• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
No activity in the past 2 hours dead social RIP in peace Robin 3slow5u

Lovers will always do things together I suppose. :^)

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Goes to show how hard it is to balance a game.

For instance, for me, it was far too easy. I really wanted some kind of hard mode or way to crank my XP down.

Also, if you restart it, what if you just end up bowing out before you finish again? 70 hours is a lot.
Isn't there some sort of a new game +?
:urg:What am I doing wrong?! :facepalm:I know I was neglecting doing a lot of sidquesting for a while there.

Luckily, I was indifferent with the Mother series back then with Brawl. Though, I'm sure I glanced at Lucas's description before, but can't recall a single word.
I actually just recently started playing Mother 3 as I've gotten into the series now and don't wanna encounter spoilers. Kinda lame having to result to unofficial emulation though...

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've had parts of both Mother 2 and 3 spoiled.

Thankfully not enough though. ;)

Hong

The Strongest
I have no reason to post this, which is reason enough.
Isn't there some sort of a new game +?
:urg:What am I doing wrong?! :facepalm:I know I was neglecting doing a lot of sidquesting for a while there.

Luckily, I was indifferent with the Mother series back in Brawl. Though, I'm sure I glanced at Lucas's description before, but can't recall a single word.
I actually just recently started playing Mother 3 as I've gotten into the series now and don't wanna encounter spoilers. Kinda lame having to result to unofficial emulation though...
I don't know. If you play with a team of Shulk, Sharla, and Reyn, controlling Shulk and making the most out of everyone's roles, it just seems to be an ez 123. I find that is a team that is very general and able to handle the widest range of trials; if you are more capable and confident, you can get by with just about any balanced team.

Are you using gems? Are you using a reasonable set of equipment--- that is to say, if you are having a hard time staying alive, will you adapt your gear and strategy? Are you taking advantage of skills and skill links? Upgrading your maximum art levels and investing your AP appropriately? Are you prioritizing the right targets? Locking down the right targets? Changing characters as necessary--- such as controlling Melia when Ether-based attacks would be preferable?

The combat system is relatively slow... So it's more about tactics and decision making. I don't really think you need to do all the quests, since I found when people do that they just feel overlevelled. Perhaps you are just not taking advantage of one of the systems and are not as powerful as you could be.

Also, on that end note, are you liking Mother 3?

Edit - Also, Xenoblade Chronicles does have New Game+, but I think it will just make the game easier. :(

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I have no reason to post this, which is reason enough.
I don't know. If you play with a team of Shulk, Sharla, and Reyn, controlling Shulk and making the most out of everyone's roles, it just seems to be an ez 123. I find that is a team that is very general and able to handle the widest range of trials; if you are more capable and confident, you can get by with just about any balanced team.

Are you using gems? Are you using a reasonable set of equipment--- that is to say, if you are having a hard time staying alive, will you adapt your gear and strategy? Are you taking advantage of skills and skill links? Upgrading your maximum art levels and investing your AP appropriately? Are you prioritizing the right targets? Locking down the right targets? Changing characters as necessary--- such as controlling Melia when Ether-based attacks would be preferable?

The combat system is relatively slow... So it's more about tactics and decision making. I don't really think you need to do all the quests, since I found when people do that they just feel overlevelled. Perhaps you are just not taking advantage of one of the systems and are not as powerful as you could be.

Also, on that end note, are you liking Mother 3?

Edit - Also, Xenoblade Chronicles does have New Game+, but I think it will just make the game easier. :(
I think a combination of a full-time Tank
Reyn or Dunban
, a healer
Sharla. No substitutions.
and a damage dealer
Shulk, Fiora, Riki, Dunban or Melia with a proper setup
completely breaks the game. Pretty much any other setup makes your party feel lacking or unprepared for the actually challenging fights that the game might throw at you though.

Hong

The Strongest
I think a combination of a full-time Tank
Reyn or Dunban
, a healer
Sharla. No substitutions.
and a damage dealer
Shulk, Fiora, Riki, Dunban or Melia with a proper setup
completely breaks the game. Pretty much any other setup makes your party feel lacking or unprepared for the actually challenging fights that the game might throw at you though.
Watching Shulk's HP bar get deleted when he pulls aggro late game.

That's another reason why...
I prefer to play Fiora. She was meant to be able to function as something of an off-tank, so if i pull aggro I don't instantly die. She's also just awesome and a lot of fun to play.

I still laugh at "Final CROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSS", though. Something about some of her voice work in general.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Well don't read if you don't want to be spoiled. Yeah, they ruined the two main plot points in the game...
Lucas
The younger of twin brothers living in Tazmily Village in the Nowhere Islands. He's a kind boy who can communicate with animals, but he's shy and never really got over the tragedy that struck his mother. He fights a warped dictatorship, hunts the Seven Needles, and crosses swords with his missing brother, Claus. In the end, the young boy with psychic PSI powers grows up.
Honestly, it had all of surprises/twists in the story of Mother 3.
It was a very, very stupid idea.

Eh, Smash is already infamous for spoiling all stuff, anyway.
I'm surprised...
They didn't reveal Robin's relationship with Grima in his trophy

Eh, I suppose I shouldn't read any of the Xenoblade trophies, then.

I've had parts of both Mother 2 and 3 spoiled.

Thankfully not enough though. ;)
Just go play the game already:happysheep:
That way you won't need to worry about it it anymore.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
My apologizes. It seems I was incorrect when it came to a certain Xenoblade trophy being unlocked via challenges. It appears the one I'm thinking of can be obtained via the trophy shop so just stay away from there. Also, stay away from Smash Tour as that too unfortunately contains the dreaded MASSIVE spoiler trophy.

Hmmmm, surprising but not not entirely unexpected. As long as Nintendo continues to make games and dedicated systems for they're users, which they just announced they are since they also said they will be revealing a new dedicated gaming platform next year, codename is NX, then I'm all for them gaining more revenue from the mobile market. Plus, they're using the mobile market to bring more awareness of they're IP's and brands, so that's always a good thing. It seems to me like they are leveraging the mobile market correctly, unlike what some other companies have been doing. :p
Stay away from Smash Tour? No problem for me.

And that's even worse. You can't get it through classic or anything, right? I doubt I've seen the trophy even if I got it since the trophies tend to blend together for me.
Honestly, it had all of surprises/twists in the story of Mother 3.
It was a very, very stupid idea.

Eh, Smash is already infamous for spoiling all stuff, anyway.
I'm surprised...
They didn't reveal Robin's relationship with Grima in his trophy

Eh, I suppose I shouldn't read any of the Xenoblade trophies, then.

Just go play the game already:happysheep:
That way you won't need to worry about it it anymore.
Seriously, pretty sure more people have played FE:A already than Mother 3 or Xenoblade.

The funniest thing about the Mother 3 stuff is that Lucas's trophy in SSB4 is LESS spoilery and barely tells you anything. This trophy is farther away from the games' release date and it's even more unlikely now with him cut that the game will officially come our way, so you'd think spoilers would matter EVEN LESS.

Really, the only Mother 3 spoilery trophy in SSB4 is
Empire Porky Statue
And even that just spoils who the main villain is, who most people who played EB prior to M3 would guess anyway.

D

Deleted member

Funnily enough this is incorrect. Marth's Falchion, Lucina's Parallel Falchion, and Ike's Ragnell all have infinite durability in their respective games. Robin's weapons are the only ones that will eventually break of the four.
Guess I never realized that when I played Awakening, although, I do know weapons (outside of special ones like those) do run out.

I feel as if Link can have infinite bombs/arrows, Mario doesn't require the Fire Flower to use a Fireball, Olimar can pull out Pikmin from wherever and as much as he wishes (that he can hold), Zelda can use all of her moves as much as she wishes without a Magic Meter, Mega Man doesn't need Energy for moves, etc, Robin should be able to utilize his/her moves as much as the other characters.

Robin has enough flaws with being slow and the grab game being quite awful to have this usage flaw stacked onto him/her.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Back than(Melee days) it was kinda fun reading the trophies from time to time since I was always interested in the new characters Smash showed which introduced me to new fun series I never played before. Now it's just something to collect for me as I will just research the characters in the internet. The trophies informations are kinda confusing and sometimes flat out wrong like the Redead description for example.

Regardless I will always be spoiled by one thing or another(this is the internet afterall) and I don't mind (it makes me even more excited actually) as long as it is not too big or too much(which is why I actively avoid playthroughs/forums of games I know I will get. It did introduce me to Mother and Fire Emblem, great series I would have missed otherwise, which I am thankful for.

Side note: I buyed the Rogue and Redeemers DLC to grind for Limit Break. It was kinda annoying doing this while not losing a single unit since the opponents got some bull**** hax on me. That was easily compensated with epic devoted music

Owain:RADIAAAANT DAWWWWN

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guess I never realized that when I played Awakening, although, I do know weapons (outside of special ones like those) do run out.

I feel as if Link can have infinite bombs/arrows, Mario doesn't require the Fire Flower to use a Fireball, Olimar can pull out Pikmin from wherever and as much as he wishes (that he can hold), Zelda can use all of her moves as much as she wishes without a Magic Meter, Mega Man doesn't need Energy for moves, etc, Robin should be able to utilize his/her moves as much as the other characters.

Robin has enough flaws with being slow and the grab game being quite awful to have this usage flaw stacked onto him/her.
But that's what makes Robin so awesome! You use up all your tomes durability and then when you opponent is unaware, you throw a freaking book at them and KO them. Plus, his Bronze Sword can still KO at decent percents. I can understand where you are getting at and I can respect that, but for some reason, I would prefer that they keep Robin how he is rather than to change him so that his weapons are indestructible.

Also, Robin isn't that slow, though his grab is very bad :/.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
My apologizes. It seems I was incorrect when it came to a certain Xenoblade trophy being unlocked via challenges. It appears the one I'm thinking of can be obtained via the trophy shop so just stay away from there. Also, stay away from Smash Tour as that too unfortunately contains the dreaded MASSIVE spoiler trophy.
I despise Smash Tour so that shouldn't be an issue. I already got the stage required through it and I don't remember seeing a Xenoblade trophy. I do remember encountering Metal Face but that was just for a boss battle.

I find it funny how the trophies in Brawl apparently spoiled Mother 3 and yet I still know nothing about the story. I guess ignoring the descriptions and focus on looking at the trophies benefited me. Although, the chances of me playing Mother 3 are very low.

Edit: Actually, I just realized why I'm still oblivious to Mother 3's story. Me ignoring the descriptions was simply because I never cared for the series. It's weird that I never bothered to look up the story despite having little interest in the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But that's what makes Robin so awesome! You use up all your tomes durability and then when you opponent is unaware, you throw a freaking book at them and KO them. Plus, his Bronze Sword can still KO at decent percents. I can understand where you are getting at and I can respect that, but for some reason, I would prefer that they keep Robin how he is rather than to change him so that his weapons are indestructible.

Also, Robin isn't that slow, though his grab is very bad :/.
I mean I really do like Robin, it's just you can't seem to use Up B as an attack without compromising your recovery game so it makes intense matches less in favor of Robin on that standpoint. We always have one less move we could be doing due to this because if in the situations where you get knocked off the stage or you're trying to do off-stage game and have to keep recovering, eventually you're gonna fall like a rock.

I think the idea is a great concept but it ends up not working to well from a fighting game standpoint and ends up being quite the flaw if your goal is to win. Every character has flaws no doubt, but I feel this is quite a game-changing flaw the more you delve into competitive play.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
OH MY GAWSH! Tiny Nopon versions of Shulk, Lucina and Robin crawling all over Chrom. I CAN'T TAKE ALL THIS CUTENESS! <3

AHHHHHHHHH!!!! SOOO CUTE!!!!! >w< :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I mean I really do like Robin, it's just you can't seem to use Up B as an attack without compromising your recovery game so it makes intense matches less in favor of Robin on that standpoint. We always have one less move we could be doing due to this because if in the situations where you get knocked off the stage or you're trying to do off-stage game and have to keep recovering, eventually you're gonna fall like a rock.

I think the idea is a great concept but it ends up not working to well from a fighting game standpoint and ends up being quite the flaw if your goal is to win. Every character has flaws no doubt, but I feel this is quite a game-changing flaw the more you delve into competitive play.
Maybe that is why Sakurai Designed Robin that way. So we have to think about our moves and plan things out, we are Tacticians after all :4robinm::4robinf:.

Anyway, I still see it as advantage more than a disadvantage, but what ever :).

OH MY GAWSH! Tiny Nopon versions of Shulk, Lucina and Robin crawling all over Chrom. I CAN'T TAKE ALL THIS CUTENESS! <3

AHHHHHHHHH!!!! SOOO CUTE!!!!! >w< :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:
NO. TOO. CUTE. MUST. RESTRAIN. SELF

:happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978

Books/Levin Sword get you out of grab sometimes, it's hilarious. I find Robin's grab okayish. B-throw kills at reasonable amount of damage and D- throw is good for baiting airdodges.

I find him not being able to use his specials infinite amount of times is not that big of a deal. Yes it sucks that it can potentially gimp your recovery which means you can't abuse Jab freely. As a result (s)he is more difficult to play as than your average joe but these flaws are not so crippling that they are unworkable. Just use the projectiles in the right time, don't spam them. You gotta have a gameplan in mind while you are forced to be flexible at the same time. Also I don't have an issue with Robin being slow as she can hit suprisingly fast for how strong the Levin Sword is. Then again I also play Ganon so I really have nothing to complain about especially speed.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Back than(Melee days) it was kinda fun reading the trophies from time to time since I was always interested in the new characters Smash showed which introduced me to new fun series I never played before. Now it's just something to collect for me as I will just research the characters in the internet. The trophies informations are kinda confusing and sometimes flat out wrong like the Redead description for example.

Regardless I will always be spoiled by one thing or another(this is the internet afterall) and I don't mind (it makes me even more excited actually) as long as it is not too big or too much(which is why I actively avoid playthroughs/forums of games I know I will get. It did introduce me to Mother and Fire Emblem, great series I would have missed otherwise, which I am thankful for.

Side note: I buyed the Rogue and Redeemers DLC to grind for Limit Break. It was kinda annoying doing this while not losing a single unit since the opponents got some bull**** hax on me. That was easily compensated with epic devoted music

Owain:RADIAAAANT DAWWWWN
Honestly, some of the descriptions this time are fun. I heard that a writer from the Mother series did them, and it shows. I barely read them in Brawl for the reason you stated, but I have been reading them here because they're more fun.
I despise Smash Tour so that shouldn't be an issue. I already got the stage required through it and I don't remember seeing a Xenoblade trophy. I do remember encountering Metal Face but that was just for a boss battle.

I find it funny how the trophies in Brawl apparently spoiled Mother 3 and yet I still know nothing about the story. I guess ignoring the descriptions and focus on looking at the trophies benefited me. Although, the chances of me playing Mother 3 are very low.

Edit: Actually, I just realized why I'm still oblivious to Mother 3's story. Me ignoring the descriptions was simply because I never cared for the series. It's weird that I never bothered to look up the story despite having little interest in the game.
FIX THAT NOW.

Kidding, kidding, you're entitled to not caring about a series. There are several I have little interest in not because they're bad- just not my thing.

For instance, I've heard the F-Zero franchise is great, but I have no interest in racing games at all.

And even some Mother fans aren't Mother 3 fans, so it's understandable.

HNNNNNNNNNNG.

So, do Nopon stuffed animals exist? Because I need one.

Shaymikyu

So, I Googled looking to see if Nopon stuffed animals existed and HNNNNG.

HNNNNNG.

I haven't even played Xenoblade yet and know VERY little about it still aside from a few things in SSB (not counting Wii U trophies, because I've avoided those), and Riki might be my favorite party member already, at least in terms of design/character. I'm a sucker for cute little long-eared things.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Haha the feels of this thread makes it seem like it's a Robin x Shulk Social / FE x Xenoblade Social.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
So, I Googled looking to see if Nopon stuffed animals existed and HNNNNG.

HNNNNNG.

I haven't even played Xenoblade yet and know VERY little about it still aside from a few things in SSB (not counting Wii U trophies, because I've avoided those), and Riki might be my favorite party member already, at least in terms of design/character. I'm a sucker for cute little long-eared things.
NAGA'S BREATH! HNNNNNG!!! IT'S SOOOOOO CUTE!!!! <3 X3

Riki is indeed one of the best party members within Xenoblade Chronicles. He truly is a Heropon. :3

Haha the feels of this thread makes it seem like it's a Robin x Shulk Social / FE x Xenoblade Social.
Hahaha! XD Well it's only natural that two fan bases based off an RPG series come together at some point. :p Especially two RPG series from Nintendo.

Shaymikyu

NAGA'S BREATH! HNNNNNG!!! IT'S SOOOOOO CUTE!!!! <3 X3

Riki is indeed one of the best party members within Xenoblade Chronicles. He truly is a Heropon. :3

Hahaha! XD Well it's only natural that two fan bases based off an RPG series come together at some point. :p Especially two RPG series from Nintendo.
That second gif... HNNNNNNG!

I'd google more Riki stuff to continue the trend, but I'm scared I'll find spoilers on accident.:sadeyes: Soon... I was going to wait on the New 3DS/Xenoblade 3D until Christmas, but now I'm tempted to get the New 3DS over break and preorder Xenoblade 3D so I can play it sooner.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Indeed. In fact, the only character socials I visit are the Robin and Shulk socials. And of course I'm looking forward to the release of the new FE title as well as XCX :)

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v

you saying it is funny, because, as I said before, RobinxShulk is becoming a thing in the yaoi community.

Well, both are RPG, even if from different genres, so it would make sense that most people here would be fan of both except for me who haven't played Xenoblade yet:happysheep:
...and we do talk about everything here, anyway:happysheep:

Now that I think about it, how is Shulk Social(If he has one)?

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

Outside of spiking Elwind isn't really that great of an attack. Out of the hundreds of matches I have played on both 3DS and Wii U lack of recovery due to Elwind running has been an issue only twice and it was my fault both times for not being aware enough. And I have never seen this be an issue in competitive play.

Giving Robin infinite tomes would not necessarily make her better. You use up the thunder tome and you can't use thunder for like 10-12 seconds. You still have arcfire, the levinsword, and a projectile that does up to 18%, can ko, and potentially even shieldbreak to boot. But you're always going to be slow, you're always going to have an average to mediocre grab game, and you're always going to be free to be gimped by certain characters, including ironically Robin herself. In other words, by giving her infinite tomes you both 1) deprive her of her fastest and strongest projectiles and 2) would still not address her core flaws, some of which you mentioned already.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I think I ran out of Elwind once, and I use it a lot for spiking. And even then, it regenerated a lot quicker than Thunder and Elfire, if I recall.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Indeed. In fact, the only character socials I visit are the Robin and Shulk socials. And of course I'm looking forward to the release of the new FE title as well as XCX :)
You and me both, friend. ^_^ Although I did visit the Lucina social thread for a LONG time. I should probably visit it sometime since I do main Lucina. :p But at the moment, the Robin and Shulk social threads are my primary social threads. Mostly this social thread just because I've been here the longest. :3 FE If and XCX are my two most anticipated titles for 2015 as of right now! :D

I think I ran out of Elwind once, and I use it a lot for spiking. And even then, it regenerated a lot quicker than Thunder and Elfire, if I recall.
Same here. I've only ran out of Elwind once, but that was mostly due to me and my friends playing 8 player Smash and the trolling that occurred. XD But yes, Elwind regenerates pretty quickly, as does Thunder and then Arcfire for the most part. Just got to be a careful tactician and make sure you only use Elwind when you really have to and not just for spiking purposes. Although if your skilled enough, then you'll be able to balance spiking and recovering with Elwind effectively.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
you saying it is funny, because, as I said before, RobinxShulk is becoming a thing in the yaoi community.

Well, both are RPG, even if from different genres, so it would make sense that most people here would be fan of both except for me who haven't played Xenoblade yet:happysheep:
...and we do talk about everything here, anyway:happysheep:

Now that I think about it, how is Shulk Social(If he has one)?
The Shulk Social is pretty cool. You all pretty much give off the same kinda vibe, at least to me (which is a good thing).

You and me both, friend. ^_^ Although I did visit the Lucina social thread for a LONG time. I should probably visit it sometime since I do main Lucina. :p But at the moment, the Robin and Shulk social threads are my primary social threads. Mostly this social thread just because I've been here the longest. :3 FE If and XCX are my two most anticipated titles for 2015 as of right now! :D
I haven't visited the Lucina Social since the day she was announced to be honest. Most friends I had there also participates in this social, so overtime, I just accepted this place as my main hangout to chat with fellow FE fans.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I haven't visited the Lucina Social since the day she was announced to be honest. Most friends I had there also participates in this social, so overtime, I just accepted this place as my main hangout to chat with fellow FE fans.
I haven't visited the Lucina Social since the very beginning of this year I believe. After that, I noticed most of the people who I chatted with also came over to the Robin social so I followed suit and like yourself, this is my primary place to talk about all things FE with fellow fans and friends. ^_^

Shaymikyu

I think most of the Lucina Social people migrated to the FE group. That, or I'm just not getting notifications anymore like what happened here.

I don't play Lucy much anymore anyway, so eh.

EDIT: You all made me want to get a Riki avatar even though I haven't played the game yet. Don't worry- I didn't see any spoilers unless "Riki exists and is adorable" is a spoiler.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
@ Weeman Weeman , your avatar makes me wonder what Fox-Leffen would look like during those matches.

D

Deleted member

Books/Levin Sword get you out of grab sometimes, it's hilarious. I find Robin's grab okayish. B-throw kills at reasonable amount of damage and D- throw is good for baiting airdodges.

I find him not being able to use his specials infinite amount of times is not that big of a deal. Yes it sucks that it can potentially gimp your recovery which means you can't abuse Jab freely. As a result (s)he is more difficult to play as than your average joe but these flaws are not so crippling that they are unworkable. Just use the projectiles in the right time, don't spam them. You gotta have a gameplan in mind while you are forced to be flexible at the same time. Also I don't have an issue with Robin being slow as she can hit suprisingly fast for how strong the Levin Sword is. Then again I also play Ganon so I really have nothing to complain about especially speed.
I was not complaining that Robin was slow, I was stating that since Robin's flaw is his/her speed, I personally find it that there are so many cons to the character that end up making him/her not viable competitively. If the character is slow, lacks the grab game by comparison to other characters, they usually get some kind of pro to make up for it. The pro in this situtation is Robin's power, however that power has it's own flaw since you are limited in how much you can use it.

Simply "getting better" won't solve this issue as other "good" players will dodge these attacks, and thus you will run out for a period of time. Losing your bait jabs, or Arc Fire in the middle of combat usually spells death for Robin because Levin Sword is hard to setup without them. Robin's moves tend to work best in unison with each other, but if you run out of one you end up being severely gimped in the other, and simply as I stated before, playing better doesn't take away that other players will dodge these moves and you'll run out.

Outside of spiking Elwind isn't really that great of an attack. Out of the hundreds of matches I have played on both 3DS and Wii U lack of recovery due to Elwind running has been an issue only twice and it was my fault both times for not being aware enough. And I have never seen this be an issue in competitive play.

Giving Robin infinite tomes would not necessarily make her better. You use up the thunder tome and you can't use thunder for like 10-12 seconds. You still have arcfire, the levinsword, and a projectile that does up to 18%, can ko, and potentially even shieldbreak to boot. But you're always going to be slow, you're always going to have an average to mediocre grab game, and you're always going to be free to be gimped by certain characters, including ironically Robin herself. In other words, by giving her infinite tomes you both 1) deprive her of her fastest and strongest projectiles and 2) would still not address her core flaws, some of which you mentioned already.
It's not that great of an attack, it, however, is one of the few options Robin has to recover on the stage. If you time it correctly, the two hits will position the person below you away enough for you to recover. The biggest issue is mainly that bait jabs affects your recovery which is honestly a pretty big downside for the speed of Robin.

I actually feel it would help Robin because you'd be able to do a few things:

1. Bait jab as much as you wish.
2. Bait jab as much as you wish without affecting your recovery.
3. Off game a bit better as with combined with the previous things, never run out of recovery. Especially so when you are having issues getting back on stage.
4. Being able to keep Arc Fire pressure up as defense and offense.
5. Being able to recovery Arc Fire off stage without worry it's out.
6. Always access to Levin Sword combined with the pressure of Arc Fire is a significant buff.

In actuality, Levin Sword and Arc Thunder (and all variants) really don't matter to me if it's kept the way it is, but I feel as if Arc Fire (and variants) and especially Elwind (and variants) should not be limited and would in turn buff the character considerably.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The regulars have all migrated to the FE Social Group created by me on Locuan's request to keep her board Smash-centric. They enjoy themselves there.

Top Bottom