• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I like F.L.U.D.D more :4mario:>:4drmario:

Mario Tornado is just a variation of Mario/Doc's dair.
I know a Melee Doc main (who tried him out in Sm4sh only to find out he's terrible compared to Melee) and I'm pretty sure he'd be shocked to read that, because Doc.'s Dair is nothing like the Mario Tornado. Also, Mario's Dair was the same as Doc's in Melee instead of being a ridiculously nerfed Tornado. It was changed because of Super Mario Sunshine.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's My Opinion On Clones
-------

I liked Melee clones as well. For some reason i just personally prefer when you have two identical characters and you have to explore deeply for their differences then i do having a completely unique character when it isn't necessary. (Pichu, Young Link, Doctor Mario) However, i think that some clones/semi clones need to be elaborated on more to make them stand out while not being 100% unique like Melee Roy and Melee Falco for example. (Maybe perhaps a medium between :falcomelee: and :falco:?) Also, Dark Pit and Lucina should have more stat differences, like maybe lucina has one new attack and she strikes faster and perhaps Dark Pit should have slower but stronger multi hit attacks and an arrow with more damage/knockback being able to kill uncharged at about 170%, medium charged at 150%, and fully charged at 100%, with an increased charging speed to compensate for his pathetic Electroshock Arm (which should get even weaker because of the arrows).

While others like Ganondorf should be completely unique, having flight, fist, energy, and sword attacks while maintaining balance and Lucas not having PK Thunder but maybe keeping his fire while Toon Link loses his boomerang while still maintaining Arrow.
-----------
As for the DLC.
--------
I am pretty sure that Sakurai will be reluctant to do it but Nintendo will force him to because Reggie gets it done.
And with that DLC, we should get Mewtwo, Toad (knowing Sakurai), Roy, and Marshal (lol Sakurai).
-------
EDIT: @ The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn perhaps saying that it is Mario's dair is a stretch, what i mean to say is that Smash 4 Mario has F.L.U.D.D (a damageless but efficient killing move) and Mario Tornado (Dair good for combos).

Wheras Melee Doc was good, but now is slower, seemingly weaker, (though damage-wise this is false) and Mario Tornado no longer gives him good height (it actually is the reason i die allot now regardless of mashing)
And Doc's Dair just isn't the stuff that it used to be.

Sorry Doc, you had your chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Toad likely won't ever be DLC unless we're talking Captain Toad (whic hthey'll probably save just for Smash Bros 5)

If he was planned for Smash Bros 4, he would've gotten in already. But I don't think he'll ever be a fighter personally

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Toad likely won't ever be DLC unless we're talking Captain Toad (whic hthey'll probably save just for Smash Bros 5)

If he was planned for Smash Bros 4, he would've gotten in already. But I don't think he'll ever be a fighter personally
I have the same feeling, but I think we may see him as an AT in Smash 5 or, this may be kind of a stretch but, he could be a stage "boss" on a CT:TT stage.

D

Deleted member

but that's why! Toad isn't expected, just like Wii Fit Trainer (one of my mains, my first being Mr.G&W) and two more KI reps, Sakurai is a troll, you never know with him.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, Duck Hunt Dog had a thread.
Which means people were expecting him as a "joke" chatacter (or a replacement for Sandbag :p) and yet, he's got an interesting gameplay and I'm glad he's in this game.

(Finally, my dreams of killing that dog can become reality)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Palutena was anticipated by many. In fact, there was even a thread on this site created back in 2012
http://smashboards.com/threads/miracle-of-light-palutena-in-ssb4-general-discussion.324263/
Almost every character had a thread in 2012. You could've brought up that she was the fourth of the "Big 4" alongside K Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo or that everybody expected her because Sakurai worked on her game and he showed bias towards Kirby in Brawl, she was recent, she was popular, and she was a female.

Naoshi

Almost every character had a thread in 2012. You could've brought up that she was the fourth of the "Big 4" alongside K Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo or that everybody expected her because Sakurai worked on her game and he showed bias towards Kirby in Brawl, she was recent, she was popular, and she was a female.
Kirby had bias in Brawl? Kirby was one of the few franchises with only one new stage. Metaknight and Dedede were long overdue for their inclusion on the roster and their inclusions were well deserved. Kirby's bigger than Metroid, Fire Emblem and Mother, which all had 2 reps each (counting ZSS).

EDIT: My mistake, DK is bigger than Kirby. OOPS. Had the wrong franchise in mind.

but that's why! Toad isn't expected, just like Wii Fit Trainer (one of my mains, my first being Mr.G&W) and two more KI reps, Sakurai is a troll, you never know with him.
...Erm... They're not really comparable. I fail to see how any of this is "trolling" either, some of you people have a realll lose definition of trolling, no offense.

Wii Fit Trainer was included because Wii Fit was a HUGE deal for Nintendo. It made an impact on Nintendo's history. Palutena was added because KI deserves a 2nd rep for KIU (given how well it was received + being a million seller), Dark Pit was planned to be an alt but ended up being its own clone slot just like Lucina and Dr. Mario.

None of this is "trolling".

I just don't see Toad being among the new characters for Wii U version's launch, if they were to add anyone new that is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...Erm... They're not really comparable. I fail to see how any of this is "trolling" either, some of you people have a realll lose definition of trolling, no offense.
"I am sorry, but Zero Suit Samus wont be returning in this iteration of super smash brothers
AH! just kidding!"

That's my only reason i think he is at least a semi troll of prankster.

Naoshi

"I am sorry, but Zero Suit Samus wont be returning in this iteration of super smash brothers
AH! just kidding!"

That's my only reason i think he is at least a semi troll of prankster.
What does that have to do with anything?

We're talking about character inclusions, not jokes from a Nintendo Direct. He doesn't include characters for the sake of "trolling".

D

Deleted member

Kirby had bias in Brawl? Kirby was one of the few franchises with only one new stage. Metaknight and Dedede were long overdue for their inclusion on the roster and their inclusions were well deserved. Kirby's bigger than Metroid, Fire Emblem and Mother, which all had 2 reps each (counting ZSS).

EDIT: My mistake, DK is bigger than Kirby. OOPS. Had the wrong franchise in mind.

Wii Fit Trainer was included because Wii Fit was a HUGE deal for Nintendo. It made an impact on Nintendo's history. Palutena was added because KI deserves a 2nd rep for KIU (given how well it was received + being a million seller), Dark Pit was planned to be an alt but ended up being its own clone slot just like Lucina and Dr. Mario.

None of this is "trolling".

I just don't see Toad being among the new characters for Wii U version's launch, if they were to add anyone new that is.
You ignore my other points and nitpick one. Kirby had 2 unique newcomers. You can't exactly say that that isn't bias, and only Dedede was overdue, not Meta Knight. In the SSE, every Kirby character had inflated importance. Dedede had the badges to save people and eventually everybody. Kirby was at the start against Mario, and saved half the fighters. Meta Knight had the Halberd which played a pivotal role in uniting/dividing characters. The SSE was kind of that one mode that took up a ton of development time and delayed the game… I'd say its bias. Some was deserved, some wasn't. I'd rather not argue about this for a while though.

Naoshi

You ignore my other points and nitpick one. Kirby had 2 unique newcomers. You can't exactly say that that isn't bias, and only Dedede was overdue, not Meta Knight. In the SSE, every Kirby character had inflated importance. Dedede had the badges to save people and eventually everybody. Kirby was at the start against Mario, and saved half the fighters. Meta Knight had the Halberd which played a pivotal role in uniting/dividing characters. The SSE was kind of that one mode that took up a ton of development time and delayed the game… I'd say its bias. Some was deserved, some wasn't. I'd rather not argue about this for a while though.
Your points were mostly fine, I only "nitpick" that one because it's the one I disagree with. I don't think the roster on Brawl had any bias towards Kirby, honestly. I feel they were well deserved. You're right that Dedede was the one who's overdue, but I feel both him and Metaknight were very prominent characters from a long running popular series earned their spot in Brawl.

SSE, the bias there, yeah, that can be argued it's definitely there. But we were on the subject about character inclusions, were we not? Story has nothing to do with this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Your points were mostly fine, I only "nitpick" that one because it's the one I disagree with. I don't think the roster on Brawl had any bias towards Kirby, honestly. I feel they were well deserved. You're right that Dedede was the one who's overdue, but I feel both him and Metaknight were very prominent characters from a long running popular series earned their spot in Brawl.

SSE, the bias there, yeah, that can be argued it's definitely there. But we were on the subject about character inclusions, were we not? Story has nothing to do with this.
This is the DLC discussion thread not the flaming thread.
Take a chill pill.

Naoshi

Take a chill pill.
Err... I'm not flaming? If I were sounding rude, I apologize, but I fail to see how debating = flaming. I haven't called him any names or insulted him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope to see Mewtwo in Smash 4.
I also think that Perhaps the 3DS should get more spots for more fighters...

Just sayin...

Let's get this topic back on track

Naoshi

I hope to see Mewtwo in Smash 4.
I also think that Perhaps the 3DS should get more spots for more fighters...

Just sayin...

Let's get this topic back on track
I can see them making use of that Next/Previous Page arrow from the datamined files for the DLC characters. It would allow them to have a 2nd page of characters, with Page 2 being DLC characters, kind of gives them a special spot and not worry much about the spaces I think.

Last edited:

SaburoDaimando

Smash Rookie
Take a chill pill.
*turns off the flamethrower* Aww shucks.

Anyway, in terms of unrevealed characters, I'd rather be surprised than to assume who's gonna be in it. I mean, I did get a couple of surprises in terms of hidden characters so far(Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr)

D

Deleted member

I can see them making use of that Next/Previous Page arrow from the datamined files for the DLC characters. It would allow them to have a 2nd page of characters, with Page 2 being DLC characters, kind of gives them a special spot and not worry much about the spaces I think.
Yeah that sounds like a cool idea. However I think there should be an organizer of a sort with 2 option

Rules -> Next Page -> DLC Layout

-> Full (if there are more than 4 DLCs shrinks the other character spots for DLC room considering its not just 4 open slots anymore)

-> Page (keeps the roster layout the same and adds a DLC option on the CSS, allowing you to view them separately from the default characters)
---
:mewtwomelee::roymelee::pichumelee::younglinkmelee::ivysaur::pt::squirtle::lucas::wolf:

Naoshi

Yeah that sounds like a cool idea. However I think there should be an organizer of a sort with 2 option

-> Full (if there are more than 4 DLCs shrinks the other character spots for DLC room considering its not just 4 open slots anymore)

-> Page (keeps the roster layout the same and adds a DLC option on the CSS, allowing you to view them separately from the default characters)
---
:mewtwomelee::roymelee::pichumelee::younglinkmelee::ivysaur::pt::squirtle::lucas::wolf:
I can see it happening. Although I admit, the stage roster shrinking more and more would probably cause an eyestrain.

Your emoticons at the end of the post reminds me... What missing veterns do you guys feel has a chance to make a return?

I can see Mewtwo, Lucas and Wolf having a decent chance. I'll post my entire thoughts on everyone later!

Last edited:

lightdasher

Smash Lord

---
:mewtwomelee::popo::ivysaur::squirtle::lucas::wolf:
Fixed

D

Deleted member

I can see it happening. Although I admit, the stage roster shrinking more and more would probably cause an eyestrain.

Your emoticons at the end of the post reminds me... What missing veterns do you guys feel has a chance to make a return?

I can see Mewtwo, Lucas and Wolf having a decent chance. I'll post my entire thoughts on everyone later!
I agree with those three as well
Why?

Mewtwo - My favorite pokemon from all the way back in the day. Mewtwo meant allot to me and i thought that he was one of the only pokemon that had morals and that i could relate to. (Like Bellsprout, another one of my favorites who will never make it into smash sadly) Mewtwo also taught me lessons, something that no other pokemon does, and that played a big role in my life, which is why i don't make fun of people with problems/disabilities, because everyone is equal and deserves a chance and "it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are" (even if a few scientist had to go along the way in Mewtwo's case)

And also, Mewtwo looks cool and is fast and powerful with a good attack and special attack stat.

For a moveset i would like if there was a balance between psychic attacks and physical attacks because i don't think that one should overwhelm the other, i mean, why can't a telekenetically crush and toss my foe then get the satisfaction of tail whipping them over and over again?

As for Lucas And Wolf, i never personally cared much for them but so many people miss them that now i want them back even if that means more PKT spamming and F-smash spamming.

Also, I think that you should be able to play as Master Hand and Crazy Hand but the catch is that the Hands only have 120 Hp and once that's gone they lose a stock (unless you're in stamina smash in which your HP will match the other smasher's HP)
Damage-wise their attacks should only deal about Lv4 damage/knockback to you to keep it fair and you should be able to move your hands around freely, in addition, Master and Crazy Hand will have recolors and Master's Final Smash could be turning into Master Core then all of his forms (even the orb) come out WITH Master Hand (overpowered much?) and they (multiple forms of the same Hand lol) annihilate anything in existence and end the "match" instantly. and Crazy Hand's Final Smash should be where he just leaves... then comes back... crazier than ever with all of the bosses that have ever appeared in smash bros (including past versions of Master/Crazy Hand and Tabuu) and destroy existence, ending the "match" instantly.

The reason that they are normally Lv4 weak and only have 120 Hp per-stock is because the Hands (who btw aren't villains) decided to hold back on their creations so they can have a chance.

Oh and throw in Koopa and Goomba for the lolz

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
ill rek u m8

smack u in tha gabber

swer on me mum

put our boy back on that list or so help me ill deck u out

On a serious note, DLC packs themed toward past games sound like a solid idea to me. Some old stages, the lost vets, etc. in little bite sized packs for about $15-20 each. I'd be all over those.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ice Climbers are next to dead, bro. Let it go. They're in both, or none. The only other character that has little chance is Roy(Fire Emblem) and maybe Young Link. Everybody else has a way better chance of returning since they don't have actual problems being in both. Pokemon Trainer is another issue. It's either make him his own unique character, or he's gone. Or he could command one Pokemon for fun, like Squirtle or Ivysaur.

Look, I know the cut sucks. But stop expecting any exclusives. He's made it pretty damn clearly it's not happening. He made it even more blatant by refusing to put the Ice Climbers in the Wii U roster since they won't work on the 3DS at all properly.

:mewtwomelee::pichumelee::ivysaur::squirtle::snake::wolf::lucas: These have the ultimate best chance of returning. Snake is the lowest due to the sole fact he has 3rd party issues. If he wasn't back in 4, him getting back as DLC may actually not be possible.
:pt: He can't do much without his Pokemon, so unless he suddenly commands a new one as a joke, he's probably gone for good.
:popo: Technical issues. Won't work on the 3DS without a ton of work, and that may not be enough. The online lag can already get pretty bad. They'll make it completely unbearable. And we already know both rosters will be the same period, so letting go is the best option.
:roymelee: He shares his name with Roy Koopa. They'd have to rewrite Roy's sound effects just for this. Not the easiest option, especially when the only thing he adds... is fire. Marth currently has a costume(or two, I think) that wears Roy's clothes as a reasonable reference.
:younglinkmelee: Unfortunately, there's not much point here. He could be a fun alt for Toon Link, but that'd probably warrant changing the models for the attacks to be closer to his Melee self. And he wouldn't be worth having as a clone again. Now, if Transformations weren't cut... but they are. :urg: Tis what it is.

I think I covered every cut properly.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Lucina is just a cisgendered Marth who plays like Roy but without the fire visual effects.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Lucina is just a cisgendered Marth who plays like Roy but without the fire visual effects.
Aren't both Marth and Lucina cisgendered?

The only way I can see Ice Climbers getting in this time is if they found some way to make them work on the 3DS but didn't have the time to get them in the base game and made them DLC instead, but the chances of that are very slim at best. But the good news is that Dr. Mario proves cut characters can return, so they'll most likely be in Smash 5.

Out of the "big three" or whatever I see Mewtwo having the best chance of getting in. He was already a playable character and they planned to have him in the three previous games (which means he's probably well-liked by the production team). Dixie Kong would be great because a) more DK representation and b) another girl character (something Smash is still uneven with). I don't care one way or another if Ridley is in, although his inclusion would put an end to those comments about how Sakurai is apparently a huge troll because he says "more boss characters will appear" and then shows Ridley? yeah I don't get that either but this is neither the time nor the place so

Other than them I don't really care one way or another who would get in or not, although more girl characters would be a plus (because again the gender ratio in this game is still strongly towards the guys, although not entirely this game's fault because there are a lot more notable guy characters in the Nintendo universe than girls but eh)

Last edited:

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Not to mention everybody HATES clone characters. They're just nothing but burying empty slots.
Dr Mario isn't a full clone.
His down B is different n so is his down air. Besides we only have 3 clones so everyone needs to quit crying

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Dr Mario isn't a full clone.
His down B is different n so is his down air. Besides we only have 3 clones so everyone needs to quit crying
I don't know switching :GCD::GCB: really matters of claiming dr. a full or half clone, but there's no difference that he's just another Mario in his doctor cosplay.
And yes, we only have 3 clones, but people seems to be adding more in it, like :4ganondorf:, :4falco:, and :4tlink:, which I disagree on it.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
ill rek u m8

smack u in tha gabber

swer on me mum

put our boy back on that list or so help me ill deck u out

On a serious note, DLC packs themed toward past games sound like a solid idea to me. Some old stages, the lost vets, etc. in little bite sized packs for about $15-20 each. I'd be all over those.
20!??!?!
Try 10.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Lucina doesn't play enough like Roy. No mid-blade sweetspot, best dtilt, favorable DED, and sexy launching fsmash. T3H PH1R3 is just the icing on the cake. If anything, his Awakening style could appear as an alt for Lucina or something. Roy supported a nice aggressive, combo/juggle-oriented style whereas Marth was focused on spacing to land the tippers. Just look at PM to see what honing the mechanics can do. If Melee/Brawl characters did return as DLC, their movesets and such wouldn't have to be the same. They'd need to be brought up to speed with the new standard.
20!??!?!
Try 10.
Depends on the size, really.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I know this is surely a joke, but it's still pretty stupid. Marth seemingly acting 'feminine' does nothing to indicate his gender identity. =/

Naoshi

Melee Temple was kind of an obvious choice, was it not? I mean, if Onett comes back then surely the popular Temple would be back too :p

What's that stage with Kirby at the top right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom