• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I like it! Gotta have an Ike in there though. Ike and Lucario mehaps?
If anything I'd probably just keep Charizard and take out FemRobin and switch it with Ike, though I might be able to squeeze them in there if I really wanted.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
One of them is free :4wario2:

I've never used Photoshop so I really don't know the differences honestly.
Hilarious. :3.

GIMP is free. And that's the big one.

I've used both, and I'm significantly more skilled in GIMP, to the point it is now my preference. In fact, I'm probably rusty in Photoshop by this point. But my understanding is Photoshop still handles a lot of scripts and advanced tools on the fly much easier and more effectively than GIMP does. GIMP is possibly more extensible, but it's hard to call that.

Part of it boils down to what you want to do and how much tweaking you're willing to do. The rest comes down to what tools you generally use. If you primarily use brush tools and are okay with elbow grease for cloning and healing, GIMP is great. Photoshop is the stronger program of the two, but GIMP works just as well for most freehand projects and even a lot of manipulation, if you're willing to learn its quirks.
So, basically, GIMP is the free of the 2 and easier to use but doesn't quiet get the finish Photoshop has, while Photoshop cost money and is hard to use but you will generally get a better finish. Correct?

Anyway, I might just stick with GIMP cause I am already sort of use to it and at any rate, I have Photoshop on my laptop to :).

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
My general idea was have a character I like to play paired up with a Pokemon. As I said though, I'm still working on it :p
I think you executed a wonderful job of it in my completely unbiased pika opinion.

So, basically, GIMP is the free of the 2 and easier to use but doesn't quiet get the finish Photoshop has, while Photoshop cost money and is hard to use but you will generally get a better finish. Correct?

Anyway, I might just stick with GIMP cause I am already sort of use to it and at any rate, I have Photoshop on my laptop to :).
GIMP is actually more difficult to use by all accounts, or at least different. However, for all intents, f you know your way around it you can achieve similar results. Just be prepared to do more work than you would in Photoshop some of the time.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
If you guys are talking about Xenoblade, can you put spoilers in the spoiler tabs. I am yet to play even Chronicles :(.
Yes, PLEASE.:crying: I've done so well avoiding spoilers up to this point.
I've been messing around in Gimp for about the past hour trying to make a signature for myself, when I made this thing I thought I'd test as a new avatar c:
Ooh, neat. That's how I made my Tacticians I had in my avatar and sig for a while with the colored robes.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
All I really had in mind was doing this little mashup of some of the characters from Pokemon and FE seeing that they're my two favorite franchises and I'd throw in Falcon as well since I like him and F-Zero.

Here's the prototype I've got right now, but I still have a lot of work to do and I'm now second guessing it.

I'm starting to get the idea it's too cluttered and that I should replace F!Robin with Ike since I've already got Robin on there. My general idea was have a character I like to play paired up with a Pokemon. As I said though, I'm still working on it :p
2big

lemme fix

2.png

The size you see is all that my signature employs in two images. You get a little extra space to maybe throw some text at the bottom.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
GIMP is actually more difficult to use by all accounts, or at least different. However, for all intents, f you know your way around it you can achieve similar results. Just be prepared to do more work than you would in Photoshop some of the time.
Oh. Okay. I just want to learn how to fine crop until it's a fine edge. Also how to fix up the text in this gif I made
Fierce Deity Link.gif

STOP. FLASHING!!!!

Yes, PLEASE.:crying: I've done so well avoiding spoilers up to this point.

Happy to see I am not the only one who still needs to play XenoBlade :).

Also, Gtacidea, who is that on the right in your avatar next to Yarne? A orange hair Robin? It's a cute picture either way. :3

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Xenoblade talk? Why I popped in at just the right time :^)
The game is completely amazing and my favorite game ever; I could ramble on about it for days. However, to any of you who want to play it I have some extremely important advice.
Do not look up anything about the game, even if it seems so unimportant.
If you need help with a part or need to know something, ask someone who's played it. You'd be amazed how looking up a simple game mechanic can bring up a page or a picture of the biggest spoiler in the game. I know it sounds crazy, but trust me on this.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh. Okay. I just want to learn how to fine crop until it's a fine edge. Also how to fix up the text in this gif I made
Personally, I clear out as much as possible via color selection, then select all the dead space with a feather radius roughly proportional to the picture at hand - only a few pixels in any case, mind, but larger pictures could get 4 or 5, while smaller ones tend to only get 2 or so. I clear the whitespace until the edges look somewhat clean, and repeat if needed, then carry on when I like the result.

The gif, I'm not sure. GIMP is awkward for making gifs in the first place (for example, you can still see some artifacts in my signature if you look closely). I'd have to see the file.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I'm surprised that at 563 trophies, I have yet to encounter one that spoils Xenoblade's story. The only Xenoblade trophies I have are the "Shulk and His Companions" set, and Shulk's swim trunks.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm surprised that at 563 trophies, I have yet to encounter one that spoils Xenoblade's story. The only Xenoblade trophies I have are the "Shulk and His Companions" set, and Shulk's swim trunks.
Have you unlocked the (I think it's called) Mechonis trophy box? When you do, don't read a single trophy! Trust me!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
That's another thing. Some of the Xenoblade trophies spoil two of the biggest plot twists in the game, so be very careful with those as well. The ones in the Mechonis trophy box are the ones with spoilers

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
What the heck just happened when I was gone? Just read through the Zelda "Raid", and only was mildly upset at the Male MU bashing, then there was the hunger games thing again which I sort of want to be a part of, then a Xenoblade discussion which I glossed over because I have just got that game and haven't started to play yet.
Anyways trophies as that is the current topic of interest I suppose. How many Fire Emblem Trophies are there by the way? I got the standard Robin trophies, Lucina, Marth, then Inigo, and Validar. There has to be Chrom somewhere I guess. Who else is in the count?
I need to get some sleep.

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
What the heck just happened when I was gone? Just read through the Zelda "Raid", and only was mildly upset at the Male MU bashing, then there was the hunger games thing again which I sort of want to be a part of, then a Xenoblade discussion which I glossed over because I have just got that game and haven't started to play yet.
Anyways trophies. How many Fire Emblem Trophies are there by the way? I got the standard Robin trophies, Lucina, Marth, then Inigo, and Validar. There has to be Chrom somewhere I guess. Who else is in the count?
Just going off the ones I remember atm but; Lyn, Elincia, Sothe, Chrom. I know most of the Awakening characters were on the 3DS version like Owain, Anna, Gaius, Inigo, Tiki, I want to say Lissa but I can't remember if she was a trophy or not.

Edit: Going through the ones I have now and there are trophies of: Lon'qu, Cordelia, the Black Knight, and Lissa as well

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Personally, I clear out as much as possible via color selection, then select all the dead space with a feather radius roughly proportional to the picture at hand - only a few pixels in any case, mind, but larger pictures could get 4 or 5, while smaller ones tend to only get 2 or so. I clear the whitespace until the edges look somewhat clean, and repeat if needed, then carry on when I like the result.

The gif, I'm not sure. GIMP is awkward for making gifs in the first place (for example, you can still see some artifacts in my signature if you look closely). I'd have to see the file.
Yeah, I discovered that option, but the problem was, with the pictures I was editing, if I choose a colour, a certain amount of that colour would be on the object I am trying not to crop and if I did, it would make the finished project looks little fun. Does that make any sense?

Hm, well, do you know any good programs to make Gifs? I think @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A knows some.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I changed up my thing a bit to include Ike over my F!Robin, and made it a bit more compressed. Still feel like more work can be done, but I'm a bit too tired to work on it anymore tonight :/

sig1.2.png

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Yeah, I discovered that option, but the problem was, with the pictures I was editing, if I choose a colour, a certain amount of that colour would be on the object I am trying not to crop and if I did, it would make the finished project looks little fun. Does that make any sense?

Hm, well, do you know any good programs to make Gifs? I think @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A knows some.
You can click and drag up and down to set the tolerance during a specific selection. If the colors are too similar even then, my best suggestion is to erase a boundary of sorts manually, then try again.

I used to know a good, simple gif program, but I haven't used or seen it in years. If I come across another one I'll let you know.

Photoshop.
I never tried Photoshop's gif tools but I can't see them as being much different from GIMP in this regard.

That said, maybe it's better at the job nonetheless? I'll take your word for it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I never tried Photoshop's gif tools but I can't see them as being much different from GIMP in this regard.

That said, maybe it's better at the job nonetheless? I'll take your word for it.
I can't compare because I've never used GIMP. Photoshop has been the go-to tool for me.

And either way, I don't know if you're making gifs from scratch or anything. I use it to edit gifs(Chrom abuse gifs mainly).

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Photoshop.
This whole thing has just whole circled.

You can click and drag up and down to set the tolerance during a specific selection. If the colors are too similar even then, my best suggestion is to erase a boundary of sorts manually, then try again.

I used to know a good, simple gif program, but I haven't used or seen it in years. If I come across another one I'll let you know.
The colours have been to similar and I have had to erase the boundaries manually. It sucks.

Ok then, thanks, I'll keep looking as well :).

I can't compare because I've never used GIMP. Photoshop has been the go-to tool for me.

And either way, I don't know if you're making gifs from scratch or anything. I use it to edit gifs(Chrom abuse gifs mainly).
I just want to fix up my gif I posted early to stop the words from flashing and just stay has one picture like most gifs with words.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
None of them. Are any of them locked under the challenges?
Yes, there are several Xenoblade trophies that are locked under challenges and one of them, at least one that I remember, reveals a HUGE spoiler for players who've yet to finish or play the game. So if your going to play Xenoblade Chronicles anytime soon or are currently playing it, DO NOT complete all the challenges in Smash Wii U or you will be spoiled severally!

Shaymikyu

Yes, there are several Xenoblade trophies that are locked under challenges and one of them, at least one that I remember, reveals a HUGE spoiler for players who've yet to finish or play the game. So if your going to play Xenoblade Chronicles anytime soon or are currently playing it, DO NOT complete all the challenges in Smash Wii U or you will be spoiled severally!
So, is the whole trophy a spoiler, or just the description? I just want to be sure so I know if I should avoid it entirely or just the description.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So, is the whole trophy a spoiler, or just the description? I just want to be sure so I know if I should avoid it entirely or just the description.
I know the trophy of which Syrek speaks, unfortunately.

The whole trophy is a spoiler. The description just cements it.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Got it. Thanks for the warning. I will put off challenges until I play Xenoblade, then.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
It's really weird how they let those descriptions get deep into spoilers like that. Ruins some huge moments of the game too. :confused:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's really weird how they let those descriptions get deep into spoilers like that. Ruins some huge moments of the game too. :confused:
Don't forget in Brawl, Lucas's trophy, whom is a playable character mind you, spoiled the entirety of Mother 3...

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Don't forget in Brawl, Lucas's trophy, whom is a playable character mind you, spoiled the entirety of Mother 3...
Huh, did he now? I never looked up much of the Earthbound/Mother series because I never played the games, and I can't say that I was ever interested in doing so with their trophies. The more you know! :p

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Huh, did he now? I never looked up much of the Earthbound/Mother series because I never played the games, and I can't say that I was ever interested in doing so with their trophies. The more you know! :p
Well don't read if you don't want to be spoiled. Yeah, they ruined the two main plot points in the game...
Lucas
The younger of twin brothers living in Tazmily Village in the Nowhere Islands. He's a kind boy who can communicate with animals, but he's shy and never really got over the tragedy that struck his mother. He fights a warped dictatorship, hunts the Seven Needles, and crosses swords with his missing brother, Claus. In the end, the young boy with psychic PSI powers grows up.

D

Deleted member

I feel as if Robin shouldn't run out of moves, I'm aware it's Robin's gimmick, but it ends up hurting Robin's recovery options if you like to use jab. I also don't feel as if Robin's pros are that major to warrant the limited move usage, especially with Robin's flaws.

Other characters in Fire Emblem ran out of their equipment as well in the game, but they can use their moves as much as they wish. So it's just a bit odd to randomly do it for Robin.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Other characters in Fire Emblem ran out of their equipment as well in the game, but they can use their moves as much as they wish. So it's just a bit odd to randomly do it for Robin.
Funnily enough this is incorrect. Marth's Falchion, Lucina's Parallel Falchion, and Ike's Ragnell all have infinite durability in their respective games. Robin's weapons are the only ones that will eventually break of the four.

Hong

The Strongest
Purchased Xenoblade Chronicles about a year ago and was very much immersed into the game, but apparently I suck at playing the game as I'm continuously having to level grind for a while in order to progress in the game. Got too repetitive in my case and it's rather bothersome that I don't feel like continuing anymore... Should I just start out fresh from the beginning again? (I'm over 70 hours in)
And yeah, love the ost in this game as well.:love:
Goes to show how hard it is to balance a game.

For instance, for me, it was far too easy. I really wanted some kind of hard mode or way to crank my XP down.

Also, if you restart it, what if you just end up bowing out before you finish again? 70 hours is a lot.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
As someone who mostly plays RPGs now, 70 hours feels like chump change to me.

That's probably a bad thing.

Edit: Also, I thought I could let this go, but after thinking about it in the shower for like 30 minutes ima just say it.

If you think Xenoblade's soundtrack is 'only okay', I think you are pretty much OBJECTIVELY wrong.

I spent the entire shower trying to think of a soundtrack I like more or has a higher level of overall 'song quality' and couldn't do it.

There are a number of contenders, like the Radiant Dawn OST, the DKC Soundtracks, Golden Sun, Metal Gear, but I think you can't get a higher overall ratio of Amazing songs vs. meh songs. Large series like Final Fantasy, Mario, Zelda might let you get a higher NUMBER, but not a higher ratio.

Of the 91 songs on the soundtrack, I think..... probably 80% or more are fantastic. I listen to the soundtrack on a daily basis. The only ones I dislike are a few of the atmospheric themes for less interesting areas, like Fort Galahad or Inside the Bionis, and even then I can appreciate them within their context.

Like, people are entitled to their opinions and all, but I think that Xenoblade's soundtrack is as close to objectively amazing as you can get.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, I think the theme of Gaur Plain actually plays in Nintendo Heaven.
I heard the main theme of Xenoblade Chronicles X and it was okay, but compared to what I've heard from the first game, it's extremely lame.

I remember constantly hearing about how "Shulk needs to be in Smash just for the XC music" and so I listened to You Will Know Our Names to see what the fuss is about, and...I actually needed to reattach my face because it was blown away.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Wonderful. What challenges do I have to avoid?

Hong

The Strongest
FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME!
FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME!
FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME!
FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME!
FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME!

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Wonderful. What challenges do I have to avoid?
My apologizes. It seems I was incorrect when it came to a certain Xenoblade trophy being unlocked via challenges. It appears the one I'm thinking of can be obtained via the trophy shop so just stay away from there. Also, stay away from Smash Tour as that too unfortunately contains the dreaded MASSIVE spoiler trophy.

Hmmmm, surprising but not not entirely unexpected. As long as Nintendo continues to make games and dedicated systems for they're users, which they just announced they are since they also said they will be revealing a new dedicated gaming platform next year, codename is NX, then I'm all for them gaining more revenue from the mobile market. Plus, they're using the mobile market to bring more awareness of they're IP's and brands, so that's always a good thing. It seems to me like they are leveraging the mobile market correctly, unlike what some other companies have been doing. :p

Top Bottom