• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
I as well appreciate @Moydow's knowledge of the series, and its quirks.

More possible death conditions that you may or may not already have:
A triangle attack where three users team up on one.
User is flying somewhere on their pegasus and they are shot by a ballista from the other side of the map.
User tried to get away but Ally Units took up all the pathable tiles.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I know who 3-13 Archer is.

He's someone who doesn't live up to the hype in my copy of RD. He just gets mauled anyway.

I call hax....or would this be proper programming?
I mean, you clearly know, but to get your cookie you have to show your work. I don't give partial points.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
But how can I show my work if my method of answering the question, based on personal experience, comes out to a different answer than the teacher's, even though both are correct?

:V

Hong

The Strongest
But how can I show my work if my method of answering the question, based on personal experience, comes out to a different answer than the teacher's, even though both are correct?

Did he really fail to block the ledge for you? Interesting. Wonder what kind of action ended up with this outcome.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I as well appreciate @Moydow's knowledge of the series, and its quirks.

More possible death conditions that you may or may not already have:
A triangle attack where three users team up on one.
User is flying somewhere on their pegasus and they are shot by a ballista from the other side of the map.
User tried to get away but Ally Units took up all the pathable tiles.
Enemy reinforcements appear from a bush and kill the one guy you're trying to give experience to
CxSqjAo.png

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Faulty interpretation of the question.

'why they are significant' implies that I am seeking the answer pertaining to the mythos of the character, not to your experience.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Time to draw upon my wealth of Fire Emblem experience:

FE7

<User> could not stand up to Batta the Beast, even on normal difficulty.
<User> died to Glass. The gods feared his name.
<User> forgot that Myrmidon had a Killing Edge. That ended poorly.
<User> spent 400 turns grinding in the Arena and died to a 1% crit in the last battle.
<User> hit 'Attack' instead of 'Talk' next to Fargus. MOONCALVES.
<User> was afflicted by Berserk. <User 2> <User3> .... <User N> died in the resulting carnage.
<User> (@#HBC | Ryker ) did not bring enough door keys to Pale Flower of Darkness. He was unable to complete the game.
<User> aggro'd UberSpear!Vaida.
<User> forgot which of those Berserkers had the Swordslayer. Oops.

FE8

I honestly don't have all that much for FE8. Pretty hard to **** up that badly on a relatively easy game.

<User> found themselves awake on the Phantom Ship. Uh oh.

FE9

<User> forgot the Black Knight will use his full movement range and was BUTTDEVASTATED by Eclipse.

More will come to me later, I'm sure.

Hong

The Strongest
I just need attention to fill the hollowness of my Wee heart and this Wee... man.
View attachment 42981
There you go again.

What are you saying? My attention is not enough for you? :107:
FE8

I honestly don't have all that much for FE8. Pretty hard to **** up that badly on a relatively easy game.
Seth noticed the blade concealed in <User>'s doublet, and ran them through on the spot for their treachery.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Yeah, that's something like what I had in mind. I might try and work them in tomorrow if I have time.

For now, though:

Book 2: The Revengeance of Gheb and Excellus
View attachment 42972

I don't even know how that happened. I was tempted to drop it and run another one, but oh well.
It would seem the RNG Goddess favours @The Soulless One over myself. Figures given how crappy my luck is in Awakening. :p

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Yeah, that's something like what I had in mind. I might try and work them in tomorrow if I have time.

For now, though:

View attachment 42972

I don't even know how that happened. I was tempted to drop it and run another one, but oh well.
You didn't want me to win again, so you took me out first. Darn you for breaking the fourth wall! :c

Also, how about getting run over by boulders from 9/10?
Pop quiz!

First person to tell me who the 3-13 archer is and why they are significant gets an internet cookie.

If you google it, I'll be disappointed in you.
3-13 Archer always has my back if Edward or Leonardo didn't kill those reinforcements. :seuss:

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, it has been an hour and nobody gave me a completely satisfactory answer.

I'll just leave this stale cookie here I guess.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
It's done. Let the FE Hunger Games begin!

Book 1: First Come, First Killed

View attachment 42896

There was a huge argument among the writers of the FE12 translation patch over what the character now known as Belf should be called. Vergil was one of the suggestions. It didn't go down well with some people. It's since become something of a recurring joke among the fandom.
But I like Gheb and Excelleus.

D

Deleted member

For now, though:

View attachment 42972

Thank you @ Raziek Raziek for helping me feed my bloodlust.~

And I finally got to kill some people.

I must feed more.~

Hong

The Strongest
To explain to the others:

For those who haven't played the Tellius games, you had AI comrades known as "Allies". You couldn't control them directly, but if you wanted you can give them orders like "Roam" or "Avoid" or whatever. They took their turn after the player.

One such Ally is the fabled 3-13 Archer (who is actually a Sniper). He appears in part 3, chapter 13 of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, of which you control the Dawn Brigade and fight a bunch of laguz. After his ballista runs out of ammo, he'll get tired of all this laguz bull****, get off of his ballista, climb down the ledge, and single-handedly defeat ranks upon ranks of sub-human scum while blocking one of the ledges leading upward (you can climb up/down ledges in this game). IIRC, if the laguz do get up and attack him, the nearby allied healer will keep him alive forever.

Unless the player specifically does something to either allow laguz up too soon or gives their allies a command, this will happen 100% of the time. Hence, many players can recount the events of the 3-13 Archer... As if he constantly fulfills the prophecy and relives his destiny in an infinite amount life-times.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

For those who haven't played the Tellius games, you had AI comrades known as "Allies". You couldn't control them directly, but if you wanted you can give them orders like "Roam" or "Avoid" or whatever. They took their turn after the player.

One such Ally is the fabled 3-13 Archer (who is actually a Sniper). He appears in part 3, chapter 13 of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, of which you control the Dawn Brigade and fight a bunch of laguz. After his ballista runs out of ammo, he'll get tired of all this laguz bull****, get off of his ballista, climb down the ledge, and single-handedly defeat ranks upon ranks of sub-human scum while blocking one of the ledges leading upward (you can climb up/down ledges in this game). IIRC, if the laguz do get up and attack him, the nearby allied healer will keep him alive forever.

Unless the player specifically does something to either allow laguz up too soon or gives their allies a command, this will happen 100% of the time. Hence, many players can recount the events of the 3-13 Archer... As if he constantly fulfills the prophecy and relives his destiny in an infinite amount life-times.
Which part was this again? Is it where the Dawn Brigade vs. The Greil Mercenaries?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yep! Defence map where you control the Dawn Brigade VS the Greil Merenaries and an army of laguz.
Yeah, I thought I was the only one that knew about that Archer! If I wouldn't have been so stubborn I could have got that cookie!!! :urg:

Hong

The Strongest
As long as it's not as stale as Internet Explorer...
Indeed! You deserve more!

I shall commission Sumia to bake you a thousand cookies.

Though she only knows how to bake pies...

But they must be cookies. Thus, she will make you a thousand cookies made from pie crust.

Which are totally not pastries.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I actually gave my allies a command for a part of that chapter, but I did get the archer of 3-13 to be somewhat destructive like the legends foretold. After what had happened to my allies charging in head first from Elincia's gambit chapter at 2-E, I didn't trust the allies on Roam very much. At certain times it was either A) Have them decide to abandon their perfect positioning to finish off/attack an enemy, or B) Do nothing and let the enemy attack them when potentially one hit from them could take the enemy out. After trying to work with that AI and realizing it was rather futile to work them into my strategy, I just let them do what they wanted.

3-13 was a fun chapter. Not nearly as frustrating to me as 2-E.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. Also, if you wanted to engage the Greil Mercenaries (which is both more epic and to your advantage on the last turn to earn XP), you may want to have them hold their positions. IIRC, they form a perfect perimeter leading up to the upper platforms. Thus, they can buy you time on the harder difficulties to mobilize a team down on the side passages to engage the enemy. Though depending on your composition, suppose if you are melee-heavy enough you should be able to make it in time regardless.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

For now, though:

View attachment 42972

Chapter 19 ain't bad, I'll take that.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I feel there should an event-equivalent, like a horde of monsters/risen/Disciples of Order or weather changes. And maybe one where someone is caught in an ambush by reinforcements and leave it to the RNG gods whether they live or not. :seuss:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
As much as I wanted Sothe to talk with Ike, I felt the risk was too great. I was playing more defensively on that map and didn't start going forward unless I needed to. Whether it be to finish off an enemy or block off a route left open from AI allies not sticking to my desired plan. I remember Jill being one of my top units for that map, but then again I just love Jill anyway so I could just be spouting bias :estatic:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I think I find the Hunger Games stuff funnier when I'm not in it. No, I'm serious, I'm not entirely comfortable seeing myself in it for some reason. Especially the FE one since I don't get half the jokes having only ever played 2 FE games.

I know that it's completely off topic right now, but this video

I was expecting something horrible, but instead found it actually kinda cute. I was quite pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
As much as I wanted Sothe to talk with Ike, I felt the risk was too great. I was playing more defensively on that map and didn't start going forward unless I needed to. Whether it be to finish off an enemy or block off a route left open from AI allies not sticking to my desired plan. I remember Jill being one of my top units for that map, but then again I just love Jill anyway so I could just be spouting bias :estatic:
Jill is a boss. Especially compared to the Dawn Brigade. Also, any transfer bonuses you have seems to make such a big difference for her.
Especially the FE one since I don't get half the jokes having only ever played 2 FE games.
Awakening and...?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know, I think I'm the only one here that was ever so slightly disappointed in Awakening.

Don't get me wrong it's fantastic! And I love that it made FE more mainstream. But coming from someone's who's first game was Radiant Dawn, it seemed lacking.

Firstly I think there was way too many "Route the Enemy" scenarios. Secondly, it seemed as if it was way too easy to grind, I love the map but it was better done in SS imo. Lastly, I wish they could have came up with something better for recruiting Whalhart, Gangrel, Priam, etc. than just sticking them on the end of the story.

I don't know why I decide to post this just now but there ya go.:estatic::p

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Jill is a boss. Especially compared to the Dawn Brigade. Also, any transfer bonuses you have seems to make such a big difference for her.
Jill was my MVP among the Dawn Brigade, also one of my favorite characters of the Tellius games. Being such a strong willed girl, having really sweet supports with Mist in PoR, having a wyvern under her command, and just being a good unit in general made Jill a personal favorite of mine. Outside of the Griel Mercenaries, I was excited to see Jill the most in RD.

Hong

The Strongest
You know, I think I'm the only one here that was ever so slightly disappointed in Awakening.

Don't get me wrong it's fantastic! And I love that it made FE more mainstream. But coming from someone's who's first game was Radiant Dawn, it seemed lacking.

Firstly I think there was way too many "Route the Enemy" scenarios. Secondly, it seemed as if it was way too easy to grind, I love the map but it was better done in SS imo. Lastly, I wish they could have came up with something better for recruiting Whalhart, Gangrel, Priam, etc. than just sticking them on the end of the story.

I don't know why I decide to post this just now but there ya go.:estatic::p
I think everyone around here who has played a game outside of Awakening feels the same.

A bunch of subjective stuff:
Not that the Awakening characters are as bad as people might make them out to be, but generally I liked the faces of Tellius a lot more. They were often interesting-- sometimes silly, but still believable. I'd ride with the Greil Mercenaries over the Shepherds any day of the week. I actually cared about them and felt emotionally engaged... something Awakening did only a few times. Don't get me wrong, i still ;~; when I see how crushed Lissa is over the death of her sister or when Lucina reveals herself to Chrom. A few of the supports were touching as well... But then you get to someone like Soren and wooooow I feel it just thinking about some of their stories compared to the ones in Awakening.

Maps are better in basically any other game. First off, the map design is generally awful. Most of the main game has chapters that are wide open spaces in an outdoor setting... with honestly bare minimal features compared to some of of the other games. No breakable walls, trees to chop down, ballistae, etc. Initial unit placement is stupid, especially in Lunatic; the few features it has, you'll have a hard time taking advantage of because you can't get to them before the enemy does, and you'll kill half of the force with 0 strategic involvement using Pair Up and stuff.

Fire Emblem - Interactive Map Features (besides doors) - Weather - Alternating objectives = Less variety.

Something about the open world in Sacred Stones is better. Aside from having actual side dungeons, being able to fight monsters instead of more humans also has appeal.

Story, in concept, is GREAT. The delivery, however, is bad.

Items: Too much quantity, not enough quality. Rather have fewer weapons with greater contrast, than multiple weapons with like a few points stat difference. For instance, they probably didn't need as many tome tiers; start Thunder at D instead. I'm not the only one who rather have had light magic instead of so many anima tomes.

Skills are stupid in this game. Class-locked skills give them more FLAVOUR. I want Canto. I want bonus crit on all Swordmasters, Snipers and Berserkers. If you want to pick locks, you should either need the right items, or thieves. They should also be able to steal ****. Also skills should have a COST associated with them. It might sound like letting you have any five skills you want adds more variety, but it just makes the decision-process more braindead. You are ****ing kidding me if you think you won't take Galeforce if a unit can have it 100% of the time. With a Capacity system, you have to weigh "Hmm, do I want Ike to have Aether, or Wrath + Resolve? If not him, who will get these?"

A small nit-pick, but the GBA games and Radiant Dawn had better-looking battles. Make animations fun again. Also, character cut-ins for skills is stupid and causes them to lose their novelty when they activate 50-100% of the time.. Should be only for crits or something.

---

So on and so forth. Not to say Awakening is bad or anything. It's an amazing game. Sounds great, looks great, I love the characters, it's immensely cool to have a melting pot of all of Fire Emblem's history, DLC is a cool concept, etc. But it has its flaws. It would still probably be at least in my top 5 maybe as far as the series goes for its great value, but I think a lot of the people coming into the series are missing out on the greats. Namely 4, 7-10. I hope people grab 7 or 8 off the eShop. If you want something hard but modern, FE12 Lunatic is ridiculous and you'll love it if you want to suffer.
Jill was my MVP among the Dawn Brigade, also one of my favorite characters of the Tellius games. Being such a strong willed girl, having really sweet supports with Mist in PoR, having a wyvern under her command, and just being a good unit in general made Jill a personal favorite of mine. Outside of the Griel Mercenaries, I was excited to see Jill the most in RD.
Oh, her supports with Mist were great. Also really... really...

So misguided trying to make her father proud. So much pain bottled inside. Little wonder she starts out with such a rough exterior.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think everyone around here who has played a game outside of Awakening feels the same.

A bunch of subjective stuff:
Not that the Awakening characters are as bad as people might make them out to be, but generally I liked the faces of Tellius a lot more. They were often interesting-- sometimes silly, but still believable. I'd ride with the Greil Mercenaries over the Shepherds any day of the week. I actually cared about them and felt emotionally engaged... something Awakening did only a few times. Don't get me wrong, i still ;~; when I see how crushed Lissa is over the death of her sister or when Lucina reveals herself to Chrom. A few of the supports were touching as well... But then you get to someone like Soren and wooooow I feel it just thinking about some of their stories compared to the ones in Awakening.

Maps are better in basically any other game. First off, the map design is generally awful. Most of the main game has chapters that are wide open spaces in an outdoor setting... with honestly bare minimal features compared to some of of the other games. No breakable walls, trees to chop down, ballistae, etc. Initial unit placement is stupid, especially in Lunatic; the few features it has, you'll have a hard time taking advantage of because you can't get to them before the enemy does, and you'll kill half of the force with 0 strategic involvement using Pair Up and stuff.

Fire Emblem - Interactive Map Features (besides doors) - Weather - Alternating objectives = Less variety.

Something about the open world in Sacred Stones is better. Aside from having actual side dungeons, being able to fight monsters instead of more humans also has appeal.

Story, in concept, is GREAT. The delivery, however, is bad.

Items: Too much quantity, not enough quality. Rather have fewer weapons with greater contrast, than multiple weapons with like a few points stat difference. For instance, they probably didn't need as many tome tiers; start Thunder at D instead. I'm not the only one who rather have had light magic instead of so many anima tomes.

Skills are stupid in this game. Class-locked skills give them more FLAVOUR. I want Canto. I want bonus crit on all Swordmasters, Snipers and Berserkers. If you want to pick locks, you should either need the right items, or thieves. They should also be able to steal ****. Also skills should have a COST associated with them. It might sound like letting you have any five skills you want adds more variety, but it just makes the decision-process more braindead. You are ****ing kidding me if you think you won't take Galeforce if a unit can have it 100% of the time. With a Capacity system, you have to weigh "Hmm, do I want Ike to have Aether, or Wrath + Resolve? If not him, who will get these?"

A small nit-pick, but the GBA games and Radiant Dawn had better-looking battles. Make animations fun again. Also, character cut-ins for skills is stupid and causes them to lose their novelty when they activate 50-100% of the time.. Should be only for crits or something.

---

So on and so forth. Not to say Awakening is bad or anything. It's an amazing game. Sounds great, looks great, I love the characters, it's immensely cool to have a melting pot of all of Fire Emblem's history, DLC is a cool concept, etc. But it has its flaws. It would still probably be at least in my top 5 maybe as far as the series goes for its great value, but I think a lot of the people coming into the series are missing out on the greats. Namely 4, 7-10. I hope people grab 7 or 8 off the eShop. If you want something hard but modern, FE12 Lunatic is ridiculous and you'll love it if you want to suffer.
Oh, her supports with Mist were great. Also really... really...
I agree with all of that.

Another gripe I have with Awakening is not being able to save during a mission, sure you could "bookmark" but that sucked. This is probably me just being spoiled by Radiant Dawn, but when I was going through Hard mode In that game I saved at the beginning of every turn. It helped you learn from your mistakes, not to mention that when you lost a unit all you had to do was hit restart and continue from where you saved. Awakening, if your unit dies at the very end, you have to hit home, close the game, go back in , start the file, and redo the entire level. I quit Lunatic + mode for this reason alone.

Hong

The Strongest
Awakening, if your unit dies at the very end, you have to hit home, close the game, go back in , start the file, and redo the entire level. I quit Lunatic + mode for this reason alone.
Or just hold :GCLT:+:GCRT: and hit :GCStart: to reset to the title screen.

But yeah. Also most of Awakening' difficulty is more about memory than anything.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Or just hold :GCLT:+:GCRT: and hit :GCStart: to reset to the title screen.
...I knew about that! I-I had just forgotten is all...
But yeah. Also most of Awakening' difficulty is more about memory than anything.
That's true. But it still makes me grumpy that I have to restart the whole level if someone dies. Like, in Radiant Dawn, if I realized I severely screwed up, then I could go back and restart the whole level but I wasn't forced to.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759

And I just finished 3-11 today. (Kind of wish I hadn't read this now) Looking forward to seeing this no-name fabled archer.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
It's done. Let the FE Hunger Games begin!

Book 1: First Come, First Killed

View attachment 42896

There was a huge argument among the writers of the FE12 translation patch over what the character now known as Belf should be called. Vergil was one of the suggestions. It didn't go down well with some people. It's since become something of a recurring joke among the fandom.
I, the main character. Getting killed offscreen... By an NPC? This is preposterous!

For now, though:

View attachment 42972

I feel like I should be angry about getting tomed, but tome kills are so satisfying that I cant stay mad at it.

I agree with all of that.

Another gripe I have with Awakening is not being able to save during a mission, sure you could "bookmark" but that sucked.
I have no idea what you're talking about. You can totally save during battle. The game even has two save slots only for that, so you don't save over your progress and don't screw yourself over.

Might be one of those awesome features that makes the game less BS in casual mode only though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom