• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSD Winter Game Fest IV - 1/17-18/09 -$4000 Pot - Melee MLK Monday 1/19

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Shoutouts

This tourney was too good. Had a lot of fun. No money was made, but it was definitely worth coming :laugh:

Dory: Your mario is sick nasty. You are good enough to be considered boss' son
Edreese: I was amazed when i saw dark.pch a month ago, but you just completely blew everything out of the water. Thats one scary *****...
HugS/Mango/Romeo: Lol, fun hanging out with you melee heads for the weekend. I really didnt mind getting 3-4 stocked in melee by you guys. Thanks for the ride to In and Out. Clearly the best fast food burger money can buy. AND **** YOU MANGO YOU GOT ME SICK
Nynja: Thanks for teaming with me. We had some pretty ridiculous friendlies, too. I learned to not **** with you offstage cause i'll get owned. I'll have to practice that trick that you do offstage on FD :laugh:
Nanerz/TC1/QTP: Great to finally meet you two, as fellow diddy bretheren. I didnt even know tc1 played mario, but its pretty good O.O
Skye: Too ridiculous on commentary. and thanks for letting me commentary some with you after i finished my pool matches... I was actually waiting to see if you would 2stock that asian guy who got emo over starcraft
Black Lucario with Afro: im so sorry i dont remember your tag, but you were one of the coolest dudes there, which is ironic. Ironic that you were the coolest and that i didnt remember your name, not ironic that theres a black guy that i actually dont hate :laugh:
Havok: I didnt even stay there, but i want to say thanks for housing so many people, and putting up with even more on saturday night. It was like a freakin house party in there. Kid and Play was gonna bust out of the closet eventually >.>;;
Everyone in Pools: GGs to everyone i played in rounds 1 and 2 of pools. Round 2 was some of the most intense stuff ive ever experienced in a tourney. I actually didnt know there would be 2 rounds of pools. I would've tried harder to get higher seed in the 1st pool had i have known :laugh: . Dont take that as a john though, all the matches i lost were fair and square. I was especially impressed by Ajax's snake, and warchiefs ability to comeback. Im just happy i was able to prove that im not a complete scrub diddy, even if im not good enough to win a tourney yet
Everyone trash talking while i was playing R2 pools: ...lol. I didnt hear most of it, but im not mad about any of it. We trash talk OoS too, but only when they are *******s before getting here (like inui). And florida orange juice > cali orange juice, real talk
Everyone in the live stream chat cheering for me: thanks!
San Diego: there are entirely too many cute girls there. Its entirely unfair. Im not even talking about in the tourney. Im talking about around the city...god dammit why cant you girls be here!?!? ****
Somiyah: Thank you so much for everything over the weekend. The housing, the rides from airports and to tourneys, the weird *** pizza, everything. Next time i come to cali i'll be sure to give you more practice on that certain character that you needed training against :laugh:

Cali is too much fun. So many good players too. Cant wait to come back. Im gonna do everything in my power to come to Genesis. So until then, i'll be waiting to see you peoples again

DJMirror

Smash Master
This tourney was too good. Had a lot of fun. No money was made, but it was definitely worth coming :laugh:

Dory: Your mario is sick nasty. You are good enough to be considered boss' son
Edreese: I was amazed when i saw dark.pch a month ago, but you just completely blew everything out of the water. Thats one scary *****...
HugS/Mango/Romeo: Lol, fun hanging out with you melee heads for the weekend. I really didnt mind getting 3-4 stocked in melee by you guys. Thanks for the ride to In and Out. Clearly the best fast food burger money can buy. AND **** YOU MANGO YOU GOT ME SICK
Nynja: Thanks for teaming with me. We had some pretty ridiculous friendlies, too. I learned to not **** with you offstage cause i'll get owned. I'll have to practice that trick that you do offstage on FD :laugh:
Nanerz/TC1/QTP: Great to finally meet you two, as fellow diddy bretheren. I didnt even know tc1 played mario, but its pretty good O.O
Skye: Too ridiculous on commentary. and thanks for letting me commentary some with you after i finished my pool matches... I was actually waiting to see if you would 2stock that asian guy who got emo over starcraft
Black Lucario with Afro: im so sorry i dont remember your tag, but you were one of the coolest dudes there, which is ironic. Ironic that you were the coolest and that i didnt remember your name, not ironic that theres a black guy that i actually dont hate :laugh:
Havok: I didnt even stay there, but i want to say thanks for housing so many people, and putting up with even more on saturday night. It was like a freakin house party in there. Kid and Play was gonna bust out of the closet eventually >.>;;
Everyone in Pools: GGs to everyone i played in rounds 1 and 2 of pools. Round 2 was some of the most intense stuff ive ever experienced in a tourney. I actually didnt know there would be 2 rounds of pools. I would've tried harder to get higher seed in the 1st pool had i have known :laugh: . Dont take that as a john though, all the matches i lost were fair and square. I was especially impressed by Ajax's snake, and warchiefs ability to comeback. Im just happy i was able to prove that im not a complete scrub diddy, even if im not good enough to win a tourney yet
Everyone trash talking while i was playing R2 pools: ...lol. I didnt hear most of it, but im not mad about any of it. We trash talk OoS too, but only when they are *******s before getting here (like inui). And florida orange juice > cali orange juice, real talk
Everyone in the live stream chat cheering for me: thanks!
San Diego: there are entirely too many cute girls there. Its entirely unfair. Im not even talking about in the tourney. Im talking about around the city...god dammit why cant you girls be here!?!? ****
Somiyah: Thank you so much for everything over the weekend. The housing, the rides from airports and to tourneys, the weird *** pizza, everything. Next time i come to cali i'll be sure to give you more practice on that certain character that you needed training against :laugh:

Cali is too much fun. So many good players too. Cant wait to come back. Im gonna do everything in my power to come to Genesis. So until then, i'll be waiting to see you peoples again
No offense but it was pretty funny how me, QTP, Irow, Sky and MikeHAZE Were yelling "****" & "GET *****" to your face when you got D Tilt lock by Zex's Marth on PS1. But good **** at Havok's house tho

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Singles Bracket

1: Fiction
2: DEHF
3: DSF
4: Leepuff
5: SK92
5: BoA
7: TKD
7: Teba
9: Cat Nip
9: Nyjin
9: Shadow ROB
9: MogX
13: Skank
13: Hall
13: Ajax
13: JaimeHR
17: Havok
17: mikeHAZE
17: VANS
17: TC1
17: Meep
17: The Nanerz
17: ERS++
17: Tyrant
25: Edo
25: Erow
25: Michael Hey
25: Dory
25: QTP
25: EasySeph
25: RichBrown
25: Sean

Doubles Bracket

1: nealpro (BoA + Teba)
2: We Decapitate (DSF + Shadow Rob)
3: We Don't Like Black People (Erow + Zex)
4: You Can't Handle the **** (Leepuff + The Nanerz)
5: INb4sean (Sean + CPU)
5: Does Everyone Hate Fiction? (DEHF + Fiction)
7: Hello Mr. Sakurai, How Many Forward Smashes Does It Take To Kill a Metaknight? (Edrees + Champ)
7: Dookie Pond (C@Nip + DP)
9: Shut the **** Uppercut Fool (Ajax + Jon T)
9: 2 Handed Swing (TC1 + Meep)
9: Super Smash Twins (t1mmy + t0mmy)
9: Jungle Fever ( mikeHAZE + Tyrant)
13: Banana Nutbread (GDX + Nynja)
13: Suck it on the Bucket (Gishnak + WarpStatus)
13: HugS + TKD (HugS + TKD)
13: Tensel Bukkake (Nabster + Fabian)
17: The Best 2 Pit Players You'll Ever See (Nezumi + Dory)
17: We look like Mexicans but we're not (Havok + MogX)
17: Event Staff Sky and Some Random (Sky + Jmex)
17: SK92 + Swell Kel (SK92 + Swell Kel)
17: Criss Angel Mind Freak Bone (Soid + Bone)
17: Club Papi Hosted by Lola (Edo + Irow)
17: NAMBLA (ViceGrip + ERS++)
17: Nambla Poster Child (Awex + Burntsocks)
25: You Want The **** (Kurohito + Raretruffle)
25: Zero Stance (Half Demon + Anbu)
25: Dream Soldiers (Dreamhack + Ghettosoldier)
25: Mr. & Mrs. Game & Watch (Infernohit + Princess Aura)
25: We Can't Swim (JTB + JunkInTheTrunk)
25: Team Colon 3 (Steppin It Up For AD + Peace)
25: Hall and Oates (Hall + Oats)
25: Thug Life (PBS + Gylmar)

DJMirror

Smash Master
OK SHOUTOUT!

SK92 - Nice to meet ya and thanks for the commentary at the tournament
Sky - For doing the Commentary and a ride to UCSD
Hall - For being so cool
MikeHAZE - Seriously we need to go do more commentary with Sky and Irow and nice to meet ya
Havok - thanks for everything
BoA - For being so cool
Leepuff - also for being so cool as well
Eazy - funny and chill dude
Irow - For the **** talking commentary, it was really funny
Sean from ToA Crew - For making me laugh alot
Oats - For letting me stream at Havok's house and nice to meet ya
Junkinthetrunk - Sexy marth
JTB - I saw you playing Left 4 Dead but good **** in teams with Junk
Rej/yubin - good **** during pools
QTP - Man funny guy

and everyone else too! sorry if i didnt forget to mention so thanks and nice to meet ya as well

TKD

Smash Lord
The top 4 from this tournament are actually the 4 best players in the West Coast ATM, IMO.
I'll also be a top player soon, just to see how far Meta Knight can go.
Anyway, fun, fun, fun. =D

Good stuff AznLep! Best tourney I've attended.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Singles Bracket

17: Havok
17: mikeHAZE
Ah shiet chea lovers forever

Pat you ran this smooth! i loved it!

Norcal- u guys ****
Adam, mikeHAZE, Tyrant and Larry- too mother ***** good!
My crew- XD we'll try harder next time!
Everyone that stayed at my house- WAYYYY too fun. I won't forget this. My house is cold right now. lol.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
We need to give Fly a big pat on the back for going to Connor's biweekly and not this.

GO FLY!

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Shoutouts...

Havok- Thanks for housing etc, etc. Asada's was delicious. Keep up the good work. I watched your MK vs Meep, **** your MK is getting sexy.
Oats- You're a god**** dirty swooper and I hate you.
Stauffy- I love you man. FD Johns all day.
RichBrown- I'm finally learning the olimar match up. You ready for a MM?
Typh- We're starting a tradition. I hope that we never get to finish a friendly. (Well, not really)
DSF- You owe me a serious friendly.
Phoenix- Where did that Sonic come from?
ERS- Man, too good. I'll know wario by the time I play you again.
Cuba- Man, we need to kick it some time. Good hanging with you for a bit, start playing brawl again. As much as you nay say, you seem interested.
Mikehaze & associates- Too good sesh.
QTP- Your diddy is fast! Let's play again.
TC1- Well played sir, well played. You're lucky we didn't dance battle. I would've mindgamed the **** out of you.
Oki-Teach me how to 9 hammer.
TlocCpu- Your d3 has gotten good. I'll play you any day.
Palmdale brothers- You guys are still too cool. You guys make the brawl tourney scene awesome. Leepuff, when can I get to chapter 10? Seriously though, watching your game & watch was probably my favorite part of this tournament. Man, you need to come up to SLO and teach me your mindgames :D
SK92- Your dair tech chasing is too sick. I want a rematch, playing your falco is something else.
Fiction- Friendlies were good. I told you that you could beat Larrybird. Your time in brawl has come.
Tommy- I'm waiting for your pikachu to wreck the scene. Good friendlies.
DJPwn- Your cool man, but I think you should stick to Lucario, and own with him.
Edrees (and now CHamp)- Wtf man! I'm tired of your **** mid-tier team.

*insert various johns*

Amazing tournament Pat. I'd expect nothing less.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Good tourney! Could possibly have been my last one =]
I just wanted to be the best ROB placing the highest in all these big tourneys and seems like Ive accomplished that =]
I wish Alex and I coulda won doubles though =[
I had my good moments and bad ones too where I just got ***** =[
Fiction and Larry good **** in both singles and dubs (had me scared in doubles lol)
Teba and BoA love you guys =]
Lee Im glad I didnt play you lol
PALMDALE CREW FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]

D

Deleted member

Shoutouts:
Everyone-You are amazing! Lots of cool people from all over the place :)

Amazing tourny, thanks for hosting pat!

Awex

Smash Lord
Shoutout time. (organized at first by region, then kinda gave up on that.)

First of all, I apologize to anyone who noticed my bad breath this weekend. Wisdom teeth making me wear my retainers all weekend is my john. :x (Sky is the only person who said something about it, but I know it was bad.)

Cuba: Cool hanging out with you as always. Hope to seeya around

Sky: You're hilarious. I hope to see you do stand-up sometime.

Edo: Good job in pools. I should have realized we could have split, but if I couldn't take the last game I needed, I didn't really get in did I? Nice playing you.

Kurohito: You seemed like a funny, nice guy. Plushies ftw. GGs in pools.

Sean: Didn't talk to you a whole lot, but you're cool. hah. Seeya around.

BoA: GGs in teams. No one is ready for Yoshi/Olimar. :p

Teba: Same as above, Teba pro, lol. Congrats to both of you for winning teams.

Leepuff: Hmm, I don't think we talked a whole lot this weekend. D: Good stuff in the tournament though.

Skank: GJ this weekend. Though I'm not gonna let you call yourself best Olimar in SoCal. >:D

Dory: You're silly. lol. Fun stuff.

Samuelson: Holy ****, brawl+ is fun. I think I prefer regular Brawl for a tournament standard though. (But I wouldn't mind no tripping being standard.)

Oki: Burntsocks > you in falcon dittos.

Meow: Jiggs. (:D)

Burntsocks: Teams was fun. :D Good stuff on beating Mog X

Mr Pink: Tsuro is fun. :D

Hall: Thanks for the ride home. Rock band was lots of fun.

Phear: Again, rock band was fun. I'm making you a Paramore mix CD. lawl

Nyjin: Good job this weekend dude. =)

MikeHAZE: lol, you're funny. I'll make an effort to match you at a tournament soon. :p

Somiyah: Nice pillow.

Romeo: LOL good ****.

Fierce: Thank you for the CD. Good job in teams.

Nabil: Again, GJ in teams.

Stauffy: First Lucario to beat me in tournament. That makes my record like, 9-1 now. :p

Havok: Wow. Housing everyone like you did was soooo ****ing cool. Mad props for that, hosting Chula Vista weeklies and just generally leading San Diego's Brawl scene. Seriously, way too good. <3

Oats: You're amazing. The stream had so many people watching. Beast. Of. All. Beasts. <3

Bone: You're hilarious, I'm a little gullible. lol. Always a pleasure.

Rickety: You dropped in! :D Good to see you again. =)

Selendrile: You also dropped in. =) Hope to see you and gursalug back as regulars. :D

Ajax: Aww, you said you'd do drums in Rockband with us. Haha, no worries. GGs in teams. =)

RichBrown: It was awesome housing you and Tron trainer. :D

Typh: You crack me up. <3

Ghetto Soldier + Adambomb: Rap battles were too good.

Fiction: Congrats. =)

Azn Lep: Thanks for an amazing tournament.

If I left anyone out, I love you too. <3

Seeya around. :D

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Brawl gets boring FAST.
True but this one was actually pretty cool everyone was watching the main matches and there were some crazy moments.
But idk the game just aint the same no more
Im not quiting cuz its boring, if anything Im just stopping for alil because I cant live off of this lol
I work in a law ferm, I am moving in with my girlfriend now, and Im going to school so in between that I cant really find any time to BRAWL.
I will attend future tourneys but I wont be going to all them every saturday or sunday
Ive met too man great people in the community to just walk out on it.
Next tourneys I plan to attend are maybe SCSA and Genesis.
Huge gap in between that so yea =]

Plus I just wanted to be the best ROB =]

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
RESULTS THREAD

STAFF
nealdt - Thanks for helping out with pools, giving me the new version of tio, and being amazing all around
Edrees - Always great seeing you man, you should come to SD more often. Thanks for helping me with seeding for pools and brackets. It wasn't perfect but probably as good as it could have been. Keep repping Peach man.
Mango - Most useless staff member ever haha. Hope you feel better, sorry about you Eagles
Rina-Chan - Thanks for sticking around and calling matches
Sky - This guy *****. Thanks for the impromptu staff status, commentating, moving people along, and starcraft stories. What a cool guy.

WGF Officials
Elaine - Soooo much thanks for collecting money, handling finances and being there even when you didn't have to be, I owe a lot of the tournament's success to you.
SCTC - Thanks for the help during the venue change and equipment.
Sponsors - Couldn't have done it without you folks

NorCal
Sean - Hey man it was great meeting you. Great stuff through pools, it's a bummer you didn't do as well as you'd have liked to in brackets. G'luck at BIO2
Edo - Nice Snake there man. I was really impressed with your performance during 2nd pools.
Erow/Irow - Make my life more confusing with those names... good **** to both you guys though
Zex- Good stuff in teams
CPU - is not norcal apparently
Cat Nip - One of the most original MKs i've seen in a while, just stop playing melee friendlies when I'm calling your tournament matches next time haha
DP - Good job in doubles. Such a funny/broken team to watch
TC1 - Great performance at the tournament. Maaaad props for taking out TKD. I heard your Mario beat Hall in that mm.
Nanerz - I had fun watching you and Leepuff in teams. you guys had some pretty **** combos

Mexico
TKD - Don't worry too much about it man, you're still amazing in my book
Soid - Should have went to MLK melee monday. I guess 2 days of brawl drains anyone though
MogX - You actually really surprised me this tourney, congrats on 9th
JaimeHR - Surprised me even more than MogX haha. I've never even heard of you and then you **** with G&W golly gee man.

Palmdale
BoA - Palmdalepro brothers are toooo good. It's always a pleasure seeing you at tournaments man. One of the genuinely happiest people I've ever met. I need to trip up to palmdale sometime
Teba - Same goes, kudos in doubles and singles you guys are sooo good at this game. It's just a bummer that you guys had to fight each other in losers. I guess that's what you get for being this good.
Leepuffpro - Mad props for placing in both events. I was rooting for you all the way to get to finals. My favortie gangsta G&W for sure
Skank - Wow **** stuff in brackets man. Michael Hey and Havok are both really good players. Congrats
Shadow Rob - Amazing performance in singles and doubles alike. Best ROB i've seen for sure.

LA and it's surrounding areas (562 818 805 etc etc)
Larrylurr - Good **** Larry, you had some pretty amazing falco stuff there. No offense fiction but I really wanted larry to take this one. You should smile more, it's ****
Fiction - That being said, mad props to you man. You had an amazing run in losers taking out SK92 Leepuff and DSF all back to back and then beating Larry twice to win finals. Good gravy man, that's amazing
mikeHAZE - Good job beat DSF and Shadow Rob in teams, kind messed up the bracket though haha. It's good to see you again man, you should come to SD more often
Tyrant - I'm sooo sorry about that mishap in pools, thanks for catching me on it. Same props to you in teams for your performance man.
Champ - Fox Sheik and Falcon? This isn't melee son. Great stuff though I really enjoyed watching your mid/low tiers tear it up. Now if only i could understand you in a conversation. One step at a time i guess.
RichBrown - has amazing shirts. Great meeting you man, didn't know we had any olimars that were that good
DSF - shake it off man, I still think you're the best on the west. you got this
Nezumi - you and Dory tore it up in teams that was really cool haha. I'm bummed about your situation in pools though, seems wrong to have the 2nd most match wins and still not make it out. Gotta clinch those sets though. Next time you got this
Ajax - You and JonT looked freakin unstoppable on the live stream. Sucks that Cat Nip ran the time on you in singles. Pretty lame way to go, I'm sure you'll get your revenge on of these days.
JonT - Wow you've got soo much better since the last time I saw you play... which was aznforces hahah. I guess Culver City is legit now.

San Diego and it's surrounding areas (858 760 619)
Hall - I always love having you at tournaments. It's good to have that consistency in SD. I just might have to learn this game one of these days.
Oats - Thanks so much for all you did at this tournament. Live stream was awesome and the power strips were a lot of help. You should do some melee stuff with that equipment one of these days
Natch - Keep track of your stuff man. I'm sorry that you were the only one to lose anything at the tournament, but I must have announced grab your set ups and move them to the new venue. That being said, take care man, I'll keep an eye out.
Havok - **** marth man, that thing is scary. good stuff in both rounds of pools. you're a cool guy i should talk to you more
Awex - tough stuff in 2nd pools. if you only had one more match. It's always good seeing you around though don't beat yourself up about it
burntsocks - no johns, all the pools were hard haha. same thing though, great seeing you
PBS - glad to see UCSD repping at a Regional tournament

OOS
t1mmy & t0mmy - you guys did pretty well in teams, I don't what you're talking about when you say you can't team well together. don't beat yourself up too much about singles though. Hope you guys got home alright
SK92 - This kid gets better everytime I see him. It's great to have top players from out of state come by. Awesome stuff all around man.
Swell Kel - Thanks for helping out with the financial stuff. Sorry if there any complications haha, always a pleasure seeing Kirbys in this game too.
GDX - hey we didn't get to talk to much but you seem like a pretty chill guy. Glad to see some EC making the trip over to California. SD ladies are too good haha.
Nynja - Kansas? raaaandom haha. You guys made a pretty solid run in doubles. 13th isn't bad at all. Great stuff man.

Random Brawl Noobs
Please tell me if your taking set-ups mid tournament. It sucks starting with 28 and magically being down to 14 by the second day. Also, while I'm still seeding pools don't ask me what pool your in, who you're playing next, or if you need a partner to play in doubles. Lastly report your matches please! Nothing kills a TO more than that. But as tough as all those things were, I really owe a lot of the tournament to you guys coming out and trying to prove yourselves. It's really cool to see a diamond in the rough come up and make some upsets.

I know that I'm missing some people... err a lot of people, so generic shout out to you folks. Thanks for coming and making this tournament as good as it was. If you traveled from far away, mad props for coming all the way to SD. If you're relatively local, come to SD more often, this place *****. Again thanks to all attendees.

Top Bottom