• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
People always seem to post as soon as I show up.
Instant likes, ahoy!
If you deserve 'em.
If you're a citizen of Hyrule, than it is your legal duty to give your sassy ruler likes.

Disaster awaits those who do not obey.

But if you aren't a citizen, than I still deserve them anyway because ruling a kingdom is hard work and likes make me feel good. :estatic:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I love this avatar, but the urge to change it is tooo stronk.

The things me and Matsushi have to go through :p
If you're a citizen of Hyrule, than it is your legal duty to give your sassy ruler likes.

Disaster awaits those who do not obey.

But if you aren't a citizen, than I still deserve them anyway because ruling a kingdom is hard work and likes make me feel good. :estatic:
Mmmhmm~

:OOOO

Hmmm...

OoT Link doesn't visit anymore, I reckon? :secretkpop:

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Looks like the smash ballot is officially closed now. Progress :p
What is the haps, RST?

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Looks like the smash ballot is officially closed now. Progress :p
What is the haps, RST?

The ballot is closed
The results are in
There is a new character coming to join the ranks of Smash 4
AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CEEENAAAAAAA

too bad that isn't possible :^)

"How Charming..."
obligatory @Matsushi

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
.....it's pretty close to the same color anyway

The_Cardinal The_Cardinal do you happen to have any more advice btw?
I suppose I do have a few more.

1) You fell for a lot of nosferatu mix-ups. It's a great mix-up but it's still slow enough to react to. You can either dodge, jab, or utilt. I also got a way with a lot of them because I used it to exploit specific habits common in many Robins such as instinctively shielding if an arcfire whiff. I of course know this because I do it myself.

2) You relied a bit too much on preemptive elwind anti-juggles. If I was any other player I probably would have gotten hit by them more. But because I am also of the School of Raziek, I know about it. Even if I didn't punish all of them, you're still putting yourself in a bad position afterwards. And the times I did punish, I made you pay for them. It's a great tool but again, you used them preemptively as opposed to on reaction or even on a read.

3) When I was playing you, I got the sense you mainly used projectiles to hit the opponent or to keep the opponent away. Those, of course, are very good reasons but there are more to the projectiles than just that. You can also use them to exert pressure and force or bait an action. And this may actually be even more potent thanks to the added shield stun now although someone would have to correct me if it doesn't affect single hit projectiles like elthunder. For example, if I used elthunder at mid-ish range and you block it, I may wait for you to jump out of shield where I will then meet you with a quick levin fair. In other words, the chance to fair was actually what I was waiting for, not for the elthunder to actually hit. Although if the elthunder did hit, free damage for me.

4) And once again, try to vie for stage control more. That's how important it is and it is something I'm doing my best to improve myself on lately, with varying degrees of success. The ideal place to be in neutral is around center stage (might depend on the stage though) and if you're there exert pressure (i.e. through disjoints, projectiles, etc.) and push/keep the opponent near the edge where there are less options. When you have the advantage, charging thunder is one obvious choice, but you can also choose to push forward and push the advantageous position through various means, especially if an edgeguard opportunity presents itself to you.

Anyways, that's all I got for now. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Embarrass

Sometimes you gotta make heart-breaking sacrifices. :crying:
BRB gettin' The Gate of Time~

The ballot is closed
The results are in
There is a new character coming to join the ranks of Smash 4
AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CEEENAAAAAAA

too bad that isn't possible :^)
I'm done XDDD.

Caught me off-guard with that one~

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
John Cena give me the power to have some power

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Late BH5 shoutouts and updates.

Didn't end up doing any mm's on Saturday despite my previous post - couldn't find the person who beat me in winner's, and I gave up after asking for ~3 mm's that were refused. The last one the guy told me he only had a $5 that he wanted to use for tacos. ...I felt like I was attempting to steal a kid's lunch money or something and stopped asking after that.

Raziek Raziek couldn't find you to say goodbye, but wanted to thank you for the matches, pools support, and time to hang out. I ended up not being at the venue in time to watch your Saturday pools, but I'll definitely check out whatever was streamed/uploaded, looking forward to watching the Zero one.

Célja Célja @Chapter Serf Sorry we didn't hang out more or talk much, I was massively distracted on Sunday. Wish we could have gotten some matches in. Glad we got a pic!

@Zareidriel sad that I missed you, heard you were gone already by the time Sunday rolled around. :Q I'd say Ohio isn't too far and we might run into each other, except I have no plans to travel anytime soon, so maybe not. Maybe we'll run into each other on Anther's again.

also Ori is an amazing TO (not sure how to tag him). I've been to plenty of messy regionals back in Brawl days, but BH5 which was larger, was even better organized, everything was like clockwork. But more than just that, when problems did arise, they were handled on a personal level.

My partner and I couldn't do doubles due to a combination of late partner matching, yet we appeared incorrectly when pools were first posted (initial seeding), and disappeared when the final pools were posted. I asked around for help since we were still listed in the pool list, just not with any pool assigned to us, and eventually ended up talking with Ori. Understandably we couldn't be added into any pool since it would completely mess up seeding and results, when I asked about a refund since we'd already paid, Ori whipped out his wallet and handed me a $20. I was completely in awe and appreciated such generosity, as I was 99% certain that was probably coming from Ori's pocket and not the venue.

Long story short, thank you for such an organized tournament and care to individuals. I've become more star-struck after returning home and realized I've had something that's a once in a lifetime experience.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Late BH5 shoutouts and updates.

Célja Célja @Chapter Serf Sorry we didn't hang out more or talk much, I was massively distracted on Sunday. Wish we could have gotten some matches in. Glad we got a pic!
Yeah, I too wish I could have hung out a little more but I was also a bit distracted. I saw your Robin on I think it was Friday but didn't recognize it was actually you until that Sunday. I would have liked to get some matches as well but I feel that we'll probably run into each other at some later point in our smashing lives.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't understand how 3DS users play Robin. I play like garbage without my :GCCN:.
We get good kid. We just get good.

It ain't about preference in our eyes it's about how effective you can be. I can see people going into a tournament using a 3DS as their controller because it feels natural to them.

Plus Poverty

Also giving up to Célja Célja but man you went for the Checkmate instead of the DThrow -> Jab combo which left you open. I understand the idea but I would have gone the safer route

Top Bottom