• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Worst Smash Character so far

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
In Smash's overall history, Link. He was the worst character in 64, second worst in Brawl, and was pretty bad in Melee.

Pichu for the worst character at one time ever. It was even INTENDED to be a handicap character.
Wise words from an '08er?

Wow! Incredible! [/announcer]

Nicole

Smash Champion
While Link has never been good...I'm still gonna go with Pichu. Link is the hero of time, Pichu is a baby electric rat.

MaverickETC

Smash Rookie
I think Pichu was actually somewhat stronger than Pika, to compensate for the lack weight and ability to hurt itself =/

Not to mention Pichu's Up+B was WAI smoother and easier to manuver than Pika.
His Side+B also goes farther.

The worst character does depend on how fail the player is, but I still think Melee did have "better characters" as opposed to Brawl that I believe does not.

I stick by Melee chars Bowser, Mewtwo, and Kirby for being the worst (I'll admit, for a sorta dumb reason) because I found it hard playing with them on a highly competitve level. I knew a couple of good, not the best, but good Foxes, Marios, Luigis, ect., and with the three characters I've stated previously I found myself having to do alot, more than should be done perhaps, in order to get in a few wins. Then again, I wasn't one of the best Melee players, but anyone else I chose I did good with not as much effort.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
In Smash's overall history, Link. He was the worst character in 64, second worst in Brawl, and was pretty bad in Melee.

Pichu for the worst character at one time ever. It was even INTENDED to be a handicap character.
This post just basicly ended it all. Notice how Link was never even at Middle Tier at best on every Smash Bros game?

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I'm going have to agree with Olimar...

...Pikmin-Less Olimar!
I would like to say Ivysaur, but he isn't a standalone character. It's CF in Brawl (so far).

and silly little pichu. So cute <3

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
The worst smash character subject is apparently a very objective AND subjective topic, because according to the tier lists Kirby is better than Pichu but Pichu can **** Kirby and many others in an actual match. Likewise, people say he is terrible because he hurts himself. So? I'd rather hurt myself than be abused to do laggy moves, because hurting yourself doesn't spell death while lag-abuse can.

Basically learn what you are talking about before posting in this thread if you don't want to look stupid.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
This post just basicly ended it all. Notice how Link was never even at Middle Tier at best on every Smash Bros game?

Actually, on this account, Yoshi definitely makes a legitimate case against Link. At least Link was only just "not good" in Melee. Yoshi was pretty much bad or almost terrible in every game.

StarFoxcoastocoast

Smash Rookie
Yoshi has been consistently bad while CFalcon just sadly collasped for Brawl, which is very dissapointing.

Just gotta be thankful the new characters in Brawl are better than the ones in Melee. No Pichu/Mewtwo thank god.

sWorD LoRD

Smash Rookie
Personally I believe that The Captain is the worst character in SSBBMM (SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BANANA MELEE MADNESS) because his punch of falcon can't handle most enemies.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Quantifiably, the worst character in all of smash is Pichu. No one else damages themselves like that (Roy's fully charged B never happens anyway). To have such a liability on all his specials is such a handicap. No range, very little power. Just god awful.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Z tier sounds ****ing tight -- better than A or S tier. I'd definitely rather be in Z tier.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
If referring to the character itself as opposed to the move set, I would have to say Dr. Mario.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Shame on all of the Pichu haters.

Pichu was maaad sexy in melee.

:093:
In fact, he is so sexy that he make's you a human sacrfice if you ever pick him in a tourney match. Well, I'll idmit, he does sound sexy when he take's heavy damage and he screams as well, too good. :D

Pichu should go in EF tier.
LMAO, someone sig this please. XD

Ostro

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7252-9309-8314
Yoshi has been consistently bad while CFalcon just sadly collasped for Brawl, which is very dissapointing.

Just gotta be thankful the new characters in Brawl are better than the ones in Melee. No Pichu/Mewtwo thank god.
Yoshi was mid tier in SSB64, and the Brawl Yoshi mains are trying to raise him a bit. His record isn't as bad as Link's.

13th Nightmare

Smash Cadet
Pichu should never have even been in Melee. I mean if I had to choose between Pikachu and Pichu, I would stick with Pikachu, at least I would be safe in the knowledge that my attacks wouldn't hurt me

Veril

Frame Savant
I played Pichu in melee. For the shame factor... and since he was so cute.

Seriously. Brawl Falcon is the worst overall. You could benefit from the general ATs in melee such that Pichu could be played (watch Chudat play Pichu, its nuts). That and Pichu had a great edgeguarding tool with his f-smash.

Also... are people really saying Olimar? Or 64 Jiggs?!

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Would you rather hurt yourself or die because you used a laggy foward smash that the opponent took advantage of? Pichu isn't the worst because he hurst himself, he is the worst because he has bad matchups. Pichu is actually better than many people in Melee, but bbecause his other match ups are bad, coupled with his light weight, he was dropped to the bottom of bottom tier.

Tamoo

Smash Master
It has to be brawl falcon,
seriously, pichu is not as bad as people seem to be making out, just watch chudat's vids man, and he even has tolerable matchups against the likes of spacies and falcon.
Also, olimar, seriously??!? I went to a tournament where a scrub said olimar was the worst character. I definitely made him regret his words. Also, jiggs in ssb64 was the ultimate combo queen, there are loads of ppl on the sbb64 boards who put her down cos of her rubbish vertical recovery, but if youre good enough, you shouldnt be in that situation.
Yeah, Verils got it pretty much right

Hive

Smash Lord
i really don't think its brawl falcon though, people really underestimate him! sure he's not in reality top tier or anything, but he can hold his own better than others in brawl...
in ankoko's tourney results thread he does pretty well too...

i'd say pichu is the worst... or someone from n64 though i haven't really played the original as much...

___Kelleno102___

Smash Rookie
Ideawise, Captain Falcon was the absolute Worst Idea they could of had! The only thing we had ever seen this guy do is drive! But, I'm not complaining with the outcome.:)

Playwise, Link has some of the coolest weapons ever, and they just never applied them well.

So, boys and girls, the lesson is toonly make fighting game characters that never do anything.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
64: Link easily. Jigglypuff was decent in 64. Her only problems were her light weight, and the fact that a shield breaker combo is basically a death combo to her. Yoshi was middle tier in 64. Not bad, but not that great either.

Melee: Kirby. They removed all of his strengths from 64, and kept all his weaknesses, basically making him a character of weaknessses. I understood he was overpowered in 64, but they overdid toning him down.

Ice!

Smash Apprentice
64: Link easily. Jigglypuff was decent in 64. Her only problems were her light weight, and the fact that a shield breaker combo is basically a death combo to her. Yoshi was middle tier in 64. Not bad, but not that great either.

Melee: Kirby. They removed all of his strengths from 64, and kept all his weaknesses, basically making him a character of weaknessses. I understood he was overpowered in 64, but they overdid toning him down.
Just like they did with Captain Falcon in Brawl.

Top Bottom