• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSD Winter Game Fest IV - 1/17-18/09 -$4000 Pot - Melee MLK Monday 1/19

RichBrown

Smash Master
I'm going to pick pictochat at least once just so I can say the following:

"I'm going to pick......................

tochat"

There's like over 300 people going to this, ****nnn

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I need a partner for this. :(

Someone good please :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Soo...LeeMartin, Sethlon, Kalo, and I will be attending this.

:p.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So how good was yugioh master iyo hylian LOL.
He was pretty good actually. A LOT better then I expected :). Certainly better then me anyways. Though Xelic 3 stocked him >_> lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol. I guess we don't know about mexico.
YOU DON'T KNOW MEXICO SON THEY WILL BEAT YOU DOWN!!!

<3 gamefaqs
hey hylian

stay for melee

i want a mm rematch
It depends really.

Did I beat you last time? I don't even remember XD. That tournament was kind of a blur with me getting trapped in florida and my girl at the time leaving me for another guy and telling me during melee pools XD.

JDM

Smash Champion
I remember you posted that story on gamefaqs. That really sucks.

Gamefaqs *****.

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
Well, me and my friend still need a ride to this, but we only need it for sunday. if anyone can help us out, we're in point loma at the end of the 8 west freeway. PM me if you can, we can help with gas money.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Just as a reminder, here's the stage striking system

The stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set. There must be an odd number of starter stages.

Edit: Also, if you look at the SBR ruleset:

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

I just wanted to highlight those two because these rules are important and DO come up in a tournament this large. Pat, it would be good to amend the rules post with the striking system as well as these two =)

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Just as a reminder, here's the stage striking system

The stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set. There must be an odd number of starter stages.

Edit: Also, if you look at the SBR ruleset:

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

I just wanted to highlight those two because these rules are important and DO come up in a tournament this large. Pat, it would be good to amend the rules post with the striking system as well as these two =)
Edrees, Azn lep also wrote a shoutout on the tourney page of all is brawl and said DDD's standing infinite's are banned. I wonder if this is true and does it also apply to Wario and any other characters? This information was not posted in the actual rules however.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Lee decided last minute that it wasn't a good idea =/ And we have no other car that is reliable enough to take all the way to California.

Zack353

Smash Ace
Anyone know if the halo tourney is going to be tommorow or not?

Also will there be prizes?

IsaakFenris

Smash Rookie
Ill be there.

Apparently a couple of my friends from a different forum told say hi to Mango, infernohit, and Faye.

Top Bottom