• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
IGN.com said:
Under the direction of series creator Masahiro Sakurai, Super Smash Bros. Brawl will feature classic, GameCube-style combat -- not Wii-style motion-controlled combat. That means players who prefer to play the game with the traditional control setup can look forward to using the GameCube control-style they're already accustomed to.

"We found that trying to implement too much motion-sensory functionality can get in the way of the game. We're looking at keeping the control simple, as it has been," said Sakurai. "The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet."

The game also features a range of new nasty toys, such as the ability to unleash a puppy from Nintendogs that will run up to the screen, put its paws up and obscure the view of the action. Mario, Kirby, Pikachu and Link have been confirmed as returning characters. Sakurai confirmed that Wario actually has a fart attack and that Solid Snake can use his trusty cardboard box. In the video trailer, Snake gets out of the box and says "It's showtime!"

"We thought a lot about what to do with Snake and his moves in Super Smash Bros. Brawl," said Sakurai. "As you all know Snake walks around with a gun, but with Super Smash Bros. I didn't want to bring in a lot of real weapons. So that was a real challenge. But conversely, if we could use things like rocket launchers and other explosives, not only would that be fitting for Snake, but it would work for the other characters. But who knows. Maybe Snake will exclusively use explosives throughout the game."

Sakurai said the decision to include Solid Snake when Hideo Kojima himself practically "begged" to include the Metal Gear character in the last Smash Bros. game. When asked about the possibility of Sonic the Hedgehod appearing in the game as well, Shigeru Miyamoto said: "There are probably possibilities for other third parties as well, and it maybe that even know there are corporate discussions going on about including some of these other characters."

Even better, the game will be fully online playable in addition to featuring a robust multiplayer mode. "My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai.

The bad news is that Super Smash Bros. Brawl will no longer be a Wii launch title, but will instead be released in 2007.
As incredible as it seems, Nintendo did NOT debut their #1 franchise at their pre-E3 press show, but rather, revealed it to IGN today:

WIIIII!!!

Virtually nothing is known other than the fact that Solid Snake is in the game (I know, WTF???) along with several other highly-anticipated characters.

Seeing as how Snake is in the game (WTF???), this lends a LOT of credence to the fact that Sonic can now be in the game. In fact, I'd expect it. If third-party character Solid Snake (WTF???) is in the game, it's pretty likely that Sonic, a much more likely candidate, also made the cut.

Let the spammy speculation begin!

The game will NOT release this year.

Screens WIII!!!

More info Wii!!

The game will use the Gamecube controller.

Twilight Princess Link makes his debut in Brawl! WII!!!

Pit, you've never looked better! *sniff*

Here's a classic: Look at Mario's overalls! They look incredible!
That's a line from when Melee's screens came out. :p

Hello Metaknight! Welcome to Smash! May I slay you?

Awwww... hi Nintendog!

Metaknight breaking up the party? GREAT! WII!!!

Mario's fireballs seem to have a little more KICK! WII!!!

Wii!!! The return of Chef Kawasaki!

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!?!

HOLY ROLLER-BLADING JESUS

*drool*

Welcome Pit! We've missed you! :)

You kick ass Metaknight. :)

Triforce get!

Love the costume Wario. Welcome to Smash!

I think my brain just maxed out on AWESOME *dies*

CHARACTER ART!!!

They'd stretch the page, so I'm just posting the links.

MARIO WII!!!

PIKACHU WII!!!

KIRBY WII!!!

WARIO WII!!!

SAMUS WII!!!

LINK WII!!!

METAKNIGHT WII!!!

SOLID SNAKE WII!!!

ZERO SUIT SAMUS WII!!!

VIDEO WII!!!

http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html

There's IGN's video.

I've got it in Flash for easier viewing:

And high-res!!!

High Resolution 640x360 30 fps (50 MBs)

High Resolution 640x360 60 fps (100 MBs)

MP3 WII!!!

http://www.smashbros.com/en/music/mp3/main_theme.mp3

(Right-click, Save as)

New Screenshots Released! 5/19/06

F8X

Smash Ace
Zomg First Post!!!!1111

I told you so McWii but you said

"Its their killer app, they would have had to say it"
I said
"all we can do is Hope"
And Hope Prevailed
Two images I have seen and I am already screaming like a giddy school girl

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Meta-Knight! Pitt! Solid Snake!

If Nintendo hadn't already won E3, they just did it now!

EDIT:

YES YES YES YES YES!
Whos the girl in the top left? Hawt

Sanguimancer

Smash Apprentice
Truthfully, I don't believe it. I really think it's a joke on someone's part. It truly just doesn't make sense. The timing of the release, Snake as a character, the NAME. I don't know, maybe it is real, but I have my doubts.

Legendaryhero

Smash Journeyman
how can this be fake??? this is a glorius day for the super smash brothers community i believe we should all have an inpromtu party right this second break out the champagne this is freakin awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sanguimancer

Smash Apprentice
Another thing to note, IGN is the only place I have seen reporting it yet. No where else has validated this.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
Gotta be a fake. Solid Snake is not a Nintendo owned character. Also the staff member from IGN reported was very brief, it's all too fishy. I'll believe it when I see a video or something.

Cegi

Smash Rookie
This is amazing...
Even though Square and Nintendo are on a bit more friendly terms, does this mean that there is a possibility of Square characters? And do you think the 3rd party developers are ALSO involved in the creation of the game?

cF=)

Smash Lord
If it's on IGN, then it MIGHT be true.

Just, WHY Solid Snake (Ahaha.) ! This doesn't make any sens with the fact Nintendo as always tried to choose character they themselved created to put in SSB and Melee. A sequel with third party characters ? I guess Darth Vader and Sonic as a chance to be there (since also Sonic is one of Wii's main title),

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
It's a shame that it's not going to be a launch title, though. But I guess a delayed game that is made well is better than rushing the new Smash Bros.

I'm shocked at Snake, but I'm glad Wario is finally in it. Pit was one of those old-school characters that some people from the atrocity formerly known as the SSB3 thread predicted would be in. I'm still curious how many characters there will be in total, and what else Nintendo has up their sleeve with this game.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Chill said:
Yeah get ready for 400 more pages of useless speculation!!
Dang striaght!

Lol how will I ever get to slep with this new info?

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Venom Dream said:
I don't see Snake anywhere in that picture.

But the other three are definitely in.
And Pit looks so cool. Romanesque FTW.

Also Looks like our Wario Fans got their wishes.

But what' up with this whole internet leak as their grand revelation?

spigumus

Smash Rookie
According to Joystiq...

- It will NOT be a launch title. 2007 release.
- It WILL use the GameCube controller. (YAY!)
- Online multiplayer.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
ItalianPlayerBoi said:
I just came myself.
QFT

hooooooooooly jesus I am freaking out right now

I called COMPLETE BS when I saw Solid Snake. Man is this odd, I can't believe it's actually true.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I really don't see the big deal...

New smash, new characters. Woo-hoo? It just doesn't seem worth making a huge deal over, especially considering there is little information on it and it's slated for a 2007 release.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Cegi said:
This is amazing...
Even though Square and Nintendo are on a bit more friendly terms, does this mean that there is a possibility of Square characters? And do you think the 3rd party developers are ALSO involved in the creation of the game?

I would hope the y include Mallow and Geno from SMRPG, Since it is a square game, but featuring Mario characters, it would be possible.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow what a great day for smashers everywhere. This news spread like wild fire, I was literally sent links to the news form two friends at the same time. Crazy. Anyway, altough Solid Snak doe sseem like and odd character choice, it is still valid seeing as how he appeared in Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (a remake of teh orginal Metal Gear Solid for playstation). Its also possible taht he appeared on GCn in Metal Gear Solid 3, though I can't remember if that game released for GCN or not. But who cares! As long as this isn't some cruel prank, SSBR/SSB3/SSBB has been annouced! WHOOOOOOO! And on top of that, metaknights in it! Who could ask for more...

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dude, I'm still trying to tell myself "This is real" "This is real" I'm just trying to figure out what is up with SS.

Top Bottom