• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I agree with all of that.

Another gripe I have with Awakening is not being able to save during a mission, sure you could "bookmark" but that sucked. This is probably me just being spoiled by Radiant Dawn, but when I was going through Hard mode In that game I saved at the beginning of every turn. It helped you learn from your mistakes, not to mention that when you lost a unit all you had to do was hit restart and continue from where you saved. Awakening, if your unit dies at the very end, you have to hit home, close the game, go back in , start the file, and redo the entire level. I quit Lunatic + mode for this reason alone.
No you didn't. Radiant Dawn only had a battle save on Normal or lower.

Unless you were playing the JP version, where the difficulty names were Normal, Hard, Mania (rather than Easy, Normal, Hard), there's a contradiction here.

Hong gets the cookie of course.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
You know, I think I'm the only one here that was ever so slightly disappointed in Awakening.

Don't get me wrong it's fantastic! And I love that it made FE more mainstream. But coming from someone's who's first game was Radiant Dawn, it seemed lacking.

Firstly I think there was way too many "Route the Enemy" scenarios. Secondly, it seemed as if it was way too easy to grind, I love the map but it was better done in SS imo. Lastly, I wish they could have came up with something better for recruiting Whalhart, Gangrel, Priam, etc. than just sticking them on the end of the story.

I don't know why I decide to post this just now but there ya go.:estatic::p
You needn't have played other FE games to see the flaws in Awakening. Awakening was my first FE (again, ignores Shadow Dragon) and even I was able to see the flaws of that game. Granted, I wasn't exactly "disappointed" since I didn't have a frame of reference to compare it to (well, except for SRPGs outside of FE like FF tactics, Valkyrie Chronicles, etc.) but I was still able to see essentially all the issues @ Hong Hong mentioned minus how lacking the battle animations were until I played FE7.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
No you didn't. Radiant Dawn only had a battle save on Normal or lower.

Unless you were playing the JP version, where the difficulty names were Normal, Hard, Mania (rather than Easy, Normal, Hard), there's a contradiction here.

Hong gets the cookie of course.
Oh, geez I meant Normal mode. Awakening has got me used to the Normal, Hard, Lunatic formula. So I meant normal, my bad. >_<

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Robin dittos are like the best thing ever in Smash 4

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
HOLY F**KING HELL!!

OK so I have this game on my phone called Akinator, right? He guesses characters. I have yet to best him so I was thinking, "He'll never guess the 3-13 archer."

But, oh my god, holy sh*t.

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Edit: somebody give me the most obscure character ever so I can beat this f**ker.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy
Because the Fire Emblem community exhausted that thing years ago. For the characters it cannot guess, the user can enter them in. Thus, the first time someone tried to look up the 3-13 Archer, they beat the Akimator, and thus were given the opportunity to add him to the list of characters.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
HOLY F**KING HELL!!

OK so I have this game on my phone called Akinator, right? He guesses characters. I have yet to best him so I was thinking, "He'll never guess the 3-13 archer."

Edit: somebody give me the most obscure character ever so I can beat this f**ker.
I already failed to stump him with 3-13 archer months ago

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Margherita from Etrian Odyssey IV. That's the name of the puppy the the count is holding.
I've... Already dome 90% of the Etrian characters I know and I think that was one...

Hong

The Strongest
I've... Already dome 90% of the Etrian characters I know and I think that was one...
The whole thing with the Akinator is there are lots of people who go into it trying to fool it. Thus, if as little as one person thought of it first, they'll beat him and then get to enter it. Thus, in a way, deliberately trying to enter obscure characters is, in a way, the type most likely to be guessed.It's the soft spot between very popular and very obscure that I had success with.

In any event, it's hard to suggest characters for people to enter since you only know so much about the things they like.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Those... are some top tiered tactics
:4robinm::4robinf:
Right? :v
I didn't know Robin could be such a good dancer.
Personally these are my favorites:

This one is lacking Ephraim, though.

Btw, it seems that you can download the Robin models used in these videos from a Japanese site to use in MMD, but you need a password to that, and only people who can read Japanese are able to guess the password.
@Moydow pwease?:cheep:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
On the subject of Akinator:

upload_2015-3-15_11-6-26.png

I honestly expected that to take longer. I answered "don't know" on that third to last question just to see what would happen, but he got me anyway.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bias towards Awakening, especially given that it was my very first Fire Emblem game and is still one of my favourite games of all time alongside Xenoblade Chronicles. Therefore, it's difficult for me to view the "flaws" in the game as anything more than nitpicking on my part. And after playing some of the older FE games, I'm finding it hard to see why FE fans gush over them. Of course, my view is skewed, that much is certain, so I must take that into consideration. At any rate, to each they're own when it comes to a favourite FE game. I've mentioned this before, but I'm sure that if I started with FE7 and onward, I probably wouldn't be putting Awakening so high on a pedestal as I am doing now. However, I can see why many individuals have flaws with certain aspects of the game. As for me, they either don't bother me or I don't view them as an issue as others do.

Overall, I respect that others enjoy older FE games over Awakening and I can understand why but Awakening holds a special place in my heart for many reasons, therefore it remains my favourite.................but also because of dialogue like this. :chuckle:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The whole thing with the Akinator is there are lots of people who go into it trying to fool it. Thus, if as little as one person thought of it first, they'll beat him and then get to enter it. Thus, in a way, deliberately trying to enter obscure characters is, in a way, the type most likely to be guessed.It's the soft spot between very popular and very obscure that I had success with.

In any event, it's hard to suggest characters for people to enter since you only know so much about the things they like.
You know what's weird though? It didn't ask me if 3-13 Archer was from a video game, nor Fire Emblem. It just guessed...

And it was played like 150-something times.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy

ez
Because of trends. If he failed to guess the first time, he'd ask a few more questions and then ask again.

A L G O R I T H M B O Y S
I finally beat him just now. He couldn't guess Shlomo Wiesel from "Night."

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
HA

I BEAT YOU AKINATOR

upload_2015-3-15_11-16-43.png

This was after he answered Dark Samus, the SA-X, and somehow, the Guardian from Destiny.

D

Deleted member

Wait, how many keys do you need for Pale Flower of Darkness? I haven't played FE7 for a long time (school and Smash and stuff), so I haven't gotten there yet.

HOLY F**KING HELL!!

Try a Xenoblade character.

EDIT: I would play this game, but the website won't let me.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
HA

I BEAT YOU AKINATOR

View attachment 43024

This was after he answered Dark Samus, the SA-X, and somehow, the Guardian from Destiny.
I used 3-13 Archer, Shady Salesman from SpongeBob, Tom the chocolate guy also from sponge Bob, and Smitty Werbenjaegermanjensen whom was #1, before tryin Shlomo.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This is worth showing:

upload_2015-3-15_11-30-39.png

Why Akinator would ask that baffles me, but pragmatism, I guess.

RidleyxRobin is a thing now according to him.

Akinator confirmed shipper.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Many years ago, when Akinator was still young and lacked experience, I beat him with the Master from Fallout.

I didn't realize he still existed.

I am impressed that he knew Smitty Werbenjägermanjensen. Does he even have any known traits besides a name that is fun to say?

And beat him on my first run with Priscilla from FFVII.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Many years ago, when Akinator was still young and lacked experience, I beat him with the Master from Fallout.

I didn't realize he still existed.

I am impressed that he knew Smitty Werbenjägermanjensen. Does he even have any known traits besides a name that is fun to say?

And beat him on my first run with Priscilla from FFVII.
It literally asked me if he was #1...

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I just beat Akinator with The Risen and Excellus from Awakening, but that was close enough, though, with him guessing Flea for Excellus and Zombie for Risen.
I'm surprised, he knows quite a bit of characters now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just beat him with the Bunniv enemy from Xenoblade Chronicles.

I had to go super obscure if I wanted to beat this guy. He easily got me with Luigi, Shulk, Ganondorf, Tharja, and even Bandana Dee.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Akinator can and will guess kellam btw.
This genie ignores no one

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Yeah, that's something like what I had in mind. I might try and work them in tomorrow if I have time.

For now, though:

Book 2: The Revengeance of Gheb and Excellus
View attachment 42972

I don't even know how that happened. I was tempted to drop it and run another one, but oh well.
Of course I'm taken out by a 1% chance critical. It happens all the time in Pokémon to me.
You know, I think I'm the only one here that was ever so slightly disappointed in Awakening.

Don't get me wrong it's fantastic! And I love that it made FE more mainstream. But coming from someone's who's first game was Radiant Dawn, it seemed lacking.

Firstly I think there was way too many "Route the Enemy" scenarios. Secondly, it seemed as if it was way too easy to grind, I love the map but it was better done in SS imo. Lastly, I wish they could have came up with something better for recruiting Whalhart, Gangrel, Priam, etc. than just sticking them on the end of the story.

I don't know why I decide to post this just now but there ya go.:estatic::p
As someone who's only played Awakening and 7, I agree that there needed to be more mission variety and better maps. That's one thing I've loved about 7 (which I will get back to soon, I promise). Hopefully 14 will combine the mission variability of the past with Awakening's amazing support system.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Is that Binding Blade, or Blazing Sword... Or another one?

I'm so bad with numbers. xD

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Blazing Sword, with Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector.

Binding Blade still has no official English release. :104:
I know!

I played through Gaiden with a English patch that was oh so terrible.

The quote I remember most is: "Alm, we can't love enemy with in guns, yes!!" Wasn't a question, it was a freaking statement! And had modern technology...? This was at the very beginning of the game, I was so confused.

We need an official translation for all of them.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Area of effect spells that can target multiple units for next FE: yay or nay?

Hong

The Strongest
Area of effect spells that can target multiple units for next FE: yay or nay?
Not as spells, but I wouldn't mind seeing area of effect in other ways. Maybe ranged artillery or class skills. I think we've had skills that are the opposite of Blessing, which damage adjacent enemies every turn. Sounds like it could be cool on a Sorceror.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not as spells, but I wouldn't mind seeing area of effect in other ways. Maybe ranged artillery or class skills. I think we've had skills that are the opposite of Blessing, which damage adjacent enemies every turn. Sounds like it could be cool on a Sorceror.
I scarcely remember catapults ha AoE in the Tellius games.

Top Bottom