• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tyler, TX - POWER RANKINGS UPDATE!!! #disney #minifoxislegendary

BlackAcidX

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlackAcidX
3DS FC
1332-9003-7116
So, how does one be apart of these grand events in the Tyler area? I think it's time I fought with real people and not CPUs.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Shoot yourself^

We'd LOVE to have you at our next event, BlackAcid! All you gotta do is show up at the right time, with your own controller, appropriate money to enter what you'd like to enter! A tournament thread will specify the price for the venue fee(which is always required, despite what you play, generally unless you bring a "set-up" which is a wii, TV and game.) and what it costs to enter each event.

BlackAcidX

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlackAcidX
3DS FC
1332-9003-7116
Shoot yourself^

We'd LOVE to have you at our next event, BlackAcid! All you gotta do is show up at the right time, with your own controller, appropriate money to enter what you'd like to enter! A tournament thread will specify the price for the venue fee(which is always required, despite what you play, generally unless you bring a "set-up" which is a wii, TV and game.) and what it costs to enter each event.
Ah, thanks, I'll try to see if I can join in on this.

And hello to you, fightclub.

BlackAcidX

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlackAcidX
3DS FC
1332-9003-7116
Are you a Brawl or PM Player?
I'm mainly a Melee player as of now; since I transferred all my Brawl data to my WiiU, I haven't touched the game in sometime. Since, obviously, there's no way to play it with a Gamecube controller yet.

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
Ohh a melee Player. Well. Some of us have picked up melee lately (myself included). You may very well be better than most of us

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Hey guys, its Xyro, legendary TO of the HOBO/WHOBO series and best USA Brawl Samus! Smash 4 is right around the corner and ive decided to announce our new tournament series "Texas Gaming Championships" or TGC for short. With this new series, the focus wont be solely on smash but rather many other Nintendo games as well. For now, i am offering Smash 4 on 3ds (WiiU will be added once its out), Mario Kart 8 and Pokemon X&Y but more games will be added as the series evolves.

The 1st event, The Road to TGC, is on November 1st here in Houston (Tx) at a familiar venue but will offer a combo i've never tried before. Free food and a $0 venue fee! This event is a pilot into new TGC series and i want to try many new things, TO wise, so please come on out and enjoy the new series that will bring Tx back to its former "top 4 states in the usa for smash" status.

SWF tournament page
http://smashboards.com/threads/nov-...ouston-texas-free-venue-and-free-food.366489/

Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1464546770489796

Last edited:

BlackAcidX

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlackAcidX
3DS FC
1332-9003-7116
Sounds like a fun time, I'm definitely going to try to make down there.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I'm officially out for WTX. Gotta drive my father-in-law and Stepmother to Dallas on Sunday/Monday. Have a blast for me!

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
updated ETFC VII event thread with Smash 4 rules.

Just to clarify ... if you are planning on coming to my event, we will be running on US copies of the game, not Japanese copies. Brawl will be run as a side event ONLY with $1 entry, and the pot will probably be modified for Brawl singles and teams to Winner takes all.

Edit: if enough interest is there, I will add Brawl singles/teams to the main games list for the event. After all, this will probably be the last event it'll be played at since Smash 4 for Wii U comes out a couple weeks after.

Last edited:

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
I doubt many people will wanna play brawl even with $1 entry tbh, so I wouldn't suggest running it as a main event. Your call, of course, it your event.

I'd enter if labernash and minifox don't just for free money lollll otherwise I won't cause I'd rather focus on smash 4, and I think most of the scene is also in that place.

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
updated ETFC VII event thread with Smash 4 rules.

Just to clarify ... if you are planning on coming to my event, we will be running on US copies of the game, not Japanese copies. Brawl will be run as a side event ONLY with $1 entry, and the pot will probably be modified for Brawl singles and teams to Winner takes all.

Edit: if enough interest is there, I will add Brawl singles/teams to the main games list for the event. After all, this will probably be the last event it'll be played at since Smash 4 for Wii U comes out a couple weeks after.
K. I'll be there. I guess
I just need to know I can win back my venue fee

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
if you have not noticed already, ETFC on the 1st has been cancelled (due to my job possibly starting on November 3rd). I'm waiting on the company's HR rep to call me back and confirm me for training (for those who follow my personal Facebook feed, I was in Tyler last week on Monday signing the job offer and doing pre-employment stuff). As such, we will be taking a break until the end of Q1 2015 in order to fully focus on my job. At that time, I will announce what our intentions are as it pertains to Fight Club going forward.

Edit: I start my job on Monday, November 3rd. HR confirmed it with me over the phone today, and I'll have a email later this week about what all I need to bring for then.

Last edited:

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I will give away this though. We do have dates for both January and February in mind for next event, but these events will not carry what I've done traditionally.

Instead, the missus and I are looking at a total top-to-bottom revamp of everything for both Smash and FGC players. This is also including a possible organizational name change too, but everything is still to be discussed.

Xyro77

A small Road to TGC 2 update: http://smashboards.com/threads/dec-...-2-free-food-free-venue-houston-texas.370613/

Hey guys, tonight around 2am central time, the 1st Mario Kart DLC pack will be released. TGC 2 will support the DLC for its Mario Kart 8 event so it is in your best interest to get the DLC and train on the new stages before TGC 2.

To see what you get in the DLC pack, go here: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...around_the_legend_of_zelda_x_mario_kart_8_dlc

Also, for those of you that want early practice on the final WiiU version of smash 4, GameStop is doing a smash WiiU demo from 6pm-9pm on Nov 14th. This practice, along with the 15 days of practice after the release of Smash WiiU on Nov 21st is a decent head start in preparation for TGC 2.

To see a list of locations that have the WiiU smash demo, please go here: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/SuperSmashBros_Demo/

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
^with that, gamestop in the South Broadway Wal-mart parking lot is having a midnight release and the demo. So you can play>line up>get game

Xyro77

TGC.jpg

The Road to TGC 2 is 12 days away and i have 2 very big updates to give you all.

1. The rules to The Road to TGC 2 have been updated. Stage list has been add. Event times have been change and a food break period has been added. Pikachu+Mr GW are legal in teams. Custom moves/miis/equipment are banned (temporarily). For a full rundown on what rules have changed, please go to the Road to TGC 2 thread and check it out.

2. Two brothers, Illmatic (the best American Peach in Brawl) and Kadin (the best Brawl Metaknight player at his pre-school) are going to do a $150 MM at The Road to TGC 2. Pikachu (illmatic) vs Diddy (kadin), 3/5 and customs legal. The set will be recorded and posted in every corner of the internet. Who do you think will win?

Xyro77

TGC.jpg

In 2 days The Road to TGC 2 is happening in Houston, TX. Here are some final bits of information you need to know before attending this event.

1. I am in great need of full set-ups. WiiU/Smash 4 or Mario Kart 8/TV. If you bring a full set-up, i will compensate you at the next TGC with half off venue fee or a drink coupon or something. Remember, if you want plenty of practice before/between matches, we need full set-ups. There is no other way.

2. Obeying the time slots are a MUST. I will make no exceptions this time around because i want this event to start/end on time.

Xyro arrives to set-up @ 9:00am
Registration/Practice @ 10:00am
Smash 4 1vs1 (WiiU) @ 11:30am
Smash 4 2vs2 (WiiU) @ 2:00pm
Food break @ 4:00pm (your only chance to eat without being DQed)
Mario Kart 8 (WiiU) @ 5:00pm
Leave the venue @ midnite

3. Be sure and read/be familiar with the rules to this event. Many things are different than they were at TGC 2. The more educated you are on the rules the better prepared you will be on the day of the event. The rules can be found on the tournament discussion page.

4. The weather will be in the low to mid 70s on Saturday but please bring a jacket just in case. We wouldn't want people johning about being too cold, would we?

5. Though not mandatory, it would help me out a ton if you all bring $5 and $1 bills when paying/registering for events. It speeds up registration and makes paying out players easier. Again, just a recommendation.

6. Like last time, the free food is limited to first come first served. So the earlier you get here and the earlier you get in line, the more "guaranteed" you will be to get food.

7. If you need housing before or after TGC, please contact @Sync. and or @Leaf. they will help you.

8. Finally, due to be being extremely busy today and tomorrow, i have already created the results thread for TGC 2. Please go here to further discuss this event, make predictions and check on bracket updates/results...etc. It can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-road-to-tgc-2-results-on-12-6-2014.381295/

wildcard93

Smash Rookie
so are there tournaments in tyler any more? I live in nacaogdoches and there is nothing here as far as I know.

Top Bottom