• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

Falco101

Smash Journeyman
take out young link... completely stupid character

to people discussing metaknight: how can you be arguing about characters strengths and drawbacks already? the game isn't even made yet, let alone released

i'm still crossing my fingers for boo and toad

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Falco101 said:
take out young link... completely stupid character

to people discussing metaknight: how can you be arguing about characters strengths and drawbacks already? the game isn't even made yet, let alone released

i'm still crossing my fingers for boo and toad
Nah, too many Mario characters already... Wario is enough for now. They need to add some new, fresh characters and get rid of the clones.

docnpeach

Smash Cadet
It's on

i'm hoping to see lots of new charaters...(project HAMMER, wolf and team, diddy kong, sonic, home boy from dragon quest, or FF series, etc.) and some of the olds like fox, falco, ganon, etc..........not sheik....lol :)

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
nategt4 said:
which characters would you not like to see from SSBM, go into SSBB ? pichu and jigglypuff are my picks
I'd cut Pichu, Mewtwo, and Roy for sure,
The Maybes are Ness, GW, and DK.

docnpeach said:
i'm hoping to see lots of new charaters...and some of the olds like fox, falco, ganon, etc..........not sheik.
If they take Sheik out then we lose one of the coolest characters in gaming History. Smash is the only place for sheik to live on. Sheik is a legend, and should be treated as such.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
My question is.. will the characters actually have teeth in this game? Don't know if anyone else noticed or not, but pick someone and do a move where they open their mouth (when they yell or get hit), and pause to take a close look at their mouth - they have no teeth. The exceptions are DK (over B) and Bowser. Bit lazy with the character models, eh?

D1

Banned via Administration
Smiles said:
NO CUTS!! the game just needs to make clones a little more original, and even out all the tier list
Word up Smiles couldn't have said it better myself.

Post of the night.

All we need now is all the old smashers to come back and embrace what they once loved again ^_^.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
HugS said:
Few things to note.

Medaknight jump cancelled his shield when Pit shot him (Thanks for pointing this out L33t Democratic)

Medaknights stage will be a broken marth stage because it has 1 platform covering 2/3 of the stage. Mad tipsies.

Medaknight will suck...because he has no range. It will be ness with a ****ty sword.

Suitless samus will be my secondary, regular samus will be my main. Suitless samus will be top tier in that she'll have sheik speed, with marth range.

LOL @ me analyzing this trailer based on tournament play. Too good.
If you see carefully, he perform his down air move... which is faster than falco's Dair or marth's Dair... (exactly on 57 and 58 secs of the movie)... he re-jumped right after o_0;;;;
so you can do 6 Dair with meta knight before to re-touch the ground... crazy
I hope it's not a spike >_>

Oh and you saw, he jumped really fast out of his shield... as if he had absolutely no Shieldstun... CRAAZY

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
OH GEESUS GESSUS!!!

Now i can Imagine Marth doing his fancy amakakeru-deathblade dancing-Finishinf muff!!!! and And Fox Riding his Arwing and shooting everyone in thier faces and Sonic doing his nasty combo tag team attack with Tails and Megaman shooting a "shinkuu haduken" ala Ryu and and Sheik doing her...oh well sheik is already broken.

Jk lol this game will be in history all time kick *** games---------and welll i think Play station will get fooked just with this title.

SSBM was awesomeness........SSBB will be like the bible of the smashers around the world!!.

About th special kick *** moves...they will be able to turn on and off for sure........and about the cut scenes when they happen.....i think in multiplayer the move will occur in the normal screen without interruption.

It would be stupid to add a sequence that will interrupt the game when someone is doing another combo in the other part of the screen.

Long live smash!!!!! best game ever

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Wak said:
If you see carefully, he perform his down air move... which is faster than falco's Dair or marth's Dair... (exactly on 57 and 58 secs of the movie)... he re-jumped right after o_0;;;;
so you can do 6 Dair with meta knight before to re-touch the ground... crazy
I hope it's not a spike >_>

Oh and you saw, he jumped really fast out of his shield... as if he had absolutely no Shieldstun... CRAAZY

judging by metaknight moves... i think his slashes will be very weak....maybe weaker than marth´s (no tippers) and roy attacks,,,since they come so fast and by the look of the trailer.... thye looks so combo-friendly.

about his "downA" i hope it will be not like falco´s spike XD... but i think it will be more like roy´s down a, which has little power.

Darth Wedel

Smash Apprentice
i am completely blown away by nintendo right now...

the day before e3, i got a few tony hawk's wii screens, and they looked terrible. now, the graphics of brawl are... amazing...

the only possible dissapointment from my point of view is that it won't be a launch title :cry:
hopefully it'll be out early next year :p

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh also, if metaknight has arial moves with A LOT of hitlag... metaknight, with imagination, could use this arial move with bunch of hitlag, the move he uses in the trailer... and then use a move to knock his opponent

it does mean, in other words, that metaknight would have easy and knocking combos just like sheik does have with her foward tilt :O

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Excellent, Wario and Meta Knight are in it. I only wanted those two to be in it, especially Wario, he really deserves it with his own series. Everyone else announced so far sounds great too.

I haven't watched the trailer yet, because I am at work right now. But once I am at home in the afternoon expect to see my comments about it in here soon. I have also only read through this whole topic and nothing else yet. I cannot wait to read and see more about it, but for now I will have to click Smashboards away.

Oh, I better make a topic in the tournament section as well for this new SSB. : )

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Suitless samus will be my secondary, regular samus will be my main. Suitless samus will be top tier in that she'll have sheik speed, with marth range.
You got it all wrong, Young Link is the one that's gonna be top tier. Infact he's so good they couldn't put him in this demo video because he'd own meta knight and wario wayyy too fast and they would not be able to showcase the new characters :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
HugS said:
Medaknight jump cancelled his shield when Pit shot him (Thanks for pointing this out L33t Democratic).
Sorry Hugs, but that was CGI, not ingame.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I doubt Meta Knight's cape is his shield. For one thing, does he use it to shield himself in the Kirby games? For another, he wouldn't be able to shield himself from both sides unless he completely wrapped himself in it, which would take more than the 3 frames it takes everyone else to put their shields up.

Meta Knight for insta-low tier?

Damax

Smash Lord
Yuna said:
I doubt Meta Knight's cape is his shield. For one thing, does he use it to shield himself in the Kirby games? For another, he wouldn't be able to shield himself from both sides unless he completely wrapped himself in it, which would take more than the 3 frames it takes everyone else to put their shields up.

his shield might be something else, his cape was used in kirby as a shield. beside he looks like having nice combos in the trailer. they can make him put on his cape in less than 3 frames too.

yep after than movie I can't wait. time to get economies for 2k7

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
Yuna said:
I doubt Meta Knight's cape is his shield. For one thing, does he use it to shield himself in the Kirby games?
Yes.

Yuna said:
For another, he wouldn't be able to shield himself from both sides unless he completely wrapped himself in it,
That's what he does in Revenge of Meta-Knight.

Yuna said:
which would take more than the 3 frames it takes everyone else to put their shields up.
It doesn't take more than that in Revenge of Meta-Knight.

NOOOOOOOO...

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Lanowen, it's been suggested a few times that these super moves are only accessible with an item. Let's all hope so, because I think most of us agree that super moves in a Smash game wouldn't be too great.

Yuna, you realise that you're talking Melee figures here, right? It might not be a 3 frame shield lag in Brawl; could be more, could be less. And anyway, who's to say whether Metaknight's cape-shield animation won't activate is quickly as everyone elses regular sheild? He seems pretty fast. Also, like Mic said, that trailer was CGI. I'm pretty sure none of it was in-game footage. It doesn't seem right to want to make a tier list already out of 2 minutes of video when we don't even know the entire character line up. We might be getting abit ahead of ourselves.

Jasona

Smash Ace
The trailer reminded me of when I first started playing melee. I'd go to FD just to stare at the background. I think I'm going to do that for the first level in the trailer.
LOL, soloing samus will involve playing two characters

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
Yessssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Day! The World Is In An Uproar Of Happyness!

Top Bottom