• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To "I suck at smash and it isn't fun any more in For Glory"

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
another thing that is VERY annoying is that I seem to die so easily. I mean I shadow sneak a pikachu at 100 %, he goes to the VERY edge of the map but doesn't die. however if a yoshi forward smashes me at like 70% I go very slowly to the edge of the map and still die. It's so frustrating when I should have killed but didn't.

That's called DI or vectoring

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
FALCON PUNCHH FALCON PUNCHHH lol. Side B ganondorf and bowser. Little mac everywhere.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Losing doesn't frustrate me. Lag frustrates me. A lot. Doesn't matter what kind of lag. Input lag, pausing, slow motion...it all drives me up the wall. It just feels so choppy, and I can't deal with choppy. I swap rooms and try to find someone else. Sometimes it works. Other times, I just run into someone else who lags.

I just really hope the Wii U has better online.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
Its gonna suck when the WiiU version comes out considering that I don't own one and the netcode will be so much better there that no one will bother with the 3DS version (among other things like having the Gamecube controller with WiiU). The netcode on the 3DS version is just so damn spastic its insane. Its either damn near flawless or its worse than even Brawl's worst connections, its insane. Hopefully once the WiiU version launched the 3DS version will have better stability since less people will be using those servers. Who knows

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Losing doesn't frustrate me. Lag frustrates me. A lot. Doesn't matter what kind of lag. Input lag, pausing, slow motion...it all drives me up the wall. It just feels so choppy, and I can't deal with choppy. I swap rooms and try to find someone else. Sometimes it works. Other times, I just run into someone else who lags.

I just really hope the Wii U has better online.
But the online is actually good. If you are having lag frequently, the problem is very likely in your connection. I rarely have laggy matches. Though having a wired connection in the Wii U version might help a bit.
Its gonna suck when the WiiU version comes out considering that I don't own one and the netcode will be so much better there that no one will bother with the 3DS version
Except there is no reason to believe the netcode will be any different, although the extra options for online play present in the Wii U version are a good reason to play that version over the 3DS one. Also, the statement in bold is 100% wrong. There are like 10 3DS owners for each Wii U owner out there, so people will still play Smash 3DS even after Smash Wii U is released, regardless of how much better the online is.

Last edited:

Rojo Espada

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rojo_Espada
3DS FC
4313-0371-7210
@ Rojo Espada Rojo Espada Well no doubt! How can you concentrate? Come out from under Peach's dress!

Seriously though, I think it's hard to learn anything when you're way outmatched. And as much as I love taunt parties, I get really frustrated when someone, who so obviously is a much better player, taunts after the kill. For those of us who are trying to get better and stick it out because supposedly that's how you get better, it feels...well...kinda humiliating. But I guess it's just a game.

Anyway, Rojo, I have like a 14% win ratio in For Glory. Yeah, Ima stay away from that horrid place for the most part. I'm guessing you could take me! If you want to Smash, let me know. I'm just working my way through All-Star Mode with the whole roster at all three levels. I'll be here a while. :)
Sorry for this late response.
But its so comfy under theeeeeere. All pink and junk.

I wouldn't mind have a few matches with you. Having sparing partner is always fun. We can help each other get better and whatnot. I'll add your fc and wait for your response.

Who do you main as?

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Sorry for this late response.
But its so comfy under theeeeeere. All pink and junk.

I wouldn't mind have a few matches with you. Having sparing partner is always fun. We can help each other get better and whatnot. I'll add your fc and wait for your response.

Who do you main as?
LOL. Well I suck with all chars but Lucina mainly! Yeah, you tried All Star on hard intensity yet? I am stuck on Luigi and my OCD will not let me skip a character! I'll be around a little later if you want to play. Just send me a PM whenever.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
But the online is actually good. If you are having lag frequently, the problem is very likely in your connection. I rarely have laggy matches. Though having a wired connection in the Wii U version might help a bit.
My online generally is pretty good, actually. But whenever I have even one laggy match, it just ruins the whole experience for me. And laggy matches certainly aren't rare.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Don't be disheartened! With every loss comes a step closer to victory. Don't beat yourself up for losing in Classic/All-star. It's really hard to beat them unless you have equipment.
Wait! You can use equipment in All-Star Mode?

J0A0B

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-2975-0850
I am doomed to be perhaps one of the worst Charizard players ever, my favorite to main. It's not like I don't know how to play him, because I practice with him more than any other fighter ever since the release day. The mechanics that everyone brings up should be in my head by now, such as short hops, but I just can't master them all, like the pivot grab. My win ratio is always between 55-60%. No matter how much I learn from the experts though, I can never win a match against them despite taking their advice.

I'm afraid I've reached my peak of complete depression in Smash Bros 3DS the day I finally faced a mirror match in For Glory. The opponent was from the UK I think and I only saved one replay to keep in record. It seemed rare for me to fight another Charizard and I could finally witness the strategies of another user for once. The thing is though, we were both capable of mastering some of the dos and don'ts with Charizard, and yet for every match we've had, over ten, I've lost every single one. This is the character I've been striving to master and yet I can't even beat my own self. It was as if my opponent could read most of my upcoming attacks no matter how often I mixed them up. He was capable of performing a lot of jump strategies, which are mostly unsafe for me whenever I'm in the air. We both attempt to roll away or forward constantly to confuse each other, but he often manages to strike me from behind successfully while he ends up dodging the moment I find an opening. Even my various egdeguarding doesn't always work and he ends up hitting me with the B.air, which is almost impossible for me and too risky to leave me even more vulnerable.

I've come to the conclusion that I am doomed to be absolutely predictable, and I can't even picture why from my research. There's no hope for me to improve despite having so many loses to learn from my mistakes. It makes me almost want to cry. I am lost, and I don't have anyone to guide me. As I've said before, I am doomed.

Gunslinger

Smash Apprentice
I am doomed to be perhaps one of the worst Charizard players ever, my favorite to main. It's not like I don't know how to play him, because I practice with him more than any other fighter ever since the release day. The mechanics that everyone brings up should be in my head by now, such as short hops, but I just can't master them all, like the pivot grab. My win ratio is always between 55-60%. No matter how much I learn from the experts though, I can never win a match against them despite taking their advice.

I'm afraid I've reached my peak of complete depression in Smash Bros 3DS the day I finally faced a mirror match in For Glory. The opponent was from the UK I think and I only saved one replay to keep in record. It seemed rare for me to fight another Charizard and I could finally witness the strategies of another user for once. The thing is though, we were both capable of mastering some of the dos and don'ts with Charizard, and yet for every match we've had, over ten, I've lost every single one. This is the character I've been striving to master and yet I can't even beat my own self. It was as if my opponent could read most of my upcoming attacks no matter how often I mixed them up. He was capable of performing a lot of jump strategies, which are mostly unsafe for me whenever I'm in the air. We both attempt to roll away or forward constantly to confuse each other, but he often manages to strike me from behind successfully while he ends up dodging the moment I find an opening. Even my various egdeguarding doesn't always work and he ends up hitting me with the B.air, which is almost impossible for me and too risky to leave me even more vulnerable.

I've come to the conclusion that I am doomed to be absolutely predictable, and I can't even picture why from my research. There's no hope for me to improve despite having so many loses to learn from my mistakes. It makes me almost want to cry. I am lost, and I don't have anyone to guide me. As I've said before, I am doomed.
Hey man, don't be so hard on yourself, if you have the attitude that you won't get better than you won't. Losing in a ditto should only inspire you to get better (even though I think dittos are stupid, but that's just me). Smash often becomes a game of rock, paper, scissors in predicting what your opponent is going to do and unfortunately it looks like you just got read. This is a good thing. The only way you're going to get better is by playing people who adapt to your habits and challenge you to mix it up. Based on what you've described, this player sounds like he's actually fishing for you to mix it up, so sometimes repeating the same approach/tech/recovery/etc has some use to it (once again, it's like rock, paper, scissors). If you upload the replay we can help tell you what you did right and what you did wrong. I don't play Charizard, so I'm not too educated on his options, but from what I can tell his neutral air auto cancels so you can follow it up with jabs/tilts/etc. The only way you'll get better is through practicing. Also watch some videos of Charizard tournament play to see how they recover, edgegaurd, approach, combo, etc.

Last edited:

alandaband

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1349-5943-3631
Bud, try not to get too discouraged. I know it's easier said, but losing, not winning, is the best way to learn.
I'm not a great player myself, but I'm down to have a few friendlies (I main Lucina). You can find my FC on my profile.

The mechanics that everyone brings up should be in my head by now, such as short hops, but I just can't master them all, like the pivot grab. My win ratio is always between 55-60%. No matter how much I learn from the experts though, I can never win a match against them despite taking their advice.
Head knowledge is one thing but implementing all of that knowledge is another. IIRC, even M2K struggled in the beginning of his career despite knowing strategies, frame data, etc.

IMO, playing Smash isn't just about the combos and knowing all the strategies; they're important, but mixing it up and keeping your opponents guessing is arguably even more important. Knowing the fundamentals of the game is more important than knowing all of the Advanced Tech. HBox himself said that he only mains Jiggs because his fingers can't keep up with more technical characters like Fox.

My win ratio is always between 55-60%.
And please don't pay any attention to your win ratio - it's a horrible way to measure yourself as a player. Everyone has a different learning curve. Plus, the meta for this game is nowhere near developed.

My last bits of advice: 1. don't quit playing (we would hate to lose a member of this community) and 2. don't quit playing Charizard (trainers who don't have their starters in their party make me sad).

Best of luck and don't give up!

J0A0B

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-2975-0850
Bud, try not to get too discouraged. I know it's easier said, but losing, not winning, is the best way to learn.
I'm not a great player myself, but I'm down to have a few friendlies (I main Lucina). You can find my FC on my profile.

Head knowledge is one thing but implementing all of that knowledge is another. IIRC, even M2K struggled in the beginning of his career despite knowing strategies, frame data, etc.

IMO, playing Smash isn't just about the combos and knowing all the strategies; they're important, but mixing it up and keeping your opponents guessing is arguably even more important. Knowing the fundamentals of the game is more important than knowing all of the Advanced Tech. HBox himself said that he only mains Jiggs because his fingers can't keep up with more technical characters like Fox.

And please don't pay any attention to your win ratio - it's a horrible way to measure yourself as a player. Everyone has a different learning curve. Plus, the meta for this game is nowhere near developed.

My last bits of advice: 1. don't quit playing (we would hate to lose a member of this community) and 2. don't quit playing Charizard (trainers who don't have their starters in their party make me sad).

Best of luck and don't give up!
Thank you. I kind of hate relying on combos, too. Charizard doesn't really have any to begin with, not solid ones at least. But I honestly don't know how I can learn from the Charizard that beat me ten-fold. Not unless I am face to face with the player and can get some verbal advice from how and why he resorts to certain aerials or knowing when the opponent signals the time for me to rock smash. I definitely am not able to execute my forward tilt moves properly, which could save me a lot of safety, but the C-stick is so horrible at it. Also can't down-tilt after shield when it accidentally spot dodges instead.

But that's aside the point. I wish I could find local gatherings near my city or state to get better acquainted with people who can share their experience with the game mechanics during a spar. Especially in mirror matches.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Hey man, don't be so hard on yourself, if you have the attitude that you won't get better than you won't. Losing in a ditto should only inspire you to get better (even though I think dittos are stupid, but tha. Smash often becomes a game of rock, paper, scissors in predicting what your opponent is going to do and unfortunately it looks like you just got read. This is a good thing. The only way you're going to get better is by playing people who adapt to your habits and challenge you to mix it up. Based on what you've described, this player sounds like he's actually fishing for you to mix it up, so sometimes repeating the same approach/tech/recovery/etc has some use to it (once again, it's like rock, paper, scissors). If you upload the replay we can help tell you what you did right and what you did wrong. I don't play Charizard, so I'm not too educated on his options, but from what I can tell his neutral air auto cancels so you can follow it up with jabs/tilts/etc. The only way you'll get better is through practicing. Also watch some videos of Charizard tournament play to see how they recover, edgegaurd, approach, combo, etc.
And....if you are like me....watch them in slow mo to figure out what buttons they are pushing. Yeah, otherwise it's just too fast for me!

Dantesdeception

Smash Rookie
Against kirby/jigglypuff: try to remain in the middle of the field. Stick to the ground, mostly. Use your long range to space them out. A tipping forward smash with marth is enough to kill them at very low percent

Against greninja: jump. Keep in mind that he cannot not use shuriken when it's charging, so you know when it's coming.

Against ganondorf: his side B can be teched. Do that. After, you can punish him

Bowser: use a char with ranged attacks. Bowser can do little against that. Counter also works. Just, make sure he doesnt commit bowsercide with his side B. Keep in mind that both players can control it, but the player with the lowest percentage the most.

Megaman: also jump. Get close to him. His ranged attacks aren't that strong, just annoying. Be careful for the smash though.

Little mac: never approach him. Always stick to the sides. Remain there and let him approach. Counter his approaches and just grab, a lot. Grab,and throw him off stage. Follow up with a single spiking dAir and he's dead. Little mac shouldn't be hard for a marth/lucina.
Thank you very much. I've gotten a lot of burn for complaining,but not a lot of help. Thanks!

Dantesdeception

Smash Rookie
In Sm4sh counters are buffed and are now good as kill moves. You should ONLY use counters when you know for sure the counter will hit and kill them. It really is a shame that there are so many :4megaman:,:4ganondorf:,and :4greninja:who fail to use them effectively and just spam the same stuff that stops working once you figure out how to deal with it,there are so many better ways to use these three characters, but nobody cares about actually being good at the game,they care more about just winning. For :4kirby:and:4jigglypuff: aerials are their best thing,but unfortunately all the :4kirby:players I have gone against constantly spam dash attack and up-b which it not that useful. :4bowser:has never given me too much trouble, I have probably only gone against one bowsercider, I only bowsercide when my opponent does something to piss me off like use an annoying character. :4littlemac:is cheap and boring to fight, nuff said.
Counters you say? Thanks .o.

Treehugger

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-6020-2201
For the past week I've been running into people who know their stuff. Patience, spacing, combos, countering, knowing which move to use and when, etc. It's difficult to tell if I'm getting better or worse and I don't even know where to begin with research. Thoughts during a match go from "Hey, matches with skillful players can be a learning experience!" to "I'm getting destroyed by these people... what am I doing with my life?"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My win rate is 45%. Doesn't feel like it. I guess I remember my losses better then my victories. I've had some good times on For Glory, but I still don't feel comfortable seeing my score underneath 50%.

...Anywho, I've been experiencing a lot less lag lately. I wonder if it's the hidden skill-based matchmaker taking effect and filtering out the bad players or the time of day or what.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Oh crap, I dislike For Glory. No items, Mac only, Final Destination sucks. I can't play Ness with the stupid lag, doesn't let me do pivot PK Fire, riing aerial and it messes up PK thunder recovery ( it feels like Smash 64 and PK thunder it that game is GARBAGE) I absolutely despise rolls and dash attacks and I despise Yoshi Little Mac. Maybe lack of training, I am a loner, I have no neighbors, somebody add me to friend list to spar.

CoolPalMitch

Smash Cadet
NNID
mitchgamelover
I recently just had a moment like this, I was in a Ness ditto just a few minutes ago, and I lost 5 times in a row. I genuinely did not understand what I was doing wrong. Whenever anything happened, it was always in the other guy's favor. Everything just sort of fell into place for him. I want to get better with the characters I like, but you can't fix something if you don't know why it's broken.

I also in general just hate going up against people who I swear just instinctively know everything I'm going to do and when I'm going to do it. Getting bodied by people that are practically psychic always demoralizes me because it feels like you HAVE to be like that in order to be considered good. I really hate getting frustrated all the time from being beaten and not knowing WHY I was beaten.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I recently just had a moment like this, I was in a Ness ditto just a few minutes ago, and I lost 5 times in a row. I genuinely did not understand what I was doing wrong. Whenever anything happened, it was always in the other guy's favor. Everything just sort of fell into place for him. I want to get better with the characters I like, but you can't fix something if you don't know why it's broken.

I also in general just hate going up against people who I swear just instinctively know everything I'm going to do and when I'm going to do it. Getting bodied by people that are practically psychic always demoralizes me because it feels like you HAVE to be like that in order to be considered good. I really hate getting frustrated all the time from being beaten and not knowing WHY I was beaten.
You weren't playing a Ness Ditto. You were playing Ness himself.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I do notice things like lag in For Glory, especially with precision characters like Robin.

If I have a bad or laggy match, I quit. Frustration avoided.

Instead of complaining about losses, make a ways for a victory. In other words:
'Don't curse the darkness, light a candle!'

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
This is where the term "git gud" applies in a meaningful way. I mean this in a positive way.

Smash is a game. Games have rules and strategies. This one in particular is very competitive due to it being a fighting game. Your skill and character knowledge is the most important thing. You're getting beat a lot? This simply means that those other players have put more time into the game than you have. Lets say you start to play tennis and decide to take a class. What will the teacher do? He'll teach you strategies. He'll teach you proper technique. During his teachings, he'll make you apply what he thought you by making you go up against other players in class or even himself.

Now apply this logic to the game. Teachers? There are lots of guides you can find about your main character that will teach you what mindset you should have when playing a character (offensive, defensive, brawler, zoner, etc). You can also watch videos of your character and take notes. Practice? There's a training mode in game. You can set your opponent to be immobile or have an AI, have him just walk, jump or roll around. Use these things to practice your anti-airs, your roll punishing, the range of your moves, your combos. Going into training mode often is what will allow you to progress. Do you know what's even better than training mode? Finding a training buddy. Set the game to unlimited and train with him. Have him do specific situations to you to practice your punishes or mixups and in return do the same for him. Training mode has limited functionality so having a training buddy is the best thing to try out more situational setups.

Will you get good in a week? Probably not but you'll be better than you were a week ago and next week you'll be even better.

Jdawg9876

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jdawg9876
3DS FC
4399-1836-0019
Will you get good in a week? Probably not but you'll be better than you were a week ago and next week you'll be even better.
Pretty motivational *thumbs up*

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Question: Who is Al anyway? This is mentioned all the time as well as other Smash jargon. It can be pretty discouraging trying to read up on characters when you don't know what every other word means. I imagine extremely new players could be kind of embarrassed to ask simple questions. But I get what you're saying. If you want to improve, you have to do the research, put in the time and take those ass kickings. Is this close? But really, what does "Al" stand for?

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
Question: Who is Al anyway? This is mentioned all the time as well as other Smash jargon. It can be pretty discouraging trying to read up on characters when you don't know what every other word means. I imagine extremely new players could be kind of embarrassed to ask simple questions. But I get what you're saying. If you want to improve, you have to do the research, put in the time and take those *** kickings. Is this close? But really, what does "Al" stand for?
AI = Artificial Intelligence
he is talking about going into training mode and letting the computer fight you, or just do one of the other simple actions, now training with the computer is not really the best way to get better, since they have inhuman reactions againts your attacks and sometimes can be very predictable or not even punish you when they should, like lets say they blocked your attack perfectly, instead of grabbing you to punish your approach they just stand there and do nothing,

though to be on topic, i have felt like this a lot myself, i am finding out that my worst match ups, regardless of which character i am, is a skilled Link and Ness, other times just because i get arrogant and fight like Mac vs Mac which can be very one sided, or just frustrating sometimes, but Ness just really grinds my gears, i just cant find a way to beat him

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
For the past week I've been running into people who know their stuff. Patience, spacing, combos, countering, knowing which move to use and when, etc. It's difficult to tell if I'm getting better or worse and I don't even know where to begin with research. Thoughts during a match go from "Hey, matches with skillful players can be a learning experience!" to "I'm getting destroyed by these people... what am I doing with my life?"
There are some players
I do notice things like lag in For Glory, especially with precision characters like Robin.

If I have a bad or laggy match, I quit. Frustration avoided.

Instead of complaining about losses, make a ways for a victory. In other words:
'Don't curse the darkness, light a candle!'
Yeah Marth is my main and he is probably like the definition of "precision character", in lag or against a player who rolls a lot it is difficult to try landing tipper f smash for a kill. I wish the air dodges were like in Melee and Project M where is puts you in a free fall, so it can easily be punished if predicted and only used once.

Shin Chie

Smash Apprentice
One thing about me, it seems no matter what I lose lol. (I have a 18% win rate ;~;) Like seriously though, even if I practice a lot with my mains (MegaMan, Sheik, Marth, Lucina) I usually lose lol. Sometimes though, it can be frustrating.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
One thing about me, it seems no matter what I lose lol. (I have a 18% win rate ;~;) Like seriously though, even if I practice a lot with my mains (MegaMan, Sheik, Marth, Lucina) I usually lose lol. Sometimes though, it can be frustrating.
I blame it on lag... And stupid mistakes... Y'know those few mistakes where you recover away from the stage. Mostly lag, though...

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Just lost three in a row due to horrid lag - got punched off the edge at 0% because my controller had about a half-second lag, then the jump button didn't respond until I was too far gone. Other two games I had about a half second lag. Getting really frustrated with losing because of lag.

TheGreatShal

Smash Cadet
I've been having terrible luck in For Glory. Bowser is my main, but when I play him I never feel like I'm using him to my full potential.

:4bowser:: I quit using Little Mac to use Bowser. I love bowser, I think he's great, but man am I awful. I have a bad tendency to spam down a and down b, but I always overestimate the recovery time and then get pummeled. But my worst problem among other things is with his recovery. It's decent I guess, but after I use it I'm a sitting duck, as he doesn't fall down in time before I can get away from an attack. I lost 10 times in a row to a guy playing sonic because I feel so slow, lol. Any tips would be great.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I have a solid win/loss record but I feel like most (though not nearly all) of my losses have come from trying to play against elementary strategies in connections that aren't very lenient. It discourages me from competing in FG since I go toe-to-toe with players that seem to have enjoyable, rivaling fundamentals that keep me guessing. Whereas everything can go to **** even if reading my opponent takes nothing more than guessing two or three options (especially if rolling is among them) at any given time in a connection that doesn't allow me execute or react as precisely.

It only happens so often but it agitates me and makes me feel like my training is completely pointless sometimes.

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
elementary strategies
If I hung out in FG, I would swear you're talking about me. LOL! But me with my, ahem 14% win ration, stays away from there. But hey! I think your training is paying off quite well! I enjoy it immensely! :teeth: Btw, I figured out how to turn items off. :awesome:

Also, I was wondering if you could help me sometime with my "strategies". Dash in, get smashed isn't working out so well for me! Oh, and your Shulk is coming along nicely. Couldn't get close for the most part except with that firebar and conveniently placed table!

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
I've been having terrible luck in For Glory. Bowser is my main, but when I play him I never feel like I'm using him to my full potential.

:4bowser:: I quit using Little Mac to use Bowser. I love bowser, I think he's great, but man am I awful. I have a bad tendency to spam down a and down b, but I always overestimate the recovery time and then get pummeled. But my worst problem among other things is with his recovery. It's decent I guess, but after I use it I'm a sitting duck, as he doesn't fall down in time before I can get away from an attack. I lost 10 times in a row to a guy playing sonic because I feel so slow, lol. Any tips would be great.
Resist the urge to press the down button in the air. EVER. Also if you don't, mash B while using Whirling Fortresss to recover, and use U-B out of shield if they poorly space a move, that's a free 11% there..

Last edited:
Top Bottom