• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Or maybe people just take him too seriously, i mean his videos have always been about entertainment, all his "science" really is just for the sake of having an excuse to make funny theories.
True... It's like people taking Honest Trailers or Cinema Sins seriously.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Ok, lemme see if I got this straight... In the old timeline, Chrom met the Avatar, and despite all they went through together, the Avatar kills Chrom and Grima is resurrected. Later, when Grima was on the verge of victory, Lucina goes back in time. Realizing that Lucina is going to go back and eff things up, Grima sends a part of himself back in time as well. This materializes in a SECOND Avatar, and this arrival of Grima-ness causes such a shock to the existing Avatar (the way back when one) that it annihilates his/her memory. Chrom then finds the now amnesic Avatar and because of the Premonition, and the clean slate, the Avatar is able to avoid killing Chrom. Am I correct or no?

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Ok, lemme see if I got this straight... In the old timeline, Chrom met the Avatar, and despite all they went through together, the Avatar kills Chrom and Grima is resurrected. Later, when Grima was on the verge of victory, Lucina goes back in time. Realizing that Lucina is going to go back and eff things up, Grima sends a part of himself back in time as well. This materializes in a SECOND Avatar, and this arrival of Grima-ness causes such a shock to the existing Avatar (the way back when one) that it annihilates his/her memory. Chrom then finds the now amnesic Avatar and because of the Premonition, and the clean slate, the Avatar is able to avoid killing Chrom. Am I correct or no?
And then Link comes in
:linkmelee:: Time travel?
:4robinm:: Yeah
:linkmelee:: I now that feel, bro
:4robinf:: You mean Sis
:link64::younglinkmelee::link2::toonlink::4tlink::4link:: HYYYAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I just finished Radiant Dawn and I'm currently sitting through the really long epilogue right now. Once this finishes up, I'll inform who my best units were/my feelings about the final battle and game in general.

Edit: Epilogue finished and now I'm wondering what to do now.

Top 5 Units:
5th- Mia
4th-Shinon
3rd-Titania
2nd-Nephenee
1st-Ike

Well I'm gonna start off by saying that I love how everything wrapped up really wonderful here. I can see why the Tellius saga is appreciated so much and I'm gonna be playing Ike a lot more in smash 4. I'm not surprised that all my top units were from the Griel Mercenaries (though one could argue Nephenee.) Only thing I was surprised was that Soren wasn't higher on my list and that Sothe was in my top 10. The final boss fight was pretty fun, but honestly didn't seem all that challenging once I got a game plan going and figured out how the tiles worked. I really love Ike's view on the world and some of the things he said to Yune. He's such a simple man who treats everyone fairly with respect and knows how to answer a problem. By far my favorite lord,

It's almost sad to see this tale end since I've spent so much time in Tellius. Though if I've learned anything from this, it's that I should go out on a journey to explore as much as I can with my life.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Cynthia is a ****ing moron.

I'm playing her paralogue to recruit her. And what's the first thing this cat does?

She barrels straight into Chrom (who is, incidentally, her father) and is UTTERLY ANNIHILATED. That map was the cleanest ever as Chrom used her for a mop.
For the record: Chrom's rating is 215. He's second only to the Avatar (233).

This is going to be a challenge. Both Sumia and Chrom are pretty damn strong.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest

I'm playing her paralogue to recruit her. And what's the first thing this cat does?

She barrels straight into Chrom (who is, incidentally, her father) and is UTTERLY ANNIHILATED. That map was the cleanest ever as Chrom used her for a mop.

You can either move closer with a higher range unit, or move Chrom to just a tile out of range and let her move to him without being able to attack him. You can also un-equip a unit's weapon.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
You can either move closer with a higher range unit, or move Chrom to just a tile out of range and let her move to him without being able to attack him. You can also un-equip a unit's weapon.
Never thought of that... It's not like being weaponless is exactly going to hurt Chrom. They can't touch him to begin with, and if they can, they average about 0 damage these days.

Ever notice the enemy tends to miss a **** ton more than they should if they don't do any damage to begin with? It's like the RNG is screwing with you. It's making them miss all these 0 damages 30% hits so the 29,482,574 damage 25% hits can actually hit.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Dang it.. Any potential spoilers about RD? I'm still not done with that game.

....why the likes exactly?:facepalm:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
And then Link comes in
:younglinkmelee:: Time travel?
:4robinm:: Yeah
:younglinkmelee:: I now that feel, bro
:4robinf:: You mean Sis
:link64::linkmelee::link2::toonlink::4tlink::4link:: HYYYAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!
:........ Sigh
Fixed.

Yeah, you are correct, ther abouts.\e thing that I have figured out though (not sure if you guys have already figured this out though) is (possible spoiler?)
that Lucina and Grima didn't go back in time rather they went into a different timeline, other wise Awakening could have never happened

In other words, it is just a bunch of

Didn't you hear? We force him to do ten pushups every time he hits the like button.
Ah, so that explains it.

Last edited:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
I really love Ike's view on the world and some of the things he said to Yune. He's such a simple man who treats everyone fairly with respect and knows how to answer a problem. By far my favorite lord,
"It's true. We don't have much use for gods. But...Well you show us what we should aspire to. We need inspiration. You give us a reason to grow. To become more than we are. And if we don't have that, Yune, we're nothing more than statues."

Man I love Ike. He makes 'right and wrong' dilemmas that characters from other games, and even characters from his own world, would whine about endlessly seem so simple.

It's almost sad to see this tale end since I've spent so much time in Tellius. Though if I've learned anything from this, it's that I should go out on a journey to explore as much as I can with my life.
I felt the same way when I finished it. But hey, there's always another world to explore.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Didn't you hear? We force him to do ten pushups every time he hits the like button.
How about a drinking game? Every time @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy likes you, take a sip.

I know that feel bro/sis.

On the plus side Cynthia is one of my strongest Units. She decimates everything as a Wyvern Lord

My Lucina just became destroyer of gods. She doesn't just kill her opponents, she completely annihilates them. She can clear entire armies of powerful units herself..with a Bronze weapon. Now she has a forged Silver Blade.

Ashnard? He trembled as real power stood before him.
Ike? The god slayer? One shotted.
Marth? This is the Hero King?

Her skill set is Galeforce, Lethality, Aether, Rightful King, Ignis

She always activates one of these skills at least once and when she doesn't, she kills her opponent anyway because her stats are so damm powerful. The way she is now, she could beat Grima so hard into the ground that he never wished he waked up, becoming traumatized in the process. Also the little giggle she does whenever she beats someone is adorable.

Tiki is also in the process of becoming a destruction incarnate. Her defense is absurd already.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
My Pikachu amiibo won an amiibo only tournament yesterday. I'm not sure how to feel that my amiibo took first in a tournament before I did. Looks like the pokemon has surpassed it's trainer.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
My Pikachu amiibo won an amiibo only tournament yesterday. I'm not sure how to feel that my amiibo took first in a tournament before I did. Looks like the pokemon has surpassed it's trainer.
It'll be much more exciting when a Robin amiibo wins an amiibo only tournament. :cheep:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I'm not getting notifications from here even when I post regularly, and it's driving me insane.

Any of the Paralogues where you have to recruit an enemy unit are a pain for me, but some of my favorite characters come out of those. I liked Yarne enough to marry him on a run, and I liked Cynthia so much that my first Morgan married her. She's one of my better units in my first run, and since she's a Chrom daughter in my second, she has potential.

Shaymikyu

The only reason I haven't been posting here is the lack of notifications. Guess I just need to check daily manually.:4duckhunt:

Anyway, I'm working on a huge project for a class. Aside from that, nothing notable happened. Can't remember if I mentioned here that I beat EarthBound a couple of weeks ago, plus I'm slowly making my way through Cave Story. As mentioned before, I'm not too good at Platformers that don't have Kirby in the title (though Mario 3D World isn't giving me much trouble yet), but Cave Story is worth it.

Hong

The Strongest
The only reason I haven't been posting here is the lack of notifications. Guess I just need to check daily manually.:4duckhunt:
Maybe you closed the browser after you got a notification.

Anyway, I'm working on a huge project for a class. Aside from that, nothing notable happened. Can't remember if I mentioned here that I beat EarthBound a couple of weeks ago, plus I'm slowly making my way through Cave Story. As mentioned before, I'm not too good at Platformers that don't have Kirby in the title (though Mario 3D World isn't giving me much trouble yet), but Cave Story is worth it.
EarthBound best Bound. ♥ I'm due for my own annual play-through.

Won't spoil too much, but there are a few variations of a jetpack in Cave Story. It helps us non-platformer-enthusiasts enjoy the exploration aspects a bit more. That said, glad you are enjoying Cave Story. :)
Going out for breakfast with my parents, waiting to be accepted to my college...same old.
B R E A K F A S T B O Y S

Hope your college acceptance works out. You're a smart guy.
I'm hoping that Lucina and Lucario won't feel so "icky" to play once I have a GCN controller...GamePad is not doing it for me.
Game Pad is awful IMO. You should feel better with the GC controller.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
While Codename Steam does not interest me in the slighest, I really like the artwork for the Fire Emblem characters.
Of course, if I could ever actually obtain a Lucina amiibo, then I would be interested in playing Codename Steam with her. But, it seems like that will never happen due to Nintendo's bull**** with the amiibos.

tl;dr Nintendo, because I can't get your amiibos, I'm not trying your game. Congratulations.

Of course, I could also use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.
Ha ha. HA.
No.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Y U M

It's only a matter of time. Between my score of 1400/1600 on the enrollment exam(when the average is 1200), my score of 95 on the mandatory TOEFL(being American born gives me a select number of advantages) and my good high school grades, it's practically sealed in at this point.

Hong

The Strongest
That's a nice avatar, Kenith.

Between Lucina and Lucario, as far as being a "better" character, I think Lucario is going to win more as you get better at the game. I say "win more" versus "better" because Lucario's winning strategies, that is use of Force Palm and Aura Sphere to camp, does not seem like a lot of fun. Marth and Lucina inversely seem like more fun and elegant.

Shaymikyu

Maybe you closed the browser after you got a notification.

EarthBound best Bound. ♥ I'm due for my own annual play-through.

Won't spoil too much, but there are a few variations of a jetpack in Cave Story. It helps us non-platformer-enthusiasts enjoy the exploration aspects a bit more. That said, glad you are enjoying Cave Story. :)

Maybe...

And yes, EB is absolutely amazing. Definitely a game I'll eventually revisit because I'm sure I didn't hit everything on the first run.

And I have yet to get the jetpack in Cave Story (though my anti-spoiler policy extends more to plot than items).
While Codename Steam does not interest me in the slighest, I really like the artwork for the Fire Emblem characters.
Of course, if I could ever actually obtain a Lucina amiibo, then I would be interested in playing Codename Steam with her. But, it seems like that will never happen due to Nintendo's bull**** with the amiibos.

tl;dr Nintendo, because I can't get your amiibos, I'm not trying your game. Congratulations.

Of course, I could also use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.
Ha ha. HA.
No.
Welcome to my world. The horror stories are making me legitimately frightened that I won't get Ness ever.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Don't think too hard about it.
The time travel in this game is a bit inconsistent in it's own universe, imo.
Long story short: Grima takes control of bad future Robin, who had his memoris, causes apocalypse, Lucina and company travels "back to the past" (I say like this because it's implied they created another timeline doing that, or another "universe" if it makes thing easier to understand), Grima goes after them to ensure his existence, it seems, tries to take control of present Robin, but fails, causing his amnesia, and decides to stick only with bad future Robin's body. Present Robin doesn't fall for Grima's control because it's implied that the amnesia helped him fight back and then he has a chance to end Grima for real
Well...in the end it was long story. Welp, sorry.

Hey tacticians, I thought I would post this picture here, for no really reason.

@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy

Thanks Shrooby :happysheep:

Err, cof cof.
...could someone please make a M!Robin version?

<3 Earthbound. :ness:

That's funny, because I just cleared Mother 1 recently.
It's welll...kinda unimpressive compared to Earthbound, and easy to get lost, and random encounters:urg: (No really, use that damn Easy ring you get at the start of the game. Even with it I happened to have 5 encounters within 10 steps. That wasn't funny.)
Though I think Mother 1's version of the Eight Melodies is the best.

And the vocalized version just because I liked it too muchEmbarrass

Shaymikyu

I'm doing EBO/M1 once I have time. I'm not sure if I'll make it all the way if it's as difficult as I've heard, but I feel like I need to beat it so I can say I played all 3 Mother games, plus it does interest me still.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That's a nice avatar, Kenith.
Thanks. Although at a smaller size it resembles an image scaled down in Paint, which is somewhat ugly, but apparently that's how it's supposed to look. Considering smoothing out the lines myself, but I still think it looks great.
Between Lucina and Lucario, as far as being a "better" character, I think Lucario is going to win more as you get better at the game. I say "win more" versus "better" because Lucario's winning strategies, that is use of Force Palm and Aura Sphere to camp, does not seem like a lot of fun. Marth and Lucina inversely seem like more fun and elegant.
Well, part of my incentive for maining Lucina is that she isn't top-tier, that way it's all the more surprising when I rekt people with her. But none of that matters if the character isn't fun, right? That's sort of where I am right now. I'm really hoping that Gamepad controls for Smash are just garbage and I'll feel right at home with the best Nintendo controller ever made.
If I ever get a damned adapter, of course. ****ing Nintendo...
My team is as follows:
- Lucina, the brave and heroic swordsman
- Lucario, the loyal mentor to the swordsman and master of martial arts
- Mega Man, the silent assassin working with the swordsman and the master
- Rosalina, the mysterious guide to the heroes from beyond the stars
My beautiful blue team.

As you can see, if I truly need a "top tier" character, I have Lucario and Rosalina.

EDIT: Ganondorf's the villain, btw. I use him quite a bit.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hey tacticians, I thought I would post this picture here, for no really reason.

@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy
That's why everyone likes Ike.
Damn, I forgot. Only 390 more to god then.
How about a drinking game? Every time @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy likes you, take a sip.
She gon' be drunk erry day of 'er life.
I found @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy IRL:

:troll:
Damn, I thought the steroids were supposed to make my muscles not so humongous.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If roles had to be described to my team of characters...

-Ness, the kind and brave psychic who leads the group.
-Robin, tactical genius and inspiring supporter. Seeks to learn more about himself and the friends around him.
-Luigi, the loyal and quirky cowardly lion who would take a bullet for his friends.
-Mega Man, the serious and perseverant heavy guns who spends his time thinking and training wih Robin.
-Olimar, the sage of the group, who uses his experence and leadership skills to guide Ness and company to victory.

Hong

The Strongest
:4robinf:: Tony Stark of Smash Bros. Rich, stylish, everyone both wants her or wants to be her.
:4charizard:: Robin's true love interest, but as a beast their love is considered forbidden. He takes his anger out on others.
:4myfriends:: Can't find his friends and now he's upset.
:4villagerf:: Watches my other characters while they are sleeping.

Top Bottom