• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Updated for May - Georgia Power Rankings - Patty Melts / Chicken Fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Speaking of Krystal, Wes did you ever check into that Krystal Eating Contest? I saw it a few times in my past few visits there, and there was one here in GA just recently. Was just curious if you had thought about entering that (it's over now though)

GAwes

Hidden Boss
well, as much as i love krystal, i'm a very meek eater, hence why everyone calls me "meek wes" outside of the smash community, so although i knew about the krystal square-off, i can't compete with those people.

And as far as you being 4th in the state merc, like mike said, beat some people in tournaments, cause the only truly fair way to base the rankings is to assume tournaments as the only offiicial deciding factor, and you really haven't been to many in GA at all. Good luck though, always great to have competition on the high end.

ryanmercland

Smash Apprentice
Yo Wes you didnt answer my question tho. Is the online up for PSU?
If so, how is it?

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Sorry merc didn't see you ask that. Yeah, the servers went up on the 24th and its incredibly badass, def. my favorite MMO. Its much better than Ep. 1 and 2 its like they took all the best parts of the first games and just bent them to meet the needs of satisfying huge amounts of people. The party system is ****ing awesome, and the game is obviously going to get more complex than it is now :)

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Wait a minute... GAWes uses Young Link?
Lol, yeah. apparently it has something to do with a guy named Laijin and not letting him be the best Young Link in GA, it's pretty funny:laugh: so I guess you shouldn't say you have the best anything or he will start to main with that character and kick your *** with it or something :)

GAwes

Hidden Boss
i'll probably change that y. link thing to someone else, i was honestly using him for a while, and i 4 stocked some kids at the last lithonia tourney with him =/ but yeah, he's just not getting the job done, although he is fun. we'll see dec. 2nd

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Laijin is a poor sport and I 3 stocked him at SAVII (where it was only 3 stock matches for pools) in i think 58 seconds

Sighrax

Smash Lord
all i know
is that i was in the pool that had Trail in it. Maybe I played your friend. I think I went all ganon in pools and ended up going 0-2 in brackets because i wasnt confident with my falcon ;_;

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
if gerbil is on the potential list, can i be in it...ive beaten gerbil b4 more than once and by more than 2 stocks....(albeit it was all on one day and the only time ive played him)
i can see certian factors that would cause my request to be dissmissed but i figured i'd give it a shot.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
if gerbil is on the potential list, can i be in it...ive beaten gerbil b4 more than once and by more than 2 stocks....(albeit it was all on one day and the only time ive played him)
i can see certian factors that would cause my request to be dissmissed but i figured i'd give it a shot.
Well I 3 stocked Gerbil on a regular basis. Can I be on the potential list >.> *runs*

Gerbil

Smash Champion
It's not a matter of "I beat him this many times" It also includes experience, and the ability of handling other opponents that are tougher. Take alpha for example. He beats the hell out of me. No johns lol. But I can hold my own for a good while, and I have beaten him a few times in the past. Thus my exp is greater because of that factor. Of course there is much more to consider, but you understand the point. Attend more tournies, nuff said. Plus that potentials list may not even be there after Dec 2.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
true.. i knew this..i just thought id give it a shot...im sure if there was a 15 perosn list of potentials id be on it...:p but yeah u guys r awesome and ill keep playing cus of it!

co_and_me

Smash Lord
lol I have been really busy with like school and stuff. But looks like nothing has changed and everything is still the same with the game lol.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Laijin is a poor sport and I 3 stocked him at SAVII (where it was only 3 stock matches for pools) in i think 58 seconds
Jeez..
That was like..ages ago.
Lots of people 3/4 stocked me at SAVII. But at the last tournament I went to, I two stocked most of those people(who I also played at SAVII).

=______=

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
-_- No offense man... but there are reasons why you wern't...
Go on...

He may as well say so without reasons if you'll dismiss him without 'em.

I'm not saying I believe you don't have them, but at least tell him what you think.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Alright then from my PoV not Wes' or 112's:

I don't see you enough Laijin. I was told you attended AWA, and before that Initiation and before that SAVII I believe. There have been several other GA tournies from there, including G4S, SoD I, SoD II, and RUGE. And yes I do keep track of (or try to, I attend all GA's tournies that are reasonable) the more important figures or those considered for this The longer you stay out, the less considered you are. Now you are missing Devotion. Don't think I'm harping or whatever cause I'm not and I do understand that you have no ride, but that's how that works out.

Another factor is skill. Am I saying you suck? No, if you did you prob wouldn't have even been considered for pending lol. So don't think that. However those top ten, and a majority of that pending, have proven time after time their ability to be consecutive, and not just a "OMG I beat so and so once so I'm uber," kind of deal.

A third factor is experience. This kind of coincides with how often you're seen. Experience leads to greatness, and true you may have been around longer than some (I think your account says 2004), but their experience may be greater. Not to big of a factor, but nonetheless it is considered.

OOS placements/attendance. Representing GA on a good level is something all of GA needs. The top 10 are the best we have (list always subject to change of course), and honestly if we put them in OOS, would perform quite well (theorectically speaking of course, lol). OOS experience helps you in consideration, on my part at least, cause it shows that not only are you willing to make the effort to travel and compete on a representing status, but if you actually do good out there you're competing against hopefully some of the top in that state. Beating a top player in other states is a good bit of help towards your acknowledgment.

Individual popularity amongst your smasher peers. It's good to hear from other people say "OMG did you see what Wes did to Blake to win back the tournament?" or "Mike G 16 stocked SC!", that kind of thing makes you stand out. When this is on a consistent level, I can't help but think "Hmmm a candidate maybe?"

Hence why we have our Pending List. This was our first attempt at a GA Top 10, and it is not perfect yet, but I say we did a pretty good job. The Pending List is there to give proper credit to those who were in consideration, but did not quite make the list, as well as those who may be up and comming to finally arrive at that list.

Now as a closing note, don't hate me or whatever lol, I am giving my PoV on my personal thoughts, and of course Wes and 112 may, and probably will, think differently from me. But do be aware that even if you beat Carter once or twice, that kind of thing is taken into consideration true, but it by no means automatically puts you ahead of him. The key to making that top 10 Laijin, is to become consistent in doing good, especially good against the current top 10. Devotion is actually a tournament I myself will be watching closely for new potentials and change ups.

So even if you dind't make it this time, or won't make it the next go around, we always will reconsider everyone at each new panelist meeting. Again attend more, and become more consistent.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Alright then from my PoV not Wes' or 112's:

I don't see you enough Laijin. I was told you attended AWA, and before that Initiation and before that SAVII I believe. There have been several other GA tournies from there, including G4S, SoD I, SoD II, and RUGE. And yes I do keep track of (or try to, I attend all GA's tournies that are reasonable) the more important figures or those considered for this The longer you stay out, the less considered you are. Now you are missing Devotion. Don't think I'm harping or whatever cause I'm not and I do understand that you have no ride, but that's how that works out.

Another factor is skill. Am I saying you suck? No, if you did you prob wouldn't have even been considered for pending lol. So don't think that. However those top ten, and a majority of that pending, have proven time after time their ability to be consecutive, and not just a "OMG I beat so and so once so I'm uber," kind of deal.

A third factor is experience. This kind of coincides with how often you're seen. Experience leads to greatness, and true you may have been around longer than some (I think your account says 2004), but their experience may be greater. Not to big of a factor, but nonetheless it is considered.

OOS placements/attendance. Representing GA on a good level is something all of GA needs. The top 10 are the best we have (list always subject to change of course), and honestly if we put them in OOS, would perform quite well (theorectically speaking of course, lol). OOS experience helps you in consideration, on my part at least, cause it shows that not only are you willing to make the effort to travel and compete on a representing status, but if you actually do good out there you're competing against hopefully some of the top in that state. Beating a top player in other states is a good bit of help towards your acknowledgment.

Individual popularity amongst your smasher peers. It's good to hear from other people say "OMG did you see what Wes did to Blake to win back the tournament?" or "Mike G 16 stocked SC!", that kind of thing makes you stand out. When this is on a consistent level, I can't help but think "Hmmm a candidate maybe?"

Hence why we have our Pending List. This was our first attempt at a GA Top 10, and it is not perfect yet, but I say we did a pretty good job. The Pending List is there to give proper credit to those who were in consideration, but did not quite make the list, as well as those who may be up and comming to finally arrive at that list.

Now as a closing note, don't hate me or whatever lol, I am giving my PoV on my personal thoughts, and of course Wes and 112 may, and probably will, think differently from me. But do be aware that even if you beat Carter once or twice, that kind of thing is taken into consideration true, but it by no means automatically puts you ahead of him. The key to making that top 10 Laijin, is to become consistent in doing good, especially good against the current top 10. Devotion is actually a tournament I myself will be watching closely for new potentials and change ups.

So even if you dind't make it this time, or won't make it the next go around, we always will reconsider everyone at each new panelist meeting. Again attend more, and become more consistent.
IMO, experience shouldn't be a factor. I know many people that haven't played for very long, but have picked up the game at a much faster rate than others who have been playing it since it came out.

And for the record, I was -so- close to beating Azen twice at SA:VII. I only played him twice. But I'm uber for it. Just thought I'd throw it out there, 'cause I like saying it. Makes me feel like I'm more than mediocre.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Hence why I stated exp isn't to big a factor, but I do consider it minimally when it comes down to tough decisions. Heh my previous exp from Halo is really only reason why I made it on this panel lol.

And besides, you're you Luis, where's the AL Panel btw? I wanna join it so I can nominate you for top tier lol.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Actually, I remember when Reflex came to INNsomnia IV and rocked the heck out of a low tier tourney. Good sh...

Also, Gerbil, well spoken. I think you did a good job on getting your point out without bashing and whatnot. Kudos mate.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Actually, I remember when Reflex came to INNsomnia IV and rocked the heck out of a low tier tourney. Good sh...
Reflex is a very good smasher. He beats sheik with Bowser. That's like scoring a slam dunk against Michael Jordan.
I appreciate the kind words, but please, save it for the AL ranking thread when it comes out. It won't mean much in here to anyone but me. And, once again, my thanks.

And besides, you're you Luis, where's the AL Panel btw? I wanna join it so I can nominate you for top tier lol.
Reflex for top tier...I like the sound of that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom