• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Worst Smash Character so far

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
anybody who says it's pichu simply because he damages himself is an idiot. what does a few percentages mean in a competitive match? it's not like pichu can withstand a strong attack anyway, LOL. but seriously, wouldn't u rather have a character that can actually get back on the ledge but gets damaged a little then a character like, oh, say Brawl Ganon and Falcon? Pichu had competitive grabs and combos. frankly, Pichu could beat up even meta knight if meta knight was in melee but with brawl slowness. Chu Dat once beat a competitive tourney with only Pichu. I'd like to see Brawl Ganon or Captain Falcon get anywhere close.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I can 4-stock you in melee with Pichu. And I hate playing as him.

taking your style so we're on even grounds. and besides, I haven't played Brawl in months, but nobody could 3-stock my Wario with their ganon or Captain Falcon.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I say Pichu. Why?

Well, you see, most clones were different aspects of a character, like "What if Link was faster and lighter, since he's heavy" or "Hmm, what would happen if Marth was more powerful, heavier, and slower?" Pichu, on the other hand, as if Pikachu wasn't light enough, got LIGHTER. I mean, sure he hurt himself, but being as light as he was, that isn't something he could afford. I mean sure, Pikachu with better air control (Up+B), but what would it do if you were sent flying off the stage too fast? Pichu should have had a chance for a discharge burst of electricity on his attacks to do extra knockback in compensation for his weight. Or we should have had a heavier, slower, more powerful Pikachu, (read: Raichu).

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I say Pichu. Why?

Well, you see, most clones were different aspects of a character, like "What if Link was faster and lighter, since he's heavy" or "Hmm, what would happen if Marth was more powerful, heavier, and slower?" Pichu, on the other hand, as if Pikachu wasn't light enough, got LIGHTER. I mean, sure he hurt himself, but being as light as he was, that isn't something he could afford. I mean sure, Pikachu with better air control (Up+B), but what would it do if you were sent flying off the stage too fast? Pichu should have had a chance for a discharge burst of electricity on his attacks to do extra knockback in compensation for his weight. Or we should have had a heavier, slower, more powerful Pikachu, (read: Raichu).
You also know what you are talking about. I can't deny that Pichu is the worst, but I will say that Pichu can beat Melee Kirby in an one on one match.

pokemon catcher

Smash Rookie
I really dont like saying i hate pokemon...but pichu...errr....hes good...just needs to keep himself sustained so when he shoots lightning he doesnt hurt himself.

Vanst

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably going to say Pichu because he damaged himself and he was very easy to kill, but also at the same time I just can't stand to play with olimar....

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
Far and away my least favorite character in Smash EVER is metaknight. Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to call him the worst. In SSB64, I found Samus to be the worst. In Melee, it would definatedly be Pichu. And in Brawl, Link. And as for anyone that says Pichu would rock Brawl Falcon, they would need to be on the same phyics system. And in that case, Brawl falcon would Wreck Pichu. A little thing called range.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
People really need to LEARN more about what they talk about before posting. Pichu isn't the worst because he hurts himself, he is the worst because of bad matchups.

And as for anyone that says Pichu would rock Brawl Falcon, they would need to be on the same phyics system. And in that case, Brawl falcon would Wreck Pichu. A little thing called range.
That maybe true for Melee physics, but what about Brawl physics? Pichu has a decent projectile, something Falcon lacks, a far better recovery, and some decent finishers. The only thing that I see getting worse about Pichu is the lower gravity and hitstun, which would make juggling far more difficult to do. Falcon was severely nerfed by Brawl Physics. It essentially makes it harder for him to rack up damage and even ko.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Pichu, being a melee character, is highly affected by hitstun. Brawl Falcon, being a Brawl character, is minimally affected by hitstun. Falcon could then combo the garbage out of Pichu + have the longer range that he's always had. Survivability also goes to Brawl Falcon.

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
pichu all the way because hes blows so bad at his attack s hes hurts himself in the process and hes like road kill every time u face him

Nixernator

Smash Ace
64: Link (he seemed so good till he so much as looks at the air to the sides of the stage)
Melee: Pichu/Kirby undecided on that one
Brawl: Metaknight Ganon, Falcon is too manly

Overall Link hate to say it but link = Lol gimp.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Falcon could just spam show me ya moves, and then pichu would be forced to do so, and since pichu hurts himself when he attacks, he would just end up killing himself. Fact.
And thus the pichus of the world died.

I'd like to see Brawl Ganon or Captain Falcon get anywhere close.
Go meet Ally. He won a tourney by kneeing Anther FTW.

Seriously, Ally wins tourneys with Falcon.

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
Yeah , i played melee not long ago at a friends and tried everyone out , laughed at how much Pichu sucked , so annoying trying to use him with himself getting damaged. Also i don't think that Captain Falcon is that bad in brawl , i do every well with him.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Ganon in brawl in NOT terrible (not super great but not terrible). Hes highly underestimated with a plethora of At's and constantly improving metagame , brawl falcon doesnt do well in the new mechanincs but who the hell cares falcon is fun. Pichu was the worst character but you could still win if you were THAT much better than your opposition.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Brawl Ganondorf is the only character I cannot beat the AI consistently with (I can still beat AI most the tiem). That even includes Melee Pichu although he is noteworthy. I actually could beat the AI with Captain Falcon (Brawl).

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Also i don't think that Captain Falcon is that bad in brawl , i do every well with him.
Something deffinetly got messed up when everyone was "ranking" the characters. Now, nobody wants to use him. In turn, CF never appears at tourneys, and becuase of that, he doesn't get recognized causing even LESS people to use him.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Link was my main in melee to the guy on page 9 bashing him. He was nerfed in Brawl but Toon Link rocks.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Brawl Ganondorf is the only character I cannot beat the AI consistently with (I can still beat AI most the tiem). That even includes Melee Pichu although he is noteworthy. I actually could beat the AI with Captain Falcon (Brawl).
Ganondorf is just way to slow. I cannot do a move without getting poped.

Also a lot of times I accidently hit a and up trying to do a different move and he raises his leg to charge and drop and I get nailed all the time for it.

Ganondorf was awesome in Melee but sucks bad in brawl. Link also took a nerf in Brawl. In fact the entire LoZ series as a whole was nerfed.

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
yea but charcters like gannon and ike are slow, but they can hit u across the stage in no time

volbound1700

Smash Master
Ike is slow but he can actually get his moves in time. It takes 3-4 whole seconds for Ganon to do a move and if he gets hit then you have to restart the move. He sucks royally in Brawl. As I said, he is the only character that the AI beats when I play as him at least a 1/4 of the time. (I have played CF, Yoshi, and some of the others as well for Brawl, they are not as bad).

I would rank based on this

64: Jigg, Yoshi, Link all tie
Melee: Pichu (although no character on melee was down right horrible to me. I could actually win with Pichu and he could be dangerous. Kirby and Link were my two mains lol).
Brawl: Ganondorf hands down

Worst all time to me: Ganondorf from Brawl (He was awesome in Melee).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wonder how Mewtwo would work with Brawl's mechanics. Hopefully better since it did have some of the nastiest grabs and throws among all the Melee fighters, but its large height and limited killing potential made it the worst fighter overall in the Melee days.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I wonder how Mewtwo would work with Brawl's mechanics. Hopefully better since it did have some of the nastiest grabs and throws among all the Melee fighters, but its large height and limited killing potential made it the worst fighter overall in the Melee days.
He would never touch the ground. Seriously, one jump, and he'll never touch the floor

volbound1700

Smash Master
Mewtwo is up there in melee for worst. Pichu does hurt himself but it only does 1-3% damage per bolt. Pichu's problem is he is too light and gets killed to easily. Sometimes this can help though because he is hard to hit since he is so small.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Pichu, being a melee character, is highly affected by hitstun. Brawl Falcon, being a Brawl character, is minimally affected by hitstun. Falcon could then combo the garbage out of Pichu + have the longer range that he's always had. Survivability also goes to Brawl Falcon.
You cannot compare two characters based on two different physics systems. Melee Pichu would lose to Brawl Falcon WITH Melee physics in place, but will WIN with Brawl physics. Brawl Falcon is pretty much the same as Melee Falcon aside from the reverse Falcon Punch and some other slight changes. The only reason why he does bad is because of Brawl Physics. He plays wonderfully in Brawl+, I'd say even moreso than in Melee.

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
Something deffinetly got messed up when everyone was "ranking" the characters. Now, nobody wants to use him. In turn, CF never appears at tourneys, and becuase of that, he doesn't get recognized causing even LESS people to use him.
Yeah , sad really , he isn't bad. As you said most people look at the tier and seen who's at top and middle and base it on that. I reckon he deserves c-d spot.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Pichu was pretty bad but I think yoshi was dissapointing to me..
he wasnt horribly bad but i just did not like his style

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pichu, Young Link, Falco, Wolf, Toon Link, Dr. Mario, Roy,

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Pichu, Young Link, Falco, Wolf, Toon Link, Dr. Mario, Roy,
Your not serious with the name's I just bolded aren't you? That or your saying that clone character's are marked as worst in making they moves?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
So much Pichu hate...

I would have to say Melee Kirby, jus' because I don't want to admit Pichu was
awesome
horrible in the competitive aspect. But, if you took Pichu and put him against Ganon or C. Falcon in Brawl...then most of the Brawl cast would be the worst. :confused:

Oracle

Smash Master
Everyone in brawl because it sucks. etc. etc.

Statistically, link has been the worst overall though all games: bottom tier in 64, low tier in melee, and bottom tier in barwl

Top Bottom