• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263
We get good kid. We just get good.

It ain't about preference in our eyes it's about how effective you can be. I can see people going into a tournament using a 3DS as their controller because it feels natural to them.
That's kinda like using a paperclip instead of a fork but you do you I guess.
Also don't call me "kid" please

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That's kinda like using a paperclip instead of a fork but you do you I guess.
Also don't call me "kid" please
You still a kid in my eyes, bro. But it's more of using a cheap plastic spork over a silver folk really. The paper clip comparison only works if I'm playing Smash with touch controls

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
I don't understand how 3DS users play Robin. I play like garbage without my :GCCN:.
I dunno, I just got used to it...then again, I've never really used the GC controller and still have no idea when and how to use the C stick.
We get good kid. We just get good.

It ain't about preference in our eyes it's about how effective you can be. I can see people going into a tournament using a 3DS as their controller because it feels natural to them.

Plus Poverty

Also giving up to @Delta Fist but man you went for the Checkmate instead of the DThrow -> Jab combo which left you open. I understand the idea but I would have gone the safer route
I play with a GC controller and I STILL dont use the C-stick :p
Although I have my controller set up in case I ever want to learn it

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I must be some kind of abomination. I seriously feel that i play worse when i use the gamecube controller, but feel right at home with the game pad or controller pro. And coming from someone who's been using that controller since my childhood with Melee, i simply do not understand why.
Maybe i should buy a new one, mine's kind of a pioneer already and the buttons have accumulated dust under them for years. :088:

D

Deleted member

I don't understand how 3DS users play Robin. I play like garbage without my :GCCN:.
Robin destroyed my Circle Pad...
Even when I do play Robin, I don't use the C-Stick. It's a bit out of my way for me... hahaha. I think I use it when I try to get a smash attack and the match is super freaking laggy (getting tilts to neutral attacks instead of smashes hurts ;-; ).

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Great stuff, @Delta Fist! Taking a stock (two if you count the bizarre SD) off one of the best players in the world is very impressive!

Your t-shirt is adorable, by the way - and I saw your tag! You go Delta gorl~ ;3

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Well, I'm caught up to what what I missed on Monday. Have an amiibo custom of our Boy.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
So.. I've finally decided to get FE: Awakening. The game was really fun, I like the pair up mechanic, I like most of the characters in the game, I think the maps are well designed and the story, while pretty weak especially when compared to the Jugdral and the Tellius games, is pretty enjoyable.

Also, Nah is best child unit. She murders everything. All of her stats are capped except MAG, DEF(Although its really close to capping) and RES. Her Japanese voice is the cutest thing ever. She kills things while screaming "DESU!~". She is simply too precious to marry her off to someone. Nah is love, Nah is life.

Her skills are Odd Rythm, Wyrmsbane, Aegis, Vantage and Astra in case if anyone is curious :3
Considering to
swap Vantage for either Deliverer or Quick Burn since its really unlikely for Nah to even get Low Health considering her capped HP stat, nearly capped Defense and Dragonstone+ bonuses.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Apparently, Skull Kid is going to be playable in Hyrule Warriors Legends
(And today I have a cold, sadly)

Edit: Hong Hong appears as a broken image apparently.

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Zareidriel Zareidriel sad that I missed you, heard you were gone already by the time Sunday rolled around. :Q I'd say Ohio isn't too far and we might run into each other, except I have no plans to travel anytime soon, so maybe not. Maybe we'll run into each other on Anther's again.
Sorry we missed each other! I looked for you a little but to no avail. I'm sure we'll run into one another someday as long as we both keep Robining.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I can't believe I only just now 1)found out that Reno was going to STR and 2) got the pun.:sheikmelee: ( I wish I had caught up with thier twitter.) Also the pokeball tournament is returning. Didn't know that either.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Sorry for the super late reply but you can help me tomorrow! I'll be busy today.
Works for me. I'm not doing anything tomorrow aside from a 15 minute meeting with one of my professors at 11 so I can play you around maybe 1ish or later.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I kept debating whether or not I should wait until Legends came out since it apparently comes with all the Wii U's dlc content. I ended up getting it now since it was under $50. Pretty fun stuff~ Why'd I wait so long to get this game?!
Too bad I missed out on doing this thing

D

Deleted member

Works for me. I'm not doing anything tomorrow aside from a 15 minute meeting with one of my professors at 11 so I can play you around maybe 1ish or later.
Sounds good to me. Do you have skype? We don't need to call or anything, just message because the computer I'm using is downstairs and my Wii U is upstairs.

D

Deleted member

Apparently, Skull Kid is going to be playable in Hyrule Warriors Legends
(And today I have a cold, sadly)

Edit: Hong Hong appears as a broken image apparently.
It's pretty awesome that they finally added Skull Kid, but I wonder why he wasn't added in the Majora's Mask DLC pack...
I hope that Groose is playable. If he is, I would have a reason to buy Legends.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Sounds good to me. Do you have skype? We don't need to call or anything, just message because the computer I'm using is downstairs and my Wii U is upstairs.
No, I don't but I should probably get an account since it sounds convenient and every one here seems to have one. If you are logged in to Smashboards by the time I'm done with my meeting, I'll shoot you a reminder.

D

Deleted member

No, I don't but I should probably get an account since it sounds convenient and every one here seems to have one. If you are logged in to Smashboards by the time I'm done with my meeting, I'll shoot you a reminder.
I recommend skype for sure. I'll try to be logged in still, if not, I'll see the reminder tomorrow morning/afternoon.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Top Bottom