• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
None of the Melee cuts minus Mewtwo have a chance of getting in as DLC.

With:4tlink: & :4lucina: being successors to :younglinkmelee: & :roymelee: and Pichu is really a useless character and would just be a shorter Pikachu if the ability to damage itself was removed.

Speaking of clones, how would you feel about in addition to regular paid DLC characters we also get free clone characters. I know It's sounds far fetch but I think clones could work if there completely different characters rather than just a variation of the original character like Doc, Pitoo, and Marth.r63.

It could be a simple and cheap to make like Sakurai said and it would tie in to the second character page theory involving the arrows. Plus you don't have to download them if you choose.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Speaking of clones, how would you feel about in addition to regular paid DLC characters we also get free clone characters. I know It's sounds far fetch but I think clones could work if there completely different characters rather than just a variation of the original character like Doc, Pitoo, and Marth.r63.
I said this the other day. The general consensus was okay with it, actually.
Personally I would really like it.

Black Shadow, Toon Zelda, Impa, Medusa, Proto Man, are my choices.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
CoughRidleyCough

C'mon sakurai please don't toy with me anymore
Oh I want it to be Ridley but anyone would mean we could be getting a few more too. If they show say, Mewtwo? Hype. Impa? Hype because Trophy Theory would be 3/4. Dixie? Hype cause most rumors that have her also have Mewtwo. I really really want to see Ridley, but even showing him as a boss would let my speculation rest. Showing him as a character on the roster would have me all sorts of flipping out.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Oh I want it to be Ridley but anyone would mean we could be getting a few more too. If they show say, Mewtwo? Hype. Impa? Hype because Trophy Theory would be 3/4. Dixie? Hype cause most rumors that have her also have Mewtwo. I really really want to see Ridley, but even showing him as a boss would let my speculation rest. Showing him as a character on the roster would have me all sorts of flipping out.
If he shows him as a boss after all this, I swear I'll lose my ****

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mewtwo is the best possible thing they could reveal, imho. It would cause way more hype around the world then Ridley. (Sorry Ridley fans...)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Mewtwo is the best possible thing they could reveal, imho. It would cause way more hype around the world then Ridley. (Sorry Ridley fans...)

They are both the most hype worthy.

Ps he said there will be 0% 3ds footage in this direct so if confirmed he will probably mention eventually to be avaible on the 3ds.

Last edited:

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

They are both the most hype worthy.

Ps he said there will be 0% 3ds footage in this direct so if confirmed he will probably mention eventually to be avaible on the 3ds.
I've always said the most hype trailer they could have would be a Ridley/Mewtwo trailer. A newcomer and a veteran. Ridley splash screen then him about to attack some characters, when suddenly he's stopped by some sort of energy. Pan over to see MEWTWO RETURNS! and then gameplay footage of them both going at each other on Pyrosphere.

D

Deleted member

The bottom right and bottom left are apparently from wuhu island, I'm not sure since I haven't played it, it's just what I've heard
Wuhu Island also appears on the Pilotwings stage as a cameo, but I haven't taken a good look at the stage from the E3 fights, so maybe they might have it as its own stage.

But I still think we should have more proof.

Yusa

Smash Cadet
Why would they give us the same stage twice, ESPECIALLY considering the island is already featured in a travelling stage in particular...? I guess we have not seen the Pilotwings stage go full circle yet and this is a place you're dropped near the end of a go.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
The picture with Kirby on the beach is just made up, for having Kirby on the beach.
Yeah, after looking at the pic and your thoughts on it in the other thread, you're definitely right. As you've said, the shadows are photoshopped in, and the items don't align with Kirby. Definitely not a new stage.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, after looking at the pic and your thoughts on it in the other thread, you're definitely right. As you've said, the shadows are photoshopped in, and the items don't align with Kirby. Definitely not a new stage.
Genuine question, are you being silly or serious? I'm looking at the image and can't really tell if it's a stage or not. The food items seem to be in positions they normally wouldn't be able to be since they fall in a straight line across the stage, for example. Not trying to argue, I'm just confused on if it seems to be a stage or if they just took a shot from the Pilot Wings stage either by putting Kirby somewhere characters normally can't go or if it drops you off there. Though, that still wouldn't explain the food placement...

Last edited:

Naoshi

Genuine question, are you being silly or serious? I'm looking at the image and can't really tell if it's a stage or not. The food items seem to be in positions they normally wouldn't be able to be since they fall in a straight line across the stage, for example. Not trying to argue, I'm just confused on if it seems to be a stage or if they just took a shot from the Pilot Wings stage either by putting Kirby somewhere they normally can't go or if it drops you off there. Though, that still wouldn't explain the food placement...
Yeah I'm being serious, but now I am not 100% sure but it really does look photoshopped in. If I recall, there was no moments in the stage where the plane drops you.

I can be entirely wrong though... I mean to be honest, that area is really detailed for something you aren't going to be directly in at... I guess we'll wait and see.

Sakurai has his ways to tease levels lol...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why would they give us the same stage twice, ESPECIALLY considering the island is already featured in a travelling stage in particular...? I guess we have not seen the Pilotwings stage go full circle yet and this is a place you're dropped near the end of a go.
Town & City and Smashville are almost entirely the same. It's actually possible. I do agree we can't confirm Wuhu Island is a separate stage yet. Maybe the Wii U demo will help. The 3DS one actually showed us the starter stage list by default.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace

I'm going to hold out for agnes. She's a serious possibility, just not very talked about. I'm going to be listening to this song pretty much non-stop till we get to thursday...

Last edited:

Naoshi

I...I somehow don't think Agnes is possible, at least not for this game.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
If anyone from BD were to get in, It would be Edea or Ringabel. Considering they are the two most popular people. To my knowledge anyway
Thing is that Agnes is playing a big role in BS as well. And while the others might show up, Agnes is the only one in the advertising for the game.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
You do realize though, that Wuhu island is ALREADY a part of the pilotwings stage right? Why would Wuhu island be in TWO stages?
Same reason they made Riki both an assist trophy and a final smash: They reuse assets. I mean, they have all of Wuhu Island already textured, why not use that for a stage?

Chrono.

Maybe the Omega Version of Pilotwings takes place on Wuhu Island?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Same reason they made Riki both an assist trophy and a final smash: They reuse assets. I mean, they have all of Wuhu Island already textured, why not use that for a stage?
I think it's pretty likely actually.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the Omega Version of Pilotwings takes place on Wuhu Island?
If the stage is called Pilotwings, that may not make much sense. Unless you have clear view of planes flying around in the background? Even then, how do we explain food items sitting on totally different plains than Kirby?

Chrono.

If the stage is called Pilotwings, that may not make much sense. Unless you have clear view of planes flying around in the background? Even then, how do we explain food items sitting on totally different plains than Kirby?
I can't vouch for the items, but seeing Flat Zone 2's Omega (which is just Oil Panic) made me consider the possibility of the island being the Omega for Pilotwings.

D

Deleted member

We will have to wait and see what the case here is. No point on fixating on it.

Wait... Sakurai doesn't use photoshop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom