• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
It had nothing to do with Jigglypuff. It was, as my younger self called it, Dorkachu. The nickname was influenced by Ed Edd n Eddy.
:025::pikachu64::pikachumelee:
Ahem.

I believe this is a decent time for an INPO.

March 26, 1931 - February 27, 2015

Rest in peace, sir.
Amen and godspeed.

I always like to look at somebody's last Tweet and stuff after they have died. This was his:
Damn. That's a note to go out on.

Here's a question for you all, if you as in, the person sitting at a keyboard reading this message, were to marry someone in Awakening, who would you marry and why?
I've narrowed it down to Olivia, Tiki, Lucina, Cynthia, Morgan, Noire, or Nah.

In short I've hardly got a clue. But I can give some reasoning.

Lissa feels more like a little sister.
Drinking and sparring with Sully would be amazing for the thirty seconds I could keep up.
Fascinating as Miriel is I feel I'd eventually burn out my brain.
Sumia is sweet and all but doesn't click with me.
Maribelle's too prissy.
Panne's too serious.
Cordelia's still hung up on Chrom.
Nowi is adorbs and supposedly more mature than she lets on but marriage still seems awkward.
I want Tharja's backside something fierce but you don't stick your **** in crazy.
Anna would run the second she realizes I'm broke.
Cherche's wit is amazing, and that armor is...uhnf. Meanwhile, Minerva would eat me.
Don't know enough about Say'ri due to The Incredible Cardboard Character Bro Complex.
Flavia would crush me. I don't know what with, probably whatever's on hand.
Severa makes me want to punch a puppy.
Kjelle would spar with me once and want nothing more to do with me.

Olivia is just. So. Cuternf. Sorry, popped my brain. I want to hug her and vomit pixelated hearts everywhere.
Tiki's tikis. 'Nuff said. Also she's sweet. And a dragon.
Lucina's just endearing for reasons I can't explain.
Cynthia's endearing for bubbly reasons I can readily explain. Pega pony princess of justice, y'all.
Morgan just seems like fun to be around.
If I'm going to break down and stick my **** in crazy it's going to be in crazy-awesome crazy-gorgeous Noire.
And Nah is a badass. "I circled the peak and shook the heavens with my roar. Does that count as practice?" And dragon.

Decisions decisions. Need some second opinions here.

Make up your own scenario as to what he's daydreaming about/who he's staring at with that expression/whatever.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Though see as your here @ shrooby shrooby , can I just ask a few questions

1) Is Anna immortal or is there just a lot of Annas?

2) Is it possible for you to link me you imgur account? Please? You have some emoticons I would really like to use :).
Lots and lost of Anna.

[collapse="Time to learn about Anna lore lol"]
[/collapse]

And here ya go!

The only characters I even heard about before ever playing a Fire Emblem game were :4myfriends:, :4marth: and :roymelee:(because of Smash obviously). I kind of picked up Awakening on a whim as the characters in Smash weren't really an influence. It just happened to be part of sale on video games at my local Target at the time, and I decided to make it my first Fire Emblem. I don't know, isn't basing this kind of decision all on ONE character a bit...well, shallow? I don't mean any offense, but that's just kinda how I see it. Please don't shoot me.

I quickly found out that the character supports were utterly hilarious at times when particular characters started interacting with one another. Of those supports, Henry's and Gaius' antics made me laugh the most. Like yourself, I wasn't expecting to find a lot of humor in the game, and that aspect just made the game stand out more than I thought it would.

See, the thing is, Anna has very few supports compared to the rest of the cast(I'm not talking about the characters in the extra Paralogues). They weren't bad, just not spectacular to me(I don't have her S-rank support yet, though). Maybe I'd like her more if she were, you know, more involved with the main cast. But as it stands, Anna isn't really leaving much to the imagination.
It's completely superficial.
I did know of the gameplay. Just from looking at it, though, I wasn't really interested or disinterested. But now I love it.
I agree that it's pretty shallow. :4dedede:
But, then, I don't really care given the end result. Which is me playing a franchise I've come to really enjoy. And Anna will be there every non-Gaiden step of the way.
A reason to play a game is a reason to play a game, in the end. If you ended up enjoying more of the game than the thing you played it for originally, then more power to you.

Don't get me wrong, I still like plenty of the other characters. Henry in particular.
The Anna you recruit only makes up so much of the total amount of Anna dialogue in the game, tho'

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
What? No Robin?:sadsheep:
Now you are making stuff difficult for me.

Anyway, I did say Stahl, Gaius and Lon'qu were my favorites.
Lon'qu is utterly terrified of women, and I don't think I would be able to help him to get through that. Heck, even though I always marry him to someone on my playthroughs, he seems to be more the type to stay alone at the end.
Gaius has a...strange sweet tooth, and even though I find his antics funny in awakening, I doubt I would get together with someone like him.
Stahl would be actually the nice guy I would like to stay with, I think? Personality-wise, it would be either him or Donnel, because Donnel can be really thoughtful and cute in some supports.

As a bonus, have some Robin confession screen I found:

Is it strange that I wanted them to have their own confession shot in the game?

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Ok. So I'm at the mission where I get to kill Excellus.

Here's my question:

Should I...
Have it slashed to pieces by Grandmaster Miranda?
Have it fried with lightning by Grandmaster Miranda?
Have it sodomized with a spear by Great Lord Chrom?
Have it slashed to pieces by Great Lord Chrom?
Have it slashed to pieces by Hero Donnel?
Buy a Bronze Axe and have to chopped to bits by Hero Donnel?
Have it slashed to pieces by Blademaster Say'ri?
Have it sodomized with a spear by Pegasus Knight Lucina?
Have it chopped to bits by Great Knight Frederick?
Have it sodomized with a spear by Great Knight Frederick?
Have it slashed to pieces by Great Knight Frederick?
Have it fried with lightning by Sorcerer Tharja?
Have it arrow'd by Archer Ricken?
Have it incinerated with fire by Mage Nowi?
Have it blown up by Manakete Nah?
Have it slashed to pieces by Tactician Morgan?
Have it fried with lightning by Tactician Morgan?

I can't decide! Help me out...

I'm leaning towards a Tactician vs. "Tactician" fight and have Miranda take him out (Chrom is going to go mano a mano with Walhart. End of story)

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Now that I've thought about it, my choices after Cherche would either be Anna or Olivia. Anna's so mysterious, even if she probably cares more about money that relationships. Olivia is just too cute.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I never got a chance to have Chrom face Walhart in chapter 19. Anyone know where I find get that exchange?

Last edited:

Elezir

Here's my question:

Should I...

I'm leaning towards a Tactician vs. "Tactician" fight and have Miranda take him out (Chrom is going to go mano a mano with Walhart. End of story)
I always let Say'ri kill the *******.
It just feels right that she gets her revenge.

Elezir

I never got a chance to have Chrom face Walhart in chapter 19. Anyone know where I find get that exchange?
Walhart: Why do you resist me, little Prince?
Chrom: You enslave the weak and kill the able. You are the enemy of peace.
Walhart: I would end the reign of the gods, and you object on moral grounds?! Blood is spilled in any new birth, Prince. And in many a just cause, as you know...
Chrom: There is no justification for what you've done.
Walhart: By whose laws do you judge me? Yours? Your sister's? The gods'?
Chrom: You cannot—
Walhart: Look at you! Are you not ashamed? Your mind is filled with nothing but secondhand beliefs. You dance upon the stage of your gods like a mindless puppet! THAT is what I reject: being a slave to tradition, to obligation. The old ways. Damn the gods! Damn their fates and their destinies! I will have true freedom! Any man who offers less is my enemy.
Chrom: Enough! I don't require every detail of your twisted philosophy. You're a villain and a murderer, plain and simple. And I am the justice you deserve.
Walhart: Ha ha ha! Better, Prince. Much better! Be not an agent of someone else's justice, but justice itself! Now, let us fight as two great men, freed of their gods. I grant any challenger the chance to test his will against my own... But you, too, shall be found wanting!

You can get all his dialogues on the Fire Emblem wiki

Does anyone get dialogue with Excellus before it dies?
He only has custom dialogue with Say'ri at the start of the battle.

Only read if you really want to

Excellus:...You. ...YOU! You and Yen'fay cost me EVERYTHING!
Say'ri: I only pray my brother is watching... Yen'fay, guide my hand!

When dying it's the same for all characters

“Eee hee hee... Eee hee.. Heeeeeeeauuugh...”

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
For the second time ever I managed to use the elwind spike in for glory, and this time on purpose! I feel like I need to improve my skills as smash tactician a lot. Still it always feels so good to get a spike KO.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Hey today's Tiki's Birth day therefore...
So I joined this site on Tiki's Birthday?

Here's my question:

Should I...

Let Chrom end Excellus. While he technicly was Robin's counterpart, he also entirely lacked the strong leadership that made Chrom's troops so loyal. If there wasn't an amazing leader behind Excellus, he would be nothing.
Let him die by the hand that will kill his master instead of the masterful tactician that will make it possible in the first place.
It will piss him off even more.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So I was doing the mission to recruit Tiki.

The Avatar popped Ignis AND a Crit.

That poor Wyvern Lord... 198 damage... I was half expecting to see a little mushroom cloud on the map instead of a the usual unit dying disappear thing.

And that was with Elthunder...

Edit: Also:

Edit2:
Someone even made a Gif for it!

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
So I was doing the mission to recruit Tiki.

The Avatar popped Ignis AND a Crit.

That poor Wyvern Lord... 198 damage... I was half expecting to see a little mushroom cloud on the map instead of a the usual unit dying disappear thing.

And that was with Elthunder...
You know, the funny part is: Ignis isn't even that great an activated ability.

It does have a good activation rate/power ratio, but it falls into that weird spot where Aethir, Lethality and Astra are all plain better and the backup plans to those, Vengeance and Sol, are situationally better.

I still love the Grandmaster class for the design and weapon selection.
But the only reason I use Ignis at all in my latest runthrough is because it's the signature ability.

Though Smash apparently thought similiarly.

EDIT:
The day @ Drakonis Drakonis joined SmashBoards was truly a glorious day.... :037:
Every day being able to converse with you is a glorious day!

(And that you is meant as both as second person specificly and third person plural in general!)

Last edited:

Elezir

You know, the funny part is: Ignis isn't even that great an activated ability.

It does have a good activation rate/power ratio, but it falls into that weird spot where Aethir, Lethality and Astra are all plain better and the backup plans to those, Vengeance and Sol are situatinally better.

I still love the Grandmaster class for the design and weapon selection.
But the only reason I use Ignis at all in my latest runthrough is because it's the signature ability.

Though Smash apparently thought similiarly.
Lunatic mode made me see Ignis with other eyes

It saved my ass more times I can count with it's stupidly high activation rate.
But in normal and hard modes it can be pretty average, I suppose.
I still like it's animation. It's pretty.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I am REALLY considering picking up Astra for the Avatar.
Do iiiiit!
Astra is awesome. You can still keep Ignis for it's higher activation rate (The game checks if Astra triggers before checking for Ignis, so you can't be worse off). But Astra looks amazing, feels amazing and is amazing.

*Snort*
Be you an angel?! :grrr:
Nay. We are but man! ROCK!
Ah-hah, aaah! Oooh! Wooo, aaah-yo!

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Do iiiiit!
Astra is awesome. You can still keep Ignis for it's higher activation rate (The game checks if Astra triggers before checking for Ignis, so you can't be worse off). But Astra looks amazing, feels amazing and is amazing.

Nay. We are but man! ROCK!
Ah-hah, aaah! Oooh! Wooo, aaah-yo!
And suddenly a wild counter unit appears. Honestly, in Lunatic+, Astra has a bad tendency to ruin your day. I personally find Sol+Ignis to be the best pair of offensive skills.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Lovable face right there. I wanna fondle dat. Embarrass

Apparently Robin's too popular now, whuh. :p

I'd definitely marry Lissa though. Such a bubbly, pretty princess she is! And someone who'd put step on my usual laidback life. :laugh:
She might find me easy to tease though, hahah. But it's easy to tease her back.
The sombrero is too fabulous for y'all. *hair flip*

As for people I would marry... There are so many great characters... But I guess for the girls, Tiki, Lucina, and Olivia would be at the top, and for the guys, Chrom, Inigo, and Priam are my faves. :3

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I will never forgive game theory for ruining the internet's percepion of the Pyro. :laugh:

It was greater when people just thought of him\her as exactly that... ambiguious.
I used to watch game theory a lot, but a while ago I unsubbed because the videos just started getting ridiculous.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
It's kinda weird... I made all 3 of my Manaketes Wyvern Riders. Kinda weird seeing dragons riding around on...Dragons. Oh well. The +STR they get from Wyvern Rider will help.

Hong

The Strongest
It's kinda weird... I made all 3 of my Manaketes Wyvern Riders. Kinda weird seeing dragons riding around on...Dragons. Oh well. The +STR they get from Wyvern Rider will help.
IMO Panne, Nowi, and their children, are all great on the back of a wyvern. Nice and meaty class to take advantage of their superior base stats compared to other units. Panne is a Wyvern Rider every time I play, though right now I have a Manakete Nah since their pair up bonuses are good for hybrid str/mag types.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I used to watch game theory a lot, but a while ago I unsubbed because the videos just started getting ridiculous.
Psudeoscience.

Just straight psudeoscience. I know a guy of his intelligence understandsthat science cant't prove anything' and tha scince can only really disprove and theorize, but he's built this cult of fans who dont't know any of that, and therefore take his word as gospel truth.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
In other new I have decided to actually sketch my OC tommorow and scan him then keep an eye out for my terrible art.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Psudeoscience.

Just straight psudeoscience. I know a guy of his intelligence understandsthat science cant't prove anything' and tha scince can only really disprove and theorize, but he's built this cult of fans who dont't know any of that, and therefore take his word as gospel truth.
Or maybe people just take him too seriously, i mean his videos have always been about entertainment, all his "science" really is just for the sake of having an excuse to make funny theories.

Top Bottom