• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Uniqueness Tier List: Captain Falcon, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, and Meta-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I don't know enough about Micaiah to say that she could be more unique than Robin, but certain seems likely she would be more unique than the lords. I say a light A.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, if we're also doing Micaiah...

It's kind of hard to say with her. I would probably say she should be A, but probably lower A. Not quite B though. The reason for that is that her ability to use light magic is something fairly unique to her, but at the same time, we've seen other pure magic users like Zelda before, and as such she'd probably play somewhat similarly to that. Still, pure magic is rare among Smash fighters as a whole, and if she were added in, they could probably put an interesting spin on her abilities to make her unique in her own way. I don't think she'd be as unique as Robin, who has an obvious way of bringing in an entirely new play style that has yet to be seen in Smash, but her natural abilities do lend themselves to some interesting possibilities that some creative thinking could make something great out of. So, I'd say A.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ok so I won't be prejudice about Micaiah, I'll be honest, I don't think she deserves an S, however I believe she should be right with Palutena maybe even a little higher. Not only am I a fan of the two beauties, but they have a similar weapon that if only one makes it in, they would be the only Smash character to have it. The ability of light magic.

1. How many diverse options does this character have?
Micaiah has probably one of the more wider ranges of options compared to the already existing characters in smash. Why? Well because not only can she use light magic, but Fire Emblem Awakening (which she is DLC for) allows her to use both dark and anima magic, which would make her different from Palutena the other popular light user. Not only does she have magic on her side but she also has the power of using staves, which makes her in my opinion much more interesting then Zelda's basic moveset. She could also have the possibility of being paired with Sothe, the quick rouge whom Sakurai may feel high upon.

2. Is their moves or abilities diverse from the rest of the Smash cast?
Yes, as I mentioned before she does. She could use a magic attack from the three types she wields, or could have a tome change, allowing her to use all three types of magic at different times, maybe have light magic be weak but fast, anima be balanced, and dark be slow but strong. There are a vast amount of effects each of them could do, and each could have there strengths, such as since Thani is strong for Knight units in Radiant Dawn, it could be made very useful on heavy characters such as Bowser. She can also use various staves. She could use Silence to prohibit an opponent from using ranged attacks for sometime, rewarp in a way to teleport herself, or use Sleep which would work somewhat similar to Jigglypuff's sing move. She also could perhaps heal herself (something that could be a Sakurai made move) that would be similar to Project M's Ivysaur's heal, but would be chargeable like R.O.B.'s laser in which the less you use it, the more powerful it would become. Those are all options for her to use. That gives her a wide range of options, making her very tactful which I would really like.

3. Has the concept of the character been done before?
Sort of, she would be somewhat like Zelda, and potentially like Palutena.

3a. If it has been done before, is the character's way of doing it unique on it's own.
Yes, because neither Zelda nor Palutena can use staves.

4. Does the character's abilities and moves provide enough to be entertaining?
Very much so. You really have to plan out how exactly you want to use her attacks. or sure she would be a character for more advanced players, but I feel like the pay off would be very much worth it. For once you do get the hang of her she would be a huge force to be reckoned with.

5. How visually different is the character in terms of body shape and looks?
Well she's very attractive that's for sure. She has some bright Silver hair which would set her apart from looking like any of the other characters. She has multiple outfits, 3 for the classes she achieves in Radiant Dawn, as well as the sexy Dark Mage DLC from Awakening.

6. Does it fit the character well enough?
Yes she does. She is the main character of one of the better Nintendo published Wii games, she brings a new type of moveset to not only the game, but as a new style for her series which has only been represented by sword users, and while she may just seem sweet and looks somewhat frail, she can be very cool and strong when it comes to leadership and in types of pressure. She would fit very well I think in the Super Smash Bros. series.

I hope there weren't very many grammatical or spelling errors. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Alrighty The Light Music Club gave us a great finale on Micaiah! ^_^

Now we have to end the day, today we are rating Fire Emblem's unofficial mascot, Anna the Merchant!
How will she fare with other FE competitors to make her a very unique character. I am pretty tempted to make an analysis, but I'm going to tag @ Jaedrik Jaedrik for her day now.

Remember analyses are recommended. ^_^

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Wh-whaoht? Oh. I'll come back in about 10 or so hours. . . ! Sorry, college and church stuff.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'll be waiting for your analysis soon. :)
I think Anna could have a similar playstyle to Fox, only she's using her Levin Sword, and possesses a Pikathunder-like projectile. I'll be posting my moveset soon if possible, but my business may get in the way

Anna's Playstyle:
Anna is a quick, nimble character in both speed and in attacking. She can use her Levin Sword in her Smash to temporarily stun the opponent. Her normal attacks and aerial attacks do electrical damage in short range, but are pretty weak, but can stun the opponent enough for her to do a combo. Her jumps are pretty much equal to Fox's, only much more horizontal, so she can easily get away from a situation. With some of her special moves, she has a quick thunder attack that's much faster to execute than Pikachu's, but much weaker, but can stun. She can use the move Rescue to gain a long line of range, another way to get out of a situation or to trick the opponent from time to time. Her Side-B is a quick dash attack (similar to Ike's), is much faster to execute, but has low KO potential. Her Neutral B is an attack (similar to Marth's Neutral, only she spins and it's a multi-hitting attack) that also stuns the opponent longer depending how long you charge. All in all, her playstyle makes use of stun attacks to get away from opponents, being a tricky character to hit once she jumps away. Being able to use her effectively will give the opponent a hard time to attack her.

Special Attacks:
Neutral-B: Trickster Tornado: Anna charges her sword to spin her sword intensely, although it does not KO as well as Marth's Neutral-B.

Side-B: Sword Swipe: Anna quickly dashes to the opponent as far as a medium charged (Ike's) quick draw, it can also steal the opponent's item.

Up-B: Rescue Staff: Anna uses her staf to teleport a quick far distance, makes her immobile once she uses it.

Down-B: Levin Shock: Anna uses her sword to summon half-sized (Pikachu esque) thunder attack, although it doesn't KO as well as Pikachu's.

Normal Attacks:
Jab: Anna quickly hunches and swings her Levin Sword swiftly 2 times, with the final hit being a quick upward slice.

Side-Tilt: Anna quickly steps forward to give out a ranged sword attack. Not the best hit-box, but can stun for a while.

Down-Tilt: Anna quickly does a quick sweep with her sword that causes the opponent to be stunned for a short while to combo the opponent.

Dash: Anna quickly gains a quick distance to do a quick upperslash. Can send the opponent in a side-slightly down direction.

Up-Tilt: Anna quickly swivels her sword to multi-hit her opponent. A low hitbox, but if hit, it has a good killl power.

Air Attacks:

Neutral-Air: Similar to Marth's but much faster and easier to execute, but with the cost of lower sword range.

F-Air: Does a quick side stab on the opponent while moving forward a little, can be used abusively.

B-Air: Similar to Marth's but much faster and easier to execute, but with the cost of lower sword range.

D-Air: Does a quick diagonal swing to the opponent, can cause a temporary stun.

U-Air: Spins her sword above her to multi-hit the opponent, although not much vertical range is in the move.

Smash Attacks:

F-Smash: Anna steps forward spin her sword forward like a helicopter to do multi-hit damage. Has good KO potential.

D-Smash: Anna spins swiftly along with sweeping her sword near the ground to cover from opponents.

U-Smash: Anna quickly uses her Levin sword to create a quick upper thunder-shield, although it does not do much damage.

Throws:

F-Throw: Anna lightly tosses the opponent in the air to spin kick and her sword to knock out the opponent forward.

U-Throw: Anna quickly spintosses the opponent upward.

B-Throw: Anna throw slams the opponent back to the ground to make the opponent fall to the ground.

D-Throw: Anna quickly slams the opponent down to the ground and shocks the opponent with her Levin Sword.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I only know or remember Anna from FE:A, but she could be fun enough. Unique, I don't know... the Spacies and Shiek come to mind, but that doesn't mean she couldn't be fun. I say B+ or so based on the above and my own knowledge.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Anna is very easy A-/B+ stuff at the lowest when you consider the fact that her character runs a shop that pretty much provides the cast in most FEs with various gear and is also canonically (as per FE:A) the person responsible for chronicling the events of each FE's main events. I'd imagine she'd be fairly talented with any manner of weaponry from the franchise (with her trademark as per Awakening being the lightning imbued Levin Sword) she provides along with a handful of abilities (which is fairly well supported by the Five Anna Firefight DLC in FE:A) and could also make modest use of all these tools in one very unique move set. My attempt from the Anna thread for example chose to eschew any single weapon proficiency and instead make her a near jill of all trades:

One of the ideas I played around with in my attempts at making a move set for her (which I then took for a more original idea of mine) was having a coin projectile she could interact with while it's in transit. If you want to see the idea:

Concept: “Double Move set” where her moves change depending on whether or not there is a object (in this case a coin) from the character’s repertoire in play currently. Character flicks or flips a coin and has various means to interact with this coin as it moves through the air or rebounds off a struck opponent

Jab: Anna jabs outward with the butt of her sword. As she holds the sword in a reverse grip, her jab combo is a quick hook, back fist then finally a strong straight poke forward with the butt of the sword.
ftilt: Anna butts the opponent with the charged tip of her personal magic staff using it like a pool stick.
dtilt: Anna pokes her opponent with the charged tip of her personal magic staff similar to her ftilt but angled to the floor.
uptilt: Anna emits a small burst of magic from the tip of her magic staff while gently waving it from forward to above herself. Pops opponents upward on contact.
fsmash: Anna leaps in place, does a forward flip then comes down with a two handed slash using the Levin Sword. Alternatively, she gets a single dual handed overhead slash similar to Link's N64 fsmash.
dsmash: Anna stabs the Levin Sword into the ground. The tremor generated electrifies opponents launching them sideways.
upsmash: Anna twirls the Levin Sword upward in a propeller like motion. The last hit launches upwards. (Think of Dante's Prop Shredder in the Devil May Cry and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 games)
nair: Using a Fire Tome, Anna summons a whirling flame that circles her as she descends.
fair: Using a Lightning tome, Anna summons a disjointed electrical storm that floats opponents on hit
bair: Using a Wind tome, Anna charms the area dictated by her finger gesture and a breeze of wind follows a short path out of the book acting like Marth's bair
dair: Anna swings a bag full of coins straight down to club an opponent. This can spike.

B - Coin Flip (Spare Change?): Character flicks a coin forward with a slight arc in its trajectory. Holding B changes the vertical trajectory but decreases the horizontal distance traveled. Holding B long enough has the character shoot the coin straight upward. Can shoot 2 more additional coins after the first. Coins bounce off opponents upward before landing on the ground. Coins on the ground fade away after a fairly short amount of time.
Forward B - Pulse (Hands Off!): Anna conjures a burst of light/fire/wind/lightning that drops from the heavens. Holding the B button determines its distance away from her (similar to Din's Fire) with max distance being three characters away. If a coin is in transit, Anna enchants the object so it stalls in place and bursts with the effect of the magic.
Down B Counter (No Pickpockets!): Anna assumes a defensive position with the Levin Sword. If attacked, she spins in place and delivers a powerful back stab that launches low or horizontal to the ground.
Up B - Warp (Attending to Foreign Business): Anna pulls out a staff and warps in a direction dictated by the directional input after the move's start up. If a coin is in transit and hasn't hit the ground, aiming Anna towards it will have her warp to its position with loads of forward momentum and attempt to snag it out of the air. If collected, she regains any unused air actions [but cannot Up B again] and can strike immediately after. If she misses, she goes into a vulnerable free fall state.

Grabs: See Hong's moveset.
Dash Attack: Runs forward then swings a bag of coins forward (think of a hammer throw) that smack with a satisfying sound.
The idea was that her B moves would change properties and play up the "deception" part of her trickster title. By maintaining constant pressure and technicality with coins, your screen presence would be very difficult to keep track of as any moment a coin was on screen, there would be more than one option to keep track of.
While I also believe that she doesn't have the pull of the headliners in Chrom and Lucina or the next runner up in Robin/Tactician/My Unit (pretty much the only thing that kept me from going full derp and saying she's S tier is her visibility and the fact that people love them some main characters), Anna is really one of the better choices that can be made if the series wants a character with longevity and the potential for a tenured position in Smash. Also, another cool girl.

Edit: Oh, didn't see that there was a template already. Guess I'll run through them and give some answers now for convenience's sake:

1. How many diverse options does this character have?

As mentioned before, Anna is a character who possesses regular access to the entirety of Fire Emblem's means of combat and the skills regularly equipped before heading off to complete a specific map. Additionally, she has a very specific appearance as a character you could fight against as the ultimate test of one's ability to play Fire Emblem in a very special DLC chapter that can be used as further reference for character abilities and options.

2. Is their moves or abilities diverse from the rest of the Smash cast?

While she will no doubt have overlap with some characters by virtue of having access to swords and sword based normals, the breadth of other options she could have in compliment with her trademark Levin Sword as well as differences in animations and utilities of the swords used (seriously, Levin Sword controls lightning) makes it very easy to make something wholly unique within the Smash cast.

3. Has the concept of the character been done before?

One could argue that the jack of all trades has been attempted before with Link and Pit, however...

3a. If it has been done before, is the character's way of doing it unique on it's own.

By the sheer number of tools available to herself and the potential that a thief or trickster classed character from the Fire Emblem series possesses, there's no lacking number of ways she can twist it to make it her own thing.

4. Does the character's abilities and moves provide enough to be entertaining?

I would agree with the idea that Anna provides enough to be very entertaining. Moveset potential has been talked to death by myself already and the character brings a very fun and bubbly "gimmie the loot" personality to Smash, while also showing to others that Fire Emblem can be about more than stoic nobility using swords for everything.

5. How visually different is the character in terms of body shape and looks?

The character automatically stands out among the cast for being a potential new female face among the male dominated cast, has a very distinct wardrobe whether you look at her Trickster promotion or even her standard gear in Awakening, and has enough visual "quirks" in source material (holding swords in reversed grips, large backpacks full of gear, her garb as a merchant) that you could immediately find someone asking what the hell turning around and falling for the character in no time at all.

6. Does the moves and abilities fit the character well enough?

As Anna has never shied away from combat and shows great proficiency even with her mostly playful and quirk laden fighting style, I think she's perfectly suited for the moves and abilities proposed.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Anna: A-
Anna has some potential even if she does wield a sword. To prevent this from being an issue she could be given a knife (as Trickster class is an elevation from the Thief class who wield knives in the Radiant saga). Either way, the Trickster class has access to staves so that makes up for her also using a sword a bit. As a merchant, Anna sells the various items that supply armies in Fire Emblem. In Smash this could be shown in a number of ways: 1.) Have Anna use various types of equipment or 2.) Have Anna pull from Smash's own items. I like idea 2 the best; for one of Anna's Specials I suggest she is able to pull a random item out of her bag. This would have to be kept fair, clearly, so some limits should be placed on it such as a cooldown time. She could spawn most things, but specific, less powerful items would be more common. She could also have the ability to steal an item from an opponent (maybe even the ability to pickpocket Villager), this is another carry over from the Radiant saga. She is also recruited with a Levin Sword, which has lightning effects. Which could spice up sword based moves. Staves can heal or teleport her. Anna also has a lot of personality, she even has a signature look. Hong's idea of a coin-based "K.O. Punch" is interesting as well. Overall, a lot of options.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Looking at the moveset again, I'm not too sure what the coin is suppose to do?
When the coin is in the battlefield, it cause various effects to moves?
You've got it. The coin is a standard projectile with its own set traveling arcs and a rebound effect when it hits things. Holding B allows it to change trajectory the longer it's pressed, similar to how Diddy lines up his shots with the Peanut Popgun. When it touches the ground it fades away. While it's in transit, Anna, being a character whose eye is always on the money, will always target it with her up and side specials. So think of it as such:

Where her casting magic would strike an area a certain distance in front of herself with her forward B, if a coin is moving on screen, she'll simply focus the magic wherever the coin currently is on screen.

Where her Up B would act like a standard teleporting recovery, when a coin is in transit, she'll aim her warp point to somewhere near where the coin is in space.

The idea is that she'll always want coins on screen and the meta of placing them to be in certain positions she can either warp to or blast keeps it all interesting.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
You've got it. The coin is a standard projectile with its own set traveling arcs and a rebound effect when it hits things. Holding B allows it to change trajectory the longer it's pressed, similar to how Diddy lines up his shots with the Peanut Popgun. When it touches the ground it fades away. While it's in transit, Anna, being a character whose eye is always on the money, will always target it with her up and side specials. So think of it as such:

Where her casting magic would strike an area a certain distance in front of herself with her forward B, if a coin is moving on screen, she'll simply focus the magic wherever the coin currently is on screen.

Where her Up B would act like a standard teleporting recovery, when a coin is in transit, she'll aim her warp point to somewhere near where the coin is in space.

The idea is that she'll always want coins on screen and the meta of placing them to be in certain positions she can either warp to or blast keeps it all interesting.
Oooo.. I get it now, now I really like that idea. Very original idea, I could see this being lots of fun. :O

andimidna

Smash Master
A solo Anna would be quite interesting, I'd give her an A- just for a good Lance moveset. But...
She could be the character all the fighting styles of Fire Emblem gets thrown on, and it would work, as she'sthe recurring character that has fit so many roles.
Just imagine all she could take, there have been so many games, this would easily earn her an S.
just like Rosalina represents new Mario and has those moves she doesn't actually use thrown on her, this could happen with Anna, taking all of the many unique unused fighting styles in the whole series.
This could probably be done with Robin too, but I only thought this up right now.
They probably wouldn't do this if she was added :/
I'll just give an A
Great moveset, Blue!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Anna: S tier.

Believably and affordance is the name of the game when it comes to real potential uniqueness.
The character's base games give some obvious indication of the range of possible moves, and we have observed that Sakurai often takes a wide range of abilities that a given character uses in a series, but most especially in the case of the FE series he's stolen quite a few moves from other characters to each-other, or even just made them up. It's safe to say that all these things would be done if Anna was put in the game. There's a wide range of options that one would choose from, but the key indication of what they will potentially do is rooted in Sakurai's examination of their moves and those around them.

Anna ranks perhaps the highest of any FE character due her unique position as representing the whole of the Anna family in accord with the likely probability that all their roles would be taken into account analogous to how Sakurai gives Mario both the cape and FLUDD. What route he would go about this, however, it is near impossible to tell. . . Will he take one Anna job and represent that primarily, will he have the spark of seeing her work in some other context in relation to many abilities from her other roles? Who knows?
. . . And the routes he may take are fraught with things that no other character in Smash has done, and most likely will not do.
The easiest example of this is the spear, which is the weapon of choice for 'merchant' class units in Awakening. . . but that almost seems like a cop-out. She's been in how many games and hasn't had a combat role?
The best route to point to when attempting to appeal Anna's high uniqueness is the fact that she is much like the Villager from Animal Crossing. Though she has the rare combat role, her focus had been as a utility in the game, and she did and does various many things. It is not hard with even a cursory view of her roles to imagine what would be if Sakurai went the route of inspiring her moveset ala how he was inspired for the Villager's moveset. She is in effect a merchant, with a believable access to all things associated. Slashing prices with nearly any weapon? Check right there, Sakurai would observe the affordance and smile at the realization of his free reign. Combine this with the fact that her playable character in Awakening is a Trickster gives her more believable access to swords (ugh), but more importantly to staffs, which have yet to see use in Smash despite their ubiquitous healing and buffing and teleporting status in Fire Emblem.
For a very meta moveset we could have her telling people to take breaks and whacking people with User Interface elements from the FE menus she's associated with. Granted, it may be the stretch of the century, but when compared to the stretches Sakurai made for ROB, IC, Villager, and most notably Mr. G&W? It becomes less of a stretch and more of Sakurai just doing what he does every day, exercising his creative muscles.

Her aesthetic seems to be a final roadblock, then. Why would Sakurai make light of a character from such a grave series? He has demonstrated himself to not be 'above' bringing more (relatively so) serious characters into the world of Smash which has an inherent levity about it, indicated by the presence of Samus, Fox, Falcon, not to mention Snake whose own games have a decided blend of tension and jokes, and Smash has rubbed off on them, see how Samus behaves in the Little Mac trailer, or the new ultra dramatic facial expressions of Fox, or the hilarious cutscene where Falcon slides into a ton of Pikmin and kills them in a ridiculous pose.
Anna is essentially the capricious easter egg character of her own series, so out of any of the others, she would again have the most affordance for creativity and believably in her potential silliness, things like lugging out huge bags of gold becomes appreciable, and her lust for money and gratuitous money puns is a theme unbeknownst to Smash, besides the obvious Wario inclusion (whom I hope may include an expansion of his greedy account expressed through his moves regardless).
Her physical Aesthetic has not been done before either. Is there any girl in Smash who has a vociferous whimsy, red hair, and a jester outfit, or a giant back on their backs ala the merchant, or even her old plain outfit? Nay, I say!

By this point, I pray that none would deny her rightful place in S tier!
Edit: Oh, uh, I probably should have done this sooner, it looks like most others have already set in their votes for A tier. Most unfortunate. . .
Edit 2: N-not that I was presuming to be able to ch-change your opinions a-anyways, bakas.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
@ Jaedrik Jaedrik : I think she's easy S tier (with Robin from the same game), but I just wanted to be modest.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I think Anna deserves the A or S- place.

As a trickster she can pull a unique swordfighting style not yet seen in smash bros, strangely her swordplay is much closer to knife-fighting style from thieves and rouges of the FE9/10 games. Besides the right backhand swordfighting style the weapon mostly associated with her is the Levin sword that casts thunder magic at enemies from afar. Anna as a trickster is more associated with magic than physical combat and is explained by her staff use. She's a mixture of magic and swords but more iconic for her staff use like Lady Elincia except Anna in Awakening is without a Pegasus of course. Her Merchant class allows her to use lances something that hasn't been seen in smash yet. Since she is a merchant she's very educated with a lot of weapon types, so re-classing feature or allowing her to use different weapons would be a comfortable feature to give her because she isn't set with a main weapon. Mixing both of these classes i'd say place her right at A+ tier or S-.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
That was a great analysis Monk4, but the character would have to complement a new playstyle in Smash in order to be S Tier. Maybe give Anna the ability to summon her merchants like Naruto?

I'm going to end this day now. Today we are rating the manakete whom lived for 1000 years, Tiki. How can her dragon-like powers make for a unique playstyle for his own?

Going to tag @ kikaru kikaru and @Pacack for this day.
Analyses are recommended. ;)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
From what I researched, Tiki could have a sort of fighting style that involves mostly kicking sort of similar to benders in Avatar: TLAB. If you can hit enough times to the opponent, you earn Manakete power and you can turn into a large manakete for a short period of time using the Dragonstone. There's a small stone in her back that indicates the amount of charge needed to turn into a dragon, once it sparkles, you can turn into a dragon. This is basically awarding system for playing Tiki good in battle.

My Specials:

Side-B: Breaths out a quick medium ranged fire breath. Costs Tiki some Manakete power.

Up-B: Tiki does a flaming upperkick, does not help Tiki recover that well.

Neutral-B: Tiki uses her dragonstone to turn into a dragon.

Down-B: Tiki guards her self with one arm, if the opponent hits her, she blows out flame breath causing burn for temporary while.

I'll go give her a A-.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
S-tier.

Tiki's dragonstone makes her a perfect candidate for a shadow boxing playstyle, where her dragonself is her shadow. She has a special move to summon the dragonstone, which appears in the background similar to Pokemon Trainer. Tiki's human form is incapable of doing damage, but her dragon self packs a punch. Manaketes can't maintain their dragon form indefinitely, so there is a time limit on how long the dragon can be out.

To make things really interesting, look at this:

These are the dragonstones available in Fire Emblem 12. What I am proposing is that each of these dragonstones is a special move (except for divine stone which can be a final smash that combines all four other stones). Fire Stone is a neutral special, where Tiki's dragon form breathes fire breath in front of her. Ice Stone is a side special move, similar to PK Freeze. Wyvernstone has wings to allow Tiki to recover, ala Up Special. Down Special would be the Magestone, which is a defensive counter.

Tiki would be a very powerful character to offset her inability to chain special moves together (she can chain multiple of the same special move together, but she cannot go from fire breath to ice breath or from ice breath to mage shield due to the first dragon still being present).

Starbound

Fire stone is a continous stream of fire, ala Fire Breath and Flamethrower.

Ice stone is a single stream of ice.

Mage stone is very short range.

Starbound

Yeah

It's a bit like a stance user with another unique concept added to it.

Conren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Conren1
3DS FC
5086-4445-8944
A+

The very concept of a girl that turns into a dragon is already very unique.

If I were design a moveset for her, I would keep Tiki closer to the Fire Emblem "family" by making nearly all her moves use her chosen weapon, in this case being her holy dragon breath. I imagine her staying in human form normally, and changing into a dragon when she attacks. This style of transforming makes her attacks a little laggy, but not too much since I imagine her transforming as she attacks.

How she transforms back into human could be done in one of two ways. First, she could transform automatically after every attack. This would give a dynamic flow to combat. Alternatively, her transformation could be triggered by rolling or crouching, giving more control. One cool animation she could have in human form is for her to sprout dragon wings when she air jumps or glides.

Moves:

Neutral B - A chargeable attack, Tiki shoots an arcing ball of holy-fire. The size and damage of the ball depends on charge. The ball could burn for a little bit after it hits ground.

Side B - A rushing claw attack, similar to some of the abilities that laguz have.

Up B - Some kind of flying attack maybe?

Down B - And of course, a counter. Tiki's counter could have some range to it, making it useful against some projectiles, but having a lower multiplier than other counters.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
There should be some sort of timer when she is in dragon form. :p
If you mean she transforms into a dragon every time she turns into a dragon, it seems like too much transforming for Tiki.

Conren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Conren1
3DS FC
5086-4445-8944
Seems unnecessary, unless her power is exaggerated.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
While I don't have time to do a full analysis I do believe Tiki has the potential to be one of the more unique characters to debut in Smash Bros.

Harnessing power from various elemental stones can result in many different usages for them in both humanoid and dragon forms. Fire and Ice stones can be used for both breath-based attacks as well as leaving behind temporary field hazards such as a burning patch of land or a slippery patch of ice. And being able to transform between a large, brutish dragon and an elegant woman is also telling of her potential between movesets/interesting ways to incorporate them.

A 'Shadow Dragon' moveset can be incorporated in that Tiki and her dragon form share the same standards/aerials/etc. Tiki would utilize projections of her dragon form to attack, I believe this would be more interesting than one would think because many characters such as Marth, Link, Cpt. Falcon have all their assets revealed when it comes to standard attacks. Based on their standing positions alone we can judge approximately how long Marth or Link's sword can reach or how far Cpt. Falcon can extend his arms to deliver a punch, but with this 'Shadow Dragon' moveset it is more difficult to judge Tiki's actual range because her assets cannot be seen. Of course there needs to be downsides to having this, otherwise there is almost no point transforming into a larger, slower dragon.

Other ways to incorporate her potential is to produce two dynamic movesets for both her humanoid and dragon forms that both possess their own strengths and weaknesses. A combination of breath-based and dragon-like attacks, the ability to leave behind stage hazards, and the ability to transform leaves behind a lot of ideas to work with. Even borrowing from Hong's moveset in combination with an idea I had for a Chrom + Robin duo is to make her transform double up as a counter. Tiki would surround herself in petals and transform, if she counters an attack successfully while transforming she will burst from the petals in her new form and this burst will deal damage to enemies. If she fails to counter an attack then her transform duration will take longer.

An additional method to bring out her potential is the introduction of a game mode which I will dub 'Roster Vs.' This game mode would allow you to select a roster of characters for your team. For instance, if I play a three stock game in this mode I can lead with Fox while having Little Mac and Ridley on reserve. The only way to switch is to have your current character suffer a KO. This game mode would allow a lot more play and counterplay options for characters that can transform. (Transforming characters inherently have this problem in a 1 v 1 match up in that it is almost always best to go with one of the characters instead of switching between the two, in Melee for example it is almost always more favorable to play Sheik than Zelda). This matters because this allows all transforming characters more options for counter-picking. Back to the example I stated, if I lead with Fox and my opponent leads with Tiki, it would be more advantageous for Tiki to remain in humanoid form as she will not be as easily comboed unlike her heavier, larger dragon form. But when I switch into Little Mac then it may be more advantageous for Tiki to transform into a character who has a powerful aerial game since according to Sakurai Little Mac's aerial game is very lackluster.

Anyways it feels like I'm beating these reasons like a dead horse since many of them are already stated in the Tiki thread, but as far as potential in comparison to the roster thus far I would give her an A+ or a S. Biased? Probably, but I think her potential, as far as the Fire Emblem series goes, can only be rivaled by a melee/magician tag team.

andimidna

Smash Master
With Twinrova's deconfirmation, Tiki zoomed to my 3rd most wanted newcomer. I want a character with fire and ice abilities. I like the concept, and Tiki is so much more than just fire and ice. She can go from a little girl (young in Shadow Dragon) with "magic" powers into a dragon. And who doesn't love dragons? Her uniqueness is what makes her a viable choice and is the reason I want her. I mean, Nah is the better manakete in Awakening, but we know that's not happening. Nowi wouldn't get in over her either. Like Anna, Tiki has the ability to pull from multiple appearances, but unlike Anna, Tiki has always been playable, or at least that's how I've been told... I've only played bits of Sacred Stones, Lyn's game (it was just called Fire Emblem), and Awakening. I don't know much yet, but I'm really getting in to it. I've got a long plane ride tomorrow, I know what I'll be doing.
I've seen people say her Final Smash should be calling in the Divine Dragon? Sounds good to me, from what I've learned, I think she deserves S tier for being able to incorporate 2 potential play styles, I look forward to learning more about Tiki. I'd also hope that if she's added, she would get an alt for her Awakening appearance or her Shadow Dragon one, depending on what the default look would be.
@Hotfeet444 knows a lot about Tiki, maybe he'll come by.

If you ever do a Zelda week, I recommend:
Day 1: Toon Zelda, Toon Zelda/ Tetra, Toon Zelda/ Toon Sheik, and Tetra
Day 2: Midna and Zant
Day 3: Tingle and Vaati
Day 4: Impa and Ganon
Day 5: Yuga, Hilda, and Ravio
Day 6: Groose and Fi
Day 7: Ghirahim and Demise

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
In Tiki's 5 playable appearances she always uses the divine dragonstone or dragonstone+. She can shift into a dragon and shoot projectiles. She can borrow the kicking/punching abilities from the laguz in FE9/10. Tiki as a dragon is more of an aerial fighter so I could potentially see her moveset be divided based on her shifting. For her ground attacks she can fight unshifted and for smash and aerials she can shift into her dragon form. I give Tiki an A score.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I think I'm going to end this day now, we have some very descriptive thoughts regarding Tiki. :)

Today we are rating an advertised duo, Chrom+Lucina. Can the two warriors prove that their tag-team mechanics prove to be unique enough more than Chrom alone?

Remember analyses are recommended. ;)

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
An Ice Climbers style team that can strategically switch from falchion to lance, but have different stats regarding heaviness.
Chrom could have the strong attacks, Lucina could run past him for range, and like Nana, wouldn't hurt Chrom's percentage
Lucina may even wear her mask when using a sword?
Trying to not be biased, I'd say A+
Like Anna, Tiki, Robin, and Micaiah, they'd be dramatically different from every FE character so far, when together.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I'm finally back and I had some issues regarding posting earlier which is why I was unable to really do anything on this site for a while. Is it too late to offer input on previous suggested characters? There was a couple characters I would like to offer input on who days have past already (also I was unable to do my Ray MK analysis that I said was coming.)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm pretty tired from sleep now, but I'll do my best to make conversation. (I'm very dizzy today)
Lucina should obviously focus on her combos when it comes to her parallel Falchion as she executes combos faster than Chrom, but she is lighter and has much less sword range than Chrom. Chrom is the strength partner of the duo, but his execution of attacks are much slower, but has the longer sword range than Lucina.

Neutral-B: Dual Guard: The partner defends the player from incoming attacks. They are two variations with the duo.
Using the Dual Guard with Chrom provides big defense but slow execution.
Using the Dual Guard with Lucina provides faster execution but lower defense.

Side-B: Dual Strike: The partner attacks to join in furious combos. The partner will use the same attack as you used with Duel Strike.

Down-B: Switch: The player switches between Chrom and Lucina, you cannot switch when the partner or you attacks.

Up-B: Aether: Chrom and Lucina spin to recovery, this also heals them both if it hits the opponent.
Lucina can take up to 3% if she is the player, while Chrom can take 5% if he is the player.

I apologize if this wasn't good enough.
How can we make the duo work without being broken? Should there be delays in certain attacks?

Last edited:

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so this in no way pertains to the Lucina/Chrom thing going on here but I figured I'd post my Marshal moveset from my thread decked out with the links and all. I think the RH character is in the right spot for the time being but this is just to give a little more visual insight into what characters like Marshal and Rhythm Girl could be capable of. It appears BluePikmin may have been inspired by this one which is never a bad thing! :b:

Playstyle: I envision Marshal as a light, combo-ing type character whose moves are completely unpredictable. When I say unpredictable I mean a lot of his moves would have disjointed hitboxes and hit where you wouldn't expect them (in vein similar to WFT). Many moves would also be quite ranged when you take in his small stature. His other gimmick would be timing moves right to do more damage/extend them a la Marth's Dancing Blade per say. Not all his moves however would utilize this since it would practically be impossible to do so. I thought the timing was a better alternative to "hitting on a beat" like in Rhythm Heaven games especially because hitting on a beat would not necessarily be possible in Smash with all the chaos going on. Not to mention the problem with both an out loud and internal beat. The timing still helps emulate the Rhythm Heaven series gameplay in moveset anyways. These gimmicks would give him a harsh learning curve but can be a formidable opponent if played correctly.
Marshal borrows pretty much EVERYTHING from Rhythm Heaven games including things such as his jump and roll. This allows for a fun, quirky moveset that in a sense can be comparable to Game and Watch and Villager.

Statistics:
Size: 6 (In between Mario and Olimar)
Weight: 4 (tied with Meta Knight and Pikachu)
Speed: 6 (Close to average)
Jump: 7 (Good)

Wall Jump? No
Wall Cling? No
Crouch? Yes
Glide? No
Normal Stuff:
Jump: Straight out of "Night Walk" Marshal jumps with one arm up.
Roll: Also from "Night Walk" Marshal does the head roll seen in the minigame.
Footstool Jump: "Rabbit Jump" Marshal jumps off heads just as the rabbit does from this game
Sidestep: The Ditzie Down move from "Space Dance". Seen at 0:31 in video
Crouch: Just like the girls do in "The Dazzles", Marshall ducks down and covers face
Air Dodge: Ditzie Down in air

Normal Attacks:
Neutral Attack: Punch, punch, kick from "Karate Man"
F-Tilt: "Drummer Duel" Marshal takes out two drumsticks from the minigame and drums one forward. Can chain easily and is good for juggling. This move uses the timing gimmick for more damage if used in succession.
U-Tilt: "Space Soccer" Marshall does the big soccer ball kick as seen at 0:17 in the video hitting the soccer ball upwards. Very fast. This move has long reaching capabilities and continues about 1 Olimar height above Marshal. Additionally this move uses the timing gimmick in which a basketball or football from "Double Date" appears if done right in succession. The football flies farther but does less damage and a basketball doesn't fly as far but does more damage. This is unique in that it is a projectile U-Tilt.
D-Tilt: "Crop Stomp" Marshal does the stomp seen in the video. Sends a veggie upwards giving it hitboxes both upwards and downwards. Another projectile tilt.
Dash Attack: "Flipper Flop" Marshal does an extended version of the flipper roll as seen in this minigame.

Aerials:
N-Air: "Big Rock Finish" Does the guitar jump that falls at the end of each song in midair. The guitar sends out a small shockwave around him. Think a very small version of Barbara's blasts that she does for her AT. First seen at 0:22 in video.
F-Air: "Air Rally" Does a forward swing with the badminton racquet just like Baxter the dog. Hits above him at the start and sends players in an upwards diagonal motion (like a shuttlecock).
B-Air: "Shrimp Shuffle" An air version of the backwards that the shrimp do. Seen first at 0:28 in video.
U-Air: "Love Lab" Shakes a flask that shoots anywhere from 2-5 hearts upwards. The number of hearts is completely random.
D-Air: "See Saw" Does the crashdown thing that See and Saw do after being catapulted very high up (First seen at 0:32 in video as well as a lot near the end). Unique about this move is the ability to bounce off players (as if being catapulted back up). Unlike Toon Link's pogo sword move, the move is automatically canceled out of allowing him to do this as many times as you want (if possible obviously). If sweetspotted, this move is a very effective meteor smash (and Marshal still bounces back up!)

Smashes:
S-Smash: "Samurai Slice"- The normal sideways slice as seen in the game. The twist is that this uses he time gimmick to extend the move (and do more damage). This works more like the Dancing Blade as instead of hitting the button again you move the control stick. If the control stick is pushed forward before the first move ends Marshal will get the 2nd upwards hit as seen at 0:41. If pushed a 3rd time it will give you the flurry combo that the samurai does on the green-eyed shadows ending in a final strike with large knockback (first seen at 0:19 in video as well as near the end). The 2nd hit is very fast so timing it right would take a LOT of practice. (This also relays back to how precise you have to be on this certain minigame :)).
U-Smash: "Bossa Nova" Marshal hits a yellow sphere or blue cube upwards like a volleyball just like the titular characters. Flies in a weird curved diagonal direction.
D-Smash: "Built to Scale" Sends out the two widget pieces (the square ones before being rodded together) on either side of him. Moves much more quickly than seen in the video and goes quite far before disappearing. Uses the timing gimmick to put out to fully assembled widgets that do heavier damage. Once again you have to be quick.

Throws:
Grab: Claps player between hands
Pummel: Holds opponent below him and headbutts. Based off of the peck from "Blue Birds".
U-Throw: "Toss Boys"- Hits opponent upwards just like the characters do to the ball in the minigame.
D-Throw: "Tap Troupe" Does an extremely fast tap dance on top of opponent (that is the tap from this minigame.) Think in vein to Kirby's down throw.
F-Throw: "Ringside" Makes opponent strike the muscle flex pose before kicking them away
B-Throw: "Ringside" Makes the opponent strike the "hand behind back pose" before kicking them away.

Specials:
B: Glee Club: A chargeable move. Opens his mouth and releases a musical blast like the Choir Boys. The musical blast resembles a traveling circular shockwave (think Barbara again) of music notes. There are 3 stages of power to this move and I'll list them from weakest to strongest. The first requires no charge just a quick tap and it appears as a small red circle with sporadic white music notes. Can not travel very far. Disappears on contact with an opponent. The 2nd requires some charging and appears as 2 circles (one red and one blue) with black music notes. It travels much farther and does more damage. Disappears after hitting 2 opponents or after short amount of time is up. The 3rd stage appears as 3 circles (1 red, 1 blue and 1 green) with rainbow music (green note, purple note, etc.) notes. It requires full charge and has the biggest range as well as being able to travel farther. Does not disappear on contact with opponent. Disappears after short amount of time.
Side B: Airboarder: A chargeable move similar to Green Missile and Skull Bash but that is where the similarities end. The direction of the airboard can be controlled by tilting before it takes off. There are a couple things that make this move different from some other similar ones. One, the airboard does not stop when hitting an opponent (goes right through them). Two, you can JUMP while on the airboard (no double jump). Three, you can cancel out of it (the board moves so quite fast so this would take some practice). The more you charge it the farther the airboard goes! When it stops, Marshal is put into a helpless state if in the air.
Up B: Toran and Porin (Tram and Poline): A trampoline spawns under Marshal sending him flying upwards followed by a star trail. The trampoline stays where it is and if you hit the A button the second he hits the trampoline again his second jump will be higher than his first. Can be angled at the PEAK of his jump. And obviously Marshal is not put into helpless state after this move.
Down B: Screwbot Factory: Marshal places a Screwbot down on the ground that will automatically start walking forward on its own. The screwbot is bigger than how it appears in the game (they are half of Marshal's size) and they emit electrical soundwaves (that do electric damage) and yellow music notes. Opponents can also gain very small damage from being walked into by the bots. Marshal can have up to 3 on screen at a time and they don't have to be placed in the same direction. They disappear after walking off the stage edges or after a short amount of time. This is a tactical move. For example, they could be used for edgeguarding (because they walk off edges), distraction (opponent dodges it only to be hit by one of Marshal's other attacks) and combo'ing (you can easily hit an opponent into them). Those are just a couple examples. Screwbots also can not be destroyed!
Final Smash: Night Walk: Marshal appears on a blue pedestal as seen in the minigame and begins to perform a shortened 45 second version of Night Walk. This actually uses a beat and the challenge is to jump along with the beat on the blue pedestal. The opponents will receive the same damage no matter where they are on the screen. How much damage though depends on the player! The better you are at hitting A on the beat the faster the damage will rise. The move ends with a large musical shockwave that sends opponents soaring (or not).

Entrance: Flies in on Night Walk balloons

Up Taunt: "Lockstep" Pulls off 3 Linestep moves in quick succession
Side Taunt: Pulls out a sign that says "Try Again!"
Down Taunt: Spins around in place and strikes a pose yelling "Keep your rhythm up!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom