• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things Id Rather Do Then Brawl

Miztik

Smash Master
the radio kills pretty much everything they play on it...you cant generalize something that is being played on the radio....

unless its soulja boy he just fucking sucks

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

samdaballer

Smash Ace
soldier boy is very consistent, after his hit single "crank dat" which was grammy nominated, he follwed up with "yah trick yah" collaborating with an unknown african american artist named Ayatollah, which is a high ranking title given to Usuli Twelver Shi'a clerics.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Yah Trick Yah has a huge cult following though.

You have any idea how many people randomly go "YAH TRACK YAHHH!!!" at the most unnecessary moments?

btw theres no arguing that 90's (not 80's) was the best decade of hiphop.

Probably 94-98

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
86-95 to me .............but im whack

97 was when all the rappers dressed as the color of the background in music videos

puff and mase did

so did missy elliot(fat missy was a G)

and Busta Rhymes did

and theres some more but i cant think of it

anyway ignore this post cuz its really off topic

Naota21t

Smash Champion
86-95 to me .............but im whack

97 was when all the rappers dressed as the color of the background in music videos

puff and mase did

so did missy elliot(fat missy was a G)

and Busta Rhymes did

and theres some more but i cant think of it

anyway ignore this post cuz its really off topic
80's definitely were good. Rakim, Run DMC, Beasties, LL and NWA made it the golden age (though NWA was fairly late 80's).

As much as I love the 80's... 90's just *****. Especially mid 90's.

90's had Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, 36 Chambers, Blackstar, all biggie albums, 7 day theory, Only Built for Cuban Linx, Supreme Clientele, Doggystyle, any of Too Short's first albums, and SSLP. And thats just off the top of my head.

edit:

BTW!!!! Busta was and always will be ridiculous. Ever since he came and wrecked with Scenario, to even his most recent track, Don't Touch Me Now (remix). He's always been nuts.

oh... and crazy busta rhymes will always be my favorite.

ROARRRR LIKE A DUNGEON DRAGONNNNN!!!!

samdaballer

Smash Ace
alright, who do y'all think is the best rapper ever? dead or alive. your favorite, but who you think is best I have to say tupac.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
tupac made good songs, but he isn't the "best" rapper. i can name tons of rappers that are better then pac, for example:
nas
biggie
jay-z
em (old em)
mos def
talib kweli
common
busta rhymes (old busta)
big l
big pun (pre-i'm not a player)
MF Doom (lol yep)
Ghostface
Raekwon
Method (old method)
Ludacris
LL Cool J (mama-said-knock-you-out LL)
Andre 3000 (southerplayalisticadillacmusik dre)
Royce Da 5'9
Black Thought

depends how you define best, if it's just like straight lyrical, then I'd say Nas.

if it's like other stuff, like tricky flow and versatility , then I'm saying Ludacris. Yep, Luda is madddd underated.

but if you're talking about live performances, it's black thought, with no one even near second (okay... maybe beastie boys)

samdaballer

Smash Ace
tupac made good songs, but he isn't the "best" rapper. i can name tons of rappers that are better then pac, for example:
nas
biggie
jay-z
em (old em)
mos def
talib kweli
common
busta rhymes (old busta)
big l
big pun (pre-i'm not a player)
MF Doom (lol yep)
Ghostface
Raekwon
Method (old method)
Ludacris
LL Cool J (mama-said-knock-you-out LL)
Andre 3000 (southerplayalisticadillacmusik dre)
Royce Da 5'9
Black Thought

depends how you define best, if it's just like straight lyrical, then I'd say Nas.

if it's like other stuff, like tricky flow and versatility , then I'm saying Ludacris. Yep, Luda is madddd underated.

but if you're talking about live performances, it's black thought, with no one even near second (okay... maybe beastie boys)
woah woah woah above pac? the only ones i agree with you are jay, andre, and biggie, they all have a shot, ghostface and ll cool j? you have to be joking.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
i'm telling you that pac was good at making meaningful and just plain good tracks.

but if you're talking just lyrical abilities, pac wasn't that great. look at his lyrics, they're like average. all those I name (cept for maybe MF) are better then him Lyrically.

If you're talking on just making tracks, then it's big, jay, nas, em, and ghostface.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I'd rather play superman 64 than play brawl
I'd rather watch eragon than play brawl (OH SNAP!)

samdaballer

Smash Ace
i'm telling you that pac was good at making meaningful and just plain good tracks.

but if you're talking just lyrical abilities, pac wasn't that great. look at his lyrics, they're like average. all those I name (cept for maybe MF) are better then him Lyrically.

If you're talking on just making tracks, then it's big, jay, nas, em, and ghostface.
it seems as lyrical abilities to you is just line for line, and not the whole package, i'm talking about consistency, delivery, lyrics, everything, THE BEST RAPPER in your opinion

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
first off this is another dumb post about rap i wouldnt recommend wasting ur energy to read it

i say rakim is best(dont kill me)

his rhymes were good and had flow to it

he made sense the entire time*cough*kanye*cough*

and he didnt rap about money hoe$ and he didnt try to be a poetic rapper and try to add deepness in his lyrics. He simply jus rapped riping the mic up when he preformed Microphonefiend/Move the Crowd/I aint no joke are clean examples

and had way better flow that lots of rappers in that era and now

tupac is tite cuz he's the most different to me, i bet eminem(yes slim shady) would win a freestyle between the two(hey ignore me)

naota u made that list and forgot Big Daddy Kane, Bone Thugs or Krs-one on there
(u know jayz started rapping by going on tour with Big Daddy Kane and he lost to Bizzy Bone in a freestyle)

im sorry ima random noob that will stop posting about rap music.......................................

my bad

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Oh ****, I did miss Rakim. I wanted to add Bone Thugs, but I couldn't think of one that had a big enough solo influence.

Bizzy is pretty **** ridiculous at freestyling. I remember seeing one while he had a drink in his hand, totally nuts.

KRS-One should be there too.

if we're talking everything, then top 3 are probably nas, rakim, and maybeeeeee em. though all of them lack consistency (cept for Rakim, that verse he has on the Watcher 2 is nuts)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
why do people think they can criticize current rap when they only know what they heard on the radio?

if you're too lazy to put research in your opinion, you shouldn't expect to be taken seriously.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
Digg del.icio.us StumbleUpon Google

feelings are gay, i don't respect women.

i'd rather ______________________ than play brawl.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
Male R&B artists of today are falling off too.

I only like Lloyd, Musiq, and CB sometimes. Maybe I'm leaving out a few others.
yeah, I really think musiq has this soul aspect that no one else really has, and CB has a reaaaly bright future, great voice, and kick *** dance moves

Top Bottom