• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Nah

Smash Champion
thats some pretty damn good play for having tournament nerves

I wish I could fight half that well without nerves

Matsushi

True Blood
Last edited:

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Thank you very much! Yeah, I'm hoping the tournament nerves will go as I attend more tourneys! The fact that there was a huge crowd during my streamed matches and even my matches that weren't streamed kinda made me like !!!! damn. It was fun, though! :3 I should definitely put some earphones in next time since I see quite a few players do it, and music usually motivates me in general anyway. Thank you so much for the advice! :drshrug:
Try that the music doesn't distract you from the match so search for a good song that can flow with your style, something not too over complex and tink in something like background music, thats why I listen to Videogames OST when I play.

Personally I listen to this song when playing with Robin in a tourney match. But look for something of your taste :happysheep:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
My matches from the tourney got uploaded today! In case any of you missed the stream~
I didn't get to watch these because I had classes but damn.

Props from the stranger. You're really skilled with Robin.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't know how people can listen to music and still play games at the same time. I need to be able to clearly hear the sound of a game in order to be able to focus and react properly to it (since my visual reaction speed is horribly slow), which often isn't possible in noisy tourney venues :/ I guess it just works better for some people than for others.

Speaking of reaction speed and such, does anyone know if it's possible to improve one's visual reaction speed? Since I'm starting to feel as if that might be one of my biggest barriers to improvement. (for what it's worth, my current reaction speed is somewhere in the high 300ms, close to 400. Which is really bad.)

Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
So in me and Matsushi Matsushi 's skype shenanigans we've decided to become a tag team for doubles, (when we can actually do them), with our team name being "Hot Spicy Dads in your Area". Matsu didn't pick that name.

I did.

Matsushi

True Blood
Try that the music doesn't distract you from the match so search for a good song that can flow with your style, something not too over complex and tink in something like background music, thats why I listen to Videogames OST when I play.

Personally I listen to this song when playing with Robin in a tourney match. But look for something of your taste :happysheep:

Video game OSTs sounds like a good idea, I also think something upbeat would work too! I'll have to test it out the next time I attend a tourney. If it works, I'll make it a regular thing, if not, I'll just stick to the game audio instead. But yeah, the only reason I'm a little bit skeptic about listening to music while playing is that there are some sounds in the game there are just so satisfying, if that makes sense. Like Robin's Levin sword aerials when they hit, or Marth's tipper. I like being able to hear that, but yeah, it depends! Thank you very much once again! :3
I didn't get to watch these because I had classes but damn.

Props from the stranger. You're really skilled with Robin.
Aw, thank you! I'm glad you think so~
So in me and Matsushi Matsushi 's skype shenanigans we've decided to become a tag team for doubles, (when we can actually do them), with our team name being "Hot Spicy Dads in your Area". Matsu didn't pick that name.

I did.
I approve of this very much.

:4marth:Hot Spicy Dads in your Area are ready to kick some booty:4myfriends:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
*7.8/10

If you're going to try to meme me, do it right :secretkpop:
But you did it all wrong...it's to much meming.
So, I've been playing a lot of Smash recently. While I was playing, I managed to get a lot of cool photos. Here are some of them

View attachment 76815
Spirit Bomb!

View attachment 76816
Your lack of Strategy amuses me.

View attachment 76817
That moment when you realise you're not going to make it.

I've got some more that i'll show later. This will go for now :) Enjoy!

Oh, so what like everyone else said. He sandbagged.

I'm glad your happy

If they some how figure out the legal issue that surround him, then I would say he along with Wolf will be the next VETs in Sm4sh

I hope so to. I feel like it's going to be an adventure!

*insert PBG adventure joke here*

Glad you approve :)

:135:
Sandbagged like a king...but still very stupid.
Thank you, thank you! Though, there's no need to get jealous, you play a mean Robin yourself~ :3

:cheep:

:halfsheep:

:emptysheep:
:happysheep:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868

I have no words
Edit: I seem to have claimed this page so you guys get an extra from the gallery that i found this work of art in.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I don't know how people can listen to music and still play games at the same time. I need to be able to clearly hear the sound of a game in order to be able to focus and react properly to it (since my visual reaction speed is horribly slow), which often isn't possible in noisy tourney venues :/ I guess it just works better for some people than for others.
Same here. I feel like it's good to hear the sounds of the game. (If only you could hear the game through headphones)
Edit: When I saw the rest of the posts were on this page, I thought I claimed it even though I didn't.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Matsushi Matsushi

I've only watch a bit of one of the matches but mate, your Robin is AMAZING. Even though you didn't bet the first Sonic, just some of the things you did, whoa. Just incredible!

Sandbagged like a king...but still very stupid.
Hm, shame. I really want someone to bet ZeRo.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Same here. I feel like it's good to hear the sounds of the game. (If only you could hear the game through headphones)
While not many sounds are more satisfying than a solid :4marth: tipper f-smash kill, it's not so much that I want to hear the sounds of the game, as that I need to hear the sounds of the game, just to even stand a chance. I don't know if that sounds daft or anything, but I've noticed my entire life that I do much worse at games when I can't hear them properly.

Troykv

Smash Master
Someone knows something about Fire Emblem If/Fates sales?

I'm... worried, I'm actually worried about this... I'm not a elitist... but... this game's success gives me a weird feeling... Oh goddess..

Nah

Smash Champion

I'm... worried, I'm actually worried about this... I'm not a elitist... but... this game's success gives me a weird feeling... Oh goddess..
weird feeling?

we can S-support weapons now too?

hell yeah

...I feel a sudden urge to remove my avatar coming on
you know you wanna change it to that

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
fine then, it is done
You are now generic villager that is killed by generic bandit with a personality flatter than Lucina's chest and Mr. Game & Watch, combined.

How so?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I wasn't aware default Smashboards icon was promoted to general
Didn't you hear? He had to get 3 of his best cavaliers killed by a herd of wyverns just to raise enough money to purchase the item from Anna.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Matsushi Matsushi

I've only watch a bit of one of the matches but mate, your Robin is AMAZING. Even though you didn't bet the first Sonic, just some of the things you did, whoa. Just incredible!

Hm, shame. I really want someone to bet ZeRo.

Might never happen for a long time

Scarhi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eriaaasu
My matches from the tourney got uploaded today! In case any of you missed the stream~
Haha I was at that tournament and unfortunately got called for a match during your set against Paoz, props for making the crowd go INSANE, it was so hype! (I was rooting for him, though :p)

Really nice spacing overall, and I like your use of Nosferatu x) I'm trying to use Robin as a secondary myself, so re-watching you demolish one of my french buddies is a good way to learn xD

Troykv

Smash Master
weird feeling?
Yeah... I don't exactly against Fates but... Fire Emblem now will be always like Fates with some improvements?

This game has a great future, probably will reach the 2M sales, that worries me... This means that the franchise will never need to make important changes again?... This style will be the "definitive"?

Probably sounds like paraonia, but I feel this.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 and I do the most sidetracking things during our matches.

Troykv Troykv don't you worry. FE always shook things up before, good sales won't change that. Besides, pretty sure there is a certain thing even Japan is complaining about.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
We interrupt your waifu praising ritual for an important announcement.

Harold's promoted cipher card looks patriotic as hell. Future avatar hype!

AMERICA
NOHR

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Hail, my son. I am here for you.
I am inclined not to believe that is true due to your title "Your Sworn Protector?" implies that either you question your role or that you loathe your duty to nurse Weeman until he is legally able to log onto www.disney.com

Last edited:
Top Bottom