• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Uniqueness Tier List: Captain Falcon, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, and Meta-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So I think we have our set of specials:

Neutral-B: Pac-Bite: Pac eats the characters body, completely, leaving just two floating and defenseless eyes putting them back into the location they were 3 seconds ago.

Side-B: Ghosts: A ghost appears behind Pac-Man. The ghost acts as a hit-box and will follow Pac-Man. Causes him to go faster. However, if he turns or rolls backwards, he will collide with the ghost and take damage and knock-back. Pressing B causes the ghost to disappear.

Up-B: Pinball Launcher: Pac-Man rolls into a yellow ball and spins, a launcher appears under him. The spring in the launcher pulls back before it hits Pac-Man, launching him. Very limited time to spin the launcher around Pac-Man (as the spring pulls back) to pick a direction to send him.

Down-B: Cherry: Places a Cherry. On press of Down B, Pac-Man will shoot toward the cherry with mouth open (as the crow flies). Hitting an opponent or cherry will cause his mouth to clamp for good K.O potential. Will go into helpless state if knocked out of his charge if performed in air.

I think this is the most unique he can go, now I actually want Pac-Man now. :O

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Getting ghosts as his moveset just seems... eh... feels as strange as having Mario spawn Goombas honestly. I like the cherry idea a lot though. I'm getting the same kind of feeling that Chrom and Lucina gave me separately in that these ideas are cool, but seem on the deep end of unlikely, so if that factored into them getting lower uniqueness tier, it should hurt Pac-Man a bit too.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I don't know... that's just my take/vote. B at most if Chrom and Lucina got B's themselves. If there were some sort of gradient in the tiers (like A- and such) I'd place him higher.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Well I realized that the ghost are the main and only enemies in the game, incorporating them as a move is actually not that farfetched, and I can actually see this happening.
Is the way of the developers to say "pacman sucks, put this ghosts with him because he sucks yo, it aint original", pls, no, he doesnt need them to be good.

Is not even the way you play pacman, there is just no valid reason to add them, is awesome him alone.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm going to do a quicky update on this one.

Alrighty I think I'm going to end this day now. The ratings were pretty good and there were many great suggestions for his moveset!

Today we are rating Rayman, the limbless hero and the most known Ubisoft character. Can has limbs prove that he's interesting enough to join the top of the tier list?

Remember, analyses are recommended. ;)

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Rayman? Full of potential.

A limbless character would have a whole lot of reach, putting Diddy and Lucario to shame. Being able to launch his hands and feet around gives him control of the battlefield, and close-combat would be extremely easy, as he can hit them form all sides. However, he lacks the skills to be any good at an aerial battle, so that's what he lacks, despite having his haircopter glide. Extremely light and easy to launch, he is the perfect definition of a character who needs to stay away form any enemy contact unless absolutely necessary.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Not to be harsh but that doesn't sound all that unique then. If reach due to his limb-lessness is the best he has going for him, it's not exactly anything all that new. He just does it a different way.

I think his lack of limbs, COULD potentially be a unique gimmick, but off the top of my head I can't imagine anything that is (in practice) too different from Olimar's Pikmin, minus of course the uniqe properties of each Pikmin type.

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master
Rayman's abilities extend to using his hair as a helicopter (think of Dixie Kong) and his non-existent limbs that make his hands and legs hover around. That means he can have very creative melee hitboxes, but I'm not sure his specials would be all that unique. Typical platforming character - easily has a recovery and basic utility moves but nothing that stands out besides that.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
He's basically a Sukapon, maybe he could take moves from Joy Mech Fight too and roll his body to attack opponents. :awesome:
Give him the ability to reach as far as possible with his limbs, but maybe for certain attacks.

andimidna

Smash Master
Rayman: C+ or B-

From my time playing Rayman, I haven't found anything unique that could be translated into great moveset potential.
Sakurai already stated his difficulties adding Sukapon to Melle, how the character didn't have a set backbone to work off of or something like that.
I feel pretty confident with Dixie Kong's inclusion, so Rayman's Up B wouldn't be unique from hers.
He could use a soccer ball from the minigame, but Wii Fit Trainer already does.
Maybe something with mucical notes?
I'm not too sure... haven't played a Rayman game in a while...

So did Tiki make S tier or A tier?
And will you eventually divide the characters into + and - once more have been discussed?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Updated the OP to divide the +s, the neutral, and the -s, now it's a little more clear now. ;)
If you guys just want to give a grade, feel free to do so, I just want interesting results from you guys.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Well the ratings weren't much, not much participation from today's Rayman. Seeing as Jack Frost is being rated in RTC, I thought why not let's rate him for the day.

Alright time to change this day. Today we are rating Jack Frost. Can the snowman demon prove that his ice powers are unique enough to belong into the Smash Cast

Use the link below if you want to know more about him:

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Frost

Tagging @ Gunla Gunla and maybe @ 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 if they know alot about him.

Remember analyses are recommended, or just give off a grade if you want. ;)

I love participation!

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Hm . . . Jack Frost . . .
He's sort of like a mascot for atlus due to his appearances all over the place in atlus games. A big thing that makes him unique compared to most of the cast is his ice abilities which there little to no Cryokinetics in smash. In the existing roster and previous rosters, besides Ice climbers and Lucas, there is no one who who uses such frozen abilities and the two I mentioned before don't really have much ice attacks meaning Jack could have the first all ice move set. With that he also have whimsical jester like movements and body type isn't really anything too new while still having a nice simple look.

At the end I would give him an A-
Mostly due to him using an completely ice biased move-set which the cast has little to none of and with possible fun and whimsical animations to go along with it.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
From looking at the moveset of Jack Frost, his abilities could certainly be very interesting. I particular like Ice-types (but that's mostly in Pokemon), so Jack Frost could have alot of emphasis on freezing.
I give him an A-.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Special Moves

-Neutral Special: Bufula
Jack Frost charges a burst of ice magic. He releases an icy mist around him, causing ice damage and has a chance of freezing opponents. The higher the charge, the range of the mist and damage increase.

Light charge: 10% damage, 1 inch from Jack Frost
Medium charge: 14% damage, 2 inches away from Jack Frost
Heavy charge: 18% damage, 3 inches away from Jack Frost

-Side Special: Ice Breath

Similar to the Ice Climbers’ Blizzard, Jack Frost breathes misty breath with snowflakes, causing chip damage and has a chance to freeze opponents.

Damage: 2% > 2% > 3% > 3%, total 10%
-Up Special: Ice Column

Jack Frost’s hand glows and he places below him. Absorbing the moisture in the ground/air, he makes ice under him.

Ground: Creates a column of ice that gets taller the longer he holds. The ice column stops growing when the hold is lifted and cannot be increased after that. The column is a platform at its top. It takes 25% damage to destroy it and cracks as it gets more damage. Despawns after 50 seconds or when Jack Frost performs Ice Column again. Has the potential to lock opponents into tight spaces depending on where its placed.

Damage: 7%
Max Height: 3.5 normal sized Stage Builder blocks high

Air: Creates a block of ice that stops growing after 1 second. Falls immediately. Can give a spare jump off of. Breaks upon impact with another object.

Damage: 9%
Priority: Medium
Height: 0.5 normal sized Stage Builder block high

-Down Special: Me Patra

Jack Frost twirls before striking a proud pose, breaking out of any Sleep, Slow, Freeze, Stun, Buried, or Flower effect. Can also be used to remove sticking objects such as a Gooey Bomb or Mega Man’s Crash Bomb. Does nothing when none of these effects apply.

-Final Smash: Mabufudyne

Jack Frost says “Hee ho!“ begins dancing as a blizzard sets into the stage that lasts 15 seconds. All surfaces and platforms freeze, causing characters and other moving objects to drift. Ice damage is inflicted every second and opponents have a chance of freezing. The blustering snow makes vision harder except for Jack Frost who stands out with a blinking blue aura. Bright white drops of light also fall down randomly similar to Bob-ombs during Sudden Death. The drops will create a burst of ice magic on impact. If an opponent is hit by a drop, they will instantly be frozen.

Damage: 3% damage inflicted every 1 second with chance of freeze, total 54% if not blocked. Ice magic bursts from drops deal 20%. Freeze upon impact with drops deal 25%.

Other Potential Moves

Considering we don’t know how character customization will be implemented yet, these moves can replace the moves mentioned above in his default moveset.

-Ice Shot

Jack Frost uses the moisture in the air to freeze an icicle, which he launches forward. Slight knockback from the icicle.

Damage: 8%
Priority: Low
Travel Distance: 2 normal sized Stage Builder blocks long

-Summon Pyro Jack

Jack Frost calls out his brother, Pyro Jack. Pyro Jack moves in front of Jack Frost’s facing direction and fires a fireball from his lantern, homing to the nearest target. The fireball will aim for the closest target. If no target is within range, it will go straight and remain still for 2 seconds before bursting.

Damage: 10%
*Travel Distance: 3.4 normal sized Stage Builder blocks long when straight

*= Must be within this range in Jack Frost’s circumference to detect a target.

-Summon Jack Skelton

Jack Frost calls out his brother, Jack Skelton. Jack Skelton flashes his jackknife, walking forward for 1 second before becoming invisible. Will walk forward to 5 seconds and then despawns in a black flame. If Jack Skelton is in an opponent’s range, he will appear from the shadows and deliver a slash to them. Cannot be used again when Jack Skelton is active. Jack Skelton will climb over platforms of a certain height or will turn around if colliding with a wall too high for him. Will despawn if he falls off stage.

Damage: 15%
Travel Distance: 5 normal sized Stage Builder blocks, 1.0 circumference for detection

-Final Smash: King Frost

Jack Frost says “Hee ho!” and is enshrouded in a blustery snowstorm. He grows half of Giga Bowser’s height and becomes King Frost for 10 seconds. He casts Cold World every time the Special button is pressed. This makes him wave his scepter and sends out huge ice magic bursts in front of him, freezing opponents and causing heavy knockback. His movement speed and jump height are hindered during this form.

Damage: 34% damage
Here is my moveset from the Jack Frost thread. I only displayed his special moves here, as the original post gets into further detail.

Since Sega owns Altus now, Jack Frost's chances have been hurt because of Sonic's confirmation. I'm still positive Sakurai could license Shin Megami Tensei/Persona properties through Sega in order to solely represent the company, as could have been the case before the merger. If our favorite ice demon got confirmed in order to represent Atlus, then that could help 3rd parties under 2nd party ownership such as Bomberman and Bayonetta. And that'll make him even more unique!

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Sorry about that. Must've missed something. :p

Between A- to B. Jack Frost has great visual design, mascot status, and has a variety of ice-based powers to bring to the table. I can see him being a great expansion on the Ice Climbers' ice-based attacks. I mean, the fire element has always had the most prominence in Smash (Mario & Luigi's Fireballs, Bowser's fire breath, FALCON PAWNCH, PK Fire, Fox and Falco's Fire Fox/Falcon, the effects of most of Samus's projectile arsenal, Link & Toon Link's Bombs, Din's fire, Ike & Roy's neutral specials, & Charizard) Lucas and the Ice Climbers are going to need someone else to help cool down the competition. If the summons I listed are used as alternative specials, he will bring along cameos. The only real problem I see against his uniqueness is that is fighting style/theme is a bit too conventional compared to other characters who could get in.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Interesting results, I think we all know where the Frost will belong.

Now we gotta rate this character before we get to the interesting third parties because I think she is a possibility. Today we are rating the hair demon-filled Bayonetta. Can she prove that her extreme hair powers show worthiness in joining the Smash cast?

Remember, analyses are recommended, but grades are fine too. ;)

I appreciate the participation!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I missed Jack Frost? Apologies on my part! :laugh:

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Bayonetta, the sexy angle killer that is making her way to WiiU.

It's obvious at first sight that her main weapons consist of guns specifically 4 pistols called the Scarborough Fair or Love is Blue depending on the game.

We have seen gun users in the past but nothing like the way she uses them. She fights wielding 2 in her hands but the other two are strapped to her boots meaning she can fire normally and shoot during her kicks, nothing we've seen before in any smash fighter. Not only dose she wield pistols but she has a vast arsenal of guns, swords, whips, and did I mention Gun-Chucks. Although these weapons alone are not very unique the way she uses them in a more brutal-yet-seductive manner makes the way they are used something new.

Another major ability that is something new and something to behold is her Wicked Weave

With her hair she can create portals to smaller summons that she uses for attacks that range to limbs to weapons to even wings, and I'm PRETTY SURE that no one in smash can do that making it a quite unique ability. With a similar ability she can summon Infernal Daemons, titanic hell-spawn that he summons to aid her in battle.

Bayonetta's body type isn't anything new compared to most females but her dark and sexy appearance and interesting wardrobe make up for it.

At the end I barely scratched the surface of her arsenal and abilities but I can assure you that what she gets move-set wise will be little to nothing we have seen before so I would give her an S

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master

Bayonetta: S+

Where to begin? Lets start from the basics: Bayonetta has dozens of weapons she can use to have a range of attacks from all distances and on every input. The ones I can immediately remember from the first game are a sword, a giant pair of claws and a whip. These all have more versatility than you'd immediately think, they have dozens of attacks on their own. But that's only the start. Bayonetta has a variety of guns to attach to her heels, to start she uses a pair of pistols, but can find or buy shotguns, revolvers and other firearms to take their place. In short, she has a tremendous amount of projectiles on top of melee.

That is not even touching upon all the other things she can do. She has hand-to-hand combat that can easily be its own moveset all on its own, except it also summons monsters to synchronize her attacks with giant boots, punches and stomps that come through humongous portals. She can summon torture machines at will to execute monsters on the fly if they're weak enough. For the finale on a boss, she has an assortment of huge demons to summon that are obvious final smash fodder, but surely could be used to inspire a move or two.

If you want a simple basis for a moveset, it's not as if it's intimidating to create one. She has an obvious standard projectile in her pistols she carries around normally, that can be rapid-fired at all times in the first game to whittle down a foe's health. Bayonetta transforms into various animals, including a bird and panther for an obvious recovery. Multiple mid-air jumps can be purchased in the game as well as defensive measures or items that have a variety of unique effects. Bayonetta can even walk on walls and ride missiles to name a couple of many, many inane abilities of the character.

I almost forgot to add how she can stop time. I'm sure I missed a huge amount in this long summary that are obvious to a big Bayonetta fan.

Keep in mind this is all based purely on the first game and Sakurai could easily implement aspects of Bayonetta 2., which may be just as full of content.

My opinion is that she needs to go right to the top of the list.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Based on my very limited Bayonetta knowledge, I'd say she's an easy candidate for A. Between attacking with hair and her 4 guns, she could be a mid-long range focused character in line with Megaman, but probably more combo and aerial oriented.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't know much about Bayonetta, but from what I have seen (gameplay footage) she looks like she could easily be the most creative addition to the game. Prime candidate for an S rank, or at the very least an A.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'd say A because as cool as she'd be, gameplay wise her big "thing" seems to be range. But I wouldn't complain about an S I guess.

andimidna

Smash Master
Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Alrighty, I think this was a pretty good day for Bayonetta, you guys did a great job showing off Bayonetta's moveset potential.

Today were are rating the Bomb placing robot, Bomberman. Can Bomberman prove that his bombs differentiate from Snake's to become a interesting fighter?

Remember, analyses are recommended, but grades are fine too. ;)

I appreciate the participation!

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768

Bomberman- Rank A
Well, what can I say about a character, who is completely based on bombs. He has craptons of bombs at his disposal. Bombs, Fire Bombs, Ice Bombs, Thunder Bombs, Bomb Bombs, Aqua Bombs, Mine Bombs, you name it. This could make for large moveset potential, as each input may use a different type of bomb. He could also use his pump to make his bombs larger and more destructive and could be a very useful Down Special. Unfortunately, his strength is also his weakness: There is not much else he can use BUT bombs. Of course, this has worked with sword users because it makes so much sense, but taking the "bomb" out of BOMBerman is stupid. They could probably put some stuff into Bomberman's play that makes him different, but I can defiantly he deserves an A ranking.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Like a cartoony Snake. But of course without his melee powers and a lot (well maybe not a lot) more options in how to use his bombs. His specials are pretty easy to imagine (pump up bomb, throw different elemental bombs, mine bombs, kick bombs, are the first 4 that come to my mind) but his standard attacks would probably be weak and/or generic punch and kicks. Not terrible, but not very unique obviously.

Until I get more people contributing, I'd have to say B+ or A- sound perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom