• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Updated for September - Georgia Power Rankings - Fried Chicken + Kool Aid

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Since everyone is crying about the tiers, I can imagine us keeping "tier 2"
But it'll be more exclusive- you'll have to be on par with at least 2 of the top 10 members- and that's up to the panelists' opinion of your skills.

The top 10 are based on tournament bracket placings.
The tiers have kinda just been "oh yeah, this guy's pretty good"
So, assuming the other panelists have no issue-

I'd like to instate a criteria for tier 2, namely:
You have to beat 2 of the top 10 in a 2/3 set

OR

We have to see that you're on par with the top 10 by some other means

In the second case, its up to the panelists' discretion- so no whining with things like
"I'm just as good as *insert name here*!!!"
"I had a hard bracket"
and so on.

No johns- impress us.
:)
sounds like a plan. i still need to be in the legends category.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
sounds like a plan. i still need to be in the legends category.
ya for low teirs lol

anyway i like that idea for teir two peeps but i guess we have to see thw new top 10 the only problem i see is we only have to beat 2 tops tens best 2/3 once i dont feel that should atonaticaly put someone in teir shouldnt tournament placings count as well there should be some consistancy

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
ya know, if this was up to me, id just have a top 10 and thats it. That will make the rest of you work harder to get ur names posted up on here lol

but thats just me lol
I agree, but what I have in mind for tier 2 is something like a 5 person cap- like "honorable mention" because they're close to (if not) on par with the members of the top 10.

Agreed, all that tier 2 and 3 doo doo is little more than an attendance list.

no offense tier guys :)
I disagree- I think the tiers need tightening, rather than being just that attendance list you referenced. I agree that they currently are quite useless.

I'm hoping to incite competition among the melee players of GA, and make it not feel like its impossible to gain recognition on the PR.
I think a top 10 and a "tier 2" of 5 people would be more than appropriate, because sometimes the discussions for the last few spots on the top 10 are not easy calls.

@Rayku- no, the tiers were organized alphabetically, not by skill. Tier 2 will most likely not be organized by skill, because thats most of its purpose- to denote that these 5 smashers are all around the same level, and also close to the level of the top 10.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i dunno if im like, official for this PR Panel or not, but my opinion has always been that the tiers are dumb.

I'm pretty cut and dry when it comes to "who's good and who's not", and when it comes to the top 10, i think it should be the top 10.

Not Top 10 and friends.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Indeed, CT has a "list of people who don't place consistantly/don't play enough anymore"
who are good, so that's kinda like tier 2.

5 man cap is alright.

tier 3 is a bit of a stretch (MAHHTY AHHSBOURNE), but if it were to be renamed into something more appropriate for its title, it would make more sense.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
I wish someone else main Samus. It gets lonely down here sometimes:(
and yeah i agree with dogy but no one listens to me anyways lol
I hope i go down the pr cause i been slacking as of late and i need some motivation >__>

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Personally, I want to do away with tier 3, and tighten the requirements for tier 2.

Dogy, I'm pretty sure you're not going to get an inauguration, so consider yourself on the panel.

Also: without input from the other panelists- I'll just keep proposing reform to the PR till I'm happy with it.

So... speak up if you don't like some of what I'm saying, because after a day or two when no one objects, I assume that we're implementing the changes I propose.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
well thats sounds like ur mind is made up can we possibly have some sort of point system due to tournament results i think it be easier that way then not much thought would go into the actual top ten just math and of course a teir 2 what ever u decide i guess i have to accept

Prac352

Smash Lord
well thats sounds like ur mind is made up can we possibly have some sort of point system due to tournament results i think it be easier that way then not much thought would go into the actual top ten just math and of course a teir 2 what ever u decide i guess i have to accept
I think the whole point of having a panel is so that some thought does go into placements. Otherwise, the panel could be supplanted by a calculator.

That also doesn't take into consideration who played who in brackets. "Lawlz Carter is a n00b, he was dead last in brackets" doesn't hold water when you realize he was up against M2K and then Eggz.

Close match against eggz btw. You'll get him next time Carter.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I think the whole point of having a panel is so that some thought does go into placements. Otherwise, the panel could be supplanted by a calculator.

That also doesn't take into consideration who played who in brackets. "Lawlz Carter is a n00b, he was dead last in brackets" doesn't hold water when you realize he was up against M2K and then Eggz.

Close match against eggz btw. You'll get him next time Carter.
lol
im also asuming we will be in more local tourneys but just a thought like i said what ever they decide

Prac352

Smash Lord
lol
im also asuming we will be in more local tourneys but just a thought like i said what ever they decide
I used this last tourney to prove a point. I also could have said "Lawlz Desu is a n00b who finished last." While this statement is entirely accurate(: P), it's still dumb discount desu's skill (or lack there of <3) based solely on a bracket placing.

Historically speaking, from a local perspective, there have only been two tourney winners in the GA smash scene. Based on previous tournies it would be hard to use any point system beyond those first couple smashers.

Once the skill gap closes a bit that idea may have some practical application, but even then I imagine it would still need a little supervision.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I used this last tourney to prove a point. I also could have said "Lawlz Desu is a n00b who finished last." While this statement is entirely accurate(: P), it's still dumb discount desu's skill (or lack there of <3) based solely on a bracket placing.

Historically speaking, from a local perspective, there have only been two tourney winners in the GA smash scene. Based on previous tournies it would be hard to use any point system beyond those first couple smashers.

Once the skill gap closes a bit that idea may have some practical application, but even then I imagine it would still need a little supervision.
that logic would also put lambchops as one of the worst players in the nation because he didnt make it out of first round pools.

<_<;

but as prac said.

BS.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
So this is the first time I come on the boards in months... the first thing I see is something about sex with SleepyK, and tags for a thread involving america and captain falcon... georgia threads are awesome xD

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah i never understood the whole tier thing. I can go toe to toe with a couple of guys on the tier 3 list, and I"m terrible at this game.

Top Bottom