• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Thinner character, bigger appeal!" Paper Mario for SSB4; Thread migration soon!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I would definitely not count him out because the stage is a starter.

Shadow Moses Island was a starting stage in Brawl, you played on it several times to unlock Snake. could very easily be a similar situation here.

Don't forget, also, that there was a stage in Brawl called "Mario Bros." Did that deconfirm Mario & Luigi? Nope. Don't let the naming kill your hype.

I do, however, think that if Paper Mario is playable, that he'll be a DLC character rather than on disc and that the stage is just a tease for the future. I'm thinking we have a TYD/SS stage on 3DS, and possibly, when said DLC is launched, a PM64/SPM stage on Wii U.

Never give in! Never surrender!
I forgot to mention: thread will be archived so not viewable until DLC confirmation or if worth after not being in the roster but not [deconfirmed].

Tough, there would be a trophy oddity...

But thanks for reminding me about starters. I forgot.

Actually, wait tomorrow where my mind would be clever since i actually think that I typed a little too fast.

Still, it does hurt him in the end tough.

But I just want to know...let's say he's DLC so, the game is released already. His trophy CAN'T be there if it's the case but don't you feel it would be too odd to do that like it would dead give it away?

I'll let you think because i just came up with that.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Has his stage's icon been confirmed? I know it seems unlikely to be different given that his stage is lumped with other people's but you never know.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I honestly wouldn't worry about the icon either. Its unreliable.

By this logic, Miis and Find Mii aren't in the same franchise and Waluigi is a WarioWare character. Plus Sakurai's already flooded with Mario characters, what's one more?

Have we seen his trophy? I know we've seen Paper Peach's.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I honestly wouldn't worry about the icon either. Its unreliable.

By this logic, Miis and Find Mii aren't in the same franchise and Waluigi is a WarioWare character. Plus Sakurai's already flooded with Mario characters, what's one more?

Have we seen his trophy? I know we've seen Paper Peach's.
we have not, but I just tough about this that might be a problem for DLC.

Can we just agree it's very likely to see him in any form? That statement was true since melee and with a stage, less reason to drop that. So, can you agree that the least he can get isn't nothing, but a trophy right? This only consider the characters and not repping, I don;t think we won't see him in any shape or form.

Here;s the thing: if he's DLC and planned before, it has to not be a trophy and that is just not possible. It would just be way too obvious that something's going on and no one will be surprised after so, I doubt DLC.

What I tough is that it could help to get before release or completely hidden. Because either that happens or he's a trophy in which case [deconfirmed[.

So, we actually might not even need DLC support which means that if he's not there, his end is very soon, but it could be playable at the same time.

In which case, I still go back to the stage and I need to get more info on the sections. After that, the stage could be a starter and it could be a mario rep and still be ok, but what I really want to know is the naming convention AND the section so that I CAN know its meaning.

See, I can;t tell now my level of confidence after it dropped, but I CAN know the sections and then, I COULD get the meaning of "Paper Mario". So, I COULD tell if it works according to a tease or not.

The problem is that normally, I shouldn;t be able to do that so it;s more a double edge...

Last edited:

Kyro172

Smash Rookie
I need this. I really need this. PM: TTYD is possibly one of my favorite games, ever. I'd love to see TTYD Paper Mario in this, none of that sticker star crap. If not a main character, a DLC character would be just as good, I would throw my money at that. And if not that, atleast a Rogueport stage or something.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I need this. I really need this. PM: TTYD is possibly one of my favorite games, ever. I'd love to see TTYD Paper Mario in this, none of that sticker star crap. If not a main character, a DLC character would be just as good, I would throw my money at that. And if not that, atleast a Rogueport stage or something.
You're so kind to support after this :)

Thanks, at least the supporter list is long and slowly growing.

Now, I'll start my thing process, but I just want to link a non Paper Mario music that is really fiiting, is from a game you should play (VVVVVV) and has a fitting name:

If you hate mp3, it's on iTunes.

I like how this music can make me think for a long time and I love the stereo effect.

But anyway, I'm actually happy to saw some still support until the end. That's a proof that you support for want and not expectation and I like to hear that.

So, if you're one of those people, you know where to click below right?

Because you deserve this motivation magic :)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 here's the final destination version of "Paper Mario"
This has been known 3-4 pages ago...

Did you hate a slow sheoom or something? :troll:

I actually like it's not from a leak because I accept it. I didn't like when people made assumption on the roster not being final, but this is objective now.

So, it;s good at the same time.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Haven't posted in a while, but I just want to say I'm more confident in Paper Mario's inclusion now that Mario Kart 8 got that fancy DLC, so Smash could have DLC as well.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, I spent enough time to do a temporary opinion so it might changes, but for now, that's pretty much all I got:
  • Stage repping mario doesn't change the chances itself. Toon link is zelda rep and so, he got a stage to fit him anyway. The same happened with Rosalina and every sub series except dr mario who was meant to be quickly done so that would be why. What this means is that the stage and him could be mario rep and sill be possible to be playable because of the stage.
  • Stage on starting roster doesn't matter too because shadow moose was starter and you even use this stage to unlock snake which means that he would be unlockable and playing on his stage or anything related to it will unlock him.
  • The name means that the WHOLE series is packed in the big box that is mario rep. It's like a box in a bigger one, but with what I said with toon link and Rosalina, this makes him even more plausible to be possible.
  • The tease was missinterpreted. He teased the appearence of the stage and not the repping. What this means tough is that just seeing the stage is the tease itself. It's not a Ridley situation when seeing the stage without Ridley in is the tease. Here, seeing the stage at all is the tease and that would be why they keep showing it and run away like we knew already. Now, we can know everything on the stage and that would be the tease itself. The name doesn't have to do with this tease.
  • Because of how it could be his unlock method, it would be consistent with the above if true.
  • There's only 2 roles he can be: trophy only or playable which imply the trophy. No other possibility exists and with a stage about his series, there's absolutely no reason that both can't happen at the same time and it wouldn't make sense considering he was trophy since melee. If he is a trophy, it deconfirms DLC and before release as you can't just put him playable via DLC after being another role and you would have to change his trophy to show his render and delete the old version. It doesn't make sense so the only way he's not playable is seeing his trophy.
  • We still have no idea of WiiU repping making this even more unsure.
Now, the problem is that if he's unlockable, it makes him quite impossible to tell likely or not. What I know is that it's far from the end and it's not even [unlikely] but [in the dark] which means not enough evidences at the moment with the stage being a very possible one, nothing tells me it has to make him unlockable.

So, I realised that I dramatised this too much. The best thing to do now is to wait and see because I think both outcome are possible at this point.

I you don't have problems with this, I'll do an essay tomorrow. We are now in the perfect middle and btw, the sections doesn't matter in this case.

So, he MIGHT be playable or he MIGHT be a trophy ONLY.

Any thoughts?

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Ok, I spent enough time to do a temporary opinion so it might changes, but for now, that's pretty much all I got:
  • Stage repping mario doesn't change the chances itself. Toon link is zelda rep and so, he got a stage to fit him anyway. The same happened with Rosalina and every sub series except dr mario who was meant to be quickly done so that would be why. What this means is that the stage and him could be mario rep and sill be possible to be playable because of the stage.
  • Stage on starting roster doesn't matter too because shadow moose was starter and you even use this stage to unlock snake which means that he would be unlockable and playing on his stage or anything related to it will unlock him.
  • The name means that the WHOLE series is packed in the big box that is mario rep. It's like a box in a bigger one, but with what I said with toon link and Rosalina, this makes him even more plausible to be possible.
  • The tease was missinterpreted. He teased the appearence of the stage and not the repping. What this means tough is that just seeing the stage is the tease itself. It's not a Ridley situation when seeing the stage without Ridley in is the tease. Here, seeing the stage at all is the tease and that would be why they keep showing it and run away like we knew already. Now, we can know everything on the stage and that would be the tease itself. The name doesn't have to do with this tease.
  • Because of how it could be his unlock method, it would be consistent with the above if true.
  • There's only 2 roles he can be: trophy only or playable which imply the trophy. No other possibility exists and with a stage about his series, there's absolutely no reason that both can't happen at the same time and it wouldn't make sense considering he was trophy since melee. If he is a trophy, it deconfirms DLC and before release as you can't just put him playable via DLC after being another role and you would have to change his trophy to show his render and delete the old version. It doesn't make sense so the only way he's not playable is seeing his trophy.
  • We still have no idea of WiiU repping making this even more unsure.
Now, the problem is that if he's unlockable, it makes him quite impossible to tell likely or not. What I know is that it's far from the end and it's not even [unlikely] but [in the dark] which means not enough evidences at the moment with the stage being a very possible one, nothing tells me it has to make him unlockable.

So, I realised that I dramatised this too much. The best thing to do now is to wait and see because I think both outcome are possible at this point.

I you don't have problems with this, I'll do an essay tomorrow. We are now in the perfect middle and btw, the sections doesn't matter in this case.

So, he MIGHT be playable or he MIGHT be a trophy ONLY.

Any thoughts?
Personally, Paper Mario for me was always a pipedream, an unlikely character whose inclusion solely depended on Sakurai's liking of the character and in turn ability to implement a moveset that would adequately represent what Paper Mario brings to the table. This isn't to say I never supported the character. This thread is the sole reason I joined smashboards. To share my trailer and moveset ideas, to revel in awesome Paper Mario related discussions with others who appreciate his games as much as I do.

So in regards to his likelihood of appearing, I'd say it's down entirely DLC. I can't see him being a character in the game as it is currently. This is, obviously, massively disappointing. However, you guys have all been great. To share this hype with you has been nothing short of special. @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 your love of this character and his games is extraordinary. Nobody could run this thread better than you. Looking at other character support threads with similar replies and views their OP has not got anywhere near the number of likes yours has. You've always believed and that's a tremendous thing.

All in all guys, let's get behind Paper Mario DLC, if indeed, there is any, or at the very least be absolutely stoked that we got a stage. This is a massive repping improvement over past games and is a just reward to the support we have all shown.

tl;dr Awesome thread, awesome people, support DLC PM, I don't think he's in the game.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Personally, Paper Mario for me was always a pipedream, an unlikely character whose inclusion solely depended on Sakurai's liking of the character and in turn ability to implement a moveset that would adequately represent what Paper Mario brings to the table. This isn't to say I never supported the character. This thread is the sole reason I joined smashboards. To share my trailer and moveset ideas, to revel in awesome Paper Mario related discussions with others who appreciate his games as much as I do.

So in regards to his likelihood of appearing, I'd say it's down entirely DLC. I can't see him being a character in the game as it is currently. This is, obviously, massively disappointing. However, you guys have all been great. To share this hype with you has been nothing short of special. @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 your love of this character and his games is extraordinary. Nobody could run this thread better than you. Looking at other character support threads with similar replies and views their OP has not got anywhere near the number of likes yours has. You've always believed and that's a tremendous thing.

All in all guys, let's get behind Paper Mario DLC, if indeed, there is any, or at the very least be absolutely stoked that we got a stage. This is a massive repping improvement over past games and is a just reward to the support we have all shown.

tl;dr Awesome thread, awesome people, support DLC PM, I don't think he's in the game.
Thanks, but I'm afraid that if we see his trophy, I don't think he could be a planned DLC since you would need to delete the old version and it doesn't seem to make sense.

I'll still believe tough, I might suggest to stay because of want and let expectation aside for now because honestly, it's in the middle.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Thanks, but I'm afraid that if we see his trophy, I don't think he could be a planned DLC since you would need to delete the old version and it doesn't seem to make sense.

I'll still believe tough, I might suggest to stay because of want and let expectation aside for now because honestly, it's in the middle.
They could just use a different model for his trophy. I mean it wouldn't be too hard. Melee had three trophies per character so I don't see why this wouldn't possible again.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
They could just use a different model for his trophy. I mean it wouldn't be too hard. Melee had three trophies per character so I don't see why this wouldn't possible again.
inconsistencies.

Not playable on release = render of one of his game with a general description of him.

If DLC after, this would = ^this + a CHARACTER render with a PLAYSTYLE description.

The renders would make this feel too weird in design.

So, they would have to remove the old one.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I once was a Paper Mario supporter, but honestly, he has no chance in this game at this point. Nobody expected Dr. Mario to return, and that's pretty much why I supported Paper Mario, I wanted an iteration of Mario that didn't have a lousy moveset. (FLUDD)

Oh also forgot to mention one of the other reasons I supported him was because of his moveset diversity.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I once was a Paper Mario supporter, but honestly, he has no chance in this game at this point. Nobody expected Dr. Mario to return, and that's pretty much why I supported Paper Mario, I wanted an iteration of Mario that didn't have a lousy moveset. (FLUDD)
not changing anything and that was repeated too much.

Repping doesn't matter enough.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Actually, like I said, let's put chances aside and just enjoy what might be our last moment.

So, I'm going to play spm ch4. Since you might be interested to hear my view on it, that's why I suggest to watch this thread right.

Like, @ Paper Maribro Paper Maribro , I know you were interested so please, stay tuned!

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Paper Mario better be in Smash 4, it's been my favorite RPG series since forever. The humor, the story, the music! Everything! Kinda sad though that Doc got into Smash 4. The thing is, because of Doc getting into Smash 4, I have this odd idea that Sakurai is going to put everyone from the previous Smash games into Smash 4.

Plus the new characters.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I'm just gonna sit here as well and wait. In the meantime, I do have a limited Danger Mario run to do in TTYD before I also do a Pre-Hooktail Pit of 100 Trials run on a separate file. Imagine my stress when I do that challenge... x_x

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I just finished ch4 and I'm about to start ch5.

I like the levels, but the text was kinda boring. Though, I had to use tipi to get what you have to do in 4-2 :)

Speaking of her, I'm again teased a lot of the story. The only thing I know is that the memory texts ARE the core of the plot. In fact, I still don't know why they tease so much. Like, I still have no idea what would happen, but we'll see.

I loved 4-4. It's so...fliipping :)

And yes, I like your idea @ Paper Maribro Paper Maribro :)

Now, it should start to pick up on the plot now. It's so confusing like I don't know what's going on.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
We just need to know what if it's representing the Mario or Paper Mario Series. (btw someone be honest and tell me if my signature is showing up. please.)

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
We just need to know what if it's representing the Mario or Paper Mario Series. (btw someone be honest and tell me if my signature is showing up. please.)
I don't really doubt it, but it should be mario.

Your sig only shows on the first post of page. It did above but not on this post.

But it's not own series. I don't want to ask because it took forever to know if then stage was there so, you could ask if you want.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I don't really doubt it, but it should be mario.

Your sig only shows on the first post of page. It did above but not on this post.

But it's not own series. I don't want to ask because it took forever to know if then stage was there so, you could ask if you want.
Is it showing up now?

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Is it showing up now?
This is what I see on your first post on this page
CheckOutMySonic the HedgehogMovestAnalyzes/Speculation thread -click here-

And as for Paper Mario, I'm really happy now!
We got a stage to honor this great series, and we are most likely going to get some amazing music too!

I really hope Paper Mario gets in as a character, but I'm also happy this series gets more representation each game. I mean we got nothing in SSB(To be expected), we got a trophy in Melee, got even more trophies in Brawl, and we got a stage in this game.

That said, if Paper Mario isn't in, DLC or not, I'm happy with what we got now. Adding Paper Mario to the roster now would be like some delicious paper icing, on an already great paper cake!

Last edited:

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
Wow. It's been forever since I've last posted here.
After all that I've seen, I'm not sure what the chances are. Nevertheless, I'll continue to wait patiently until the Japanese release. Even after all of this stuff, I still have my hope. Geez, although I have to say, I was pretty dumbfounded when I saw Dr. Mario...

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
After all that I've seen, I'm not sure what the chances are. Nevertheless, I'll continue to wait patiently until the Japanese release. Even after all of this stuff, I still have my hope. Geez, although I have to say, I was pretty dumbfounded when I saw Dr. Mario...
That Mario poser can come if he wants. The true prodigal son is what we're fighting for. Although imagine the hilarity of Mario and Paper Mario on a team for a match or even a trailer with Mario seeing Paper Mario. xD

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Just wait until we get Dr. Paper Mario...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm at least very happy to one, any obsession about tease is gone and 2 that there's still enough support. I saw a lot of lurkers here and if you're reading this, support is still welcome. Let's enjoy what might be our final hours or the best moment ever, partners :)

I can now let the thread die if he's not on the roster peacefully. Tbh, getting this thread archived would be the most annoying moment for me, maybe even more annoying than the deconfirmation because that alone, I could live without. It's just that I came to love my experience there so much the end would be particularly sad. Tough, it seems to be like the ending of a Paper Mario game: slow and smooth where you never forget what happened before this end.

So, thanks for all if it were to be an end, but let's just chill about the character and talk about our game experience and final ideas while waiting for the fate to come.

This is what I see on your first post on this page
CheckOutMySonic the HedgehogMovestAnalyzes/Speculation thread -click here-

And as for Paper Mario, I'm really happy now!
We got a stage to honor this great series, and we are most likely going to get some amazing music too!

I really hope Paper Mario gets in as a character, but I'm also happy this series gets more representation each game. I mean we got nothing in SSB(To be expected), we got a trophy in Melee, got even more trophies in Brawl, and we got a stage in this game.

That said, if Paper Mario isn't in, DLC or not, I'm happy with what we got now. Adding Paper Mario to the roster now would be like some delicious paper icing, on an already great paper cake!
I love memory music so, here's one:

Ah, that reminds me that night hype...so crazy. I think I played we believe in you mario in loop for hours while telling to myself "OMG". After so avidly support repping for his series, getting it is another level. It;s like I couldn't believe it. As a fun fact, when people in the potd thread was saying "Paper Mario stage!", I honestly tough it was a joke until I got on google and I realised that it was just the truth. I really panicked when I typed on google and gosh my reaction was just too good to not smile. Then today, I realise how much honor it is for a stage of a trophy only repping. There's so much people that if it was to sacrifice their most wanted, they would go for a stage. I think we just need to consider how high he got even if he's a trophy we would battle in his design which btw is a very awesome thing.

DLC, Unlockable or announced in trailer or not, he has a very good recognition to at least be more appreciated. That actually contributes to my goal and this same goal made me OP here: share my love on TTYD and so, his series.

In fact, I might even go as far to say that it was better than my glitch hunting. That proves how much I love coming here every time for reading replies about him. That is why my moveset review are so detailed it's because just reading those makes me happy. To know that other cares, that just makes me so happy.

END OF MEMORY.

Thanks to spm, I have now a new template for this.

I don't blame dr because being a clone, he wasn't top priority anyway. I think both can live easily together. Hopping and patiently wait by doing support stuff to change your ideas towards chances is what I do and it's what we should do now. So, that's the best way to see it now. I actually will not talk about chances anymore because both equally can happen. I realised I wasn't even there for any expectation or chances at all, I was there for hopping and wanting. I only came here from emotions and memories, not expectations. Which is why I can be emotional about him.

Tough, keep hoping this thread is made for that after all :)

That Mario poser can come if he wants. The true prodigal son is what we're fighting for. Although imagine the hilarity of Mario and Paper Mario on a team for a match or even a trailer with Mario seeing Paper Mario. xD
There's actually one idea in the OP that is btw the best I saw that do a joke like that. It's the @ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax in which btw, congrats on this
trailer idea. Every time I read it, i can;t stop hyping it;s so good.

So, that tells you that I would love that.

I find Paper Dr Mario really confusing because is he a clone or not?

to be continued...

So, I actually think seeing the stage is for the good now even if deconfirmed. We can be happy with the stage so not seeing him isn't a big loss, but with how awesome it would be, there's no reason to give up on support. Give him your pure heart so that we can ignore the chaos heart outside of the thread :)

Now, spm...this is even more teasing so now, I think the game is far longer than I tough. I beat ch5 and the story doesn't seem to progress that much, but the music...I love ch5-3 and 5-4 music. It's so thrilling that I'll add it in the OP. btw, same goes for fractail music because it's so pumping I love it.

Levels, the first was very silly at one point, the second was good for the length, but the third one was the best. The music and exploring so good. and the same goes for 5-4. I don't find boss hard again even tough I use healing items more frequently so we'll see how it goes. btw, Ol Chuck as grabber Assist? Gosh his pose is just awesome and is almost Rawk Hawk (who is of course the best assist along with cortez lol). Dimetio is still too mysterious even tough I know the thing that should mind blown towards the end, I'm teased again.

I realised that 100% will take so long that I actually would disagree on not having replayability. It seems to have hours of it.

So, now ch6!!!

keep hopping guys, give him your wish, crystal star power and pure hearts.
We can be back at full force for this week:

This pumps so much :)

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
I can now let the thread die if he's not on the roster peacefully. Tbh, getting this thread archived would be the most annoying moment for me, maybe even more annoying than the deconfirmation because that alone, I could live without. It's just that I came to love my experience there so much the end would be particularly sad. Tough, it seems to be like the ending of a Paper Mario game: slow and smooth where you never forget what happened before this end.

So, thanks for all if it were to be an end, but let's just chill about the character and talk about our game experience and final ideas while waiting for the fate to come.
We can always start a new thread in the social forums or something. Keep spreading the love of Paper Mario!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
A person on Neogaf by the name of Masked Man is answering questions about the demo, he says that he played on the Paper Mario Stage and only got the Windmill, S.S. Flavion, and SS Bowser's Castle transformations.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=888194&page=176
Well, it doesn;t matter, but it might have to end because time limit and he didn't say the stage recycled.

Like, the only thing that matters now would be seeing his trophy or him playable. Depending on which one we see before, that would matter.

Because we know it can be repped in WiiU and that the stage still rep his series as a whole in the Mario one. No info is even needed now to tell that it can go either way.

So, thanks for sharing, but it still can go either way.

Doing ch7 in spm and gosh I got mind blown on ch6 (you should know what it is if you beat it). Now it's really interesting.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I'm at least very happy to one, any obsession about tease is gone and 2 that there's still enough support. I saw a lot of lurkers here and if you're reading this, support is still welcome. Let's enjoy what might be our final hours or the best moment ever, partners :)

I love memory music so, here's one:

Ah, that reminds me that night hype...so crazy. I think I played we believe in you mario in loop for hours while telling to myself "OMG". After so avidly support repping for his series, getting it is another level. It;s like I couldn't believe it. As a fun fact, when people in the potd thread was saying "Paper Mario stage!", I honestly tough it was a joke until I got on google and I realised that it was just the truth. I really panicked when I typed on google and gosh my reaction was just too good to not smile. Then today, I realise how much honor it is for a stage of a trophy only repping. There's so much people that if it was to sacrifice their most wanted, they would go for a stage. I think we just need to consider how high he got even if he's a trophy we would battle in his design which btw is a very awesome thing.

DLC, Unlockable or announced in trailer or not, he has a very good recognition to at least be more appreciated. That actually contributes to my goal and this same goal made me OP here: share my love on TTYD and so, his series.

In fact, I might even go as far to say that it was better than my glitch hunting. That proves how much I love coming here every time for reading replies about him. That is why my moveset review are so detailed it's because just reading those makes me happy. To know that other cares, that just makes me so happy.

END OF MEMORY.

Thanks to spm, I have now a new template for this.

I don't blame dr because being a clone, he wasn't top priority anyway. I think both can live easily together. Hopping and patiently wait by doing support stuff to change your ideas towards chances is what I do and it's what we should do now. So, that's the best way to see it now. I actually will not talk about chances anymore because both equally can happen. I realised I wasn't even there for any expectation or chances at all, I was there for hopping and wanting. I only came here from emotions and memories, not expectations. Which is why I can be emotional about him.

Tough, keep hoping this thread is made for that after all :)

There's actually one idea in the OP that is btw the best I saw that do a joke like that. It's the @ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax in which btw, congrats on this
trailer idea. Every time I read it, i can;t stop hyping it;s so good.

So, that tells you that I would love that.

I find Paper Dr Mario really confusing because is he a clone or not?

to be continued...

So, I actually think seeing the stage is for the good now even if deconfirmed. We can be happy with the stage so not seeing him isn't a big loss, but with how awesome it would be, there's no reason to give up on support. Give him your pure heart so that we can ignore the chaos heart outside of the thread :)

Now, spm...this is even more teasing so now, I think the game is far longer than I tough. I beat ch5 and the story doesn't seem to progress that much, but the music...I love ch5-3 and 5-4 music. It's so thrilling that I'll add it in the OP. btw, same goes for fractail music because it's so pumping I love it.

Levels, the first was very silly at one point, the second was good for the length, but the third one was the best. The music and exploring so good. and the same goes for 5-4. I don't find boss hard again even tough I use healing items more frequently so we'll see how it goes. btw, Ol Chuck as grabber Assist? Gosh his pose is just awesome and is almost Rawk Hawk (who is of course the best assist along with cortez lol). Dimetio is still too mysterious even tough I know the thing that should mind blown towards the end, I'm teased again.

I realised that 100% will take so long that I actually would disagree on not having replayability. It seems to have hours of it.

So, now ch6!!!

keep hopping guys, give him your wish, crystal star power and pure hearts.
We can be back at full force for this week:

This pumps so much :)

Hahah my pleasure friend :)

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Jesus christ, possibly NINE mario reps? I'm very excited and i'm usually not one to say that franchises shouldn't have too much over-representation, but that kind of tips the scales a bit.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Jesus christ, possibly NINE mario reps? I'm very excited and i'm usually not one to say that franchises shouldn't have too much over-representation, but that kind of tips the scales a bit.
:4robinm:

Paper Mario should represent his own universe anyway, seeing as it's so different from the regular Mario universe.

Last edited:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman

Paper Mario should represent his own universe anyway, seeing as it's so different from the regular Mario universe.
Oh my freakin god! every time I suggested this at another forum (that shall not be named) I was attacked like a burned a stack of Bibles in front of a Christian Church on Sunday morning. If PM is in he definitely should bring with him his own icon I think. It allows for him to bring along more elements from his Universe in smash without making the vanilla Mario universe seem vastly over reped.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, I have just beat ch7 and now, I have lots of things to say.

But first little replies since you're kind to give some :)

It doesn't matter. The number of rep is not the priority in Sakurai's decision and we have proof of this already (like 4 fe rep and btw, we are at 7 rep and he would be the 8th, not the 9th, but getting 7 is a proof in itself).

What really takes priority is first uniqueness, moveset creation proccess, contribution to general gameplay, the general playstyle interpretation procces, how appealing it is for people to buy the game etc... It has been said several time that you could make a general playstyle and make a moveset of him that would be very unique in gameplay. And the artstyle makes him very appealing imo.

But not putting him JUST because there's 7 mario rep doesn't make sense. Sorry, but that's how it is.

Problem: it's not going to happen since the stage has to be a mario rep. It's a starter so if it was own series, he would be in the starting roster and that's not true. So, it can only rep mario.

HOWEVER,

Oh my freakin god! every time I suggested this at another forum (that shall not be named) I was attacked like a burned a stack of Bibles in front of a Christian Church on Sunday morning. If PM is in he definitely should bring with him his own icon I think. It allows for him to bring along more elements from his Universe in smash without making the vanilla Mario universe seem vastly over reped.
Again, it doesn't matter what he reps. This is only the label on the package, not the package itself.

Like, what matters the most is that when anyone would play as him, it has to feel different than mario. Do I really need to explain how easy it is? Check the movesets in the OP if you needed one tough. Anyway, the icon would not tell the contents and people will clearly realise that he's not like mario, but completely different.

Same goes for the stage and everything. I can say that We velieve in you mario is a mario music, but it's still the same music.

Do you see here? mario rep does no restrictions and it's only details.

Tough, let me tell you my opinion before the demo: I felt he was more suited to get his icon. Even if it doesn't matter, dude, just play one game and that even includes sticker star even if I hate it ad you will clearly realise that it's not the usual mario and it's not even strongly related and it seems to have tiny relations.

Tale the visual design, just that I'm done. Now, add animations, music design, mechanics, text quality and basically, most of the games. It's so different that it would even make sense to get the icon.

Fun fact: after some time, I realised he had porential literally EVERYWHERE like crazy big. Just the moveset was like a huge box with hundreds possible interpretation. There's so much to work with that even to this day, I'm still surprised of the ideas here. Then, you have stages like theater where listing the possibilities would take a long essay. Music, dozens of them all awesome. Then you have tattles, palette, sound effects, partners, smash run enemies, events, etc...

It's so crazy that I made my slogan "infinite potential". That is btw why it's in my sig and the tittle permanently as it is the best way to reflect what he cn do.

Like, it's amazing,but the icon won't change that. So, keep hopping!

And own series is very accepted here even lovedto see claims like this. Most here understands how unique his series is and so, people assauling you is actually very bad because you were accurate and it;s explanable.

But feel free to tell your opinion here especially if own series :)

ok spm...this will be long.

Putting everything in spoiler for those who haven't played:

[collapse=SPM SPOILERS]First, ch5 was very good and I loved the music in 5-3. I loved the lenght, but boss was way too easy.

Ch6 was awesome. Totally unexpected. I would have liked to do the full 100 challenge, but the game doesn't want to. Also, huge minf blown even if I knew that tipi was Timpani, knowing that blumiere was count bleck was a big plot twist. He looked severely suspicious, but I didn't think of that. Just that part revealed the general events: something happened about Timpani that made her separated from blumiere while both were in love. It's unclear but timpani was something special and for some reasons, Merlon turned her into a Pixl which made Timpani vanish. I do know Timpani was cursed and Merlon sort of saved her by doing that, but the origin of the curse is unknown. I have my suspicions on dimentio with how Tipi seems to hate him so much. Also, she apparently lost her memory in the curse process and the memory text are her memory progressively coming back. All this to say that blumiere loved her so much that he could not live without her and so, was crazy enough to destroy every world as vengeance and so, he read the dark prognostic and that's how he turned to count bleck and wanted to just wipe everything. He didn't know about the Pixl transformation so what he's doing is pointless and he doesn't know that.

Sad story indeed. I know it's just the start, but that really tells me what we have to deal with. It's really something very emotional and it's really interesting to play with how much thrills it gives.

Now, back to review:

The empty world was really intriguing. The long corridor is just scary to go because it seems to never end. Btw, that's the only boss I admit was a little hard, but not that much.

When you come back tough...mind blown again. I how they name dead as a game over or your game being ended it;s just funny. Anyway, dimentio end your game and so, you get to the most creepy level ever. Btw, I LOVE the music. When you get to the bottom of the river tough...That; freaking creepy sounds. Really, it's scary to hear the sounds it's like a zombie or something.

Anyway, it ends ch 6. Ah yeah, it;s confusing: you get to ch7 to finish ch6 by force and you do ch7 by going into ch7 another time! Just for that, it;s the best so far chapter because you feel so helpless like ch4 in TTYD. Tough, spm ch3 is close second.

Anyway, ch7 was awesome too. 7-2...Gosh I finally got my answer I wanted for a year. The underchomp fight is heavily inspired from the mother series and the music is btw very good and I loved the normal version, the 8 bit one is awesome. It's an easy boss fight, but i don't care because it's a clear proof that the whole series is influenced a lot by mother. TTYD has porky theme c'mon. Last 2 levels felt...so relax and...cloudy :)

No really, that's like playing super mario sunshine the cloud are so cute you just want to jump on them indefinetly. You can't be mad while looking at the screens with those design and those clouds ARE TOO CUTE!!!

But the boss is a joke.

I;m in front of the ch8 door. I probably have the most mind blown I have since the story is really deep indeed and I love it. Especially the thrillsit give you.

So, really, I love this game.
[/collapse]

There you have it. I'll try to beat it tomorrow, but we'll see if my homework schedules says yes.

I really love this game so far. Far from TTYD, but I love it enough to truly consider it a Paper Mario game like PM64 and TTYD. Sticker star is not tough.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter. The number of rep is not the priority in Sakurai's decision and we have proof of this already (like 4 fe rep and btw, we are at 7 rep and he would be the 8th, not the 9th, but getting 7 is a proof in itself).

What really takes priority is first uniqueness, moveset creation proccess, contribution to general gameplay, the general playstyle interpretation procces, how appealing it is for people to buy the game etc... It has been said several time that you could make a general playstyle and make a moveset of him that would be very unique in gameplay. And the artstyle makes him very appealing imo.

But not putting him JUST because there's 7 mario rep doesn't make sense. Sorry, but that's how it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMUFyLGSmwk&list=UUX68K6PdyKbsefY7mrJ8adg

Remind me where i said he shouldn't be in the game because there's a ton of other reps. I only remember saying it is a lot of reps.

Top Bottom