• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Mileage may vary, but Xenoblade Chronicles is the best singleplayer console experience I've had in years. If you do the quests and whatnot you have about100 hours of content, great story, and an engaging combat system for the non-ranged characters.

Pick it up. Even if it costs you an arm and a leg, I think you'll like it in the end. Judging by your posts, you have good tastes in RPGs.:ness:
I couldn't agree with you more, Hong! <3 There's a reason Xenoblade Chronicles is one of my favourite games of all time, and that's saying something given the ridiculous amount of RPG's and video games in general that I've played for the past 21 years. There's a bloody good reason why many consider it to be the greatest RPG experience in the last decade or so. Seriously, if anyone here hasn't played it yet, I HIGHLY recommend you find yourself a copy and play it throughly. Or, if you have a New 3DS, just play it on there come April 10th. :3

You'll be really feeling it when you do. :4shulk:

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Mileage may vary, but Xenoblade Chronicles is the best singleplayer console experience I've had in years. If you do the quests and whatnot you have about100 hours of content, great story, and an engaging combat system for the non-ranged characters.

Pick it up. Even if it costs you an arm and a leg, I think you'll like it in the end. Judging by your posts, you have good tastes in RPGs.:ness:
I swear, I'll play it when it comes out for New 3DS if I can get the system. I swear.:4shulk:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Always approve of Ike.:love:
Thanks! I thought I would go with something more... radiant. :4myfriends:

I also echo the praise regarding Xenoblade Chronicles; it is absolutely sublime game that everyone should try. Never did a single player game kept me captivated by its deeply-engrossing story-line, unique world, and wonderful cast of characters like it did, from beginning to end. Definitely one of my favorite games of the last generation.

Kinda ironic, because of the three OP Rainfall games, it was the least of them that I wanted, yet I thoroughly enjoyed it the most.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v

I couldn't agree with you more, Hong! <3 There's a reason Xenoblade Chronicles is one of my favourite games of all time, and that's saying something given the ridiculous amount of RPG's and video games in general that I've played for the past 21 years. There's a bloody good reason why many consider it to be the greatest RPG experience in the last decade or so. Seriously, if anyone here hasn't played it yet, I HIGHLY recommend you find yourself a copy and play it throughly. Or, if you have a New 3DS, just play it on there come April 10th. :3

You'll be really feeling it when you do. :4shulk:
Welp, you guys are making me want to desperately play it.
...and I don't have a Wii or a N3DS:drsad: and chances of getting any is extremely slim atm.
Dolphin,hereIcome.

This made me wonder how would Ike and Mr.Saturn get along.
:4myfriends:
And this is a cute mental image.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I've wanted to play Xenoblade chronicles for a long time on my wii but I've never been able to find a copy that wasn't really expensive. It's a shame because of all the good things I hear about it. It honestly confuses me how Nintendo thought the game wouldn't be popular.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So here's an FE:A playthrough for you all to try:

I call it "Portrait Classes". Every character can only ever be the class that they are in their portrait (in other words, their starting class). The exception to this is Morgan, who must be sidestepped into Tactician.

No Master Seals allowed, however, you may use second seals to reset the character's level as many times as you want.

D

Deleted member

I call it "Portrait Classes". Every character can only ever be the class that they are in their portrait (in other words, their starting class). The exception to this is Morgan, who must be sidestepped into Tactician.

No Master Seals allowed, however, you may use second seals to reset the character's level as many times as you want.
Well my manaketes are in good shape then.

:shades:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
If anything I'd like to try out Xenoblade for the music. If there's one thing I look at in a game or anime, it's how the soundtrack for it is. From what I've heard in Smash and among fans of it, Xenoblade has got some very nice music. As much as I don't quite feel like going out to get a New 3DS, going that route would probably be better in the long run seeing that I could play Xenoblade Chronicles portable and enjoy other games like Smash a bit more.

I'm just debating on holding out for now, because I'm getting the feeling that Nintendo will pull their usual stunt and release some cooler edition of a New 3DS right after I get mine. It happened with my original DS and the DS lite, and it happened again with my 3DS and the 3DS XL.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I'll be honest with you: I am biased towards chill Tacticians. Relaxed enough to be able to laugh and enjoy things as they go, but also levelheaded with a certain amount of pragmaticality to allow for some down-to-earth discussion. That's what I like about you.
Thanks. It helps that it's easy to have those type of conversations with you as well. I have enjoyed the down-to-earth discussions we have had together, along with our fellow tacticians, and I look forward to more to come.

RadiantTactician

NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
If anything I'd like to try out Xenoblade for the music. If there's one thing I look at in a game or anime, it's how the soundtrack for it is. From what I've heard in Smash and among fans of it, Xenoblade has got some very nice music. As much as I don't quite feel like going out to get a New 3DS, going that route would probably be better in the long run seeing that I could play Xenoblade Chronicles portable and enjoy other games like Smash a bit more.

I'm just debating on holding out for now, because I'm getting the feeling that Nintendo will pull their usual stunt and release some cooler edition of a New 3DS right after I get mine. It happened with my original DS and the DS lite, and it happened again with my 3DS and the 3DS XL.
I have to admit, Xenoblade's soundtrack is what pushed me to pick it up, especially Mechanical Rhythm and You Will Know Our Names. Most of the big battle themes you've heard are already in Smash, but I would say the songs outside of the fray are just as incredible, atmospheric, and memorable. I won't say any songs because it's something you should definitely experience the first time around.

Reminds me that I still haven't gotten around to picking up the physical soundtrack; I should rectify that soon...

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

If you get the New 3DS one you can listen to it in Sleep Mode! :D

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Honestly, although I enjoyed the story of Xenoblade Chronicles, I wasn't THAT impressed with it because I felt the story, outside of the very unique and engaging setting, tread on familiar ground. I also, for the life of me, could not get behind any of the cast for some reason despite me thinking there was good character interaction among the party members. When I saw Shulk revealed in Smash, I was excited not so much for Shulk himself, but at the prospect of wielding the Monado. In fact, let's say that was my favorite character in the game: the Monado.

Having said all of that, I do recommend the game to anyone. It has a very well-built world, fun combat, and as everyone is saying above, the music is a huge plus.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
While we are on the topic of Xenoblade music, someone was kind enough to remaster the 4 tracks that have been released on Xenoblade Chronicles X's JP website with lyrics for the pieces that have them. Enjoy! ^w^

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly, although I enjoyed the story of Xenoblade Chronicles, I wasn't THAT impressed with it because I felt the story, outside of the very unique and engaging setting, tread on familiar ground. I also, for the life of me, could not get behind any of the cast for some reason despite me thinking there was good character interaction among the party members. When I saw Shulk revealed in Smash, I was excited not so much for Shulk himself, but at the prospect of wielding the Monado. In fact, let's say that was my favorite character in the game: the Monado.

Having said all of that, I do recommend the game to anyone. It has a very well-built world, fun combat, and as everyone is saying above, the music is a huge plus.
How ironic that you consider the Monado a character...

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Well it's not that big of a stretch. I'm not sure if "ironic" is quite the word to describe it though.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I can't be the only one who simply considers the Xenoblade tunes okay.

Like, not A MASTERPIECE, but simply okay.

D

Deleted member

Xenoblade talk, eh?

I got this game in December of 2013. I am not the biggest RPG fanatic out there, but I bought Xenoblade because it was a rare game and I heard so much praise about it; honestly, looking at the case and opening it to look at the disc in my car was pretty magical feeling I had.
I spent hours playing this game, and I once had an 8 hour session with it. I just loved this game from start to finish. I loved the exploration, the battles, the graphics, the music, the use of color, the lore, the story in the game, and the amazing cast of characters and their interactions. In fact, Shulk quickly became one of my favorite video game characters (number 2, right behind Luigi) and my most wanted newcomer for Smash 4; not only did he come from this amazing game and would have brought a lot of amazing content, but he was a character that I could relate to and I loved seeing him grow and change throughout the game (it's just a shame leaks kinda killed his reveal, Gematsu and ESRB).
Xenoblade is by far one of the best games that I have ever played, even going so far as to say it's my favorite Wii game and RPG.

Xenoblade isn't just a video game, it's an experience. You will encounter tough battles, strange enemies, incredible music, and fascinating lands. By the end of the game, the game will become a part of you; I can't say why, but you can't help but think about it and what it says.

I highly recommend that you get this game, Wii or New 3DS. It's an amazing game and you need to experience it.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
As somebody who didn't think Xenoblade was quite as good as everybody else seems to think:
Get the game anyways.
It may not be the best thing since sliced bread, but it's still very well executed and has a couple of amazing ideas for an RPG AND has a kickass soundtrack.

Everytime I hear the Fire Emblem victory theme in Smash, I imagine how awesome it would be with that kickass guitar riff from 'You Will Know Our Names'.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
If you guys are talking about Xenoblade, can you put spoilers in the spoiler tabs. I am yet to play even Chronicles :(.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I'll eventually get Xenoblade Chronicles once I finally get a N3DS. I could just get the Wii version but it's both hard to find, and expensive. Plus, with the 3DS version, I could take it with me wherever I go. I enjoyed listening to You Will Know Our Names, and Engage the Enemy in Smash (although the latter is a butchered version, but it got me to listen to the complete version on Youtube). I also love Colony 9 Night. I listened to it while writing an essay.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I can't be the only one who simply considers the Xenoblade tunes okay.

:seuss:

If you guys are talking about Xenoblade, can you put spoilers in the spoiler tabs. I am yet to play even Chronicles :(.
Don't worry, friend. No spoilers here. I'm sure we'll all be courteous of those who have not played or finished the game, of that I can assure you. ^_^

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Granted I haven't played it all the way through, I'm not all that into Xenoblade Chronicles' music. It's good, sure, but I'm not about to run out and find a soundtrack.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I've been messing around in Gimp for about the past hour trying to make a signature for myself, when I made this thing I thought I'd test as a new avatar c:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Purchased Xenoblade Chronicles about a year ago and was very much immersed into the game, but apparently I suck at playing the game as I'm continuously having to level grind for a while in order to progress in the game. Got too repetitive in my case and it's rather bothersome that I don't feel like continuing anymore... Should I just start out fresh from the beginning again? (I'm over 70 hours in)
And yeah, love the ost in this game as well.:love:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm just debating on holding out for now, because I'm getting the feeling that Nintendo will pull their usual stunt and release some cooler edition of a New 3DS right after I get mine.
They already released the Majora's Mask edition. There are no cooler editions to be had.
Although I'd put money on a Xenoblade edition when it drops.

In all honesty even if they don't release an edition for Xenoblade, I would still pick it up then. Chronicles seems just too good to pass up, and it's a huge boon to Smash 3DS and the 3DS library in general.

Case in point, kept my old 3DS XL for some Pokemon shenanigans and thought I might keep downloaded games on it too. Nope. Transferred once, never looked back.

Interesting. I may be starting a new run...

I've been messing around in Gimp for about the past hour trying to make a signature for myself, when I made this thing I thought I'd test as a new avatar c:
Did someone say GIIIIIIIIIIIMP?

Gimp-logo_by_mimooh.svg.png

ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

I've been working on an avi myself over the last few days. I think it could be improved, but it's at least 1.0 ready. Want to clear some more of my backlog before I bust it out though.
Like the holiday avis and the wallpaper challenge and the critique and dear god where did all this backlog come from.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I've always been looking forward to FFXV, but this is... WOW :eek:

I also use GIMP for editing; Photoshop doesn't run on Vista it seems :c (which is one reason of MANY reasons why I'm updating my computer this year)

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Did someone say GIIIIIIIIIIIMP?

View attachment 43249

ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

I've been working on an avi myself over the last few days. I think it could be improved, but it's at least 1.0 ready. Want to clear some more of my backlog before I bust it out though.
Like the holiday avis and the wallpaper challenge and the critique and dear god where did all this backlog come from.
I have been learning to use GIMP the last couple of weeks and have made quiet a few cool things here and there, but I still have a long way to go XD. Though I am curious, what are the differences r between Photoshop and gimp.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Looks cute. I'd reserve a signature for flair/DLC supporting, personally, so keep it that way unless you find a way to incorporate it somehow.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I have been learning to use GIMP the last couple of weeks and have made quiet a few cool things here and there, but I still have a long way to go XD. Though I am curious, what are the differences r between Photoshop and gimp.
One of them is free :4wario2:

I've never used Photoshop so I really don't know the differences honestly.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
GIMP is free. And that's the big one.

I've used both, and I'm significantly more skilled in GIMP, to the point it is now my preference. In fact, I'm probably rusty in Photoshop by this point. But my understanding is Photoshop still handles a lot of scripts and advanced tools on the fly much easier and more effectively than GIMP does. GIMP is possibly more extensible, but it's hard to call that.

Part of it boils down to what you want to do and how much tweaking you're willing to do. The rest comes down to what tools you generally use. If you primarily use brush tools and are okay with elbow grease for cloning and healing, GIMP is great. Photoshop is the stronger program of the two, but GIMP works just as well for most freehand projects and even a lot of manipulation, if you're willing to learn its quirks.

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Looks cute. I'd reserve a signature for flair/DLC supporting, personally, so keep it that way unless you find a way to incorporate it somehow.
All I really had in mind was doing this little mashup of some of the characters from Pokemon and FE seeing that they're my two favorite franchises and I'd throw in Falcon as well since I like him and F-Zero.

Here's the prototype I've got right now, but I still have a lot of work to do and I'm now second guessing it.
sig1.0.1.png

I'm starting to get the idea it's too cluttered and that I should replace F!Robin with Ike since I've already got Robin on there. My general idea was have a character I like to play paired up with a Pokemon. As I said though, I'm still working on it :p

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I've always been looking forward to FFXV, but this is... WOW :eek:

I also use GIMP for editing; Photoshop doesn't run on Vista it seems :c (which is one reason of MANY reasons why I'm updating my computer this year)
That...was a glorious overkill. And I will get to enjoy that tomorrow when my copy of Type 0 comes. (shhh. Don't tell me that I need a ps4 first. Just, let me dream for a bit first.)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
All I really had in mind was doing this little mashup of some of the characters from Pokemon and FE seeing that they're my two favorite franchises and I'd throw in Falcon as well since I like him and F-Zero.

Here's the prototype I've got right now, but I still have a lot of work to do and I'm now second guessing it.

I'm starting to get the idea it's too cluttered and that I should replace F!Robin with Ike since I've already got Robin on there. My general idea was have a character I like to play paired up with a Pokemon. As I said though, I'm still working on it
I like it! Gotta have an Ike in there though. Ike and Lucario mehaps?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I took more screenshots of Pink Robin. This time participating in some tag team action.

RadiantTactician

NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
That...was a glorious overkill. And I will get to enjoy that tomorrow when my copy of Type 0 comes. (shhh. Don't tell me that I need a ps4 first. Just, let me dream for a bit first.)
I understand your pain, I don't have a PS4 either... : (

Top Bottom