• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tyler, TX - POWER RANKINGS UPDATE!!! #disney #minifoxislegendary

Psychoace

Smash Champion
TEXAS! XYRO REQUIRES ASSISTANCE!!!!!

Would you guys help me think of a tournament name for my new monthly series and regional for smash 4? Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin or any other city can join in on the name ideas. If i end up picking a name that one of you created or if i create my own name from an idea that one of you created, that person will get free entry into my smash 4 series FOR LIFE (or until smash 5 is out).

I really hate to put limits on your creativity, but if you can, please think about the following when you are crafting names:

1. Dont make it SMASH related. Make it GAMING related because i will be doing more than just smash this time around (games will be determined later). Evolution, Major League Gaming, Apex, Texas Massacre are examples of non smash events that can/have held smash events along side many other games.

2. If possible, the name you come up with should be able to be an acronym as well. Remember how Houston's Official Brawl Organization was HOBO and Major League Gaming is MLG? See if you can do that when creating my monthlies series and the regional. Again, its not mandatory but it would be nice.

3. If possible, try and create a name for both the monthly and regional event but have them be slightly related. HOBO (monthly)-->WHOBO (regional). KTAR (monthly)--->SKTAR (regional). See? We just added a W (world) and S (super) to the original names and it still sounds good. I wanna try and do that again.
(monthly) T.H.C. The Houston Chronicles (regional) ITHC {International} THC.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Show up at the library ASAP tomorrow morning guys if you are competing in dubs for Brawl/P:M. I'm starting it @ 2pm on the dot. The plan is to be out of the community room by no later than 0130 Sunday morning, because I have to drive back to Naples.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
It was great seeing everyone save Rave yesterday for Fight Club. We had a lot of people come through and play Brawl and Project M along with other stuff. As of right now, ETFC V is TBA due to a group-wide trip in mid-March to Atlanta, GA for a international competition.

On an additional note, in order to further increase attendance I will be working with DFW Melee to not have their DIME tournaments conflict with Fight Clubs.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Alright, we are currently looking at April 12th as a possible date for ETFC V. I do have something I want to do though the night before in Dallas (concert with Behemoth headlining), so I'm not real sure yet about that. The trip that I had talked about in March fell through because of one of the guys being in grad school @ SFA. I will try to talk to the missus soonish about the PARG2 carpool (next 24-48 hours, dependent on mood) and I will have a definitive answer for it. I don't think I'll play though if the carpool ends up happening, because I only have 15 bucks to last to the 3rd of Feb.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I may not be able to make that either because of when my baby is due. Its kinda close to the due date.
hence the word possible date. We're switching to a bi-monthly format for the foreseeable future and April 12th will not work with the new schedule format. We're doing this in order to possibly prep for traveling to Evo in mid-July (more details about that soon if it all goes to plan).

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Just got off the phone with the library, March 8th is the date for ETFC V! Tournament thread to be posted later ...

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Sounds good. Not sure when our next fest is tho. We normally hold them at my apartment, but I'm in Tue process of moving and preparing for the arrival of my first kid. I am trying to get one together before march.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Sounds good. Not sure when our next fest is tho. We normally hold them at my apartment, but I'm in Tue process of moving and preparing for the arrival of my first kid. I am trying to get one together before march.
I'd like to get one together too, but the issue is space. I have a space bigger than your place currently Rave, but our front room is used by my stepchildren/grandkids. It's also on the other side of Longview heading towards Texarkana, so there's that.

Last edited:

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Yeah... not exactly sure if that's doable. I doubt labernash and Icecream could make them. And that's also pushing it for me. But we will plan one out. If everything goes well, I may have some free time on this upcoming Saturday.

Xyro77

Just a heads up to my smash community.

Houston has been chosen to host a MLG sanctioned Brawl/PM event this coming May 3rd-4th. It will be WHOBO: MLG Special Edition. By going to this, you will receive MLG points for seeding at other MLG events/chapionships. We will be also be receiving top notch advertisement thanks to MLG's website and stream (mlg.tv) so expect this event to be big. I will be making a thread/FB group about this soon so please stay tuned.

Last edited:

Xyro77

It is an honor to announce that am hosting the return of an MLG (Major League Gaming) supported event in Houston Tx on May 3rd-4th 2014. This event, as well as other MLG supported events in the USA over the next 5 months, determine if Brawl/Melee/PM make it into the official MLG season schedule. This event, if supported to the max, will not only mean great things for the current smash games but can also help our future in Smash 4. Please go to this event and show MLG we want smash taken to the next level.

SWF Link:
http://smashboards.com/threads/may-3-2014-whobo-mlg-houston-special-edition-houston-tx.348315/

AiB Link:
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14466

FaceBook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/278250605676938/?

NOTE: There is a player cap of 200 entrants so if you plan on supporting this MLG event, please register asap.

Last edited:

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Do we want to try organizing a carpool for the MLG WHOBO? I don't know if I can head it up just yet (waiting on some family news first before anything)

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
WHOBO being the first weekend of May means that ETFC VI will more than likely be the weekend after or the last weekend of May. As of right now though, I'm wary of scheduling anything out past ETFC V though, and here's why.

My father-in-law (Chandra's dad) will have to go to Houston to have a heart procedure done in the near future, which will put us in Houston for an undetermined amount of time. While we have family in Houston, the timeframe that he may be down there may possibly conflict with a ETFC being scheduled, and I cannot run these events by myself. Couple this news with the quite possible fact that by the end of this week, I may be employed full-time by a company out of Winnsboro (and having to travel around the US to do server installs for said company from time to time) makes me quite hesitant to schedule anything.

As soon as i get word, I'll pass along to everyone in the FB group and on here.

Top Bottom