• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Your avatar is so happy.:4dedede:
Happy indeed.
For soon i will rise from the darkness of the oblivion you sent me to, Douglas J. Falcon...
I will strike when you least expect it...
Like a diaper

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Anyone have any suggestions? Here's what I have so far:
users[dead]+" gets too cocky in the arena and dies. The army loses "+ str(format(random.randrange(100000, ',' +" coins in winnings."

users[dead] +" is struck by "+ users[killer] +"'s Poison Sword. While "+ users[dead] +" takes no damage, he eventually succumbs to the poison."

users[dead] +" is surrounded by "+ users[killer1] +", "+ users[killer2] +", and "+ users[killer3] +" while wielding a bow, and is beaten to death by "+ users[killer4] +"."

users[killer] +" uses Lethality, killing "+ users[dead] +"."

users[dead] +" is killed by "+ users[killer] +"'s Critical Hit."

users[dead] +" gets no sympathy from "+ users[killer] +"."

users[dead] +" sets a pitfall trap on a bridge, but forgets where it is, and falls into it. "+ users[killer] +" finds him, and kills him."

users[killer1] +", "+ users[killer2] +", and "+ users[killer3] +" use a Triangle Attack to kill "+ users[dead] +"."

users[dead] +" miscalculates their weapon durability. When challenged by "+ users[killer] +", "+ users[dead] +" has no weapon to fight with, and dies."

users[dead] +" challenges "+ users[killer] +" to a battle. "+ users[killer] +" has Counter, so "+ users[dead] +" loses."

users[dead] +" gets lost in the Fog of War, and is overwhelmed by enemy soldiers."

users[dead] +" attacks "+ users[killer] +" with a Devil Axe. It backfires, killing "+ users[killer] +"."

users[dead] +" challenges the Black Knight to one-on-one combat. The Black Knight uses Eclipse, easily and brutally killing "+ users[dead] +"."

users[dead] +" is killed in the Sacae Plains by Batta the Beast."

users[dead] +", while grinding for skills, takes a turn off to change classes. During this turn, they are killed by "+ users[killer] +"."

users[dead] +" is severely injured by "+ users[killer] +". They run for a healer, but are first met by an enemy Cleric, who kills them with a critical hit from the Ashera Staff."

users[killer] +" captures "+ users[dead] +", steals their weapon, and kills them with it."

users[dead1] +", "+ users[dead2] +", and "+ users[dead3] +" go to fight Grima. Grima rolls over, and they fall to their deaths."

users[dead] +" talks to "+ users[killer] +", and tries to convince them to join the army. "+ users[killer] +" decides to kill "+ users[dead] +" instead."

users[killer1] +" pairs up with "+ users[killer2] +" to kill "+ users[dead] +"."

users[killer] +" manages to kill "+ users[dead] +" with Bolting, despite having an absurdly low hit chance."

users[dead] +" tries to kill "+ users[killer] +", who is at low health, but misses, and is killed by a double attack from the faster "+ users[killer] +"."

users[dead] +" decides to try out Lunatic+. Frederick dies on turn 1, and "+ users[dead] +" dies shortly after."

users[dead] +" relied too heavily on pre-promotes early in the game. Near the endgame, they are too weak to fight on, and fall easily to the much stronger "+ users[killer] +"."

users[dead] +" dies. They reach for the reset button, but the button is broken by "+ users[killer] +"."
It's good but I think you used killed a bit too often. Killed gets repetitive after a while. Try other words.
"user was cut into mincemeat",
"User was stabbed multiple times."
"User was bopped on the head with a tome."
"User1 had a 85 percent chance to dodge, and a 75% hit. User2 dodges and gets a critical hit, wiping User1 across the floor."
"User1's luck with armsthrift failed and received no sympathy from User2.":4myfriends:
----
Anyways I got a Pikachu Amiibo. Suffice to say, I created an up-smashing little dastard. It will juggle you with upsmashes, it will hunt you down when you have over 100% with upsmashes and grabs. When it taunts after it takes my last stock, I can't help but be a little proud.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Happy indeed.
For soon i will rise from the darkness of the oblivion you sent me to, Douglas J. Falcon...
I will strike when you least expect it...
Like a diaper
I need only one percent of my power to send you back into oblivion.:yeahboi:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I come back and miss three rounds. Almost all of them involve me dying due to explosions or mother nature killing me off. Part of me wonders how I even survive as long as I do in those games. Is it sheer luck, or am I so stupid that I'm actually smart at things?

It's another unsolved mystery...

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
In that Hunger Games thing, you need someone taking on 3v1 and taking two with them or something.

A, B and C gang up on D, D loses but takes A and B with him/her.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Hope I'm not the only one in Awakening that's been keeping a bronze sword and a levin sword in Robin arsenal since Smash. :b:

People complained about RD being too hard, but I think many just got too comfortable with the dumb down difficulties in the outside of Japan FE games once RD broke that trend. RD normal difficultly is just right imo. (Will one day try the others..)

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Hey! @ Raziek Raziek and I just need to stay warm. Spend a year here and see how you like it.
I'd love spending a year huddling for warmth with you!

Though Canada would be pretty rad, too. I can live with cold, and I do love me some snow.

Happy birthday to Yarne.

And also me.

But mostly Yarne.
Happy birthday!

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I'd love spending a year huddling for warmth with you!

Though Canada would be pretty rad, too. I can live with cold, and I do love me some snow.

Happy birthday!
I live pretty close to Canada and I have no idea how you can love snow. I despise it so very much.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
A Fire Emblem-themed Hunger Games? Finally, an excuse to put my Python skills to use :p Doesn't look overly complicated, just need to come up with enough good methods of killing people >:D
Beat me to it. I like your version so far though, looking forward to seeing the result.
Also it'll probably look better than my ratchet C++ command line stuff would've.

I got a Pikachu Amiibo. Suffice to say, I created an up-smashing little dastard. It will juggle you with upsmashes, it will hunt you down when you have over 100% with upsmashes and grabs. When it taunts after it takes my last stock, I can't help but be a little proud.
I'm redfeatherraven and I approve this message.

A Pika amiibo whipping ass fills me with so much joy for some reason. I wish I could pit mine against yours.

Happy birthday to Yarne.

And also me.

But mostly Yarne.
Happy bday mostly Yarne but also you.

*has never seen snow*
I got about a foot over the last few weeks.

Then I had to drive in it.

If you can't go build snowmen or sled you ain't missin much.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
My manaketes are insane. They are my 3 most powerful units right now. Nah is level 20 and rated 271, Tiki is level 22 and rated 268 and Nowi is level 14 and rated 254. The next closest is Lucina at level 8 Great Lord and rated 246.

What happened? Granted, Nowi spent about 20 or so levels as mage before all three of them spent 10 levels as Wyvern Riders. But still... It's ridonk!

Jeez, I'm wondering if I can take on Priam's army of 50 150+ units with just my 200+ units while I have a few other weaker units along for support and just have them ride shotgun.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Jeez, I'm wondering if I can take on Priam's army of 50 150+ units with just my 200+ units while I have a few other weaker units along for support and just have them ride shotgun.
You can't, unless you're extremely lucky.

I tried it and got flattened.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

Guess I'll grind a few more over 200 then. I've got a a number of units sitting in Pegasus Knight with more on the way for the sole purpose of Galeforce. I'd like to start spreading them out sooner rather than later. I've also got some that I think I can get over 200 without having to burn a seal on them. I think if I can get 15 units well over 200, I can bring in another 15 to ride shotgun and kick some major ass.

I'll also see what happens when I get the characters from the DLC. (DLC missions, not spotpass that is)

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

I did it with Chrom and Frederick. It's not tricky at all if you're willing to prepare and not in any hurry whatsoever.

Mobility and defenses are key and fliers paired with cavalry seems ideal. Optimally give them defensive abilities as you can - Sol, Aegis, Pavise, Vantage, whatever you can manage that restores health, reduces damage, or punishes attackers.

Have the flier run over the ruins in the center, the lakes, and around the outside. Run around the map until the slower units stop keeping up. Then double back and drop into the fray - land out of Priam's range and in a position where you won't be boxed in, switch the flier out, and have the cavalry shank the nearest archer with a ranged weapon (preferably in the face). Hopefully he'll take out several more during their phase, by which point the rest of the army should have largely caught up. Then use the cavalry to outrun them, switch back to the flier when you're out of attack range, and start separating again.

The generals should have trouble keeping up with this, effectively cutting down Priam's army by a third, and most of the remainder will be forced to follow you in what amounts to a straight line. With two sufficiently leveled characters and a sufficient armory, this should give you a fighting chance; the soldiers in the army are nothing special (besides Priam), and their only great advantage is their numbers (and Priam), so if you can make it to where you only fight a few at a time you'll succeed.

Priam himself is another kettle of fish and I recommend having something sharp, nasty, and forged to shove between his eyes. If it's forged and legendary, all the better. Do NOT let him live longer than one round of combat - YOUR round of combat - or he'll most likely drop you on his turn. Once you manage to take him out, however, the rest of his crew is cannon fodder.

Oh, one more thing. This strategy takes an exorbitant number of turns (my execution was far from efficient, but climbed to nearly 60 rounds). Get a snack, maybe put your feet up. It'll take a while to do.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I don't like combat ratings. It really doesn't say how good a unit will fare, since it can take irrelevant information into account. I can't say how good or bad your units are right now since those numbers are not a fair assessment of the units.

Honestly I think the difficulty of Priam's chapter is probably being overstated, as it didn't take exactly a perfect army on Lunatic. You need to break your army into, what, three to four unit? One or two units north, another north east to bait the ruins, and another unit or two east to strike them as they try to get around the poor footing.

Edit - And by "units", I mean actual strategic units moving together. Not individual characters.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Edit - And by "units", I mean actual strategic units moving together. Not individual characters.
In all fairness, sufficiently bad*** individual characters would probably also work.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
@ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf
I made a draft based on what I remember from that chapter.

Edit - Generally one of the fundamental concepts of war is an enemy who charges headlong into battle over a poor ground, without grouping up first (which enemies in Fire Emblem don't), will lose. If enemies have to path through thickets, around walls, over lakes, etc., they will engage in smaller numbers. Use the ability to see how far they can advance so that your tanks are not overrun.

While I can be forgetting something, I genuinely breezed by this on Lunatic, so it couldn't have been that memorable aside from the music. There's probably many more ways to do this besides the way I did.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I find it horrible that you can't even support Emmeryn with Lissa and Chrom. Yes, yes, I know, lost memory and all, but COME ON! Wouldn't Chrom and Lissa be concerned? Spotpass and **** be damned. Chrom and Lissa should be able to support Emmeryn. Not just the Avatar. Same with Lon'qu. Say'ri should be able to support him as well.

Edit: Also, I've decided on my children pairings:

Morgan and Lucina
Terrified of their own shadows Noire and Yarne
S#!@ for attitudes Severa and Gerome
Way over doing it Owain and Kjelle
Not exactly the same Cynthia and Brady
Immature and Mature Inigo and Nah
Poor Laurent gets left out.
Morgan and Lucina have ADORABLE supports. It's my second favorite Morgan pairing after Morgan/Cynthia, and my favorite Lucina pairing.

I also love Owain/Kjelle quite a bit.
Round 4

BRAWLER WHY

I keep dying in the most throwaway ways...
Round 5:

Irony(bonus points if you spot it)

Things I never thought I'd see... Me triumphantly killing someone.
Happy birthday to Yarne.

And also me.

But mostly Yarne.
Happy birthday, bunny husband! Should probably do a Yarne/Robin avatar since that was on my third run, just to celebrate.

...And Sonic Storm too, I guess. Happy birthday!;)

Sorry for my general deadness. It's school's fault.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It's done. Let the FE Hunger Games begin!

Book 1: First Come, First Killed

fe_hg1.png

There was a huge argument among the writers of the FE12 translation patch over what the character now known as Belf should be called. Vergil was one of the suggestions. It didn't go down well with some people. It's since become something of a recurring joke among the fandom.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

View attachment 42896

There was a huge argument among the writers of the FE12 translation patch over what the character now known as Belf should be called. Vergil was one of the suggestions. It didn't go down well with some people. It's since become something of a recurring joke among the fandom.
What the hell...I certainly prefer what happened to me, but...weird, yo.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

View attachment 42896

RNG WHY?!?!

D

Deleted member

View attachment 42896

Oh dear god, I met with a terrible fate, haven't I?
Well, at least I got some good kills in. :p

RNG WHY?!?!
RNGesus wasn't with you.

Speaking of Hunger Games, THIS happened last night:

:joyful:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v

View attachment 42896

I tip the scales in an awesome fashion agaisnt Hong and fries Raziek, but gets killed because I was pondering on a stupid name?
Oh dear...:sadsheep:

Getting bonked by a Cleric would be less embarassing.

And no, I won't change my nick to Vergil.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest

View attachment 42896

Oh wow. Owain's technique. I can't

my lungs
what have you done

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

View attachment 42896

Another vague death for me. I didn't even know I was there until it said I died. :054:

Top Bottom