• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sheesh, there is a war going on throughout the many Smash Bros. message boards throughout the internet. Sakurai is really seeking to outdo his Melee performance huh.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Sheesh, there is a war going on throughout the many Smash Bros. message boards throughout the internet. Sakurai is really seeking to outdo his Melee performance huh.
Seems so. Not much left to do but to sit and wait for the dust to settle and figure out what we get in the end. At this point, all I'm hoping for is Marth's return. If we get that - and I still firmly believe we will - then I can be happy with the game.

Zevox

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
ok, do any of these people have actual proof of their rosters?

or the number of characters?

we dont know anything right now, and these people are taking advantage of that.

Sure some people like NyaseNya may have known these little bits of info, but they cant possibly know all these crucial points of info about the game.

I think the sonic thing could have easily been a lucky guess, as soon as the delay was heard Sakurai knew he would need some sort of crown control and so he would have to reveal a character, a GOOD character at that and everyone kinda already knew that sonic would be in.

these leakers are taking advantage of us because they know we are desperate for information so close to the release of the game.

Dont believe them unless they can supply proof of their sources or proof that these characters are in.

Zevox

Smash Lord
ok, do any of these people have actual proof of their rosters?

or the number of characters?
Nobody has proof - thats impossible without having a copy of the game or of a player's guide, and I really don't think anyone would have either at this point. Anyone with inside info at this point has it because they worked on the game at some point (localization for instance) or on the official player's guide, or heard from someone who did.

For number of characters, we now have three other people who agree with Nya's statement of 35, two of which have been known to leak info on other games in the past, so thats seeming like a pretty strong possibility now.

Zevox

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I don't really feel like going through everything just to say you have an extremely weak argument FOR Geno.
Wow, took long enough, and all was still in vain:

Just like the fact they are retro characters.
1) Technically the LoZ Ocarina Of Time game is considered retro and that's a 10 year old game, thus technically Geno is retro.

Just like he's retro
2) See no. 1

Just like he's popular in Japan
3) Sakurai's poll says hi. Geno is popular as well

Just like how his game was released in Japan as well.
4) ???

You're arguments against Geno fail.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Here might be a convincing reason why these "prophets" might be wrong.

Portrait, Nyase, any of you who leaked this... if you can explain this one away, please do. For some, this will be old.

I present to you, GameFAQers and GameSpotters, the World Icon List.

That's right. The same world icon list we've used to speculate on characters for so long. This has been proven useful time and time again. Theories on CRACKING the organization of the list have failed in the past, but the list has always been correct in one aspect: it proves the minimum number of series left for Sakurai to unveil.

I will explain for those who are not aware of how the list functions. Next to each update, as I'm sure you've noticed, there is a logo. Every image on the internet has an image location -- a URL that leads to a page that is entirely blank EXCEPT for that image. Below is the URL for the image location of the Smash logo.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/image...world_b_01.gif

Notice how the end says "world_b_01". The "01" part represents its number. In this way, every franchise is numbered. Smash is Franchise One. The highest "numbered" franchise unveiled to us is Franchise 22:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/image...world_b_22.gif

Pikmin.

Franchises 1-14 are the returning series, and 15-22 are newcoming series. You can go all the way up from 01 to 22, and only run into two errors. Icon number 13 is gone, and Icon number 19 is gone. That means one more Veteran series to be announced, and at LEAST one more newcoming series to be announced (since 19 needs to be filled and it's possible for more icons to be added beyond 22).

Looking at number 13, we must think about which Veteran series has yet to be confirmed. There's only one -- Game and Watch. Therefore, he is confirmed to be in Brawl.

Then, we think about 19. Hmm, at least one more newcoming series, right? Golden Sun? Megaman? Who knows... WHO CARES. This is where the vital flaw in this leak lies.

According to the leak, the characters left to be confirmed are Luigi, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Falco, Mr. Game and Watch, Marth, Ness, Lucario, Toon Link, and Wolf. Did you figure it out yet? I'll say it for you.

THERE'S NO NEWCOMING SERIES TO REPRESENT ICON NUMBER 19.

So, either there's another character they are for some reason not revealing that was planned since before even Sonic and Olimar (R.O.B.?... I doubt it, very, very much), or they are simply doing what leakers often do -- leak correctly for one game, and then abuse their reputation to wreak havoc because they know they will never be lucky enough to get inside info for another game again.

Oh, and speaking of that "unknown character" nonsense that some of these prophets are spewing, BS. Absolute BS. What possible reason could you have for leaking the entire roster and then NOT telling us the last character? Don't want to ruin the surprise? Yeah, okay. You're not sure on it? Okay, you know the whole roster but you're not sure about ONE character?

FALSE. ABSOLUTELY FALSE.

Chepe

Smash Lord
No, that person basically refuses to believe that World Icon 19 wont have a character for it, yet is fine with Pictochat and Smashville not having any representatives. He speaks out of his *** basically.

Hey Chrono, something I keep asking you that I dont think you have answered yet: Are you absolutely sure that ShadowXOR isnt lying and that he has access to inside info? Because no other leaker has mentioned R.O.B., and you believed him out of nowhere. Is it just because you know him? I just want to see why you believe him so willingly...

Boofer

Smash Ace
Honestly, though I have no proof, I do indeed think that icon 19 will have a character for the mere fact that it has yet to be revealed this close to release. I doubt he'd do so for a stage.

Also, I must admit that I completely forgot that R.O.B. was a subspace enemy. That may not completely dismiss him as a possible character, but it seems unlikely that he would have his own icon. I don't believe he'll be the last character if the 35 characters thing is true.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
i don't beleive any of these prophets. Especially any that says R.O.B. will be playable. Why would sakauri reveal a character and not tell anyone its actually a character for almost 4 months. It doesn't make sense. And i just straight up wont believe/listen to anyone on who is in or out untill i unlock them and see for myself.

D

Deleted member

Hey Chrono, something I keep asking you that I dont think you have answered yet: Are you absolutely sure that ShadowXOR isnt lying and that he has access to inside info? Because no other leaker has mentioned R.O.B., and you believed him out of nowhere. Is it just because you know him? I just want to see why you believe him so willingly...
I am 100% for sure not lying and my contact definitely works on Smash. Are they lying to me? I don't believe so, I know they worked on the game, they revealed things to me before the Dojo, and have no reason to lie. I've been here a long time and did not know Chrono before I revealed the info. I've been on these boards a long time and use this name all over the internet. To the best my knowledge, the information is true.

And your right, no other prophet has mentioned R.O.B., but I don't base my info on what other people are or are not saying. When they first told me about R.O.B. I was skeptical, but he was playable in Mario Kart, and I never would have believed Game & Watch, so I'm keeping an open mind this time around.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Lucario, Ness, and Jigglypuff are confirmed.

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/4896/proof1al1.png
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1755/proof2lz2.png

You can see their faces at the bottom next to the icon description.
Yup, I was just coming here to post this (for those not aware, those images come from a video just released in Japan, found here, 4:20).

This is big. Ness was the common link amongst our leakers used in creating that 35 character list - Nya, ChaosZero, and ShadowXOR all claimed he was returning - and Lucario was one of ChaosZero's claims, and hes a link between them and our other 35-character leakers via Falco and Wolf. Its all coming together, and by the evidence, I think ChronoBound will be able to say he was the first one to put together the complete final roster with perfect accuracy. The only thing that could me more certain of this is R.O.B.'s confirmation.

Zevox

Zevox

Smash Lord
And speak of the devil, we have even more new news: the leaker who backed up MarkMan's claim of 35 characters/41 stages earlier has posted the list of newcomers at NeoGaf. PkunkFury announced this [post=3763303]here[/post], with link to Reno's post in his. Guess who's on it? Yup, thats right; R.O.B. And MarkMan affirms this here.

ChronoBound, congratulations, it seems you were indeed the first person on the net without inside info to compile the full roster. And oddly, even though many characters I wanted didn't make it and many I didn't want did, I'm actually happy - we finally know it, and all the fruitless arguing and speculation can come to an end.

Zevox

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is our roster

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus/ZSS
Zelda/Sheik
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Ness
Jigglypuff
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
WW Link
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
R.O.B.
Olimar
Lucario
Wolf
Falco
Luigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth

Zevox

Smash Lord
Yes... at last...

So, who else is going to try out R.O.B.? If his moves are interesting enough, I may just main him. Theres a lot that can be done with a robot and some creative license, so he could well be one spectacular character. Of course, he has some stiff competition for my main with Sonic, Pit, and Marth, but I'm definitely going to look into him.

Oh, and I can't wait to play a few matches of R.O.B. vs Mr. Game & Watch. Now theres a battle of the classics. Hm, I wonder if perhaps thats one of our event matches?

Ah, so much to look forward to...

Zevox

Boofer

Smash Ace
...I'll probably use R.O.B. about as much as I used Game&Watch; Hardly at all. G&W was pretty much the only character that I genuinely did not like playing as.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
And speak of the devil, we have even more new news: the leaker who backed up MarkMan's claim of 35 characters/41 stages earlier has posted the list of newcomers at NeoGaf. PkunkFury announced this [post=3763303]here[/post], with link to Reno's post in his. Guess who's on it? Yup, thats right; R.O.B. And MarkMan affirms this here.

ChronoBound, congratulations, it seems you were indeed the first person on the net without inside info to compile the full roster. And oddly, even though many characters I wanted didn't make it and many I didn't want did, I'm actually happy - we finally know it, and all the fruitless arguing and speculation can come to an end.

Zevox
Hahahahhahahahah, I was the one leaking the entire roster weeks ahead of time. How deliciously ironic. I have spent months surfing Japanese forums for leaks, when all this time I had the roster floating at the back of my mind.

While I am disappointed with the roster, I am happy to know that Ness is returning (I am a big EarthBound fan). Other than that I think I will grow to love this roster over time.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Ah, ok so I will believe ShadowXOR now, but you better not be playing around with us!

So thats likely our roster huh? Oh dear, now to wait for the impending explosion and backlash from the community at large...

I am sad to not see Ridley, Krystal, Geno, or a final 3rd party guest, but I am happy with Dedede, Lucario, Olimar, and Ness (original 12 makes me feel warm inside)...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ah, ok so I will believe ShadowXOR now, but you better not be playing around with us!

So thats likely our roster huh? Oh dear, now to wait for the impending explosion and backlash from the community at large...

I am sad to not see Ridley, Krystal, Geno, or a final 3rd party guest, but I am happy with Dedede, Lucario, Olimar, and Ness (original 12 makes me feel warm inside)...
Yup, this is our roster most likely:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
21. Jigglypuff
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Wario
28. Pikmin & Olimar
29. Captain Falcon
30. Ice Climbers
31. Pit
32. Mr. Game & Watch
33. R.O.B.
34. Snake
35. Sonic

All of the newcomers on this list have been confirmed by Remo and MarkMan, both of whom are famous leakers.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I must say, I'm rather disappointed at the inclusion of another Link. If he has his own moveset, I'll be even more annoyed because of the wasted development time on a rehash of an already existing character when we could've had an entirel unique one. :ohwell:

If he's a clone, it won't hurt as much.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
This is our roster

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus/ZSS
Zelda/Sheik
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Ness
Jigglypuff
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
WW Link
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
R.O.B.
Olimar
Lucario
Wolf
Falco
Luigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth

Well It's good enough, I expected more but that'll do for me. Disappointed that Geno is not in, but I'll live. :)

Chepe

Smash Lord
Thats a good man right there. Too bad the Smash community will be primarily made up of crybabies when this roster is revealed. I am reasonably pleased with it too, it makes for 39 movesets total.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
As I said in the Geno thread, I think the roster is pretty decent. Truth be told, I am fairly disappointed he might leave out Krystal, Ridley and Geno, but we'll find out the truth soon enough in 2 weeks.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
As I said in the Geno thread, I think the roster is pretty decent. Truth be told, I am fairly disappointed he might leave out Krystal, Ridley and Geno, but we'll find out the truth soon enough in 2 weeks.
More like one week thanks to Hong Kong.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
21. Jigglypuff
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Wario
28. Pikmin & Olimar
29. Captain Falcon
30. Ice Climbers
31. Pit
32. Mr. Game & Watch
33. R.O.B.
34. Snake
35. Sonic

All of the newcomers on this list have been confirmed by Remo and MarkMan, both of whom are famous leakers.
Jesus, that roster is horrible

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually beginning to think Wolf was put in over Krystal for Subspace reasons. Think about it. Wolf is the Star Fox villain alongside Bowser, Wario, and Ganondorf (And possibly Dedede).

Chepe

Smash Lord
I'm actually beginning to think Wolf was put in over Krystal for Subspace reasons. Think about it. Wolf is the Star Fox villain alongside Bowser, Wario, and Ganondorf (And possibly Dedede).
My sentiments exactly. Perhaps had we known about the SSE earlier, we would have taken the "villain" card more seriously? I thought for sure a unique moveset possibility would have trumped that....

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I also think the SSE is the reason why there are only 35 characters, and why Ridley and Mewtwo are not playable (probably made into bosses).

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... sucks too, because Subspace is looking awesome, but at the cost of our multiplayer mode... :(

Luigi player

Smash Master
The SSE will be awesome for the first time you watch the videos from japanese people, and when you play through it, after that, I guess It'll still be a little exciting, but not much more else...

I really hate it that Mewtwo's out... Mewtwo was the coolest character in Melee...

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
21. Jigglypuff
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Wario
28. Pikmin & Olimar
29. Captain Falcon
30. Ice Climbers
31. Pit
32. Mr. Game & Watch
33. R.O.B.
34. Snake
35. Sonic

You know what doesn't add up about this roster?

More than 75% of the characters are starters.

Most likely another fake, regardless of how trusted these 'leakers' are.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
21. Jigglypuff
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Wario
28. Pikmin & Olimar
29. Captain Falcon
30. Ice Climbers
31. Pit
32. Mr. Game & Watch
33. R.O.B.
34. Snake
35. Sonic

that roster is just.....crap really.
i mean i dont like it because
1.No Ridley
2.No Dark Samus
3.No Mewtwo

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
You know, I think I could grow to like that roster. I got Wolf over Krystal, and I hate Krystal, so this is excellent. No Tingle is even better. I'm disappointed with most of the newcomers I wanted not getting in, but I've still got so many that I wanted. I have Sonic, Diddy, Dedede, Olimar, Meta Knight.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I guess I have to say this once again. How could there be a 35 f****** character roster after TWO F****** DELAYS. It doesn't make sense.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Well colour me disappointed. The game I've been awaiting so long looks like it's going to have a pretty poor roster.

I wouldn't be so annoyed if Nintendo hadn't made us have high expectations in the first place. I mean, with Melee they had said when it was announced that there would be "over 20 characters". Therefore, people expected a mid 20's roster. If Nintendo had said earlier that there would be "Over 30 characters", then I would never have raised my expectations to 40+.

My anticipation is pretty much zero now. There are no more newcomers to look forward to for me. I'll still probably get the game eventually, but I sure won't be going to any mid night launches and I really wish I never pre-ordered. It just wasn't worth it.

It's almost a relief in a way, though. Now I can finally stop obsessing over Brawl and move on with my life. You got to learn to deal with the huge disappointments. I'm probably not going to post anymore unless a miracle happens that points to an actual good roster, so goodbye Smashboards.

Daisuke Sanrei

Smash Rookie
ChronoBound, as much as I respect you, I'm going to have to throw a monkey wrench into your roster predictions. For as we all recently saw, on the leaked stickers pictures with Lucario, Jiggly, and Ness, you can see in Japanese the Kanji reading "senyoo" (pronounced senyoh, it's a long o sound). Anyway, this means "exclusive". Thus in Japanese it means "Exclusive Seal" (the japanese term for stickers is seals.) Anyway, remember that zoomed in picture of the Katrina from AC:WW sticker? Look at the Japanese version of the sticker. You can see the beggining of the VERY SAME kanji. Thus, that sticker is also exclusive. And since all the exclusive stickers we've seen only contain one series, and that series relates DIRECTLY to the series of the sticker, that means there must be an AC rep, probably the Crosser. Your list doesn't have AC on it, thus a problem with your roster and the "leakers" you listen to.

(Note, I could be wrong, but with everythimg we've seen so far, I'm pretty confident)

Thank you for your time.

hjihjihjihji

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-3014-8369
This roster is likely not true. In the place for the icons in the sticker power up update there is room for 5 icons. The maximum number of representatives for a series in the above list is 4. Why would there be enough space for 5 icons if there are only a max of four charcters.

The mario franchise will definately be getting another rep. I doubt the number will decrease from one game to another seeing as dr. Mario is almost certainly being dropped.

If R.O.B. was meant to be a WTF character why Sakurai reveal him to be in the subspace emissary.

Also a WTF charcter is an idea created by fans due to the inclusion of Mr. Game & Watch or Ice Climbers.

But Mr. G&W is not a WTF character. He is very important in terms of Nintendo history and therefore would be an obvious choice to Sakurai. Ice Climber swere also included to represent classic Nes Games.

R.O.B. does not have huge importance to Nintendo.

I also cant see Starfox getting 3 representatives while Zelda and Mario only get 4. In a roster of 35 this would mean starfox is extremely overpopulated with characters who would be hard to make movesets for.

Also sakurai stated he wanted more female chracters in the game. There are no new female charcters in this roster. IMO sakurai wll include at least one female newcomer (I'm betting Krystal). Zero Suit Samus is an extension of the same charcter so she does not count.

I personally think there will be more than 35 charcters.

Edit: If the above statement is true then animal crosser is a shoe-in so that further disproves this roster.

Top Bottom