• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Worst Smash Character so far

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Dr mario. Its mario in a doctors suit. How cheap...

I Hate him...
I think the only difference between Mario and Dr. Mario is Dr. Mario throws pills XD
both of you, go away.
I've been thinking on this question REAL hard.. and after looking at it in all directions I have came to the conclusion that the worst character indeed is MetaKnight.
yes.
Yoshi has always been pretty bad

And pichu was kool,Skull bash was pwnage :D
WORST EVER:.........................................................Diddy kong....
eveything about this post is just wrong
If we are talking about which character gave you the worst chance of winning then its gotta be Pichu. Why have clone characters. Thank goodness Brawl has no clone characters.
ganon is still a clone
Hmmm... why so? What makes ganondorf better? Explain your reasons. And I'm still seing lots of pichu attacks unexplained.
sparta kick, nuff said

worst char is link btw

M.K

Level 55
Hmmm... why so? What makes ganondorf better? Explain your reasons. And I'm still seing lots of pichu attacks unexplained.
Self-Inflicting Damage.
Poor Range.
Poor Kill Power.
Poor Combo Potential.
Self-Damaging Throws.
Self-Damaging Projectiles.
Kill Moves Hard to Land.
Incredibly Lightweight.
(About Pichu Unexplained)

DemonFart

Smash Lord
The worst has got to be Pichu, since everyone else says so. :)

The worst character in the future's gonna be Sakurai himself. He'll be in SSB4. Just you wait and see.

Sakurai for bottom tier!
Lol,that really made me lol.
Pichu would be way better then sakurai.
I should make a moveset 4 sakurai.

:094:

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Self-Inflicting Damage.
Poor Range.
Poor Kill Power.
Poor Combo Potential.
Self-Damaging Throws.
Self-Damaging Projectiles.
Kill Moves Hard to Land.
Incredibly Lightweight.
(About Pichu Unexplained)
Lack of decent projectile.
VERY poor kill power
VERY poor combo potential
Predictable recovery
Lightweight
Does little damage.
(Melee Kirby)

The Yeti

Smash Cadet
Pichu hands down. Didn't belong and was only in there for publicity and he was an easy re-skin. Sad day... he was just so adorable!

PandaPint

Smash Rookie
pokemon trainer
just because pokemon should just be able to fight on their own like pikachu.
I thought Pichu was pretty cool actually =P
plz dont hate me =D

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Lack of decent projectile.
VERY poor kill power
VERY poor combo potential
Predictable recovery
Lightweight
Does little damage.
(Melee Kirby)
THANK YOU!
Pichu had more kill potential, range, and better projectiles.

And as for Link... I still can't imagine any link losing to melee kirby. More power, more priority, spammable and varied projectiles, and heavier weight are all things in Link's favor. What's in melee Kirby's favor? 3 more jumps, and... well, that's about it.

Back to Ganondorf... his sparta kick is just a recycled capt. falcon move... it still has horrible priority. But I still think he's a bit better than melee kirby.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
i would say brawl captain falcon is worse than pichu, in melee anything seems possible down to skill and the player behind the character pichu defeating a good fox doesn't seem as impossible as captain falcon beating a good metaknight at all. Melee was a far more balanced game, yoshi and dk in melee weren't very high but in the right hands could own characters way above them on the tier list, whereas in brawl it's pretty much been accepted that metaknight owns all no questions asked.

mk606

Smash Rookie
yeah pichu is pretty bad but now that they took him out the worst character in brawl would probably be captain falcon.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
i would say brawl captain falcon is worse than pichu, in melee anything seems possible down to skill and the player behind the character pichu defeating a good fox doesn't seem as impossible as captain falcon beating a good metaknight at all. Melee was a far more balanced game, yoshi and dk in melee weren't very high but in the right hands could own characters way above them on the tier list, whereas in brawl it's pretty much been accepted that metaknight owns all no questions asked.
I would agree, pichu> capt. falcon. But I would say capt. falcon>ganondorf. Don't just say capt. falcon because he's lowest on the tier list. Ganondorf is way too slow to fight him. I also say Brawl ganon>melee kirby. Kirby couldn't kill anyone in melee, lacking any form of projectile, reasonably sized sweetspots, range, and priority. Pichu at least had projectiles, a few powerful attacks, and a bit of priority with his electricity. I'm not saying he was good, but just because he hurts himself doesn't make him the worst of all time.

yeah pichu is pretty bad but now that they took him out the worst character in brawl would probably be captain falcon.
I still think kirby was worse in melee. Also, as I said above, ganondorf may be ranked higher, but that doesn't make him better. His very fastest attack takes 8 frames to hit, and most are in the 25-40 range.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I know that everyone is saying Pichu, and yes, he is downright awful. But I'm going to run with Pokemon Trainer. Mostly because Squirtle and Ivysaur could/should(?) be characters in their own right. Plus, all of the other Pokemon fight on their own. It was a neat idea to incorporate three Pokemon in one character, but it sorta falls flat.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
The worst is probably melee Fox. He is lightweight, has low kill potential, few combos, and very bad range.

Wait...

James1119

Smash Cadet
I like the addition, but Wolf flat out sucks. His "agility" over-B attack shouldn't go up.. When I unlocked him it was a bitter disappointment.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
lolwut. Wolf is great. and the fact it goes up means it's better for recovery. they had to luigify him, uknow?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Ganondorf in SSBB is the worst. No question. Pichu is not necessarily the worst, because if he were faced with SSBB Ganon, Ganon would not stand a chance. He is simply the bottom of the most unbalanced teir list and has the most unfair match-ups of any character (especially against MK).

Honestly, this thread is not too good, and apparently the discussion here has gradually died out. It seems as if it's almost spam, saying "i think pichu is the worst character. thoughts?" Most threads similar to this are closed.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
hmmm..... i also say pichu is the wost
but mewtwo was knd bad too.....but not as bad as pichu so.........................pichu...yeah^^

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Pichu was made to intentionally suck, but if he didn't have that annoying ability to hurt himself, he would have been Ok. and Ironically, a lot of people say that the Pikachu in Brawl is the Pichu in Melee, so yes, he is actually better than Brawl ganondorf. :D

FaWa

Smash Apprentice
64: Link. Plain Terrible.

Melee: Kirby. Pichu is bad, but would be a lot better if he was heavier and didn't hurt himself, but Kirby still just was horrid.

Brawl: Link again. At least Falcon has speed going for him. Link has no recovery, and not to mention is painfully slow.

BEST:

64: Ness.
Melee: Sheik
Brawl: Guess.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
It's a tie for me, Brawl Gannon (not bad in Melee, why make him suck so hard now?), and Pichu, probably the only character with such a dumb idea of hurting itslef, while being a lightweight at that. Both are EPIC FAILS

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Wow and to think I used to think Melee Kirby was somewhat ok.

Ganondorf is fun to play though.

Lustar

Smash Cadet
Probably Pichu. Pichu damages itself from its own attacks. Brawl Ganondorf is also very bad.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
N64 Link was atrocious.
The fact that he couldn't even grab a ledge that he was literally bumping into already makes him non-tourney viable. Add up his slow attacks and not so impressive projectiles and you've got the worst characters in the game. Brawl Ganondorf can grab ledges and Ganoncide at least, and Melee Kirby grabed ledges and could wavedash.

Chuz

Smash Cadet
Pokemon trainer for sure! He doesn't even do anything, how can you get more useless than that?

In all seriousness though, you guys should see Isai's Link. Link isn't bad, he just has the worst recovery ever. In Melee it's a tie between Kirby and Pichu, as both them can't combo, have no range, and are easy to kill, etc. Ganon in Brawl has a pretty good ground game, but that's as much as I can say. Falcon on the other hand, has no game, he's useless and tourney results show it.

Overall, it's a really tough choice between Pichu, Kirby, and CF, but I'm going to have to go with CF. At least in Melee if you had far better skill then you're opponent you could beat their Fox with Pichu or Kirby. In Brawl, CF has NO chance. Just look at the Genesis Tourney results, Tell me where you see the highest ranked CF main (From my quick scan through it, I couldn't find CF in the top 100).

Top Bottom