• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I haven't been around in this thread for a while? How's everyone doing?

I think I'm starting to understand how to really play Robin. You don't want to approach. You want your opponent to be approach and bait and punish.
Robin thread? This is the Captain Falcon appreciation thread, now buckle up your seat and enjoy the ride :)

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Maribelle is mean. Her C support with the Avatar is so mean.

She is SO going to marry Gregor since he is the lowest born of the lowborn in this merry bunch of misfits.
Bruh for all YOU know Gregor is actually a noble in disguise.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I didn't play Zelda until Ocarina of Time...3D.
I've since played Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, and I'm currently playing Wind Waker and Majora's Mask 3D.
I also played a little bit of A Link to the Past and didn't really get into it. I decided I don't really like the overhead Zeldas.

That experience of playing Ocarina of Time 3D for the first time, though... I don't know, it was like the first time in a long time where I felt like... I had never been so wrong.
I wasn't interested in Zelda at all before that, but when I got my 3DS as a gift, the person who got it for me figured they should get a game with it even though I hadn't actually asked for any, so I got it without really wanting to play it in the first place.
Going into it, "I have no interest in this game, but I owe it to the person who got it for me to try it."
...It was surreal how much I enjoyed this series I had knowingly put aside for so long.
Since then, I've become more open to trying new games.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
It's a bit late, but alas, my OC:

I'm actually happy at how his expression turned out.
I figure he's the type to have an "unimpressed" expression all the time, unless he's sleeping.

Happy now, LIQUID12A LIQUID12A ?

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I've played OoT, MM, SS, WW, LTTP, and the beginning of Twilight Princess. I really like Zelda games, just exploring the worlds and the adventure. Some of them are kind of tutorial heavy near the beginnings though.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I always preferred Mario over Link. I remember getting annoyed whenever Link won the GameFAQs character battles. I did play Ocarina of Time, but once I jumped straight to Majora's Mask, it didn't click. It wasn't until Chuggaaconroy's LP of Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword's release that made me appreciate the Zelda series. I played those three along with OoT 3D, ALBW, and Hyrule Warriors. Majora's Mask 3D is next on my list, but I can't get it because of college.

But that's nothing compared to me and Pokemon. I could've started with Ruby and Sapphire, but I ended up starting with Platinum. It had nothing to do with me not being interested in the series. It was thanks to something in Smash Bros that caused my younger self to despise the series.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I always preferred Mario over Link. I remember getting annoyed whenever Link won the GameFAQs character battles. I did play Ocarina of Time, but once I jumped straight to Majora's Mask, it didn't click. It wasn't until Chuggaaconroy's LP of Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword's release that made me appreciate the Zelda series. I played those three along with OoT 3D, ALBW, and Hyrule Warriors. Majora's Mask 3D is next on my list, but I can't get it because of college.

But that's nothing compared to me and Pokemon. I could've started with Ruby and Sapphire, but I ended up starting with Platinum. It had nothing to do with me not being interested in the series. It was thanks to something in Smash Bros that caused my younger self to despise the series.
I wonder what that "thing" could be?
:039::jigglypuff64::jigglypuffmelee::jigglypuff::4jigglypuff:
I wonder.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930

I figure he's the type to have an "unimpressed" expression all the time, unless he's sleeping.

Y'all and your super cool looking OC renders. I'll just sit here and be a potato who doesn't have gimp or photoshop (and I can't get them either, due to parental controls on this computer :c)
But seriously, it looks great. Awesome job. 0:

I have yet to make my character...
*fist bump* You and me both. ;D (unless this reply is uber late and you already made one)

Godspeed on the Nuzlocke. Also welcome back.

Also also a villager sounds either interesting or horrifying, thus worth a try.

That's why you carry your GIMP?

[EDIT:] I'm home now, and a bunch of you will probably notice that I've added your NNIDs when you sit down in front of your Wii U next.

At the risk of casting a creepy-wide net I yanked everyone in the last five pages.

Frankly I'm hoping that I'll get bodied by some of you enough to learn what the hell I'm doing. If you'd like to pick out which taunt you really want to use most after obliterating a yellow rat, hit me up and I'll do my best.
Ahh thank you. The nuzlocke is already done but we're just doing a heck ton of planning. :p
And if you added me, then you're in for some disappointment because I'm not all too hot with smash in actuality. I just like talking about Robin and playing with my casual n00b friends. \ o /

And heck yeah, totally going for villager then. :shades:
I've noticed no one has made a Taguel or a Manakete, which is interesting considering how creative you can be with them and how powerful the latter class is. (But hey who am I to talk, I chose to be a villager because I'm too lazy to be creative :awesome:)

What's cooking?

I'm quite curious to see this Nuzlocke by you, hope you get it up going! Especially after all the art stuff you've done.
At the earliest it'll come in the summer… got a lot of planning to do. P: That and I don't actually have a drawing tablet and I want to get this done digitally. If I drew any more stuff I'd throw it at you guys but I haven't so I'll just disappear into homework procrastination land again.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
@ The Merc The Merc

Of course I'm looking forward to the next Legend of Zelda! That's because I love the Legend of Zelda series.

That said, just because I like something, doesn't mean I always think someone has to have played it to have some kind of fulfillment. Etrian Odyssey is my favourite series as you know, but I wouldn't tell people to play it unless I knew they would like hardcore CRPGs. Few games I could recommend to the general populace; EarthBound or Chrono Trigger would be examples of games I could suggest to anybody.
YA! :happysheep:. Yeah, I guess I know what you mean. I just think I don't get effect by it as bad as others in some cases. Though speaking of Etrain, after I complete number 4, which one do you suggest I play next?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I love Jiggs but IK she has a hate club that makes Michaia jealous
I like Jiggs.
It had nothing to do with Jigglypuff. It was, as my younger self called it, Dorkachu. The nickname was influenced by Ed Edd n Eddy.
:025::pikachu64::pikachumelee:
Your younger self was a piece of crap... Jk but seriously, what the hell.
*fist bump* You and me both. ;D (unless this reply is uber late and you already made one)
Nope, still haven't made one.

Hong

The Strongest
YA! :happysheep:. Yeah, I guess I know what you mean. I just think I don't get effect by it as bad as others in some cases. Though speaking of Etrain, after I complete number 4, which one do you suggest I play next?
Hard to say because IV is waaay better than the rest of the series IMO, which is not saying anything bad about the series because I'd play any of the games any day. If you want something like IV, get Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millenium Girl. Play it on Classic mode. If you want something really off-beat, Etrian Odyssey III is great (but you have to get a physical copy). The classes, the sailing system, some of the areas and enemies are just so weird. Half of the classes seem super original in a way where it's not necessarily good or bad... just weird.

EOU on the other hand is pretty straight-up and simple, which I like.

If you play EOU on Classic, make sure you go into the options and switch to the modern music settings.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Jigglypuff is my favourite pokemon in smash mainly because I played kirby a lot during my casual melee and brawl days, so I was used to the multiple jumps. I mean I know they are pretty different but still, they're both pink. I tried doing a pokemon nuzlocke once but I couldn't get into it. Pokemon can be so grindy and it's not really fun unless you play an older game that's harder(but requires tons of grinding) or a hacked version like blaze black. A lot of the newer games are too easy for nuzlockes. It's weird because I have done Xcom ironman runs before but I don't like pokemon nuzlockes.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Y'all and your super cool looking OC renders. I'll just sit here and be a potato who doesn't have gimp or photoshop (and I can't get them either, due to parental controls on this computer :c)
But seriously, it looks great. Awesome job. 0:
Nope, still haven't made one.
*Double fist bump* I haven't and can't either. Not that I can't down;road Gimp or Photoshop, just I don't know how to use either, plus my character in my head seems super complicated :sadsheep:.

Hard to say because IV is waaay better than the rest of the series IMO, which is not saying anything bad about the series because I'd play any of the games any day. If you want something like IV, get Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millenium Girl. Play it on Classic mode. If you want something really off-beat, Etrian Odyssey III is great (but you have to get a physical copy). The classes, the sailing system, some of the areas and enemies are just so weird. Half of the classes seem super original in a way where it's not necessarily good or bad... just weird.

EOU on the other hand is pretty straight-up and simple, which I like.

If you play EOU on Classic, make sure you go into the options and switch to the modern music settings.

I'll dot those down then, thanks Hong :happysheep:. Also, the music sound awesome XD.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

why no tag notification

That's quite cool.
i was expecting a woman

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I think I might just draw my OC and Scan him (I'm a terrible artist tho)

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
I think I might just draw my OC and Scan him (I'm a terrible artist tho)
Hm, I might do that to, as I can't use gimp and I am pretty ok at drawing. Also, I really don't want to face this

Yes… Bring in all the drawings… :colorful:

I second Hong. Do it. :4robinm: I must judge for myself how wonderful your art will be. (Plus I really like seeing stuff that you guys actually make :D)

Okay but if you really don't want to then you don't have to. You shouldn't have to feel pressured into doing it. :)

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
why no tag notification

That's quite cool.
i was expecting a woman
Hey, I just wanted to make a handsome man ;p

Thanks tacticians :3

I can't stop listening to this soundtrack now.
Fan-made games don't normally hype me this much, but I'll make an exception for this one

C'mon! It doesn't even feel fan-made!

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
The only Zelda games I truly adore are Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, the former of which helped me try out the other games when the previous ones failed to. Majora and Skyward Sword are both pretty cool, but the rest are meh to me, especially the 2D games; I just really prefer the characterization of the side characters and Link (and expressive! :4tlink:) of the aforementioned games. It also helps that those first two games gave me reasons to explore the world.

Also, Twilight Princess has the best incarnation of Zelda imo. :4zelda:Skyward Sword has the best characterization of her though.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I'm finally reaching the true Endgame in Radiant Dawn. I've just finished the duel between Ike and the Black Knight and my word it was fun. I made the mistake of not supplying myself with enough weapons/putting equipment back into the convoy. While the duel was going on, I had my other units fight off the hordes of The Order units who kept showing up and now I find myself with low durability on my strong equipment. It was also amusing since I had Micaiah go talk to the general Levail. He told me that he was going to keep his men from hurting Micaiah's group. Levail then proceeds the very next turn to throw a spear at Sothe.

As for my Cel Awakening run, I'm trying to get Chrom with Olivia again since I've decided that is my favorite pairing for Chrom. I've gotten Cel married to Nowi (I married her again, I can't help it) I had to get Sully and Sumia married off before I go and do Chapter 11. While I'm trying not to do any DLC for this run, I've still cheated a bit by using Streetpass teams and using items from Bonus Box/renown awards. I've gotten the idea of making my next Streetpas Team nothing but Avatars.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I love Jiggs but IK she has a hate club that makes Michaia jealous
If there was a character I wanted to just up and vanish like, right now, Jiggs would be the one. As someone once said about Pichu, its appearance burns my eyes and its noises make my ears bleed.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
If there was a character I wanted to just up and vanish like, right now, Jiggs would be the one. As someone once said about Pichu, its appearance burns my eyes and its noises make my ears bleed.
Jigglypuff mirrors must be hell to you.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
To be honest, I never understood why Jiggs was in Smash in the first place. I wondered why Jiggs was able to make it in so I figured she must be really popular over in Japan.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
To be honest, I never understood why Jiggs was in Smash in the first place. I wondered why Jiggs was able to make it in so I figured she must be really popular over in Japan.
She's probably in cuz she was really prominent in the anime when 64 was released. I'm just glad she's in because Rest is the best and most painful punish move in the game :')

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

I wonder how far along this family line really goes...

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
I had the sudden urge.

Still unimpressed on his birthday party.

Enjoy the low quality trackpad art. :seuss:
@ Elezir Elezir

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Yes… Bring in all the drawings… :colorful:

I second Hong. Do it. :4robinm: I must judge for myself how wonderful your art will be. (Plus I really like seeing stuff that you guys actually make :D)

Okay but if you really don't want to then you don't have to. You shouldn't have to feel pressured into doing it. :)
I may or may not have a draw, just depends on a few things, though I am doing a drawing of Young Link at the moment and could show you if you would lie to see it when I am done :).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hay tacticians
So I've just started my playthrough of Awakening on Lunatic+
I'm thinking of pairing Chrom with Say'ri or Anna this time
DO IT FOR ANNA.
Wait, I'm pretty sure we've been over this...or maybe it was someone else?
Either way, spread the love for ANNA.
EDIT: I'm assuming you meant to say Robin, btw.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
View attachment 40546
Hay tacticians
So I've just started my playthrough of Awakening on Lunatic+
I'm thinking of pairing Chrom with Say'ri or Anna this time
Well, considering he won't gain any support levels with them, that's quite the brave decision on Lunatic+.

Unless you're actually talking about Robin. In that case: Go for it!

That's really dang snazzy!

I just finished a bit more work on Jona, too.
I think I finally managed to approximate Awakening's style to a point where I'm content to just leave it be.

First, the version I ended on yesterday with a lot of the facial details intact, then an edit where I tried to mimic the shading and style of Awakening a bit more and finally one where I tried my hands at making the eyes look more Awakening, too.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Also, Say'ri doesn't become available until AFTER you've already married Chrom to somebody.

Top Bottom