• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergiomonty

Smash Rookie
For one I like the ladies, and 2 I think, given the ice climbers situation, makes more sense for her on a programming side.
... But what if they're in their 2d form? like... you know, Mr Game & Watch... they could easily run at 30 fps. Also, as far as I know, the playable character is actually the Conductor, while the kids are his "Pikmin".

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
... But what if they're in their 2d form? like... you know, Mr Game & Watch... they could easily run at 30 fps. Also, as far as I know, the playable character is actually the Conductor, while the kids are his "Pikmin".
A playable character running at 30 fps would not be such a good idea when others runs at 60fps. That's going to cause a lot of issues.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You make it sound like if Ice Climbers were in every character would then be able to chaingrab, don't be stupid.
That wasn't even implied.

Either way, they're in both or in neither version. It's what it is and people really need to get over this by now. I dislike their cut too, but it's time to move on. I lost my Brawl main, but it happens. Unlike that, this cut was necessary because they couldn't work.

Naoshi

But isn't game and watch actually a 3d model?
You're right, he is! It's the best way to make his model all smooth. Going sprite based would leave him to having ugly rendering issues due to the camera's position. (By ugly rendering issues: Think of how the Pokemon DS games' overworld had the sprites. They all stretched and resize depending their position. Imagine that on a playable fighter...)

Either way, they're in both or in neither version. It's what it is and people really need to get over this by now. I dislike their cut too, but it's time to move on. I lost my Brawl main, but it happens. Unlike that, this cut was necessary because they couldn't work.
I agree. Best wait for them in Smash Bros 5 when the next handheld can handle them perfectly fine.

I recall people coming up with an idea to ditch Nana and make Popo a solo fighter. I think compromising a character and their gameplay design like that wouldn't be a good idea. It takes away their special element and ruins their main point.

Last edited:

Naoshi

That sounds like a good idea tbh, i hope it happens, but knowing Sakurai, it would probably go like this.

"Hello, i am Masahiro Sakurai, and today, i will be announcing some characters unseen before, Mewtwo, Impa, Ridley, Wonder Red, Marshal/Rhythm Girl, Mrs.Game&Watch, Midna, Wolf, Lucas, Protoman, and Keeby!...

and do you know how you can see all of these guys?! They are all unlocked at the beginning of the game
As Trophies...
i know you don't like it, but YOU MUST RECOVER!!!"

Hopefully this doesn't happen though and Sakurai makes the right decision by adding in those characters

As Playable Fighters...
Midna is already an AT, Mrs. Game & Watch doesn't exist, Mega Man wouldn't have a second rep (he's third party) and there's way too many characters to expect for the Wii U version. Lower your expectations. lol

EDIT: ...Keeby?

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I'm hoping some genius on the smash team finds a way to keep them from lagging the 3ds and they are added as DLC. Probably not, though.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Speaking of chorus kids, I feel like they were characters that were planned but ultimately scapped hence their inclusion in the gematsu leak like chrom. They were likely left out due to problems with the 3DS like ice climbers.

I feel like we're definitely gonna get more characters, there's just so much pointing towards it and I feel like those will be

Mewtwo - Greninja tease, Highly requested and judging by the wii u versions starting roster on the amiibo page, all the other pokemon characters are avalible from the start
Ridley - EXTREMELY POPULAR, no trophy in the 3DS version, Teased for over a year, still no definite idea on his role in the game and the trophy quiz (Sakurai is a troll those tropies weren't just random plus ridley's theme was playing in the background of a king kihunter trophy)
Impa - , We don't have a new zelda rep, Only decent choice that isn't an assist, Trophy quiz (Once again troll) and ganondorf is a starter on the wii u version
Dixie Kong - Relevant, popular, noticeable lack of DK content in the 3DS version

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
As having many second thoughts, although there are many people supporting for the Chorus kids to join Smash 4, I actually doubt they will. I mean think of it, if Chorus Kids join, that means you'll be controlling 3 characters at once, right? But Ice Climbers, who can control 2 characters at once, were rejected because of the lack of 3DS's machine power, which definitely disposed they're completed model away from Wii U version too, even there were possibilities. So, they disposed the IC because of that, why they accepted CK to join instead? I somehow feel discrimination towards the poor duo, probably thinking because "not really popular among fans and/or Sakurai". Not to mention Rosalina & Luma stole their position/killed them all for having a same system.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...You'd rather have a Yellow Kirby over Ice Climbers?
yes, i hate Ice Climbers and i love Keeby.
(and yes, i am a competitive smasher, just not a collective conformist smasher who only likes stuff because others do without even knowing a thing about that character's actual game series/history)

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
As having many second thoughts, although there are many people supporting for the Chorus kids to join Smash 4, I actually doubt they will. I mean think of it, if Chorus Kids join, that means you'll be controlling 3 characters at once, right? But Ice Climbers, who can control 2 characters at once, were rejected because of the lack of 3DS's machine power, which definitely disposed they're completed model away from Wii U version too, even there were possibilities. So, they disposed the IC because of that, why they accepted CK to join instead? I somehow feel discrimination towards the poor duo, probably thinking because "not really popular among fans and/or Sakurai". Not to mention Rosalina & Luma stole their position/killed them all for having a same system.
I'm pretty sure "if" the Chorus Kids were in they'd work like Duck Hunt. Animated and designed to look like more than one character, but ultimately work as just one in the grand scheme of things. Whereas Nana and Popo were two separate characters with one being controlled by the AI.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
I'm pretty sure "if" the Chorus Kids were in they'd work like Duck Hunt. Animated and designed to look like more than one character, but ultimately work as just one in the grand scheme of things. Whereas Nana and Popo were two separate characters with one being controlled by the AI.
But I don't know whether the Chorus Kids were the right choice. I mean...why them? Of course there are more other characters in Rhythm Heaven series, although we don't know who's the main protagonist/mascot of the series is. I was thinking of Marshal because he looks like a major character of the games, but actually nobody knows.
Although I see many people are extremely against the Ice Climbers and are glad that they're disposed, although I am depressed since I liked them so much as my major character, I do wish they'll come back as a DLC returning veteran. But if controlling 2 characters at once became a problem, then it's better to choose Popo as default and Nana as alt costume, like the Wii Fit Trainer and Robin, or Olimar and Bowser Jr. in other words. Plus rebuilding they're fighting styles and moves to make them more unique if possible. I mean this is Sakurai, he should think more better than us can't he? People say they hated them for chain grabs, but I don't even know what they're talking about since I haven't seen it before. But if there was such thing as is, I'd say it's just a glitch.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
But I don't know whether the Chorus Kids were the right choice. I mean...why them? Of course there are more other characters in Rhythm Heaven series, although we don't know who's the main protagonist/mascot of the series is. I was thinking of Marshal because he looks like a major character of the games, but actually nobody knows.
Although I see many people are extremely against the Ice Climbers and are glad that they're disposed, although I am depressed since I liked them so much as my major character, I do wish they'll come back as a DLC returning veteran. But if controlling 2 characters at once became a problem, then it's better to choose Popo as default and Nana as alt costume, like the Wii Fit Trainer and Robin, or Olimar and Bowser Jr. in other words. Plus rebuilding they're fighting styles and moves to make them more unique if possible. I mean this is Sakurai, he should think more better than us can't he? People say they hated them for chain grabs, but I don't even know what they're talking about since I haven't seen it before. But if there was such thing as is, I'd say it's just a glitch.
They were likely chosen based on uniqueness, like a lot of the smash 4 cast is.

Also having 1 ice climber entirely defeats the purpose and alienates a large portion of their fanbase

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
...You'd rather have a Yellow Kirby over Ice Climbers?
yes, i hate Ice Climbers and i love Keeby.
(and yes, i am a competitive smasher, just not a collective conformist smasher who only likes stuff because others do without even knowing a thing about that character's actual game series/history)
You must be joking.... (look at the yellow one)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The Amazon thing wasn't confirmed yet (although it WOULD be amazing)
Oh ok

Does anyone know what killed the tower of smash rumor?

By the way atleast the Spainkiller rumor is kill proof till one of the 4 gets deconfirmed as playable in the wii u version.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've asked about the whole 1 Climber idea. Very mixed reactions.

That said, ToS is not dead. It's definitely weak, though.

Amazon thing doesn't kill it either. How would the guy know that Event Mode has an entirely new name? It's definitely bad for it, though, with the whole Crazy and Master Orders bit.

And yeah, nowhere does that say that's an exclusive 3DS stage. Now, if it said that, I'd call it dead.(although if he removed the Wii U stage from the list since he didn't like the Flying Man in 3D, but even I call that a stretch)

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Oh ok

Does anyone know what killed the tower of smash rumor?

By the way atleast the Spainkiller rumor is kill proof till one of the 4 gets deconfirmed as playable in the wii u version.
- Not enough space on the 3DS CSS for the five bonus characters
- Its overall vagueness
- Master/Crazy Orders

PeterJude

Smash Ace
"2D" characters to my knowledge don't take any less power than 3D ones. The key is the textures, then the movements realtime. From my knowledge even Mr Game & Watch is a 3D character that is made 2D in engine (that includes Melee).

If you've seen the Pikmin in the game, you'd notice how much lower quality they are. The Chorus Kids would likely either all need to be low quality, or two would look very out of place. Running one character at 60 and two at 30 would also look bizarre.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
"2D" characters to my knowledge don't take any less power than 3D ones. The key is the textures, then the movements realtime. From my knowledge even Mr Game & Watch is a 3D character that is made 2D in engine (that includes Melee).

If you've seen the Pikmin in the game, you'd notice how much lower quality they are. The Chorus Kids would likely either all need to be low quality, or two would look very out of place. Running one character at 60 and two at 30 would also look bizarre.
It would be weird, Game & Watch is an exception since it references the G&W games.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That officially is confirmed not to be Keeby, also, Keeby's feet are a reddish-orange.
But on a lighter note, i also think that Kaby, Korby, and Kaiby should be characters, or at least give them the alternate name treatment.

Oh, and Keeby and Yellow Kirby are two entirely different characters. the second Kirby on your list is Yellow Kirby

http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Keeby
http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Yellow_Kirby

:kirby64::kirbymelee::kirby2::4kirby:

Kirbynuity
Well, I don't think another clone would be good for that game, Doc, Lucina and Pitoo are more than enough

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not to mention everybody HATES clone characters. They're just nothing but burying empty slots.
Joking aside, it's a matter of which clone people want instead. XD It's too bad it wasn't like Melee, where clones were still unique characters using the very basic model with recoloring/new clothes/etc. None were alts. Although maybe Dr. Mario was, but that's only confirmed for 4.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Joking aside, it's a matter of which clone people want instead. XD It's too bad it wasn't like Melee, where clones were still unique characters using the very basic model with recoloring/new clothes/etc. None were alts. Although maybe Dr. Mario was, but that's only confirmed for 4.
Then again, IMO, Doc was the only clones I could accept, because Lucina and Dark Pit's gameplay arenn't as good as their original, but Doc got a different special so different strategies. His differences between him and Mario are also much more noticeable than the other clones and their original.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
False, I don't hate clone characters.
I thought it was sarcasm...

Then again, IMO, Doc was the only clones I could accept, because Lucina and Dark Pit's gameplay arenn't as good as their original, but Doc got a different special so different strategies. His differences between him and Mario are also much more noticeable than the other clones and their original.
Dark Pit at least has a unique Final Smash compared to Pit. That alone does it for me. Lucina could've been an alt, but her gameplay is different enough overall. They all feel pretty fun to me, imo. But to each their own, of course. Also, The Old One-Two is pretty powerful if you get both hits in. KO's fairly early, I must say.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I thought it was sarcasm...

Dark Pit at least has a unique Final Smash compared to Pit. That alone does it for me. Lucina could've been an alt, but her gameplay is different enough overall. They all feel pretty fun to me, imo. But to each their own, of course. Also, The Old One-Two is pretty powerful if you get both hits in. KO's fairly early, I must say.
True, Pitoo does have a different FS, ripping off Zelda/Sheik's

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
True, Pitoo does have a different FS, ripping off Zelda/Sheik's
More like he ripped off Ash from Evil Dead. :p But yeah, it does look awesome and that alone does it for me.

I wouldn't mind DLC for new characters and past clones as well. Same with other veterans. Perhaps Young Link as a full alt for Toon Link with remodeled attacks that are otherwise identical. I'd have loved Masked Link, but obviously Transformations are cut. Other than him using various moves via his Masks, kind of similar to how MegaMan performs Robot Master moves, I can't think of a decent way to uniquely reinvent him.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
- Not enough space on the 3DS CSS for the five bonus characters
- Its overall vagueness
- Master/Crazy Orders
Well there's room for four at least, and there's those arrows that were found for both the css and sss. Also if they resized the css they could fit more characters and the mugshots would still be easily distinguishable from each other. (Except maybe Dark Pit and Pit, harhar.) Then there's that comment from the E3 treehouse streaming about the Mii Fighters taking up the random slot when turned on. Why would that have been in any sort of build unless there hadn't been room in the css at some point? It's possible that really was/is a thing but not as of now since they have some characters held back. I just don't think 5 more characters are out of the realm of possibility at some point down the line. Just gimme Ridley and Mewtwo and I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom