• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tyler, TX - POWER RANKINGS UPDATE!!! #disney #minifoxislegendary

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I have an announcement coming soon about a major annual Smash-only tournament that I am in the process of pre-planning for in Q1 2014. This tournament will not take place at the library nor Geek World, instead it will take place in Tyler though, that much I have planned for. I will start looking at venues in November, as I am looking to make this a two-day event with the whole shebang. I'm in the beginning process of drafting a formal letter to the leadership teams behind the ClashTournaments and VGBootCamp streams, asking if they would be able to cover the event. I have BIG plans for this, and could use everyone's support!

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
minifox you should make a new PR Image! I'll go post on your FB and tell you too cuz you may have forgotten that smashboards exists after DDOS(I do all the time lol)
1. Labernash(Wario/Sonic kinda)
2. icecream(Metaknight)
3. Minifox(Olimar/Pikachu)
4. Tawko(Snake)
5. Rave(Ike/Lucario)
6. Psychoace(Metaknight/Falcon)
7. Saix(Wolf)
8. Lun4(Toon Link)
9. Poppa(Kirby)
10. Special K(Marth/Wario I think)

I think the theme we wanted was disney princess's. We should re-say who we want as our princess tho. DIBS ON JASMINE

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
so, here's the dilemma I'm currently faced with:

I've not heard anything from my traditional friends as to what date in December they're wanting to snag for a tournament. So, what will more than likely happen is this scenario:

I will run a full Smash tournament in December (probably the 14th as previously suggested), and bump the full Fight Club gathering from January to February.

MiniFox5

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I basically forgot about this lol plus because of Pokemon yup.

I'll make a new one!
Alright guys, so I need you to name you're Disney princess here, thanks <3 and help me out if these guys don't have an account here;; or I'll just put a random Princes if they don't care.

Putting the list to keep track

1. Labernash(Wario/Sonic) - Rapunzel
2. icecream(Metaknight) - Jasmine
3. Minifox(Olimar/Pikachu) - Ariel
4. Tawko(Snake) - Aurora
5. Rave(Ike/Lucario) - Princess Leia
6. Psychoace(Metaknight/Falcon) - Nala
7. Saix(Wolf) - Megara
8. Lun4(Toon Link) - Cinderella
9. Poppa(Kirby) - Tiana
10. Special K(Marth) - Snow White

And Labernash, do you just want Sonic as your main or want both Wario/Sonic?

Labernash

Smash Lord
I picked Rapunzel, Psy picked Nala, and Rave picked Princess Leia

And I think you wanted Ariel, right?

Give Tawko Aurora

Saix the Hercules princess

Lun4 should be Cinderella

Poppa should be Tiana

And SpecialK should be Snow White

Labernash

Smash Lord
The disclosure to the D23 Expo 2013, Megara was cited as a "Disney Princess", and actress Susan Egan, who makes her voice in the film was confirmed to be at the event. It was also announced that there will be the presentation of previews for Disney products, which led to rumors that Meg could be entered in the franchise. Responding to a fan via email, the production of the D23 Expo 2013 said the matter could not be discussed at the event. On August 21, Meg was seen along with Aurora, Snow White, Cinderella, Ariel, Tiana, Belle and Merida in Walt Disney World, doing poses for photos.

From the Disney Wiki

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
What you can expect from the upcoming 3 Who's Tyler? events:
Stricter venue fee regulations(still waived if you bring a FULL set-up, and no other reason. no exceptions.)
Venue fee increase to $7($2 added as Who's Tyler? X fund. Yeah.)
Side event at every event to cost $3(to help with that venue so people can end up at even numbers for entering fee's)
All events to run Brawl Singles/Doubles, PM singles/doubles and ONE brawl side-event(usually a low tier event since most of the tyler scene has a low tier)
All events will remain in the Library

What you can expect from the LAST Who's Tyler? event EVER(Who's Tyler? X):
Hype. You can expect hype, and nothing else at this point~
I know I said 6 would be the last event I'd try for, but you know what I'm pulling a xyro and trying for the last one. Gotta go out with a bang, and a 10th event is a pretty big deal. More details to come.

Labernash

Smash Lord
MINI IT IS PERFECT!!!!

Like, I couldn't ask for a better one. Oh my goodness, I got hyped!!!!

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
sorry for the lack of communication, I've been really busy with stuff as of late. Anywho, here's the two possible scenarios I see going forward if I get either one of these jobs:

1.) I get the job at the Credit Union - I get to stay in Longview for the foreseeable future with a mostly Mon-Fri schedule (occasional Saturday is at their behest). Fight Club will be put on hold until April, when we move it tentatively to our house in Gladewater.

2.) I get the manager job in Arkansas - ETFC will no longer be held in its current incarnation if at all after the January event, as I will be extremely busy with this job. I will probably move it to the Texarkana area if I can find a suitable venue that's not Borderland Games.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I didn't get either job I posted about earlier (Credit Union was a buncha dickbags to me, and the Arkansas job was offered to someone else), but December will not have a Fight Club due to scheduling conflicts with Texas Bar Fights (traditional event). It will be in January as originally planned with some changes in place (increase in venue fee to offset expenses) being #1 and some rule changes (exclusivity of tournament setups/me running brackets for every game including Brawl/P:M) being #2.

There is also a small chance (40 to 50 percent) that Fight Club may not happen in January at all, and here's why:

On Monday, I interviewed in Irving (as in the Dallas area) for a potential job. It's not what I studied for in college, but I have over $30,000 in student loans to pay off and that's gotta be taken care of starting in February. The recruiter said they would make a decision in the next couple of days as to who they're going to hire. If I get hired, Chandra and I have to move to Dallas full-time within 6 months (which means no more Fight Club). The commute from my father-in-law's house to the prospective office alone is going to be 5 hours a day to and from. I will however, have 2 Saturdays a month off though.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I vote Addison for ETFC TO. You change too much mike. It makes it hard to get dates off for the events.

such as it is, I cannot control what is going on in mine and Chandra's life other than what I've tried to do so far Rave. I'd rather be upfront and let you guys know what's going on with us rather than keep you guys in the dark. That's all I will say in that regard.

Top Bottom