• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tyler, TX - POWER RANKINGS UPDATE!!! #disney #minifoxislegendary

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Just saying. Its your tourney series. I just suggest committing to a date in advance. PR until things steady out. For you guys hold off on any more. Didn't mean to irk you mike. But I've lost personal time at work requesting dates off for your events. It takes time to build that up. And I can understand things hapien.but (iirc) the last few events have been cganged . I'm starting to see a pattern.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Just saying. Its your tourney series. I just suggest committing to a date in advance. PR until things steady out. For you guys hold off on any more. Didn't mean to irk you mike. But I've lost personal time at work requesting dates off for your events. It takes time to build that up. And I can understand things happen (iirc) the last few events have been changed . I'm starting to see a pattern.
Sorry that I have inconvenienced you, as that never was (nor has ever been) my intent. I've gotten to know all of you guys on an vastly individualized basis through coming to the fests I've been able to attend alongside the Who's Tyler events I have attended this year and the ETFC events I have hosted in 2013. The only reason that I haven't stopped the entire series altogether is because of the insane amount of effort the wife and I put into pulling an event like East Texas Fight Club off, and seeing that pay off in the form of people being able to come together and play Brawl/P:M/Melee in a setting like ours brings a sense of existence to me. Trust me when I say this, I don't host tournaments for money or the competition. I get by just barely by the skin on my ass.

get your life settled and THEN do tournaments.

My life, as unfortunately chaotic as it is; is never really settled. Thank you for the advice though Xyro, much respect brother :D

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
We do smashfests at my apartment. Next one is Saturday from 130-930. We will probably discuss a Tyler PR tournament then.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Dizzy joins TM
Dizzy joins Tyler
Dizzy joins the PR

WELP TIME TO VOTE ON A NEW PR THEME.
My personal pr opinions including dizzy:
1. Labernash
2 me
3. Minifox
4. Dizzy
5. Rave
6. Tawko
7. Psy
8. Saix
9. Lun4
10. Poppa

OMG. We actually don't look THAT free anymore.

BAI CODY lolol

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
I still think psy is better than tawko. And dizzy is good. But I dont think I have player him in A while so I can't say for sure. As for a theme, may I suggest something along the lines of cool guys and explosions?

LOE1

Smash Lord
Sooo how about all you tyler peeps come to MI for a tournament called phoenix saga 6? Im callin y guys out here, dont dissapoint me! I wanna meet all of ya and expose denti.

Make yo plans and prepared ro get timed out :)

Labernash

Smash Lord
GG's today guys. One of the most unproductive fests ever, haha! Oh well, low tier got hype. We don't usually scream like that at these things (except Cody lolololol). Too good.

Icecream- dude, if you didn't forfeit, the results would have been WAY different. Then you say "I don't care" makes you look like a dbag. Next time don't be dumb so we can get accurate results please.

Rave- Zelda too good. You're getting there. Just need some fine tuning and your princess will sparkle. The Zelda ditto MU is so stupid haha, it's like completely random chance. Also, I don't know what was going on, but your Ike was weird tonight. You need a refresher on the metagame, I feel. You chose options poorly, but made better reads. Weird, seems like you outplayed your Ike today. GGs as always.

Psy- Good stuff today. Sorry about so much Zelda. Stinks cause Falcon can't approach and Zelda forces people to approach. Very awkward, not a whole lot of tips for that. Zelda's moves just land for no reason and hurt. Your epiphany is coming soon, just gotta REALLY focus on that adapting. You know what's wrong, you'll get it! GGs and good talking with ya on the ride home.

Tawko- Dang, had no idea everyone in Tyler had viable lowtiers. Still have neglected to ACTUALLY teach you Ganon, sorry about that! :( You'd beat them if you changed like two things.

SpecialK- Dude, I was so hyped when you switched to Zelda and beat Psy! You surprised me a lot tonight, good stuff!

Lun4- Your Cody trash talk is so real hahaha! Good stuff today! You would have beaten Rave if you spaced with SH Zair more. Next time you'll get him!

Saix- Dude, your Zelda was good. You played the metagame right, and did what Zelda does just right. But not always. I think once you stop rolling for no reason and learn to pick your best options everytime, you'll be up to par with Tyler's top 5. But against Psy, there were times where you could have sealed the entire set, but rolled away from that optimal punish. Granted, you don't play Zelda, but the same thing happens with your Wolf. You just gotta know when you have an advantageous position and take advantage of it. High hopes for you, my man!

Good stuff guys, GGs to all! #4evrbestinTyler

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Psy pointed out to me I play very flowishly. I get a groove going and in kinda follow it. And nownthatbi think about bit, I do. The only time I don't play flowishly is against mk and characters I can't approach easily. I think I know what I need to do. And to do that, I need to play against people better than me. Not someone on equal or lesser skill. So Icecream and labernash, and mini if you can ever make it, I want some serious one on one practice with you guys next fest.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
wish we could have made it today, we got stuck with both grandkids while the kids went to a friend's house.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
If it can be done when the wife and I are down in Longview and can simply just drive to Tyler, I'm all for it. Can't exactly drive from Texarkana to Tyler and back without having to stay the night at my mom's house.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
okay, in order to deflect some of this Zelda MU anger that I've understood is going on ... If I run a low-tier bracket @ Fight Club, you will be character locked to Peach (with no other characters allowed). I will also reduce the cost of entry for that tournament to $1 per person.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Okay, so there's a bit of explaining to do over the venue fee increase for ETFC IV, so I will try to explain that now. The explanation is threefold, and is going to be quite long.

At the last Fight Club, I had no less than 5 - 10 people come up to me suggesting that the venue be raised from the original price of $5 to $10. A couple of days after the event, Chandra and I talked about what feedback we got from everyone, and this was by far the number one thing we received feedback on. Secondary to that was keeping brackets on time, as some brackets started way later than others (Melee being chief amongst them all).

For those interested, we have run the past three Fight Clubs (Rounds 2 - 4) at a loss of about $150 - $200 per event due to various things (what we pay to the library comes directly out of our pockets, as does the cost of snacks and drinks). Round 1 last year was done as a personal favor to me, but since then we've operated Fight Club at the aforementioned loss target. As we enter the second year of Fight Club, we are looking to keep the series going, but not incur as many expenses. I am working on this throughout the month of December in preparation for the event in January.

Thirdly, the venue increase will allow for us to establish not only a more stable schedule for future Fight Club events (and maybe moving the Fight Club to a twice-monthly format), but will also allow for us to purchase much-needed equipment, such as streaming hardware and licenses for software like XSplit along with copies of games we plan to have at Fight Club in the future.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
so, most of you will be coming to Fight Club yes? If you haven't read in the ETFGC facebook group yet, I will announce details at Fight Club as to how you can get on the hypest bus ever and make a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Evo in sunny Las Vegas!

Edit: Today I received the quote from Tri-City Charter in Longview (who a professor friend of mine uses) ... and it was $13,000 for travel time to and from Las Vegas plus Evo! We're already one step ahead on this and will be securing much cheaper alternate transportation to Evo in early 2014.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
smassssshfestssssssssss

I wanna hold a smashfest up here at my place outside Naples ... I'm sure I can get the okay from the missus and the father-in-law for it ... the $64,000 question would be what space could I have it in? There's so much land up here ...

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
hey guys,

Chandra and I completely lost our registration and tournament data a couple of days ago. I just now got finished putting everything into Challonge, and we'll be using that for our signups and bracket system from here on out. Signups for ETFC IV are live too, if you're gonna make it. Visit http://etfc.challonge.com for the tournaments, and after creating your Challonge account you'll be able to register for the Brawl and Project M tournaments.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
there is a 99.5% chance that Fight Club will not happen on the 11th. I'm just waiting on the official "you're hired" word from this job along with my first work schedule (unofficially, I have the job and filled out all the necessary forms today) before making the request to the library. This company will have me extremely busy until April/May with End of Year/Fiscal End of Year inventories, but it's money.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TEXAS! XYRO REQUIRES ASSISTANCE!!!!!

Would you guys help me think of a tournament name for my new monthly series and regional for smash 4? Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin or any other city can join in on the name ideas. If i end up picking a name that one of you created or if i create my own name from an idea that one of you created, that person will get free entry into my smash 4 series FOR LIFE (or until smash 5 is out).

I really hate to put limits on your creativity, but if you can, please think about the following when you are crafting names:

1. Dont make it SMASH related. Make it GAMING related because i will be doing more than just smash this time around (games will be determined later). Evolution, Major League Gaming, Apex, Texas Massacre are examples of non smash events that can/have held smash events along side many other games.

2. If possible, the name you come up with should be able to be an acronym as well. Remember how Houston's Official Brawl Organization was HOBO and Major League Gaming is MLG? See if you can do that when creating my monthlies series and the regional. Again, its not mandatory but it would be nice.

3. If possible, try and create a name for both the monthly and regional event but have them be slightly related. HOBO (monthly)-->WHOBO (regional). KTAR (monthly)--->SKTAR (regional). See? We just added a W (world) and S (super) to the original names and it still sounds good. I wanna try and do that again.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Wish we could make it on Thursday, we'll be neck-deep prepping for Fight Club this weekend. If anyone has USB headsets, bring them for the commentary station (we're not gonna have our normal commentary guys this time except for you guys), so I will be running all streams off either my laptop or I'll be bringing my temp station in that has OBS already installed.

LOE1

Smash Lord
wish I was creative, xyro lol

uhh...ummm...

idk

Train Wreck?

:wario:

Tyler is awesome btw :)

Top Bottom