• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Updated for May - Georgia Power Rankings - Patty Melts / Chicken Fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Advisement - The GA power ranking thread is created not to envoke rivalries and bitter personal attacks. The purpose of the power ranking thread and the goal of the voting members is to provide the players of GA and anyone interested in such a means to generally compare the skill of GA players. It is not meant to say that person 4 beats person 6 every time, yet to simply state that on a consistent basis, these players outrank others in tournaments or respected matches (i.e. money matches or rivalry matches).

The Panel - The panel is currently comprised of a member to represent the three major areas of smash in GA. Josh (Gerbil) will represent southern GA. I, GAwes, will represent central GA smash scene, and Mike (mog112) will represent the northern players of GA. This is not to say, that the ranking is done on a regional basis, and that each of us gives votes as such. The process simply makes it more reasonable to keep up with how players are doing in individual matches between each other, outside of the major tournament scene.

The List- We have decided that a "potentials" list is also neccessary, this isn't to say these are the only good people in GA, but that the people in the "potentials" category are very close to making it to the actual top 10 list. Meaning that they may be reconsidered at the next Convention of Panelists. This means, that in the time between each convention, if this person beats others on the list, or others simply fall out of tournament placement, it is likely they will be moved up. The pending lists are currently in alphabetical order, as to not hold bias from one region or group of friends to another.

Note - the pending list has been divided into tier 2 and tier 3 based on consistency and ease of entry into the top ten based on future tournaments

note on tier 2 - tier 2 has been expanded to include those people who are alleged or known to have skill equal to or close to the top 10, yet are inconsistent in either placing or attendance: please take note these people pwn

The Next Convention of Panelists will be the beginning of August

LEGENDS
BLAKE - FOX / G&W
CO_AND_ME - SAMUS / FALCO
JUST1111 - BOBBY - EVERYONE
MIKE G. - INVENTOR OF PEACH

THE LIST

1. Wes - Our Savior Marth - Falcon / Cookies
2. Chad - Chaddd - Ganon / ????
3. Mike - Mog112 - Marth / Ice Climbers
4. Alpha - X2X - Samus / Shiek
5 Carter - Mike C. - Fox / Falcon
6. Dogy - Samich - Doctor Mario
7. Cornel - C . . . - Fox / Falcon
8. Keith - Prac - Peach / Ganon
9. Eugenio - Renegade - Marth / Fox
10.Josh - Gerbil - Fox / Samus

Tier 2

Ares
Chris
Datman
Marty
Menthol
Tbag
Tong

Tier 3

Articanus
Daniel Zaman
Desu
Drugged Fox
Laijin
Omega
Soft

Discuss

N. Mog112
C. GAwes
S. Gerbil

Gerbil

Smash Champion
It's simple. Omnigamer made a topic stating that we may lay out State Power Rankings.

The whole point, is to increase GA's skill.

just1111

Smash Journeyman
Hello my name is Bobby... and I'm an addict.
I'm a level 30 Ranger on Phantasy Star Universe w/ over 60 hours of playtime.
The game has been out 5 days.

P.S. wildstar is an idiot

Nite

Smash Champion
Lol, I will play playing with you and Wes soon enough, Bobby.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Instead of just regular rankings, they're POWER RANKINGS. I feel so powerful. If I win a 400 dollar money match at Devotion, does my rank go up? Because if not, I don't care because I'll have won a 400 dollar money match. Also, rankings determine a player's skill level, and not vice versa, right? I thought so. That 9 is just laughing at me. Oh well, 400 dollar money match, here I come. Or not.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I'm shocked... actually scratch that, I'm somewhat proud of GA. Heh page 2 and noone has truely *****ed yet.... awesome. :D

GAwes

Hidden Boss
So... who's the judge of my part of GA?
"Josh (Gerbil) will represent southern GA. I, GAwes, will represent central GA smash scene, and Mike (mog112) will represent the northern players of GA. This is not to say, that the ranking is done on a regional basis, and that each of us gives votes as such. The process simply makes it more reasonable to keep up with how players are doing in individual matches between each other, outside of the major tournament scene."

no "one" of us actually represents certain players, the panel of 3 is designed to insure a "semi" lack of bias between one area and another and to help clear geographic ignorance.

Btw renegade marth, are you going to devotion?

datman6699

Smash Journeyman

P.S. wildstar is an idiot
wow, bobby = <3

i'd like to say i have 45 hours and i'm lvl 28 force. lvl 7 force class. kkthx

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Do you think Power Ranking Threads (The official ones, like this one, not any wannabe threads lol) should be stickied?

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
well assuming that the application i turned in yesterday to georgia tech gets there alright and they like my essay and then I get accepted i'll be in georgia fall of next year.

other wise its UF for me.

gooooooo gainesville!

not the crappy one way north of alpharetta infested with teh meh-hi-icanos.

at least thats how we left it when my mom quit teaching up there.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Wow, Wes, good job for actually making the first PROPER power rankings thread!! Maybe the others will take heed from this one.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
thanks mookie, gratz on mod status, i asked but, i think they don't want me being a mod :( try to work me in there, i think its fair representation anyway, you have the western boarders of Atl. South, Queen has florida, and i'd be representative of georgia and the carolinas

ryanmercland

Smash Apprentice
Wes do u play PSU online?
Oh and the power rank thing, I consider myself 4th in state.
No offense to Blake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom