• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Yup, for example FE1 as I recall it gives no indication that you need to find the Star and Light spheres and have Marth bring them both to a specific village in some chapter to get the Starlight (which is required to get Falchion) - unless I missed a village or something. Gaiden chapters are usually fairly well-hidden in the games that have them - Awakening and Fates having them literally be presented to you on the world map are the exceptions. The objectives to get them aren't outright stated, but you might get vague hints such as "we need to beat the enemy before they escape with <powerful item>", which would mean beating the chapter within 15 turns or so to get the gaiden chapter/powerful item.

I don't remember if Shadow Dragon did, but New Mystery definitely fixed it, with base conversations that provided hints similar to those in PoR/RD.
Can confirm, Shadow Dragon clearly states you need the spheres to get Starlight. That said, you need to go the village yourself. Gotoh WILL scold you if you fail to bring him the orbs. But, he magically changes game mechanics so you can hurt Gharnef without them. :p Also, if Tiki and Falcion are both out of your grasp, you get a Gaiden chapter... And you can exploit things to get two Falcions. :3

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So I've recently found out something about Tales of Zestiria that's REALLY annoying...

Unlike other Tales of games, where when you go into battle, you're dumped on a specific battle stage, in Zestiria, you engage on the game map itself and there's a small arena partitioned for your use. Most times this isn't a problem, except when it is in narrow corridors and the camera has a tendency to get shoved up against the wall and then look down at the floor right beneath it.Like the dungeon I'm going through right? I spend half the fights looking at the legs of my target and the floor. And it's so far only this one dungeon that is particularly egregious in this regard... Everything else has had some decently wide open spaces to fight in.

It's still pretty much a really fun game otherwise.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Toby Fox's music is making me want to buy Undertale, and I'm poor!

Send help!
Ah, alright then. Good to know they managed to fix that. That vagueness in unlocking stuff in the older FEs is one of the things that has put me off from playing them in the past. I do plan on playing the GBA games at some point, though.

On a side note, Ike's face on your avatar puts a grin on my face for some reason. Almost looks like he has a grim expression.
10 dollars
10 dollars for a bucket of feels and, as a LoL player and smash commentator would say "Gambino's new mixtape" BECAUSE THIS SOUND TRACK IS FIRE
LIKE SERIOUSLY

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
10 dollars for a bucket of feels and, as a LoL player and smash commentator would say "Gambino's new mixtape" BECAUSE THIS SOUND TRACK IS FIRE
LIKE SERIOUSLY
are we going to post undertale music?
k
*goes to find a not spoileriffic song*
blessed be @elusiveTranscendent for extending this masterpiece of a soundtrack

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Yup, for example FE1 as I recall it gives no indication that you need to find the Star and Light spheres and have Marth bring them both to a specific village in some chapter to get the Starlight (which is required to get Falchion) - unless I missed a village or something. Gaiden chapters are usually fairly well-hidden in the games that have them - Awakening and Fates having them literally be presented to you on the world map are the exceptions. The objectives to get them aren't outright stated, but you might get vague hints such as "we need to beat the enemy before they escape with <powerful item>", which would mean beating the chapter within 15 turns or so to get the gaiden chapter/powerful item.

I don't remember if Shadow Dragon did, but New Mystery definitely fixed it, with base conversations that provided hints similar to those in PoR/RD.
I just finished chapter 15 (after Walling Gharnef with Wrys)
Gotoh tells Marth that he needs to find him in Macedon with both of the Spheres. I also know in the chapter you get Starlight, Michalis goes to Gotoh in the Village where Marth gets Starlight, so in shadow dragon at least its not that obtuse to get Starlight.

btw I'm planning to have Wrys wield Starlight in my H5 Playthrough he is noticeably less magical than Lena but he has more Resistance which is far more valuable seeing as there is no way any of my mages AREN'T getting doubled by that 24 Speed Freak

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Go on and continue to believe in the lies of that Queen. Your ignorance shall be your downfall.
Who said I believed in the Queen?

And your trust in this false saint shall be yours!

You do not understand the glory of Nohr! To face us is certain death! But it does not need to be so, for ours is a kind and forgiving king! He accepts all into his kingdom without hatred our prejudice, no matter who they are, what they believe, or where they come from! Saint Garon welcomes all with open arms! Only those who refuse reason, and seek only chaos, war, and evil are permitted no mercy! Yet even they are given one last chance to repent, offered personally by our great king! We trust our king as he trusts us, and that is why our bonds of friendship and camaraderie are unbreakable! YOU WILL FIND NO LIES HERE!
hehehe

You can not fool me. I know of your lies. I know your type. However, I don't wish to go to war, so I shall judge you until you the time has come for your Kingdom to be judge. For now, you are pardon. However, if I shall ever that you place one hair out of order, it shall be war. Unless you pay the right price, of course.

:135:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Someone please stop Hector and Lyn and Nino.

He's a Level 4 Great Lord with 20 Speed and capped Resistance. Lyn's a Level 8 Blade Lord with capped Strength, 26 Skill and Speed, 15 Defense, and 18 Res. Nino's every stat is above 25 except for Defense which is 15

I don't think I can contain them. Send backup.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

You do not understand the glory of Nohr! To face us is certain death! But it does not need to be so, for ours is a kind and forgiving king! He accepts all into his kingdom without hatred our prejudice, no matter who they are, what they believe, or where they come from! Saint Garon welcomes all with open arms! Only those who refuse reason, and seek only chaos, war, and evil are permitted no mercy! Yet even they are given one last chance to repent, offered personally by our great king! We trust our king as he trusts us, and that is why our bonds of friendship and camaraderie are unbreakable! YOU WILL FIND NO LIES HERE!
FOREVER NOHR

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
So I've recently found out something about Tales of Zestiria that's REALLY annoying...

Unlike other Tales of games, where when you go into battle, you're dumped on a specific battle stage, in Zestiria, you engage on the game map itself and there's a small arena partitioned for your use. Most times this isn't a problem, except when it is in narrow corridors and the camera has a tendency to get shoved up against the wall and then look down at the floor right beneath it.Like the dungeon I'm going through right? I spend half the fights looking at the legs of my target and the floor. And it's so far only this one dungeon that is particularly egregious in this regard... Everything else has had some decently wide open spaces to fight in.

It's still pretty much a really fun game otherwise.
I once spent half a boss battle like that. I was actually pretty impressed with myself for that. But yeah, I'm having fun with the game too.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I haven't gotten Zestria yet, but I wanna.

To Grandmaster and Thunder Sage, respectively.

That's exactly why we need to Hoshinohr!
If you like JRPGs, I find that Tales tend to be pretty safe investments even if they aren't masterpieces. So yeah, I recommend it.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
I was going to play PoR to put Hong Hong senpai's strats to good use, and Oscar even did a cool thing, but the game crashed right as I defeated the boss.
I just thought "You know what, if this is how it'll go, then I'll try again when you shape up..."

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I've only played Vesperia and the Xillia duology, are any of the characters as fun to play as Yuri?
Unfortunately I never got to play Vesperia since I don't own a Xbox360 but from what i have seen, Yuri and Sorey both fit into your typical Tales swordsman archetype though Yuri seems more focused on mutli-hits and, uh, trying to look flashy while Sorey focuses more on elemental variety. Zestiria is also pretty friendly to the mages and they're pretty fun to play. It's very easy to play them as battle mages and they're not helpless up close.

Zestiria is most similar to Graces F which you didn't list. Although, Xillia 2 is actually a fusion of Xillia and Graces F in terms of gameplay (the Graces F elements being sidestepping/quick evading, holding guard to increase art effectiveness, emphasis on a weakness combo system, and something similar to CC).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I was going to play PoR to put Hong Hong senpai's strats to good use, and Oscar even did a cool thing, but the game crashed right as I defeated the boss.
I just thought "You know what, if this is how it'll go, then I'll try again when you shape up..."
Then watch the final boss on youtube you munothing little one

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Unfortunately I never got to play Vesperia since I don't own a Xbox360 but from what i have seen, Yuri and Sorey both fit into your typical Tales swordsman archetype though Yuri seems more focused on mutli-hits and, uh, trying to look flashy while Sorey focuses more on elemental variety. Zestiria is also pretty friendly to the mages and they're pretty fun to play. It's very easy to play them as battle mages and they're not helpless up close.

Zestiria is most similar to Graces F which you didn't list. Although, Xillia 2 is actually a fusion of Xillia and Graces F in terms of gameplay (the Graces F elements being sidestepping/quick evading, holding guard to increase art effectiveness, emphasis on a weakness combo system, and something similar to CC).
Okay, thanks!
Then watch the final boss on youtube you munothing little one
But but but but that would be spoilers!:c

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I once spent half a boss battle like that. I was actually pretty impressed with myself for that. But yeah, I'm having fun with the game too.
Must be farther than I am. Every boss I've had so far (that I can recall) has always been in a decently wide open area. Granted, I don't think I'm all that far. I feel like I am, but then I remember that this is a Tales of game and then I remember that these games are LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.

Edit: I just recalled that there is one boss where you COULD have that happen. And if it's the boss I'm thinking of, I take my hat off to you, sir.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Speaking of waifus

I promoted myself to ultimate Halloween waifu lord :^)

Please praise me Robin gorls for my waifus, and BAN•ZELDA

Top Bottom