• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I find it funny that my Wrys is only slightly worse than my Lena and I'm planning to use him to defeat Gharnef once i get to that chapter for now I'm using him to wall Gharnef out in chapter 15

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm curious, do the older FE games give any indication to have X talk to Y to obtain Z or do you have to figure it out on your own?
The first few games give you basically nothing. Genealogy of the Holy War is the first to give you any hints in that department (and even it has more than its fair share of stuff you won't find without prior knowledge). The first three games give you no clue that talking to enemies to recruit them is even an option (probably in the manual, which most westerners won't ever get to read).

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Sadly my Wii U disconnected from the internet during one of my uploads so I don't feel like upload the rest of them.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Who dares disturbs my PPV night. This better be a good one!
Moving on, yo Kotor Kotor have you seen this/did you make this?

I couldn't agree more. Seriously, why would someone even think of spending the rest of their days in the barren lands of Hoshido, when they can surround themselves in Nohr's bountiful harvests. The choice is obvious is it not, Zantetsugun Zantetsugun ?

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
So I was playing 2v2 FG with my best friend @Izayoi today. We ran into a Robin and a Lucina. The first few matches were serious but after the 3rd game we ended up having a T-bag party and just completely fooling around for the entire two minutes.

It just further proves my point that Robin mains are really chill and awesome. You guys have all my respect.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I was going to share a video my old high school friend made about Robin in Smash... but then he decided to drop the f-bomb in his match against Mega Man. Thanks, NintendoPoptart!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

I couldn't agree more. Seriously, why would someone even think of spending the rest of their days in the barren lands of Hoshido, when they can surround themselves in Nohr's bountiful harvests. The choice is obvious is it not, Zantetsugun Zantetsugun ?
Agreed my Nohrian companion! My choice has never wavered, not even for a moment! I stand firm beside my true family and kingdom! TOGETHER WE SHALL RIDE TO VICTORY!

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
The first few games give you basically nothing. Genealogy of the Holy War is the first to give you any hints in that department (and even it has more than its fair share of stuff you won't find without prior knowledge). The first three games give you no clue that talking to enemies to recruit them is even an option (probably in the manual, which most westerners won't ever get to read).
I presume this also applies to getting bonus items and extra chapters, correct? Also, did Shadow Dragon and MotE alleviate the lack of indicators that were in the originals?

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Agreed my Nohrian companion! My choice has never wavered, not even for a moment! I stand firm beside my true family and kingdom! TOGETHER WE SHALL RIDE TO VICTORY!

Come, Zantetsugun! Let us convert these lost followers of Hoshido into the path of the true light!
Let us begin with the Nohr national anthem!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I presume this also applies to getting bonus items and extra chapters, correct?
Yup, for example FE1 as I recall it gives no indication that you need to find the Star and Light spheres and have Marth bring them both to a specific village in some chapter to get the Starlight (which is required to get Falchion) - unless I missed a village or something. Gaiden chapters are usually fairly well-hidden in the games that have them - Awakening and Fates having them literally be presented to you on the world map are the exceptions. The objectives to get them aren't outright stated, but you might get vague hints such as "we need to beat the enemy before they escape with <powerful item>", which would mean beating the chapter within 15 turns or so to get the gaiden chapter/powerful item.

Also, did Shadow Dragon and MotE alleviate the lack of indicators that were in the originals?
I don't remember if Shadow Dragon did, but New Mystery definitely fixed it, with base conversations that provided hints similar to those in PoR/RD.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Come, Zantetsugun! Let us convert these lost followers of Hoshido into the path of the true light!
We shall conquer them all, and show them the true path of righteousness!

And now a tribute to the Royal Nohrian Siblings!

*GASP*

Who is spreading these lies?! Tell me, for I shall smite them with THY LEVIN SWORD!!!!!!

:135:
These are no lies, boy! I speak only truth! And you cannot smite me with my own Levin Sword, for it is at the smithies for repairs. Nohrian smiths are the best in the business in fact!

"And now for something completely relevant (isn't that a shock)!"

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Too bad Nohr gets screwed over by having zero Myrmidons/and forgetting that defending forces tend to get the upper hand in wars :^^^^^)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Oh boy, one of Tanith's reinforcements just decided to try and fight Ashnard
this ain't gonna end well...

edit: Yup, she died. Luckily Ashnard decided to stay put so it's okay

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I fee as though I need to reconsider my life choices

I mean for one I TOTALLY botched the hair

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
View attachment 79974
"Come with me, my child. For I shall save you."
NEVER!!!!! YOU SHALL NEVER JOIN YOU! *Raises Levin Sword*

Beautiful
*plays John Cena's theme*

These are no lies, boy! I speak only truth! And you cannot smite me with my own Levin Sword, for it is at the smithies for repairs. Nohrian smiths are the best in the business in fact!

Fine. I don't need my Levin sword to smite you. *pulls out Fierce Deity Mask*

I SHALL EXPOSE YOU FOR THE LIES THAT YOU ARE!!!!

Aqua Theme Nohr version...that is all
Aqua's Brave version. That is all

:135:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4

AND HIS NAME IS CAPTAIN CENA!!!!!:135:
AND HIS NAME IS COHN JENA!!

We shall conquer them all, and show them the true path of righteousness!

And now a tribute to the Royal Nohrian Siblings!

Dem's some nice looking art.

Oh boy, one of Tanith's reinforcements just decided to try and fight Ashnard
this ain't gonna end well...

edit: Yup, she died. Luckily Ashnard decided to stay put so it's okay
Here's what I have to say about that.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Toby Fox's music is making me want to buy Undertale, and I'm poor!

Send help!
Yup, for example FE1 as I recall it gives no indication that you need to find the Star and Light spheres and have Marth bring them both to a specific village in some chapter to get the Starlight (which is required to get Falchion) - unless I missed a village or something. Gaiden chapters are usually fairly well-hidden in the games that have them - Awakening and Fates having them literally be presented to you on the world map are the exceptions. The objectives to get them aren't outright stated, but you might get vague hints such as "we need to beat the enemy before they escape with <powerful item>", which would mean beating the chapter within 15 turns or so to get the gaiden chapter/powerful item.

I don't remember if Shadow Dragon did, but New Mystery definitely fixed it, with base conversations that provided hints similar to those in PoR/RD.
Ah, alright then. Good to know they managed to fix that. That vagueness in unlocking stuff in the older FEs is one of the things that has put me off from playing them in the past. I do plan on playing the GBA games at some point, though.

On a side note, Ike's face on your avatar puts a grin on my face for some reason. Almost looks like he has a grim expression.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
NEVER!!!!! YOU SHALL NEVER JOIN YOU! *Raises Levin Sword*

Go on and continue to believe in the lies of that Queen. Your ignorance shall be your downfall.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

You do not understand the glory of Nohr! To face us is certain death! But it does not need to be so, for ours is a kind and forgiving king! He accepts all into his kingdom without hatred our prejudice, no matter who they are, what they believe, or where they come from! Saint Garon welcomes all with open arms! Only those who refuse reason, and seek only chaos, war, and evil are permitted no mercy! Yet even they are given one last chance to repent, offered personally by our great king! We trust our king as he trusts us, and that is why our bonds of friendship and camaraderie are unbreakable! YOU WILL FIND NO LIES HERE!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
FE9-2015-10-26-01h46m28s802.png

Records:
5th - Jill
4th - Marcia
3rd - Mia
2nd - Ike
1st - Oscar

Next up, the adventures of the Fail Brigade

Ah, alright then. Good to know they managed to fix that. That vagueness in unlocking stuff in the older FEs is one of the things that has put me off from playing them in the past. I do plan on playing the GBA games at some point, though.
I would still recommend Genealogy of the Holy War, though. The important items are fairly straightforward, as well as recruiting characters (except for one tricky one near the start), and the really well-hidden stuff you can get by without (if you want them, just look them up on Serenes Forest or wherever).

Last edited:
Top Bottom