• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So some staggering coincidence has occurred IRL.

My Psychology teacher just now told us of her pregnancy.

Guess what she wants to name the child that is confirmed a girl.

Lucina.
After naming her fist child, a boy, Morgan.

:happysheep:
Pics or it didn't happen :kappa:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I almost find that a lie, considering how uncommon Lucina is..
Believe what you will, she's never touched a video game.

Though her son knows Mario and all that. I've met her son myself and can confirm he doesn't know what Fire Emblem is.

So still coincidence.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Syrek is so cute.

Have this baby Yarne

Now this thread is overrun with cuteness.:happysheep:
A BABY YARNE!?!? SQUUUUUUUEEEEEEEE!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :happysheep: :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

Your far too kind, m'lady. I'm just being myself, but thank you for the wonderful compliment and that adorable pic. ^w^

By the way, your pretty cute as well. ;)

So some staggering coincidence has occurred IRL.

My Psychology teacher just now told us of her pregnancy.

Guess what she wants to name the child that is confirmed a girl.

Lucina.
After naming her fist child, a boy, Morgan.

Sounds like your teacher has excellent taste in names. :3 I approve whole heartily!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Incase it might surprise ya, the school I attend ATM is called Lucina Hagmann's.

Though TBH, it never makes me think of Lucina... I mean, the actual person the school got it's name from from looks like this:

On SSE, I wish we got an actual Smash Bros RPG-game. Preferably with character interaction a plenty and some cross off Smash bros's battlefield-based fighting system combined wall breaker gameplay from Namco X Capcom and Project X Zone.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Funny thing is that everyone here seems to love Subspace Emissary.
Even outside ths thread i see people praising it now that is gone.
Yet back when Brawl came out it was bashed to no end with people saying that it wasn't well fleshed out, took much development time, was really bland, etc...
I guess that could be extended to Brawl in general now though, i guess we could call it the Smash cycle :4dedede:
I actually still don't like Subspace that much.
Gameplay-wise, there's a lot of wasted potential. I wouldn't want to replay it.

But the Boss battles and Cutscenes where awesome.
I'd say it would've been a good basis to expand upon. Up the enemy variety in the same way they did for Smash run, add more cutscenes, maybe even dialogue between the characters that do talk.
Maybe do something interesting with the lives system. Maybe have the starting roster be limited, and every now and again you would stumble upon a way to rescue a character, adding him/her/it to the stock count.

There's a lot of cool things they could do.

But the thing I'd want to see the most is character interaction. Just have them do something that isn't fighting.
Since the 3DS is now 4 years old, I'd like everyone who wants to participate to list they're top ten 3DS games, or top five if you so desire.
1. Fire Emblem: Awakening (How could I not put it here?)
2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Asking the question: Why not make grinding fun by letting every fight be a boss fight?)
3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds (Technicly I like MM3D more but ALbW is very well made and doesn't have years of nostalgia behind it's back)
4. Tales of the Abyss (Jade!
)
8. Bravely Default (Old School RPG goodness)
5. Kid Icarus: Uprising (If only you had decent controls...)
6. Super Smash Bros 4 3DS (If only you wheren't mostly made obsolete by the WiiU version...)
7. Mario Kart 7 (Not amazing, but still a good entry in the series)
8. Theathrythm Curtain Call: Final Fantasy (Surprisingly addicting... also, Uematsu!
)
9. Pokémon X/Y (great game, lengthy story mode, sadly no post game)
10. Lylat Wars 3D/Ocarina of Time 3D/Majora's Mask 3D (All of which are collected at number 10 due to being remakes.)

Not counting Cave Story or Shovel Knight, since they are multiplatform. Though they both would rank very high.
This whole album is amazing - a bunch of remixes of tracks from the first game.
I love pretty much all the Ace Attorney music.
It really helped from keeping the burnout in check when I played Pheonix Wright 2 right after 1.
Have this baby Yarne

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This whole album is amazing - a bunch of remixes of tracks from the first game.
They did a pretty impressive job with the remix! It's absolutely incredible! :eek:

Believe what you will, she's never touched a video game.

Though her son knows Mario and all that. I've met her son myself and can confirm he doesn't know what Fire Emblem is.

So still coincidence.
It's a pretty major one...
Lucina is a pretty uncommon name, but it's apparently a real one... (I didn't know that until now)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucina_(goddess)
In ancient Roman religion and myth, Lucina was the goddess of childbirth who safeguarded the lives of women in labour. Lucina was also an epithet for Juno. The name was generally taken to mean "she who brings children into the light" (Latin: lux, lucis, "light"), but may actually have been derived from lucus ("grove") after a sacred grove of lotus trees on the Esquiline Hill associated with the goddess.
"she who brings children into the light" - hence where they took the name from in the game.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
My favorite Cornered! track is Petunia Under Attack.

As for top 3DS games?

1) FE: Awakening (at the very least, it's the one I keep coming back to over and over)
2) Link Between Worlds
3) Kirby Triple Deluxe
4) Shin Megami Tensei IV
5) Pokemon Omega Ruby
6) Kid Icarus Uprising
7) Super Mario 3D Land

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Lucina is a pretty uncommon name, but it's apparently a real one... (I didn't know that until now)
Which is why, adding on to the fact that she's never played a video game, that it took me by surprise.

Peers said I looked outright astonished when she declared it when they were all like "eh, sure".

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Dang I missed quite a bit.

When it comes to each of the Smash games, it's hard for me to day a definitive best; each one had their own strengths and weaknesses. Smash 4 is my favorite of the bunch because I love the refined mechanics and amazing roster, but its single player offerings are just atrocious imo. Still doesn't really damper the fun I've had online with friends, which is the biggest improvement. While I'm not a fan of Subspace, I would really take another deep campaign like that again, or even Melee's adventure mode, over the stupid Orders and Smash Run/Tour. Speaking of the 3DS mode, it would've been moderately decent if there was an online option, but as it is, it's completely useless.

Favorite Subspace moment? Other than Lucario's hilarious encounter with Snake (because peeps already mentioned it), it's when Ike wrecks that Subspace Bomb with Aether, with Eternal Bond playing in the background.

Now for top 3DS games:
  1. Fire Emblem Awakening
  2. Kid Icarus Uprising
  3. Pokémon Omega Ruby
  4. Donkey Kong Country Returns
  5. Gunman Clive
  6. Super Smash Bros for 3DS
  7. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
  8. Tomodachi Life
  9. Pushmo
  10. Bravely Default
This list will most likely be updated once I've finished Codename STEAM and Sakura Samurai, and possibly Persona Q when I'm done with 4.

For Alts here's what I want:
:4charizard: and :4lucario:: Shiny forms
:4fox:: Any of his past looks that isn't from Command, especially from Assault and/or Adventures; gawds, do I hate his current design.
:4ganondorf:: Fat Ganondorf from Wind Waker, or his gloriousness from Hyrule Warriors
:4myfriends:: His younger build from Path of Radiance, with the lord promotion, or Vanguard from Radiant Dawn
:4link:: Adopt his OoT design from Melee
:4lucina:: Yukata from the DLC, or more color variations. Like I mentioned several pages back, I would love to see one of Titania's colors, or other FE ladies not from Awakening.
:4luigi:: Mr. L
:4marth:: His FE1 design
:4mii:: More outfits plz
:4robinm:: More color variations, would love to see Soren's and Micaiah's colors.

Everyone should really have the option to be bare like a certain wielder of the Monado, so all the Smashers can be really feeling it! :4shulk:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I almost find that a lie, considering how uncommon Lucina is..
It's not that uncommon where I live Oo (albeit, Lucia is the more popular variant) and it was a pretty popular name in the late's nineteenth century. My great-grandmother was called Lucina, and she was from Italy, I think.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I liked it overall; Blackquill was great (the main prosecutor needs to be a strong character), and I like Apollo more after DD than I did in AJ. The cases and overall quality of the writing were what mainly let it down in my opinion - the witnesses weren't as funny or memorable, the killer in case 3 was obvious the moment they appeared. Especially the second case - that one is right down at the bottom with the circus case from JfA and case 2 from AJ (and even those had a few decent moments).

I already had my rant on AJ here, and while I probably have a more favourable opinion of ME1 than most, it's still not that great. Those two meant I went into DD with fairly low expectations (hadn't played GK2 at that point, which is far better than any of those three), so I was pleasantly surprised, but I noticed the parts I disliked much more readily.

I was pretty indifferent about the voice acting for the most part. Edgeworth's was awful though - completely the wrong guy for the job. Not sure how much of that I could listen to if they went Awakening-style with the voice acting, and full voice acting would probably have made me mute the final case :p

The soundtrack was awesome, though - one of, if not the strongest in the series.
Fully agreed on the points of Trucy and Apollos relationship, Phoenix overall personality and the defendant of the 2nd case (god damn I hated that brat you had to defend), I have a lot more of complaints against the game, but I had a bias towards AJ even before playing, there was just something about it that gave me the wrong vibes and I was right
Edgeworth voice in AA5 was atrocious, even my girlfriend (as much of a fangirl as she is for him) was disgusted with what they gave him

And the soundtrack in DD was indeed awesome, probably only 2nd to the first game if you ask me, the game as a whole just had great production values.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What about the husband?
Neither does he. Their knowledge of video games goes as far as Mario, Sonic, and some of Pokemon by virtue of the son.

So no, they don't know. And the son doesn't have Awakening either.

Extreme coincidence, I swear.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
A friend of mine named her first daughter Anna, and unless she's changed her mind, she's naming her second child Robin.

Not a coincidence though, she and her husband know about Fire Emblem. Could you imagine though?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
A friend of mine named her first daughter Anna, and unless she's changed her mind, she's naming her second child Robin.

Not a coincidence though, she and her husband know about Fire Emblem. Could you imagine though?
Well that's an awesome couple there.

Elezir

I think it's nice when people name their children after movies/books/video games.
The name had some meaning to the parents, so it's better than saying "it sounds good", imo (I don't have anything against this kind of thing, mind you).
and who doesn't want to be named after :4robinm:
Also, if I remember right, Zelda Williams was named after :4zelda:, too.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I won't lie, I have considered naming my firstborn Robin.

Only if its a girl though. My family has a tradition of naming the first son in the new generation Robert, so if the firstborn is a boy, he's getting that name. But if the firstborn's a girl, I was wanting to stick with the "Rob" prefix, and Robin/Robyn is perfect for that.

lol, I've already got baby names in line, and I'm still single. =P

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I wanted to call my firstborn daughter Snowie, but my family vetoed it.

Contingency plan remains Sophie~ :3

Elezir

Well, where I live Robin would be extremely unusual for a female's name, since it's not really unisex here as it's in English.
So, only if it's a male. and even so, the name's still a bit unusual.
As for female, Lucina wouldn't be unusual at all.

D

Deleted member

If I have 2 girls, I'm dead set on naming them Lucina and Robin. c': /nerd

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I need to find a girl friend and get married before I start worrying about kids' names.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
If I ever had a child I might want to name them after my favourite video game character, but I would fear having to explain that to the child.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
My top 10 3DS games?
1. Fire Emblem: Awakening
2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
3. Kirby Triple Deluxe
4. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
5. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
6. Super Mario 3D Land
7. A Link Between Worlds
8. DKCR 3D
9. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
10. Pokemon Omega Ruby

I dunno if putting DKCR is considered cheating. I would have put in the Ace Attorney Trilogy, but I dunno if that is considered cheating as well and I am just on the first game. I'm enjoying it so far! I am currently on the fourth chapter of the first game (Turnabout Goodbyes).
BTW, Pursuit ~ Cornered is amazing.
Ah! Good to hear you're man!! :D

Er...is it worth getting the Ace Attorney Trilogy even if I've already finished the first 2 games and partially started in T&T? (Tried playing T&T on iOS, but it doesn't sit right with me..) If the game is on a discount sometime, I'll like to get it.

Not to turn this into an Ace Attorney discussion thread, but I swear I go back and forth with Dual Destinies all the time. I definitely like it and I love Athena and Simon, but looking back at the cases, they really feel...off for the series standard, I don't dislike them like those in Apollo Justice and most of the first Miles Edgeworth, but they are far from reaching the same spots as the most of the cases in the original trilogy. When I first played it, it was my favorite 3DS game, but now I definitely notice a lot more of its writing faults (not to forget they really missed an opportunity with the 3DS carts not using more voice acting, even if it didn't end up being that great, I feel some more time getting used to the characters could have given at least a slightly better outcome.
DD cases felt off for me as well. Still enjoyable. (Is to tried and lazy to type all my thoughts about it)

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
If you want your child to be destined for failure, name them Zelda :troll:

Btw, top 3DS games:
1. Fire Emblem Awakening
2. Fire Emblem Awakening
3. Fire Emblem Awakening
4. Fire Emblem Awakening
5. Kid Icarus: Uprising

:')

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Er...is it worth getting the Ace Attorney Trilogy even if I've already finished the first 2 games and partially started in T&T? (Tried playing T&T on iOS, but it doesn't sit right with me..) If the game is on a discount sometime, I'll like to get it.
The 3DS version has an updated translation (no more blind-idiot JfA grammar/"the miracle never happen"), the ability to play in Japanese, and the redrawn iOS graphics, but no changes to the actual games, so if you already have them somewhere else, it may not be worth it. It was on sale on the eShop until recently, but it's gone back up in price now.
----
In other news, I just played F-Zero GX for the first time in ages. Probably a bad idea to go straight in with the snaking (gawds, the paaaaaiiin), but I did beat my previous record around Mute City 1: 0'53''539, with all three laps under 20 seconds, best lap of 0'15''621, and top speed of 2910 km/h. I'm sure I can knock another second or two off that though, maybe even get it down to a round 50.

Edit: just did 0'51''889. I AM FEELING IT :4shulk:

Last edited:
Top Bottom