• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
this is the greatest thing since the discovery of visual entertainment.

on the super move issue, I feel that that item mario gets to do the super move could be just that, an ITEM that automatically fills up some kind of bar, and with items off a character can fill that bar up manually through combos or getting points on some kind of points system based upon kills/damage/saves etc.

i am excited beyond words. thank you nintendo

anonymous_joe

Smash Apprentice
is it possible the new characters they announced, meta knight, pit, wario, zero suiit samus, and snake are just the new characters that you start with and there are like 15 new secret characters?

Doctor Grudge

Smash Cadet
anonymous_joe said:
is it possible the new characters they announced, meta knight, pit, wario, zero suiit samus, and snake are just the new characters that you start with and there are like 15 new secret characters?
Um these aren't all the new characters. Theres obviously gonna be more then 5 if that's what your asking.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I wouldn't bet on anything yet. Remember they still have a lack of dev's.

I think I'll write them a letter with my offer or something. Sure I have no viable skills, but I'm an idea guy. [/ridiculous dreams]

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Here's the interview. Although it is hard to tell if he is joking. At first he sounds serious but then he gets a kind of "shutup you fool" remark from Miyamoto. Then he's all like "lol just kidding!"

"Sakurai told the audience he'd says that he's gone independent and thought he'd never work on a Smash Bros. game again. However, last year around the same time as E3, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata personally asked him to help bring the series to the Wii. Nintendo even assembled a special internal development team for Sakurai, and the independent developer found the offer too great to resist.

Sakurai also told the crowd that he is still accepting applications to come work on the project. He said they have an office in Tokyo staffed by a group of people from diverse backgrounds, adding that they've only just begun work on Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Miyamoto laughed at the comment, and pointing out that the team had been together since October of last year. Sakurai then joked that even though they have been working so hard, there's nothing more than the trailer to show for their efforts."

I guess he wasn't serious?

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
Snake's shield = cardboard box.

I never thought i'd re-enter the Smash section of these forums again, but **** you Nintendo, you got me...you got me.

Jrob2k6

Smash Cadet
Falco&Victory said:
You Were All F*** Wrong!!!there Is A Possibility Of Sonic,there Are 3rd Party Characters,and I Happen To Know A Private Website With Leaking Wii Info!!hahahahahahah
Then post it so we can read and stop whining.

I'm THE JUGGERNAUT.....DON'T YOU SEE WHAT SAMUS AIN'T WEARIN' I CUSTOM MADE HER SUIT.

F8X

Smash Ace
quote from Gamespot

'The next questioner raised a major issue, asking if Super Smash Bros. Brawl would support the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Sakurai said his team will try to take the game online, but he thinks it would be a hard to make four-player online work.'

You better have online nintendo, Please!!!!

nategt4

Smash Cadet
finally got to see the whole trailer and i cant still believe that Snake is in the game

Dawg

Smash Apprentice
****, looks badass, thats so cool that it uses the GC controller, I hope they didnt change much from melee, and it better still be playable as a competetive game

F8X

Smash Ace
SWF ...
are you ready...
*crowd goes wild*
... for 37000 newbies joining and spamming until the game comes out.
*silence*

---------------------

On a side note
Just please have an online tournaments option Nintendo
This should be a game for all to remember and all to play. It will unite the world in te one thing we all like to do
Fight
I feel sorry for the mods

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I'm not afraid to admit it....while watching the trailer......I did cry.........a lot. :cry: :cry: :cry:

However, the ONLY disappointment I had with Melee was that they gave you too many characters in the beginning. The majority of the unlocked ones were clones, although I love clones (Roy and YLing FTW), however I hope these 5? are not most of them. Wait a second....didn't they show like 5 new characters in the Melee trailer too? [De-Sha-Vu Anyone?]

Seriously, That powered up Mario and Link special is.....there's no words for it....truly and honestly......And Samus' blast???? OMFGBBQ TIMES INFINITE!

I've been worked up for this. Now I can go to bed happily crying myself to sleep.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Hahah yeahhh but it wouldnt really be a bad thing if the smash community expanded a little , actually, i think it would be awesome,and online play is going to be so nice, we can finally play all those kids you know on SWF but liveon the other side of rhe world haha, yay!

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
You should post a link to the vid on the main page, alot of comments about things that can be answered with the video...

and omfg the supers are beautiful.. i really enjoyed kirbys

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
Seriously, That powered up Mario and Link special is.....there's no words for it....truly and honestly......And Samus' blast???? OMFGBBQ TIMES INFINITE!
I dunno. It seems to me that one of the things that made Melee and 64 so great was their lack of superawesome comborific megapower special moves. That, and the percentage-based damage system are what make Smash unique among the fighting game world. Combos are pulled on the fly, not entered as button presses.

Now, all of these might be items in the game, and it is just a trailer, but I really hope they don't screw this game up. We all have to remember that the target audience is not us tournament-level players. For all we know they could regard l-cancelling as an unnecessary physics glitch and remove it and wavedashing from the next game. It would make perfect sense as a design move, because 99.9% of players will never notice they're gone. It would be a death knell to the tournament scene, though.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea, neither...

oh well...at least i finished my finals, so i don't have any more school.
Guess i'll just stay up and watch this again and again.

I'm already on my 26th run, LITERALLY. anybody can match that? lmao

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
To all the people who said Sonic would never be in SSB3.

NA NA NA NA NA! I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO!

Bwa ha ha. Screw all of you who said it's "first party only!" HAHAHAHAH.

Score one for McWrong.

F0x McLoUD

Smash Rookie
I Agree This Is No Party Game And If The Specials I Saw Are Real This Would Kicks *** All The Other Sistem
Omfg I Can Wait To See All Character And Play With My Gamecube Control On My Wii

§Maverick§

Smash Journeyman
THIS IS THE MOST INCREDIBLE THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!!! THANK YOU SHIGERU!!!
And for the people who STILL think that PS3 will rock...You can all kiss Snake's ***!!

Nike

Smash Apprentice
all my 5 senses are maxing out after that video. I know u wouldn't think taste and smell but the sheer awesomeness of that video affected them somehow.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
sorry for ever saying it may be canceled...this is so awesome !!! it loooks like the chars have super moves now!...

Neo_Morphix

Smash Cadet
I simply can't stop watching the video over and over again (That's 15 times in a row!).

I've come to a conclusion, Reggie said something wrong on the Press Conference last morning, when he said The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was by far the best videogame Nintendo had ever created, and the most beautiful; I'd say without any doubt that that description was made and fits perfectly for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Top Bottom