• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things Id Rather Do Then Brawl

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
yeah anime sucks, my biggest gripe would be the ****ty dialogue. maybe it's better if you know japanese but if subtitles are at all accurate it's terrible

anime is only good for the action, real people can't punch people across the room or build mechs

but i'd rather watch anime than play brawl

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I think Cowboy Bebop is possibly the best anything ever in all forms of entertainment media (not counting books).

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
cowboy bebop is the epitome of how overrated anime is
I really don't even see what there is to complain about in Cowboy Bebop other than there isn't more of it. It's almost perfectly executed in every way.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Because if that's the best anime has, then it just reaffirms that anime is a 7/10 in terms of maximum entertainment value compared to music, TV, and hell, even movies (and I ****ing hate movies)

LuCKy

Smash Master
I think Cowboy Bebop is possibly the best anything ever in all forms of entertainment media (not counting books).
........no it isnt lol

and p! anime isnt for everyone....but did you watch that spiderman trailer? lol **** looks ****in tight

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
yeah the combat system for the spider-man game looked legit. it just looked a little easy; usually when you have a lock-on target thing like that, it becomes easy as cake to figure out how the AI is stupid and do one combo that ***** the entire gam,e

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Because if that's the best anime has, then it just reaffirms that anime is a 7/10 in terms of maximum entertainment value compared to music, TV, and hell, even movies (and I ****ing hate movies)
I still don't know what in Bebop you find fault with. Have you watched the whole thing? It was originally like 14 episodes, but they added 12 "filler" eps to make it a full season, though most of the 'filler' ones are one par with the rest of the series. I will say that the first episode is definitely one of the weaker ones, but the next few are good, especially "Ballad of Fallen Angels" which may be the best episode. The dialogue is great because almost every line advances the story or develops the characters or is funny. The story isn't ground-breaking, but it's so well done with the whole underlying theme of being able to leave the past behind (or not); I love how it contrasts the 3 main characters' experiences with it. It's also great because nearly everyone who's old enough has had something in their lives happen to them where they can relate in some way to the theme. I think the ending is perfect too. And it's so well-polished. The soundtrack is fu
cking incredible; I thought the ending song for the series was really moving. The animation is great especially by 1998 standards for a series (as opposed to a movie), and the English dub might be the best ever; it's certainly preferable to the Japanese.

However you may just be 2cool4school.

........no it isnt lol
Your reasoning is compelling.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I watched Bebop a while ago. I was kind of being a ****, but if you're actually going to make an effort to prove your point, I respect that. I wouldn't mind re-watching it considering I was like 14 at the time or w/e.

I agree with the animation; that was one of the few things that consistently impressed me.

Miztik

Smash Master
Id rather tear off my own hands just so theres no chance i ever have

2 play brawl .... but then get metal ones that only allow me 2 play melee =D
i would rather watch mango get his hands tear off, then watch him get metal ones than play brawl...

Top Bottom