• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So appareently Zantetsugun Zantetsugun wanted a camera on my island so that he could express himself
There was a problem fetching the tweet
And do you know what he took a picture of?
A bird. And he called it overconfidence.
Amzing.

@Feelicks Welcome to the Robin Social.

Attachments

D

Deleted member

Welcome aboard, @Hatate.

I'm a Pika and I drop by occasionally. Don't see the harm.

Also, your avi is adorable. Excellent taste.
Thanks a ton, man. The Ice Climbers are awesome. <3

Also nice to see another Melee Pika player. I don't see many of those around the forum oddly.

You're gonna do great here. We need people like you in this world.
Of course there needs to be more people in this world. I eat floor ice cream and fight for my friends. :4pit:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Also nice to see another Melee Pika player. I don't see many of those around the forum oddly.

Of course there needs to be more people in this world. I eat floor ice cream and fight for my friends. :4pit:
You're my new Internet brother alongside Devil May Plop Devil May Plop . He'll love what you provide here

D

Deleted member

TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 , do you play Project M online? I've actually been trying to get the hang of Pit in PM and it'd be cool if I had someone to train with.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Calling me a Melee Pika player might be a bit of a stretch; I'm more like a Melee Pika sandbag. The little green hat is just awesome though.

I feel like there's a lack of other Melee Pikas due to this tendency Pika has to get rolled like little yellow sushi. Me, I'm just used to it, so I represent regardless.

D

Deleted member

Calling me a Melee Pika player might be a bit of a stretch; I'm more like a Melee Pika sandbag. The little green hat is just awesome though.

I feel like there's a lack of other Melee Pikas due to this tendency Pika has to get rolled like little yellow sushi. Me, I'm just used to it, so I represent regardless.
Melee Pika is the worst of all the PIkachus in Smash, but he's still quite good as Axe has shown. Smash 4 PIka for life tho'.

Only Smash 4 Pit, can't play Project M Pit(moveset is weird to me)
Gotcha there. PM Pit's moveset is kinda weird for those who play him in Brawl/4, especially with gliding being moved to his side-B along with his new up special. I could use some work on my Sm4sh Pit, the nerfs from Brawl kinda turned me off him for a while despite how much I love the character and Uprising as a whole.

@Feelicks Hai, welcome, and thanks for the follow!
No probs, mate!

D

Deleted member

Getting a Thunderspike is quite literally the most satisfying thing in the whole world. I used him in a tournament a couple days ago in order to counter my opponent who mained Captain Falcon. 2-0'd him in both of our matches.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Melee Pika is the worst of all the PIkachus in Smash, but he's still quite good as Axe has shown. Smash 4 PIka for life tho'.

Gotcha there. PM Pit's moveset is kinda weird for those who play him in Brawl/4, especially with gliding being moved to his side-B along with his new up special. I could use some work on my Sm4sh Pit, the nerfs from Brawl kinda turned me off him for a while despite how much I love the character and Uprising as a whole.

No probs, mate!
I almost, but not quite, forgot something.
INITIATION!

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
I don't even play Robin all that often but can I get on in this thread pls
YOU HAVE TO LOVE FIRE EMBLEM AND ROBIN TO POST HERE!!!!!

Is what I would say if that were true. 3 out of 5 posters here Don't use Robin, or use him on a serious level.We're probably the most inconsistent social thread with the posters mains wise other than the Zelda social

On that note however, hi, and welcome!

Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
YOU HAVE TO LOVE FIRE EMBLEM AND ROBIN TO POST HERE!!!!!

Is what I would say if that were true. 3 out of 5 posters here Don't use Robin, or use him on a serious level.We're probably the most inconsistent social thread with the posters mains wise other than the Zelda social

On that note however, hi, and welcome!
I'm only here because every other social is dormant

Hong

The Strongest
I am having the hardest time with Path of Radiance chapter 12 for some reason. I know I'm on RNGesus' bad side, but man...
Two approaches to this chapter.

1) Steel curtain. None of them have ranged attacks, so if you have enough tough melee units, you can make a wall around your squishy characters and leave them no surface area to land attacks. Someone strong like Ike can leave the formation as needed. My memory is foggy, but Jill has to talk to him to recruit her, right? So it's good if you can accommodate this.

2) The other strategy is a general Fire Emblem practice, and it's to deliberately leave units within range of someone who will hit them back really hard with a counterattack. There is no way you should be getting overwhelmed with this chapter if they are all going after someone tough. Soren and Rolf (if you raised him)

With either of these strategies, they work even better if you raised Marcia or something. A flying unit can meet the Laguz in the skies, buying you time if you find them to be too numerable. Just be careful to not allow your flying units to kill the boss too early; reinforcements will come until turn 13, so if you rout the enemy before then you'll lose out on EXP.

A shame Astrid doesn't join you until next chapter. This would have been great training for her. :)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

No probs, mate!
I could help you get back to Pit, since I need to kill some time for the Hell in a Cell ppv

D

Deleted member

I remember you from the Wolf thread.

You made a good choice coming here so have a good time.
You remembered me precisely. I am indeed that guy. :wolf:

Thanks though, man. This seems like a nice place!

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Two approaches to this chapter.

1) Steel curtain. None of them have ranged attacks, so if you have enough tough melee units, you can make a wall around your squishy characters and leave them no surface area to land attacks. Someone strong like Ike can leave the formation as needed. My memory is foggy, but Jill has to talk to him to recruit her, right? So it's good if you can accommodate this.

2) The other strategy is a general Fire Emblem practice, and it's to deliberately leave units within range of someone who will hit them back really hard with a counterattack. There is no way you should be getting overwhelmed with this chapter if they are all going after someone tough. Soren and Rolf (if you raised him)

With either of these strategies, they work even better if you raised Marcia or something. A flying unit can meet the Laguz in the skies, buying you time if you find them to be too numerable. Just be careful to not allow your flying units to kill the boss too early; reinforcements will come until turn 13, so if you rout the enemy before then you'll lose out on EXP.

A shame Astrid doesn't join you until next chapter. This would have been great training for her. :)
I like what I'm seeing here. I'll be putting them to good use for sure!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
My memory is foggy, but Jill has to talk to him to recruit her, right? So it's good if you can accommodate this.
She shows up on turn 2, and takes about 2-3 turns to reach the bottom end of the boat, so either leave Ike there and she'll go and talk to him (possibly also give Ike the Laguzslayer from the previous chapter, though I usually feel like he does enough damage without it), or have Ike talk to her once she's in his range.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Goku: I AM A SUPER SANDWICH!
*Punch*
Freeza: Prick!
Goku: Uh-oh spaghetti-o- *Boom*
Kami: King Kai, we have the things.
King Kai: DO THE THING!
Somebody hasn't seen DBZ Abridged! Educate yourself mah boi!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6EC7B047181AD013
Dragonball Super picking up steam now. Kinda diverts from the films again, now that Vegeta is the first one to go train with Whis while not letting Goku know. He may become the first Super Saiyan Blue in this series.

Next episode looks to be fun too. Time skip. Baby Pan. Great Saiyaman. Police officer Krillin. Goku barging in on Bulma just as she exits the shower. Chi-Chi and Gohan thinking Goku's cheating with Bulma. Y'know, Dragonball stuff.
Sounds awesome! I need to get caught back up, I fell behind after Episode 9 due to college work, bleh.

Target has their reservation cards all set up for Fates.

I hope everyone here makes the right decision and sides with Nohr.

The time of destiny is almost upon us!

Hong

The Strongest
She shows up on turn 2, and takes about 2-3 turns to reach the bottom end of the boat, so either leave Ike there and she'll go and talk to him (possibly also give Ike the Laguzslayer from the previous chapter, though I usually feel like he does enough damage without it), or have Ike talk to her once she's in his range.
Yeah. I try to be concise with Ike at this point since he's probably well in his teens.

I won't spoil anything for Devil May Plop Devil May Plop , but Ike won't be promoting until events after chapter 17 is concluded, so try to pace his XP for that. I always end up overkilling Ike and end up having to keep him away from the enemy.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dragonball Super picking up steam now. Kinda diverts from the films again, now that Vegeta is the first one to go train with Whis while not letting Goku know. He may become the first Super Saiyan Blue in this series.

Next episode looks to be fun too. Time skip. Baby Pan. Great Saiyaman. Police officer Krillin. Goku barging in on Bulma just as she exits the shower. Chi-Chi and Gohan thinking Goku's cheating with Bulma. Y'know, Dragonball stuff.
Gonna wait for that instead

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
So appareently Zantetsugun Zantetsugun wanted a camera on my island so that he could express himself

And do you know what he took a picture of?
A bird. And he called it overconfidence.
Amzing.
:4feroy: "I JUST NEED TO BE ME!!!!!!!!!!" :4greninja:
Professional bird photographer coming thru! :018:

Oh, and welcome @Feelicks to the greatest social thread on Smashboards!

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
An accurate depiction of @Kotor and his excitement for the new FE games:

Replace sandwich with the new games.
I'm only here because every other social isn't really a social.
Fixed.
I'm curious, do the older FE games give any indication to have X talk to Y to obtain Z or do you have to figure it out on your own?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Yeah. I try to be concise with Ike at this point since he's probably well in his teens.

I won't spoil anything for Devil May Plop Devil May Plop , but Ike won't be promoting until events after chapter 17 is concluded, so try to pace his XP for that. I always end up overkilling Ike and end up having to keep him away from the enemy.
I've actually finished the game, but it's been a while, so you're probably good on the spoiler department.
That being said, I jacked up somewhere and now Ike is level 18, so he'll be bored for a little, I think.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So now some of my matches with Yaki Yaki TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 and SkarmNightmare (Brett) SkarmNightmare (Brett) are now uploaded.
I'll just leave some here for those who are interested.
In the last match I almost made a comeback. But not quite.
Also Yaki Yaki took a picture in Tomodachi Life and it's also a bird. What's the picture called?
10/10

Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
So now some of my matches with Yaki Yaki TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 and SkarmNightmare (Brett) SkarmNightmare (Brett) are now uploaded.
I'll just leave some here for those who are interested.
Also Yaki Yaki took a picture in Tomodachi Life and it's also a bird. What's the picture called?
10/10
I like how my one Ike win occured when my wifi was agreeing with me the most

Top Bottom