• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
If I have 2 girls, I'm dead set on naming them Lucina and Robin. c': /nerd
Well then I guess were both nerds then cause I'd do the same thing. ^w^ Milady Sanae, my infatuation for you continues to grow due to this new development. :3 <3

If you want your child to be destined for failure, name them Zelda :troll:

Btw, top 3DS games:
1. Fire Emblem Awakening
2. Fire Emblem Awakening
3. Fire Emblem Awakening
4. Fire Emblem Awakening
5. Kid Icarus: Uprising

:')
Probably the best list I've seen thus far. :awesome:

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
...I only have 4 3DS games.:4pacman:
Well, either way, I'm going to order them.

1. Fire Emblem Awakening
2. Bravely Default
3. Super Smash Bros 4
4. Pokemon X

What? This stuff is expensive.:sadsheep:

@ S Syrek , you are indeedly trying to compete with @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy and @ender_idk, right?:4pacman:
I'm not complaining, though.
No joke, that is literally the same as my 3DS library right now with the exact same order as well. Well technically, I also borrowed KH 3DS from a friend but let's just count the games I do own.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
If/when I have a baby girl, I plan on naming her Rita. It sounds like a pretty and exotic name. If I were to have a boy, I'd probably just name him Steven. Sometimes I wonder if I could get away with pulling the weeb card by naming my child Ruby or Xinnia.

lol, I've already got baby names in line, and I'm still single. =P
tumblr_nbb53zMnu01tkpnm9o1_400.png

I'm living the single life as well and I too have started thinking up baby names. It feels odd.:ohwell:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm staying far away from any babies.

If I have one I'm gonna name her Accident.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Okey dokey. My top 11 3DS games. Why top 11? Because I like to go one step beyond.

1. Fire Emblem Awakening
2. Tomodachi Life
3. Bravely Default
4. Kirby: Triple Deluxe
5. Super Mario 3D World
6. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
7. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
8. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
9. Super Smash Bros for 3DS
10. Kid Icarus: Uprising
11. Pokémon X

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hm, haven't missed too much it seems

Top 5 3ds games

1. Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3ds
2. Super Smash Bro 3ds
3. Fire Emblem Awakening
4. Kid Icarus Uprising
5. Etrain Odyssey 4

Fund it.

I don't see the big deal really.

If I ever had a son, I'd name him Johnathan.

I like that name.
If in the future I have a son, i would like to name him Link. :) #Fanboy

If I have 2 girls, I'm dead set on naming them Lucina and Robin. c': /nerd
That is actually a really awesome idea and super cute :3.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Fantastic news, everyone! The Paper Mario TTYD leak was confirmed fake! Now, if you excuse me...
Please don't go hurt yourself over this. It's just a leak.

View attachment 44573

Why must the world hurt me so?

Why must people do these things?

I am afflicted with various sad emotions...

(I didn't put too much faith into it honestly, but it's still saddening to hear it's a fake)
Never believe leaks, and you'll never be disappointed when it comes out that they're fake.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
You know, people legitimately wanted to send death threats to Artsy Omni over the Rayman leak.
WHY?!
WHY, GOD WHY?!
Why do people believe every stupid thing that comes out of the internet as true? And then, when it comes out as FALSE (as most of the time this stuff is) declare militant Jihads over it?! My God! Has there ever been a "leak" that has been TRUE?! And wasn't just dumb luck? Not that I can think of (I'm open to being proved wrong), but almost every time a "leak" comes out on Youtube, it's proven false! Because the guy who made it fesses up, or some piece of information comes out from a legitimate source (for example: the people who MADE the game) that proves it wrong!

Play an MMO for 5 years! You will never believe another "leak" in your life! It will save you a great deal of consternation!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
My God! Has there ever been a "leak" that has been TRUE?! And wasn't just dumb luck?
The ESRB leak that showed Duck Hunt, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr and Doctor Mario was real.

Gematsu was real up until Robin brought the thunder(but still predicted Shulk right afterwards).

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
WHY?!
WHY, GOD WHY?!
Why do people believe every stupid thing that comes out of the internet as true? And then, when it comes out as FALSE (as most of the time this stuff is) declare militant Jihads over it?! My God! Has there ever been a "leak" that has been TRUE?! And wasn't just dumb luck? Not that I can think of (I'm open to being proved wrong), but almost every time a "leak" comes out on Youtube, it's proven false! Because the guy who made it fesses up, or some piece of information comes out from a legitimate source (for example: the people who MADE the game) that proves it wrong!

Play an MMO for 5 years! You will never believe another "leak" in your life! It will save you a great deal of consternation!
Eh, there's always going to exist people like that. You shouldn't get too worked over this kind of thing.
At the end of the day, it was only temporary rage, the kind that happens in internet the all the time, and most already let go of that, if Omni lastest video acceptance and popularity (and even hype for seeing other characters?) is anything to go by.
and he could smashify Isaac next

At the end of the day, I say it's alright to look forward or even get a bit excited over a leak, but be aware of the possibilities of it being fake, always. It's only truth if whatever company that hold it's ip confirms it.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'm living the single life as well and I too have started thinking up baby names. It feels odd.:ohwell:
Your not alone in that regard, my friend. I think it happens to most of us once were a year or two into adulthood, although some think about such matters either FAR into the future or WAY earlier than they should. :p Honestly, you shouldn't feel odd when it comes to thinking up baby names at your age, at least that's how I feel. Just know that one day you'll S-Support with someone IRL and those baby names you came with will carry more meaning to them because of how much thought you put into them. I'm certain your significant other would value such forward thinking, especially at your age, regardless of if you were single at the time when you came up with the names. So hold your head up high, Delta Fist because your dedication to your children's names is a good sign of you being an amazing father one day. ^w^

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Club Nintendo logic:
*Tries to register Super Mario Galaxy 2* This product's registration has expired
*Registers Super Mario Galaxy* Survey appears

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
WHY?!
WHY, GOD WHY?!

Are you really questioning that?

If you want to truly see how dumb the human race is, just look outside or at politics.

Humans are just dumb.

Your not alone in that regard, my friend. I think it happens to most of us once were a year or two into adulthood, although some think about such matters either FAR into the future or WAY earlier than they should. :p Honestly, you shouldn't feel odd when it comes to thinking up baby names at your age, at least that's how I feel. Just know that one day you'll S-Support with someone IRL and those baby names you came with will carry more meaning to them because of how much thought you put into them. I'm certain your significant other would value such forward thinking, especially at your age, regardless of if you were single at the time when you came up with the names. So hold your head up high, Delta Fist because your dedication to your children's names is a good sign of you being an amazing father one day. ^w^

That was some life changing advice there Syrek. :)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
WHY?!
WHY, GOD WHY?!

If you want proof of true leaks just take a look at the past 3-4 Assassin's Creed games. It's extremely rare for a Nintendo leak to be true so I'm always skeptical about those. I was even skeptical about the ESRB footage leak. :p

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Following from my last post i decided to make a Club Nintendo Account to get Mewtwo (late i know :psycho: ) and decide to register a bunch of 3DS and Wii U games as well as some of my old Wii and DS games and managed to snag myself 650 coins.
Now i'm in the process of making the decision to buy either:
- Wonderful 101
- Earthbound, Super Metroid and Golden Sun

What would you guys choose? :confused:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Following from my last post i decided to make a Club Nintendo Account to get Mewtwo (late i know :psycho: ) and decide to register a bunch of 3DS and Wii U games as well as some of my old Wii and DS games and managed to snag myself 650 coins.
- Wonderful 101

Golden Sun is the correct option (are both available? if so, you should get both)

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
On the earlier SSE topic- I had mixed feelings on it. I love the cutscenes, and I enjoyed the levels at first, but there's not much replay value to it. Plus, the end part being a retread of the previous bosses was obnoxious. I was actually hoping that SSB4 would seize the potential in SSE and iron out its flaws... Ha ha, silly me.
Since the 3DS is now 4 years old, I'd like everyone who wants to participate to list they're top ten 3DS games, or top five if you so desire. I'll kick things off with my top ten 3DS games in no particular order.

1. Fire Emblem: Awakening
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (Yes, I know the game isn't out yet, but the original was one of my favourite games of all time. ^w^)
3. Kid Icarus: Uprising
4. Bravely Default
5. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
6. Pokemon ORAS
7. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
8. Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
9. Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright
10. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
I've only played a few 3DS games so far, so I'll just list the ones I've played in order of how much I like them.
1. Fire Emblem: Awakening
2. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
3. Pokémon Omega Ruby (and by extension Alpha Sapphire)
4. Pokémon X (and Y)
5. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (amazing game, and I'd probably put it over X/Y, but I'm no good at keeping up my town)

I also have OoT 3DS, but I'm not far enough in it to really rank it. I'd put it between the two Pokémons, probably.

And this list is subject to change in two weeks or so. I wonder why...:4shulk: And no, I haven't played the original Wii game.

Also hoping to eventually get Bravely Default, as it also sounds like a game I'd adore.
- Wonderful 101

EARTHBOUND, EARTHBOUND, AND EARTHBOUND. ALL THE EARTHBOUND.

I've heard good things about Super Metroid and Golden Sun too, though.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

That was one of the most beautiful and motivational things anyone has said to me personally. Now I can see what Wintropy get's so gung ho about you at times; you're such a charming gentleman.

(Bonus points for using the best dad in anime)

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Left a post I had yet to complete here

- Wonderful 101

Wonderful 101 is a pretty niche game with (I heard) fairly awkward controls and it's often compared to Pikmin in playstyle to put it on contrast with something. It's probably a good game, but not one for everyone. I haven't played it so I can't comment on it.
Of the latter I can easily recommend Super Metroid as I think it's a fantastic game, whereas I couldn't get into Golden Sun despite enjoying RPGs of its kind, and I've never played Earthbound.
If you want to look at it more objectively, I think the last 3 would cost around 28$ (if they aren't on sale) all together whereas W101 jumps from 20 to 30 bucks normally, but this is just taking into account USA prices, it's probably pricier in Mexico, and I've no idea of the rarity of WiiU games against eshop cards.
The latter probably holds more overall content and variety, but there's always some satisfaction when you get a full retail game for free.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Oh well i opted for Wonderful 101 in the end, i mean everything else can be emulated anyway :4dedede:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
D

Deleted member

I had a feeling the leak was fake. Thank god I didn't set my expectations high... the leak looked pretty fishy as well.
I just hope Nintendo will take it into consideration. It's less of "TTYD is portable!" and more of the fact that Paper Mario needs a redemption after Sticker Star.

My God! Has there ever been a "leak" that has been TRUE?! And wasn't just dumb luck?
The ESRB Leak
The leak was first stated by another user who said the Ice Climbers and the rest were cut and said that Shulk, Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt Dog, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario will be playable. It also mentioned that Shulk would have Monado modes, Bowser Jr. would fight in his Koopa Clown Car, and that Alph would be an alternate costume for Olimar. The leak was discredited as people found it to be "nonsense."
Then someone edited an image showcasing unseen character portraits in a 4Chan post (including those of the newcomers who weren't revealed after Robin) and X'd out several veterans and left a question mark over Mewtwo (meaning he was planned for DLC at this point).
More images surfaced of the character select screen, stages, and Shulk fighting. Some people dismissed these for the text being different, the fact that Shulk looked a bit similar to Ike's neutral attack pose, the fact that Wario was "cross-eyed," Mr. Game & Watch blending into Wario's portrait, claiming Dr. Mario's portrait was one a fan made, the amount of old stages, and said that Shulk's portrait was a "photoshopped Little Mac."
Finally, videos surfaced showcasing Shulk and Bowser Jr. The videos were removed by Nintendo for copyright reasons. Later, there were more images from the ESRB leak, showing those that could raise the rating (such as trophies of Candy Kong, Phosphora, and Tharja's removed trophy and references to religion like the Devil Car).
The leak was nearly confirmed to be real when Shulk was confirmed, where his gameplay and his portrait matched that of the leak's. A day before the game's release in Japan, the leak was confirmed to be real as the whole roster was shown from the leak.

I mean, there have been legitimate leaks, but we need to be more careful about these now. I doubt we will get something as real as the ESRB leak.

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I mean, there have been legitimate leaks, but we need to be more careful about these now. I doubt we will get something as real as the ESRB leak.
Another ESRB leak actually seems the most likely candidate for a legitimate leak, and probably one of the few channels where it's likely at all.

Say what you will, Ninty is usually good at keeping their **** wrapped up so tight nobody catches a hint of it.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

That was one of the most beautiful and motivational things anyone has said to me personally. Now I can see what Wintropy get's so gung ho about you at times; you're such a charming gentleman.

(Bonus points for using the best dad in anime)
Delta-chan.......thank you so much for the incredibly kind remarks. <3 I meant every word of what I wrote, good sir and I'm very pleased to hear that what I said resonated within you in a positive way. Your an awesome guy, Delta and your words are just further proof of what I said to you earlier. So please, keep on striving to be you, the best of you, always. ^_^

Last edited:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Fantastic news, everyone! The Paper Mario TTYD leak was confirmed fake! Now, if you will excuse me...
Unsurprising, but saddening to hear.

Lousy's Favorite 3DS games

1. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
3. Kid Icarus Uprising
4. Fire Emblem Awakening
5. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
6. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
7. Kirby Triple Deluxe
8. Pokemon Y
9. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
10. Harmo-Knight & Shovel Knight

Honorable Mention: Codename S.T.E.A.M (haven't played enough of it to actually place it)

Likely To Be On The Top 10: Story of Seasons, Resident Evil Revelations (haven't played the later)

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Fantastic news, everyone! The Paper Mario TTYD leak was confirmed fake! Now, if you will excuse me...
I wasn't that psyched for it thank goodness. It is a shame, however.
- Wonderful 101

Thee amount of coins you're gonna miss out on since play surveys aren't received right away... If you do however manage to get a bunch of play surveys by the end of the month and got enough coins, get Earthbound. (If your into RPGs)
The 3DS version has an updated translation (no more blind-idiot JfA grammar/"the miracle never happen"), the ability to play in Japanese, and the redrawn iOS graphics, but no changes to the actual games, so if you already have them somewhere else, it may not be worth it. It was on sale on the eShop until recently, but it's gone back up in price now.
----
In other news, I just played F-Zero GX for the first time in ages. Probably a bad idea to go straight in with the snaking (gawds, the paaaaaiiin), but I did beat my previous record around Mute City 1: 0'53''539, with all three laps under 20 seconds, best lap of 0'15''621, and top speed of 2910 km/h. I'm sure I can knock another second or two off that though, maybe even get it down to a round 50.

Edit: just did 0'51''889. I AM FEELING IT :4shulk:
Good to know! The iOS one was so poorly done... So glad I didn't purchase all 3 there.
And congrates! I still need to master snaking in GX...

Probably my favorite arrangement of Cornered!

Something Robin related: Well, I barely learned that Robin's 3rd down special is goetia.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Golden Sun is the correct option (are both available? if so, you should get both)
It would seem as though we have reached an impasse in our relationship, good sir.

The latter option I will agree to, though. :3

No, if you excuse ME, I'm gonna go sob in the corner.
;_;
Be strong for us.

Let all the wolfie tears out, bra, and be strong.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
My condolences for the confirmed fake leak. Even if it is the internet, sometimes you just can't help but get hopeful.

Top 5 Nintendo 3DS Games -
1) Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
2) Super Smash Bros.
3) Pokemon Y
4) Ocarina of Time
5) Super Mario 3D Land

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Being honest, I'd be a lot more hype for a 3DS Paper Mario game that isn't Sticker Star.

I've already played TTYD to death, and while it would be massively hype to see a remake IN THREE GLORIOUS DIMENSIONS, a proper sequel would make me explode.

Top Bottom