• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I always thought it was the angle that made it look like a sword arm. Though it's stilll no excuse as to why the hell would Ike use a Javelin as a sword :4lemmy:

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like DLC characters get any sort of support options. Which is kind of lame. Why didn't they go the whole nine yards?

For example, you threw in Hector, Eliwood and Lyn. Why didn't their support convos follow? Sure, they maybe don't get offspring characters, but throw in their support conversations from their home games so that way they're not at a disadvantage.

I'd wager that these characters are tossed in for nostalgia and fanservice. Go all the way, man! Jeez.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Random possible minority statment here: I didn't gush over the cyan haired dancer when I saw the new FE trailer. Though, I am interested in what her story is.

Looking forward to the new game!

Hopefully by then I'll have 100% done all the bonus maps and paralogues in Awakening.....

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
So correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like DLC characters get any sort of support options. Which is kind of lame. Why didn't they go the whole nine yards?

For example, you threw in Hector, Eliwood and Lyn. Why didn't their support convos follow? Sure, they maybe don't get offspring characters, but throw in their support conversations from their home games so that way they're not at a disadvantage.

I'd wager that these characters are tossed in for nostalgia and fanservice. Go all the way, man! Jeez.
Well, yeah, we need to remember this was supposed to be the last Fire Emblem, so in case Awakening sold bad, the last in the series would have all FE characters.

I do think a support conversation for Hector, Lyn and Eliwood is asking too much, though, even more because the sheer volume of script they already had to make for the other character is quite a lot.

I would be awesome if they did manage to do it, though.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759

Not every dlc character came from a game that had support coversations if I recall correctly.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Well, yeah, we need to remember this was supposed to be the last Fire Emblem, so in case Awakening sold bad, the last in the series would have all FE characters.

I do think a support conversation for Hector, Lyn and Eliwood is asking too much, though, even more because the sheer volume of script they already had to make for the other character is quite a lot.

I would be awesome if they did manage to do it, though.
I'm not saying they needed to make new ones, just throw the ones from their native game in there.

As for the first part: is that why the new Fire Emblem is called "If"??
Not every dlc character came from a game that had support coversations if I recall correctly.
There is that.

In other news, I'm sad that I can't find Nintendo music (FE, others) to stick into my music library. I'm forced to rely on youtube, which isn't the best solution because I have to manually go and choose the next song. It doesn't make for conducive writing.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
"Sword arm thing"? Uh, are you sure that his arm isn't just positioned behind his body? Anyway, I wonder where @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy is at. I reckon he will fell very salty if he miss out on this conversation about Ike.
I'd join but it'd be pointless, everything Ike I like.

I still can't find an Ike Amiibo to fight for my friends dammit!!

Edit: and for where I was at. I was finishing Majora's Mask 3D and the moon is more beautiful than I remember.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sword for an arm?

That's stupid.
I recruited Ike in Rogues & Redeemers 3 and he doesn't have a sword for an arm. I dunno why he has one in his artwork.
I gotta say that Ike's sword arm puts Owain's sword hand to massive shame.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I legitimately thought that, based on his DLC artwork, Ike looses his arm at the end of one of his games, and has a sword arm to replace it.

:joyful:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
A blast to the past.

At least there's that PM mod. :seuss:

Poor Chrom, always getting the short end of the stick. On the other hand, making constantly fun of him might turn him into tyrant someday like a certain someone

and the future will look like this

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
art thou high

how is the bringer of the apocalypse beautiful lol
Truly spoken like somebody who didn't beat the game yet. :p

I dislike a lot of the Einherjar artworks due to them being forced into the always-almost-there-but-never-quite-decent-looking outfits of the Awakening classes.
And some just got plain bad art. Poor Micaiah. She may be a bit bland, but she didn't deserve that.
To add insult to injury, they can't support and are, aside from Marth, all clearly build with the Robin character creation. Thus, none of them look like the actual character they are trying to represent.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You have met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Well, no. I'm not dead yet. :4dedede:

In all honesty, the series has never appealed to me. Don't know why, but that's how it is. Not saying it's a bad series, but as it is, not my type.

Maybe I'll also get Hyrule Warriors when I get a Wii U for those times when Smash bores me, but otherwise, meh.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Majora's Mask has this peaceful/disturbing dynamic...

I love it. It makes me want an Alice's Adventures in wonderland game created by Aonuma.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
So, I've been busy in Gimp again.

And I think I've stared too long at this, zoomed in, ironing out smaller details. I really can't tell anymore if the styles of the face and the rest of the image clash horribly or if it actually came out decent...

It also made me realize how incredibly undetailed the faces in Awakening are. They are almost a solid colour with one small strip of shading.

Oh well. Even if it turns out that the picture doesn't mesh well I can still at least say I learned a lot about Gimp and art (particularly shading) in general.

Last edited:

Stevie100

Smash Rookie
Rather someone who hasn't touched a Zelda game at all.
Join the party, I never owned nintendo systems as a kid minus handhelds and a nes, which I mostly used for mario and megaman, only played one zelda 'link to the past' didn't play my first smash til brawl on the wii either :p

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'd join but it'd be pointless, everything Ike I like.

I still can't find an Ike Amiibo to fight for my friends dammit!!

Edit: and for where I was at. I was finishing Majora's Mask 3D and the moon is more beautiful than I remember.
Okay.

Really it's that beautiful. Well then I definitely need to get it this weekend XD.

art thou high

how is the bringer of the apocalypse beautiful lol
Rather someone who hasn't touched a Zelda game at all.
Art you high? I never forgot you never playing a Zelda game. How do you live you life out man?

It's even more beautiful on 3DS though.

Well, no. I'm not dead yet. :4dedede:
I hope you are not referring to what I think you are referring to.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I on the other hand grew up on smash, with 64 being my first game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Art you high? I never forgot you never playing a Zelda game. How do you live you life out man?

I hope you are not referring to what I think you are referring to.
I live my life out playing other games, quite obviously. :cheep:

And no, that creepypasta is quite frankly stupid.

Hong

The Strongest
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A You are just fine the way you are. Coming from someone who likes Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, I don't think you missed much in the past 20 years of the series. If you get the chance to try Link to the Past for free, you should just to see what the fuss is about. If you like it, then you can go into the series. That aside, you'll live happily without it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A You are just fine the way you are. Coming from someone who likes Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, I don't think you missed much in the past 20 years of the series. If you get the chance to try Link to the Past for free, you should just to see what the fuss is about. If you like it, then you can go into the series. That aside, you'll live happily without it.
I partially attribute my lack of attraction to LoZ to the fact that not a single game from the series was introduced to me in my youth. At least with the other big names, like Pokemon(Yellow version), Mario(SMB Deluxe, SM64DS), and Metroid(Prime Hunters(also a big reason Sylux is a favorite of mine) and Fusion), I had some exposure to them, but oddly enough, not a single Zelda game. Then again, my association with Nintendo wasn't on the same level as Sony, given that the latter was the one I had the big name consoles for; I was limited to Nintendo handhelds until the Wii. And even then, Zelda still never struck me as something I should play.

Elezir

As someone who played every Zelda game that could be played on a emulator and grew bored pretty quick on most games of the series, I have to second that.
Not that it's bad, it's just that I either play a game for it's story or it's characters (bonus if it has strong points in both), and as long as the battle system or the dungeon design aren't overly annoying, I don't care much for the rest.
For me, Zelda is kind of lacking when it comes to storyline and characters, even more because most of the time you only has Link, your silent protagonist and, in worst cases, a campanion like...eww, Navi.
A big reason I liked Twilight Princess was our awesome partner Midna.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Maribelle is mean. Her C support with the Avatar is so mean.

She is SO going to marry Gregor since he is the lowest born of the lowborn in this merry bunch of misfits.

Elezir

She is SO going to marry Gregor since he is the lowest born of the lowborn in this merry bunch of misfits.
I'm ok with Maribelle, she's nice in her own way, I suppose.

Also completely unrelated, but but....I need to share this with someone.

I love these guys. Just...just...
I could cry of happiness right now.
Only thing that makes me sad is that I can't pay them for the game. Not even a single donation.:sadsheep:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
As someone who played every Zelda game that could be played on a emulator and grew bored pretty quick on most games of the series, I have to second that.
Not that it's bad, it's just that I either play a game for it's story or it's characters (bonus if it has strong points in both), and as long as the battle system or the dungeon design aren't overly annoying, I don't care much for the rest.
For me, Zelda is kind of lacking when it comes to storyline and characters, even more because most of the time you only has Link, your silent protagonist and, in worst cases, a campanion like...eww, Navi.
And I still feel to stress that Navi was still way less annoying than the internet claims her to be, while Fii is even worse than that.

Anyways, despite my joking earlier I think I have to agree that the biggest step Zelda has made within 20 years was the jump to 3D. And only because it basicly created a new gameplay style most Zelda games and a good number of 3D action adventures have stuck to.
Other than that, Zelda has never been mind blowing, but always extremely solid. And there is nothing wrong with that.

But you can't do this to Gregor! He is really cool guy!

Oh well. At least Gegor won't have to worry about filling purse anymore.

Though I think Donnel's farmer or Gaius' thief are both a good few steps below mercenary when it comes to social status in semi-medieval-fantasy times.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I live my life out playing other games, quite obviously. :cheep:

And no, that creepypasta is quite frankly stupid.
Nah, that's fine. You have you're likes and I have mine. It's quiet simple :).

Oh, I thought you were referring the the Game Theory episode.
But, but-

I don't even know how to reply :(.
What about Zelda Wii U?!

Elezir

But, but-

What about Zelda Wii U?!
You are talking about the open-world Zelda? Eh, let's see how that goes...
I normally see open world=sandbox, on a pretty "Elder Scrolls" style, so I want to see them pull that off without "comprometing" the world they have already build, as to say, or screwing the entire thing off, since this kind of genre is more used on Western game, so Western market has more experience with it than Eastern...that, however, may be an unbased fear of mine.
No need to say I'll wait a bit to say something about that new game.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nah, that's fine. You have you're likes and I have mine. It's quiet simple :).

Oh, I thought you were referring the the Game Theory episode.

But, but-

What about Zelda Wii U?!
In case you didn't know, buddy, were in the Robin thread at the moment, full of Fire Emblem fans, in which the games are known for their story and character development, its also a Strategy RPG instead of an Action-Adventure. You should expect some people not liking Zelda.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You are talking about the open-world Zelda? Eh, let's see how that goes...
I normally see open world=sandbox, on a pretty "Elder Scrolls" style, so I want to see them pull that off without "comprometing" the world they have already build, as to say, or screwing the entire thing off, since this kind of genre is more used on Western game, so Western market has more experience with it than Eastern...that, however, may be an unbased fear of mine.
No need to say I'll wait a bit to say something about that new game.
I just what to define physic with Epona when I am riding on a mountain :laugh:.

In case you didn't know, buddy, were in the Robin thread at the moment, full of Fire Emblem fans, in which the games are known for their story and character development, its also a Strategy RPG instead of an Action-Adventure. You should expect some people not liking Zelda.
Ok. Dam, now I really need to play more FE games than just Awakening, but I have no money ;-;.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
But, but-

What about Zelda Wii U?!
Not everyone is going to like The Legend of Zelda, as unfortunate as that is. Tis life though as everyone has differences of opinion on various subjects, ESPECIALLY video games. If you enjoy it and love it, then that's all that should matter. Not everyone likes Fire Emblem or Mario, Pokemon, Kirby, and various other series as much as other games they play and that's alright. One of my favourite games of all time is Skyward Sword and I know how many gamers dislike that Zelda game but I could care less. What's important is that I love it and enjoy it throughly.

But if it's any consolation to you, Unknown Hero, I am a very big Legend of Zelda fan so your not alone. ^w^ I am very much looking forward to Zelda U!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Not everyone is going to like The Legend of Zelda, as unfortunate as that is. Tis life though as everyone has differences of opinion on various subjects, ESPECIALLY video games. If you enjoy it and love it, then that's all that should matter. Not everyone likes Fire Emblem or Mario, Pokemon, Kirby, and various other series as much as other games they play and that's alright. One of my favourite games of all time is Skyward Sword and I know how many gamers dislike that Zelda game but I could care less. What's important is that I love it and enjoy it throughly.

But if it's any consolation to you, Unknown Hero, I am a very big Legend of Zelda fan so your not alone. ^w^ I am very much looking forward to Zelda U!
Thanks Syrek, you are always look out for me :happysheep:. You and @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy . I thank you too. You both are to kind. Yeah, I love Skyward Sword, it's great XD. I even love Fi, who we both know has got a very bad reputation.

Hong

The Strongest
@ The Merc The Merc

Of course I'm looking forward to the next Legend of Zelda! That's because I love the Legend of Zelda series.

That said, just because I like something, doesn't mean I always think someone has to have played it to have some kind of fulfillment. Etrian Odyssey is my favourite series as you know, but I wouldn't tell people to play it unless I knew they would like hardcore CRPGs. Few games I could recommend to the general populace; EarthBound or Chrono Trigger would be examples of games I could suggest to anybody.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I haven't been around in this thread for a while? How's everyone doing?

I think I'm starting to understand how to really play Robin. You don't want to approach. You want your opponent to be approach and bait and punish.

Top Bottom