• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Thinner character, bigger appeal!" Paper Mario for SSB4; Thread migration soon!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It would be nice to see the partners show up as Assist Trophies. I could see Watt's attacks going through Shield Attacks but only stunning for example.
Yeah, that works too. I would like flurrie with lip luck and any partners that ends with
that actually attacks. Especially if it`s koops.

You could put enemies or boss.

Like, here's how I see it: you can implement any kind of stuff for repping the series in any way, but Paper Mario has just 2 possibility: trophy or playable which implies a trophy.

So, it's pretty much going to be at least a trophy, but you get that it wouldn`t make sense to be an alt or even less an assist.

Let me put an idea for spm stuff:

ol'chuck for VERY obvious reasons. If there`s an assist from that game, that`s my most wanted. We're close, but not better than Rawk Hawk here and it would be easy to get a Ko on him if he grabs. At least it won`t be like in spm where every boss is too easy and that's kind of a shame for him. That's why he should not take damage.

Tough, amazee dayzee as assist?

Pixl aren`t really possible as assist because they are more with Paper Mario only, but not the partners as they can technically act on their own if he's not playable. Tough, you loose Gombella tattles :(

So, parakarry could work too and he will take an opponnent and try to Ko him via the top blast zone so, it's basically mashing for your life considering the highter percentage is, the harder it is.

Yoshi kid would gulp a foe and spit it on another and both get damaged. Let's say 3 gulp attempt before ending.

Ms mows would tease and steals items as bonus and when I say steal, I mean she make it disappear as she would have the item unless you hit her after enough to make her drop it.

I could go infinite, but that's because no matter if he's playable or not, It may still happen to get assist and any repping is likely with the stage actually. Playable might be enough for that.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Just listened to some of those tunes and let me tell you, you were completely right about it sounding better than the youtube videos I used to use!

Rawk Hawk's theme(one of my favorites) sounds so much better! This music just makes me want PM even more!:b:
Thanks again @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 !!!!!!

StarLight42

Smash Lord

paper mario officially deconfirmed

sorry guys

i supported him the whole way, until dr mario got leaked, then i knew he had no chance :*(

Last edited:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
:c.........:cry:

Well, I at least still think he has a chance at DLC if there is any!
Just have to keep holding on, just like the Chrom thread!

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Well, too bad my first post in here has to come at such an awkward moment. Major props to you guys, I think we all understand how it feels when a supported character´is deconfirmed. It's been fun lurking here, my sympathies.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Didn't think he would get in but I held out some hope. Rest in paper.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
OK, I'm doing it in the morning for leaks prevention.

This will be my final post on this thread, but I will come only after verdict so, it's not dead immediately don't worry :)

Since 4 months, my goal was to revive and remake the Paper Mario thread so that it would really take seriously its original purpose: being a reserved space adapted for supporters to support this wonderful character. With my determination I accumulated with TTYD and my glitch hunt, I was just the best person to handle it.

Before, he was mostly ignored and not much talked. Even myself was mostly talking in secret that I supported him and I felt ashamed until I got used to the community. I remember that day when I revieved the thread. a day or 2 later, I asked @xenoblaze to remake the OP, but it seemed like it was time to give OP to someone else so, he gave me permission and I got the keys like that with a quick mod contact.

I still remember how quick it happened, I was in vacation in an hotel room and I just arrived and invited the admin, was done in the next 5 minutes. I had the tough of being OP before and getting a lot far, but I never tough it would happen in a day.

Next week end was when I revamped the OP. @ Rockaphin Rockaphin quoted a very outdated version of it and it was under construction. This version is here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/infi...o-lets-just-wait.324473/page-10#post-16671895

It was the April 26 version. Look at it now, it got so much better.

That's because the only thing this thread needed isn't people, that was already there, but it just needed that those people was aware of the thread and that I would make it good enough for them to enjoy. That's why I made my best and worked a lot of hours to advertise it via images and words. It rewarded me with a ton of supporters and a ton of ideas motivating me to improve the thread even more with custom fonts and more sections.

at e3 2014, we had 20k views and now, we have almost 60k. The thread was around since 2012 and wasn't even that much active until I advertised the thread.

That really shows you how much I love this character. I was very solid in determination and to see so much people now despite those who left is just so aesome. I really thank you for this wonderful experience I got because it didn't started with me, but you. You're the reason I'm there today and what I did was just to invite you there and welcome you in the supporters. Of course i did gather support, but you made the choice which is far more decisive for a thread health and I really appreciate that.

I'm so happy to just see a moveset, just that makes me smile for days. There's so much potential with him, I had to put every moveset and now, even spoilers isn't enough to realise how much it is. Imagine one person doing all that, that's insane, but we did one person per set and it gave me a huge wall of text that is just glorious to read.

But take the whole OP, I just did what everyone wanted: more info and what people defines support here. I wouldn't be OP if no one supported, but I know there would be a lot more than enough and today, I was right.

With how close we are to the end and the dark times we live recently, please, stay here when this space is available to just cherish the last moments of it. Cherish what I introduced here and what I showed you for maybe what would be the last time.

NEVER GONNA GIVE UP!

Special thanks:

@ SpaceJell0 SpaceJell0 : I pmed you for an mk8 game and this conversation turned into a Paper Mario talk. I liked your support in it even if you weren't the most active on the thread, you were always ready to support and give us hope.
@ScatmansWorld25 Not a supporter, but before the stage reveal, we were in the same support situation and when I looked at your thread, I could prevent problems because I knew how another person could prevent them. I liked your hype style and I respect you a lot for supporting an unpopular choices a lot just like me.
@ 08skidoosh80 08skidoosh80 Recently became a lot active poster and I really love them. i'm glad I converted someone to wav :)
@ Paper Maribro Paper Maribro Even if we disgreed on some points like spm or his chances and that you lost hopes, you were the reason I casted my vote on him in Project M thread. Let's see now if my post was worth in the end now... Also, great suppoerters and I still like your username.
@ MegaMarioMan9 MegaMarioMan9 You saved me from becoming insane in the Pm conversation and I really appreciate that. Sometimes, others are the best solution when you can't solve a problem yourself. Thanks for that!

But most importantly...

@ Rockaphin Rockaphin

Last user in the PM conversation. You literally joined smashboards to support him and because I just happened to be there and becoming more active until I became OP, I could make your account here worthy. I never tough my activities would make one person join here and really, you are active in the character thread a lot with occasional support message for him which helped me a lot in the end. I really like most of the message you made and you kept me motivated as i kept getting hopes in you. I know that they got lost since the leak, but your support will NEVER get lost and it still feels the same in your posts. I appreciate what you made for me and this thread so, maybe we'll play mk8 one day :)

That's it. I would like to tag the full list, but it would be disturbing so, if you're on the list, consider you incuded and you get my full thanks.

Now, this is the time for me to let this thread on its own until we know its fate. I would keep getting updated so don't worry, but if you could pm or tag me when it's known, it will help me a lot with colleges stealing time and that's even if deconfirmed.

Both cases actually are fine with the stage we got. let's just take what is sure for granted and forget what isn't until it becomes sure.

I'm aware someone can leak the game soon so, it's time to say a temporary good bye until verdict.

With that in mind, do not ever, ever, EVER forget this:

WE BELIEVE IN YOU PAPER MARIO!!!

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Warning Received
Yes, another pipe-dream chump (tee hee) gets blown away in the breeze!

Enjoy your tears, I know I certainly will.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Yes, another pipe-dream chump (tee hee) gets blown away in the breeze!

Enjoy your tears, I know I certainly will.
Logsmash, go smash a log up.. you know what, it's not even worth it.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh well, was 10 minutes too late.

212 guests and 24 users...that's crazy it's like 100x time of what I got for the best.

Let me update the tittle if the traffic doesn't prevent me.

It was fun at least. I'll never forget this experience and it will rest in peace in my heart and I'll never forget the good moments I had.

I still have to thank you for this. I shall do the final backups and move on.

He got a stage guys, it's not the end of the world. Until DLC confirmation, it's done now.

I got TTYD reped, what do I need more? I was hoping for it, but I didn't needed it. They did a lot better than brawl repping and now, we at least got that.

This was the best thread and the best supporters I ever met here. Lots of nostalgia, but now, it's time to take html files and move on while letting it here die, but peacefully.

I'll try to make a general Paper Mario series talk somewhere after i pass this lost. Tough, don't worry about my emotions, I'm very glad it happened peacefully now.

This was requested by @ MegaMarioMan9 MegaMarioMan9

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Those here to troll shall automatically get infractions.

Keep discussion civil everyone.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
On a positive note, I have a very good feeling about a new Paper Mario game getting announced within the next year. It's been long enough since Sticker Star.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Paper Mario was the first character that I wanted in Brawl back when the game came out. Nowadays, he's a bit lower but still in my top 5 characters that I wanted to appear in this game.

This is very disappointing, but the game is still gonna be amazing. Hopefully he makes it in next time.

D

Deleted member

Oh man...I was just getting started on my first playthrough of Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door & I saw that shot. (My current progress is collecting the sun & moon stones after fightin the army of fuzzy)

My condolences to everyone here. I would've loved to have him more than Doctor Mario but eh, Sakurai does what Sakurai wants.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
You know what? I'm happy with proper representation for the series with the stage and I'm assuming music.

Next time in Smash 5 we will hopefully get him as a playable character but the Paper Mario content in this game is better than the nothing we got in Melee and Brawl.

A small leap forward but a leap forward nonetheless.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

My most wanted didn't make it. :(

But... Hey, Smash 5 could do the thing and surprise us with a glorious paper-thin newcomer. Sorry, @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
We can always hope to see him in smash 5, i hope to see him there anyway
Sakurai teached me to wait for sequels when they comes and not anticipate them.

I made backups of every pages now.

Everything is saved forever, but frozen in time.

I don't hate dr mario, he has nothing to do with this.

I still need to remind you, he got a stage.

And i'm very happy about it.

Btw, thanks for your sympathy, it helps.

This is the best sad music I've heard, so, listen to it to pass this:

Mods, can you prevent me when you will archive the thread? I just want to know a day before, that will do.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Sorry guys...

I'm glad that there is at least a stage based off him.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Seeing as @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 wrote a thank you to everyone, I thought I should write a thank you back.

Man, nobody could have done a better job at this than you, the time your pour into everything you do is nothing short of astounding. No half-***ed jobs from you ever. The way in which you set up this thread is why I joined Smashboards. You've never stopped believing so maximum respect to you for that. You've absolutely done an amazing job and I'm sure everyone on here agrees with me on that. You engage with everyone in a way that I don't think anyone else can and the fact you've garnered so much support for what is to some a niche character is just brilliant.

All in all, and to use one of your images, you've done a

Wonderful.png

job.

Also I'd like to thank everyone that's been a part of this thread and I've discussed Paper Mario things with, you are all awesome especially the ones I've added as friends on here that I'm sure I will play against when the game finally gets released over here.

Thanks for the wild ride guys, it's been a blast.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Sorry guys, I never really thought that he had much of a shot, but i'm sad for you guys who wanted him in so badly.

Good luck for Smash 5/ DLC!

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
It's been an amazing ride. I'd like to thank everyone for giving support even in tough times. We may have gotten a game over, but we can always restart. (Yes, I know it's cheezy.) Either way, I will always support my favorite games. I hope you will too. Don't have time now, but I'll do a lengthier post later. It's been great.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's been an amazing ride. I'd like to thank everyone for giving support even in tough times. We may have gotten a game over, but we can always restart. (Yes, I know it's cheezy.) Either way, I will always support my favorite games. I hope you will too. Don't have time now, but I'll do a lengthier post later. It's been great.
Do it now because we fot info or the archiving.

ATENTON: According to the admins, EVERY support thread that has NOT been in the roster 24 hours after the Japanese release, they are all archived and closed only reopened upon DLC announcement.

So, if you have your last words, say it BEFORE SATURDAY 11 AM EST.

I watched the Japanese stream and I'm still hyped for the game. Now, I can be sure that the repping of its series was well done. I can't wait to see the music.

It may be a loss for me, but sure is passable.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's sad. I think that Paper Mario would be a perfect character for the series, and Sakurai could do so much with him... But then again, look what Sakurai hasn't done with Toon Link. >.>

Even though I REALLY hate Bowser Jr., I'm not feeling too down about the Mario representation here. Of course, I would have preferred Paper Mario, but Bowser Jr. has earned the spot.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, we did what we could while we could do it, and yet we still have to wait. It was fun hanging around here with you guys, and I enjoyed having over a month of Paper Mario avatars to show my support. Hopefully we get post release DLC for Paper Mario to be playable.

This is CliffJumper saying "Thanks for everything."

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Even though I REALLY hate Bowser Jr., I'm not feeling too down about the Mario representation here. Of course, I would have preferred Paper Mario, but Bowser Jr. has earned the spot.
I'm a huge supporter of both the characters and I'm very happy to see Bowser Jr. I agree that he's earned a spot on the roster.

Even though Paper Mario is basically disconfirmed, I think his chances are very solid in the next installment. ESPECIALLY if we see a Wii U stage. I have to say that I'm very happy to see so many supporters for a character that I use to find rather peculiar.

Anyway, thanks @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5
You revived the thread for my most wanted character and basically gave me a reason to stay on the Boards. This thread was very inactive and I couldn't really show my support since no one would post here. You fixed that though, and made the best OP I've seen. Congratulations man, I hope you'll lead the OP when it comes time for the next Smash.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If there were to be some Mario newcomers in Smash 5, there's no stopping Paper Mario from being the next possible choice with Rosalina and Bowser Jr. out of the way.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I can't believe Doctor Mario got in over Paper Mario. Especially considering all the trophies and stages we currently have in the game representing his respective series. Playing on a Paper Mario stage as Doc without Paper Mario in it feels so empty and heartless from Sakurai. These decisions so far seem lazy, which I don't think is something Nintendo believes in. I'm sticking it out until the end. One of my favorite games growing up as a kid. Smash's modern audience deserves him.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I just again, want to point this out:

Please, stop the negativity towards dr mario. He really has nothing to do with this. Both could have gotten there and what matters is not Dr mario but Paper Mario not getting in.

It's jumping to conclusion and I don't like that.

Really, stop blaming dr mario ok?

z00ted

NO! I WILL NOT STOP! THIS IS UNJUST!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited:

z00ted

LOL I said unjust but I was obviously messing w/ you.
Anyways. I still think it's primarily Dr. Mario's fault and unjust.

I'll leave the thread and not cause any hate/trouble but that's just my opinion so plz respect!!

thx (;

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I was hoping and believing for it... In the end, this is what we got... Hopefully there is DLC for Smash 4, but for now I'll have to settle with Mario and Charizard.

Top Bottom