• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
READ THIS FIRST: Since there seems to be misunderstanding, I have something to say. I am fine with the current roster. I don't feel like this needs to happen for me to be content. Honestly, one of my predictions in this I think would be a little bit unfortunate should it come true. I simply noticed some abnormalities and am making inferences to what they may imply about the future of sm4sh. You may now proceed to read this post.

I was looking at the new roster and I noticed a few things.

1. While the full roster was complete in the true leak, all star said not everyone was unlocked, much unlike the release version.

2. This video here showing why Ridley is very likely based on released information. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEcabFkhpa8 yet Ridley was not in the final roster.

3. Much of the hype for this game came from the characters, and all of it led up to the ads, leaving the WiiU with less hype, which would in turn decrease sales.

4. The "final" 3ds roster can fit 4 more character slots onto it and completely fill up the screen without altering the size of any of the character icons.

This leads me to the following hypothesis: There are more characters (my guess would be 4) that will be announced in the months between the launch of the 3ds version and the WiiU version which are not currently available on the 3ds system. This could likely be DLC that the 3ds downloads while the WiiU has all of it preinstalled on the disk, or possibly they must be unlocked via connecting the 2 games and transferring characters.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Is there any hope people will be fine with a 50+ roster?
Pick a main, there's so much variety, you don't like it? Play Candy Crush
Don't act entitled.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Guys, I think there's some misunderstanding. I'm fine with the roster. I don't think this needs to happen. I don't need Ridley and Mewtwo and the Chorus boys to be happy with it. I'm just making observations about the business strategies that I think nintendo is likely to use.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
There will PROBABLY be DLC.
Sadly, it seems right now the final roster is the final roster.
IF there is DLC, it will probably come out the end of next Spring or Summer..

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I think there's some misunderstanding. I'm fine with the roster. I don't think this needs to happen. I don't need Ridley and Mewtwo and the Chorus boys to be happy with it. I'm just making observations about the business strategies that I think nintendo is likely to use.
I think you're on track. There's no way they're going to have us sit on the exact same roster for months. I'm under the assumption they're at the QA stage of the WiiU release, meaning DLC is being (at least) conceptualized at this point.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
This thread is a few months too early IMO. We really aren't going to know if DLC will even be considered until the Wii U release in my opinion. It probably will be at some point, but I'm not getting my hopes up for characters, that's for sure. I plan to just enjoy what we have.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I think you're on track. There's no way they're going to have us sit on the exact same roster for months.
It's not like they're gonna have us sit on the same roster for Melee or Brawl, right?!
It's been thirteen and seven years respectively. People will always complain about the roster, but immediately stating that there should be DLC because people feel offended that their favourite character didn't make it in is not the right way to go about it.

The roster is final until Nintendo officially confirms DLC. We don't know when that might be, or if it will happen at all.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
If no one else is going to have atleast a serious discussion with the OP, I just want you all to realize, he isn't complaining about the roster, just taking a look at a definite possibility, and the truth behind the WiiU versions later release.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
This thread is a few months too early IMO. We really aren't going to know if DLC will even be considered until the Wii U release in my opinion. It probably will be at some point, but I'm not getting my hopes up for characters, that's for sure. I plan to just enjoy what we have.
Did you even read my post? The entire thread is about extra characters coming about/being announced BEFORE the WiiU version for marketing purposes. My proposal involves the possibility of characters having been held back only to be announced throughout the build up to the WiiU version of the game.

ONI SHOULD BE IN SM4SH BECAUSE SAKURAI PUT MEGAMAN AND IN, PLUS GUYS HES MY BEST STREET FIGHTER CHARACTER, AND ITS A BIG SERIES, ALSO SAKURAI SHOULD BE CONSIDERATE OF MY FEELINGS :troll:
ALSO HE SHOULD BE IN BECAUSE WHAT KIND OF BIG FRANCHISE ONLY HAS ONE REP?

Jk, lock this thread though
Why? If you've read my post, I'm not saying why there should be DLC, but why I think they already have it planned. I'm not even sure I think it's a good thing.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well

Isaac is not a assist trophy anymore

Nobody can find the bandana dee trophy (yet)

They could be 2 of the 4

Last edited:

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
It's not like they're gonna have us sit on the same roster for Melee or Brawl, right?!
It's been thirteen and seven years respectively. People will always complain about the roster, but immediately stating that there should be DLC because people feel offended that their favourite character didn't make it in is not the right way to go about it.

The roster is final until Nintendo officially confirms DLC. We don't know when that might be, or if it will happen at all.
Not sure if the first sentence was to patronize me or not, but let's not forget that this is the first Nintendo console that's being supported with post-release content. So far, it has happened for multiple titles. That pattern continuing on this title shouldn't be considered a stretch.

Again, not sure if you're just venting, but this is beyond getting our favorite characters. If the purpose of the 3DS is to give us the full experience, what else can they do to get people to pay for that experience again on a significantly less popular platform?

nintendofan69

Smash Rookie
There was a leak saying that Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Chorus Men, and Ridley would be on the wii u and can be transfered to 3ds. That could be it since there has been hints of Mewtwo and Ridley... Hope its real

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Veterans Pack 1: Wolf, Mewtwo, Lucas

Veterans Pack 2: Ice Climbers, Roy, Snake

Newcomers Pack 1: Ridley, Dixie Kong, Impa

Newcomers Pack 2: Chorus Kids, Isaac, King K Rool

Newcomers Pack 3: Krystal, Paper Mario, Bandanna Dee

Promotional Pack: Captain Toad, Inkling, Bayonetta.

Profit: = infinite.

(Probly won't happen due to nintendos stupidity)

Now imagine that each of these packs also had 3 stages that come with them, nintendo could charge 20-30 dollars per character pack and make a fortune because I guarantee 90% of the people here would buy ALL of them.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
We are NOT talking DLC guys. It would make zero sense to not release new characters alongside the Wii U version they would lose so many sales by deciding not to. The sales would increase greatly especially if the characters were ones like Mewtwo, Ridley, K Rool, Dixie, etc. I actually have believed this theory ever since I found out the the Wii U would be released months later and both games would have the same roster.

I don't understand why so many people don't believe this theory it makes perfect sense.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
IF there is DLC, or Wii U connectivity related characters, I think the most likely one is Hades actually.
We haven't seen a trophy or any mention of him at all.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Well, according to the "OFFICIAL THREAD" at NeoGAF,

16 slots with a ? appear in the Unlockable Characters section.
There have been only 12 unlockable characters in the 3DS version.
I believe that's a good sign for the other 4.

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
"4 characters"

Wolf, Lucas, Snake and the Ice Climbers.

That is all, I would be upset if popular newcomers are priority to original veterans like Wolf Snake Lucas and the Ice Climbers.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman

Even though i would buy all the packs despite not liking all the characters, the first veteran would appeal to me the most because it has the only 3 characters left i want in smash 4! and hey i remeber seeing you in the mewtwo thread and thats shut down now :( do you know if anyone made another mewtwo thread and if so could you link it please

dezeray112

Smash Hero
As I have already stated numerous times within other threads, I wouldn't be too surprised if Smash does have DLC.

After all, Mario Kart 8 is already doing DLC.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Even though i would buy all the packs despite not liking all the characters, the first veteran would appeal to me the most because it has the only 3 characters left i want in smash 4! and hey i remeber seeing you in the mewtwo thread and thats shut down now :( do you know if anyone made another mewtwo thread and if so could you link it please
I don't know of one atm

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Well, according to the "OFFICIAL THREAD" at NeoGAF,

16 slots with a ? appear in the Unlockable Characters section.
There have been only 12 unlockable characters in the 3DS version.
I believe that's a good sign for the other 4.
Link to that source?

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I think there will be DLC for sure they would be dumb not to have any because people would buy it.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
We can speculate all we want, but you never know what will happen.

I mean, Mario Kart 8 is getting f*cking Isabelle as DLC.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
If you haven't seen it, look up the NeoGAF leak. It says that apparently a trusted source from inside Nintendo has revealed that syncing the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game unlocks the Big 3, Chorus Kids, and I think Wolf. While personally I don't want Chorus Kids in, I'm strongly opposed to their inclusion and I'll stand by that, if the NeoGAF leak is true then it's a perfect way for Nintendo to re-establish hype with the Wii U version, and keep sales strong after the release of both versions.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
If you haven't seen it, look up the NeoGAF leak. It says that apparently a trusted source from inside Nintendo has revealed that syncing the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game unlocks the Big 3, Chorus Kids, and I think Wolf. While personally I don't want Chorus Kids in, I'm strongly opposed to their inclusion and I'll stand by that, if the NeoGAF leak is true then it's a perfect way for Nintendo to re-establish hype with the Wii U version, and keep sales strong after the release of both versions.
Could I get a link please!

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631

Newcomers Pack 3: Krystal, Paper Mario, Bandanna Dee

Promotional Pack: Captain Toad, Inkling, Bayonetta.

There comes a point when maybe there's too much DLC. I call that Borderlands 2 syndrome. And I was actually thinking about Bayonetta for Smash earlier but I think she would just be too out of place, honestly, unless they change her proportions for the game. She's like a super tall noodle lady, and not to mention her games are rated M. Although so were Snake's, so who knows.

Boofer

Smash Ace
First of all, OP is not really complaining, but even if he was, I'm becoming annoyed by this "don't complain" camp. I mean yeah, we've been "given" a lot of characters, and imo the game looks great, but who are you to tell anyone to not be upset?

Admittedly, the hype for Smash is always through the roof, and some people set themselves up for failure, but let's not try to dictate what consumers (people who pay for these games) ought to be satisfied with. Granted, we all have the option to buy the game or not, but let's not blindly follow the authority/creators in spite of our true beliefs about the roster.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
That's it, I'm changing the title of this thread. People are taking the DLC thing in a way I didn't intend.

Pakky

Smash Hero
There comes a point when maybe there's too much DLC. I call that Borderlands 2 syndrome. And I was actually thinking about Bayonetta for Smash earlier but I think she would just be too out of place, honestly, unless they change her proportions for the game. She's like a super tall noodle lady, and not to mention her games are rated M. Although so were Snake's, so who knows.
Honestly with Plautena staff taught, and considering how tall she and Roselina are, Bayonetta could work.

Last edited:

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Honestly with Plautena staff taught, and considering how tall she and Roselina are, Bayonetta could work.
That's true, Rosalina is practically an Amazonian. And Palutena's a goddess.

Pakky

Smash Hero
That's true, Rosalina is practically an Amazonian. And Palutena's a goddess.
But I guarantee you the extra mile will not be put forth to make Jeanne an alt. I'm also sad that Metal Sonic alt was fake.

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Link please?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I think there is a difference presidence for this game. Brawl was an issue of people wanting too much. SSB4 is an issue or needlessly cut characters, over saturation of series, and ignoring characters with obvious high demand. On the former, it should be noted that the Ridley thread here has over 2 million views and 700,000 post. Oh, and they managed to top Pichu for the worst character in a Smash Brothers game. I can agree with you that people over reacted to the roster in past games. In this game, it's a bit more justified. This game is just incomplete. You can look at the stage roster to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom