• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
A 35 character roster wouldn't suck, it's just what they've done with it. "Toon Link" for christs sake. :ohwell:

Also:

so is gannondorf, his moveset is slightly different and they are thinking about making his final smash ganon, similar to giga bowser transformation
I find it hard to believe they're still thinking of Final Smashes this late in the game. When were you told this?

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
A 35 character roster wouldn't suck, it's just what they've done with it. "Toon Link" for christs sake. :ohwell:

Also:

I find it hard to believe they're still thinking of Final Smashes this late in the game. When were you told this?
a few months back, like, a week or two after brawl was delayed

i didnt say anything cos i figured id just be labelled as a "prophet" or whatever

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
Well the best choice for Ganondorf's FS is for him to transfrom into Ganon.
yeah i dont think there really could be anything else.

Hey Chrono, do you rekn you could do like a list of the suspected characters final smashes?

in a similar way to what you did for the characters?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
yeah i dont think there really could be anything else.

Hey Chrono, do you rekn you could do like a list of the suspected characters final smashes?

in a similar way to what you did for the characters?
If there was another month until the roster unveil I might have considered doing this, however, since the roster is less than 10 days away from being revealed, I definitely won't.

Also, there is a new person named MarkMan on NeoGAF who has a history of credibility and leaking things about games before there release. He has said that there are only 35 playable characters (not counting transformations) and that there are 41 stages.

I hate to say it, but the roster I posted earlier may indeed be the one we are getting. :(

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
If there was another month until the roster unveil I might have considered doing this, however, since the roster is less than 10 days away from being revealed, I definitely won't.

Also, there is a new person named MarkMan on NeoGAF who has a history of credibility and leaking things about games before there release. He has said that there are only 35 playable characters (not counting transformations) and that there are 41 stages.

I hate to say it, but the roster I posted earlier may indeed be the one we are getting. :(
dangit

on both things

Zevox

Smash Lord
You know, strangely, I don't feel all that bad about it. Maybe its because I resigned myself to Nya likely being right a week ago when Olimar and his Pikmin Chain showed up, but I find myself less disappointed in the roster than I am curious to see Marth's new model and changes to his moves and what was done with R.O.B. (being a robot they could do quite a lot with him with some creative license).

Zevox

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Just like how Ice Climbers...

A. are not mascots for nintendo
B. starred in one game
C. did not even have a cameo
Just like the fact they are retro characters.

Just like how Pit...

A. Is not a mascot for nintendo
B. starred in two games, one that didnt even release in japan
C. did not have a cameo anywhere
Just like he's retro

Just like how Lucas...

B. starred in one game that hasn't even been released in america and WILL NEVER according to Nintendo
Just like he's popular in Japan

Just like how Ness...

B. starred in one game that sold extremely poorly in America, resulting in Mother 3 not being shipped stateside
Just like how his game was released in Japan as well.

The list goes on, but I don't feel like going through everything just to say you have an extremely weak argument against Geno.
I don't really feel like going through everything just to say you have an extremely weak argument FOR Geno.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If that roster I provided is indeed true, then I wonder how big the backlash is going to be to it?

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
I'd be angry. R.O.B over Ridley, Geno, Claus, Takamaru? No Megaman? No Ray or Isaac? Less reps for Mario than in the last game? Samus is still alone? I'd be angry. The only solace is no Tingle or Krystal.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Exactly, and NyaseNya has yet to be proven false. Much of what he/she said as a mattrer of fact come true.

Here is the roster if NyaseNya, ChaosZero, Serebii, and ShadowXOR are to believed:

1. Mario
2. Luigi (nobody mentioned him, but I doubt he would be cut)
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
21. Jigglypuff (implied by Serebii)
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Pit
28. Ice Climbers
29. Mr. Game & Watch
30. R.O.B.
31. Wario
32. Pikmin & Olimar
33. Captain Falcon
34. Snake
35. Sonic
4 Mario reps instead of 5 or 6? What about Geno, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario.

Wolf over Krystal? No, Krystal is much more popular than Wolf.

2 Fe reps? There are 10 FE games, more than Star Fox and Star Fox gets more reps?

Zelda series is fine.

No Ridley!?

Ness is gone face it. Claus is a much better Mother rep.

How does R.O.B. have chance of getting in?

King K. Rool has been in more DK games than DK himself.

Theres more holes in this roster than swiss cheese.

1. Geno can't get in for the reasons why Ice Climbers, Lucas, Ness, and Pit got in for.

2. The delays were not about adding characters.

And just for discussion's sake...

3. Remember, it's a total of four Mario reps, two DK reps, one Yoshi rep, and one Wario rep. People may want to separate the four franchises, but the fact remains that they're all cut from the same cloth.

4. Star Fox IS more popular on a worldwide scale.

5. If we got only 35 characters, I don't expect a second Mother rep.

6. Er? DK's got Donkey Kong, Jr., 3, Donkey Kong GB, all three DKCs (he was still in them and had major roles), DK64, DK King of Swing, Jungle Beat, Kongas 1-3, Jungle Climber, etc. That's much more than K. Rool.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Another person with a history of leaking information about games prior to release has also gone on to say that 35 characters is the number of Brawl's roster. Also, he has said there will be 41 stages in Brawl.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone remember that one guy from gamefaqs...his name was something likePeurlos_Grande. He was one of the earlier alleged leakers. To the best of my memory, I remember he claimed the following:

There would be 2 characters announced next week (1 veteran and 1 newcomer)
There would be 34 characters, not counting transformations (20 starters and 14 hidden)
1 of the original 12 was not returning
and some other stuff.

People scoffed at him of course. That is, until next week when Pokemon Trainer and Peach were announced, which fulfilled his first claim.

Then, the board began to fear this guy was right, and the roster truly would be this pitiful size. It created huge contraversy, and was what really made the slangword "prophet" so popular.

The guy later came back to create a new topic where he said that Ness was gone and that Lucas would be the next newcomer. We watched and waited tensely to see if this guy was just jerking us around or not. Fortunately, it was only a 2 week wait for the next newcomer. Once Diddy Kong appeared on the Dojo, everyone celebrated the fact that the guy was wrong and all was well once again.

Funny thing though, Lucas was the next newcomer after Diddy (not counting Snake and Meta Knight since we already knew about them). I found this a little unsettling. Maybe Nintendo for whatever reasons decided to show Lucas later than planned, or Diddy earlier.
And now, we've got several claims of a 35 person roster, including Ness.

My point is, maybe we got roster info a lot sooner than we realized. I think it's entirely possible that the guy was telling the truth, but some changes occured as they usually do in development (they decided to keep Ness, changed the starting character line-up ect.).

Anyway, all I can hope is that the leakers got incomplete information. Since it seems they got the roster number from playtests, it's possible that they didn't learn all the characters. Hopefully this week a character will be announced who is not on ChronoBound's list of characters according to the leakers that will blow apart the roster of 35.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Ugh.

Remove Wolf and Ness (I like Ness better than Lucas, but since he's just gonna be a clone or near-clone...) and replace them with Ridley and someone more interesting (Krystal, K Rool or something) and I could live with it.

Ridley's the only one I must have, but I'd like K Rool or Krystal added as well. Wolf just doesn't appeal to me, he's almost exactly like Fox. The only reason to add him over someone more interesting (Krystal, K Rool, Ridley) would be because he's a clone, or almost one. Are you sure that they said Wolf would be playable? He seems more like AT material to me.

I'd really like Mega Man, but it's not lookin good for the Blue Bomber.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I really can't see ROB as a playable char after him already being shows as a minor SSE enemy. Maybe if he was a boss he could be a playable char also, but such a insignificant role and being playable I doubt it. Ill believe that when I is see it/

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, it seems you have no faith on Sakurai. I mean, there would a 40-50 character roster. Why? Because he wants the best for their fans. You know it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
MarkMan just looked at my list, he said that Fox, Falco, and Wolf are all indeed playable. This basically deconfirms Krystal. Oh boy,,, nobody tell the **** Staff. However, he also said that he would not confirm or deny my list. However, it is safe to say now that everything that ChaosZero said is true.

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
MarkMan just looked at my list, he said that Fox, Falco, and Wolf are all indeed playable. This basically deconfirms Krystal. Oh boy,,, nobody tell the **** Staff. However, he also said that he would not confirm or deny my list. However, it is safe to say now that everything that ChaosZero said is true.
You do realize Krystal is actually in, don't you? Because, you know, the actress that makes her voice for Brawl actually confirmed it, or so I heard.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Why is ChaosZero so trust worthy again?

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Who's Markman?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
MarkMan also seems to have hinted at Krystal being playable. Looks like there are four playable Star Fox characters in a roster of 35. He also said that Ridley is not playable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
MarkMan also seems to have hinted at Krystal being playable. Looks like there are four playable Star Fox characters in a roster of 35. He also said that Ridley is not playable.
What...?

How does Star Fox deserve to have 4 playable characters when Metroid simply has 1?

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
What...?

How does Star Fox deserve to have 4 playable characters when Metroid simply has 1?
He didn't say that Samus was the only one, Just that Ridley wasn't playable...Or Am I wrong.:ohwell:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What...?

He just retracted his statement, and said that he is neither confirming or denying Krystal. It is safe to assume that Krystal is not in. I doubt Sakurai would place in four Star Fox characters in a roster of only 35.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I don't think saying that he never said anything about Krystal counts as hinting that shes in Chrono. Hes simply trying to avoid giving out too much for some reason (he made a comment at one point that someone from Nintendo can apparently learn who he is pretty quickly, as if he knew so from experience...). Given the roster size and his confirmation of Fox/Falco/Wolf, I'd say its a safe bet Krystal didn't make it. I don't like that (at all), but the numbers don't lie.

Zevox

Zevox

Smash Lord

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
Zevox said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=591

Seems like a pretty big indication that Samus and ZSS is all Metroid is getting to me.

Zevox
Huh? That's pretty Crappy...I'm not liking it.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
May I remind you that is just a fu***** rumor?Ok,enough of that.
Im sick of this rumors.That rumor is BS.From now on,I think all the rumors are BS.
PS:Sakurai is not stupid...

D

Deleted member

I hope Krystal isn't playable...I never liked her. I would prefer Falcon or Wolf.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
PHantomofRuins, someone who is apparently as credible as Marksman, and is renowned in the Castlevania community for her leakings of PhantomOfRuins has said that Isaac, Tamakaru, and Krystal are not playable. WW link is apparently playable.

I'm taking all " leaks" with a grain of salt though.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
Chrono- Who did you cut from your roster? I see Dr., M2, Roy, and Pichu, but is there anyone else?

Something about a 35 character roster just doesn't sit right, but I can't figure out what the problem with it is.

Zevox

Smash Lord
May I remind you that is just a fu***** rumor?Ok,enough of that.
Im sick of this rumors.That rumor is BS.From now on,I think all the rumors are BS.
PS:Sakurai is not stupid...
A "rumor" from a poster considered trustworthy on NeoGaf who has leaked info about other games well in advance before, affirmed by another poster also considered trustworthy on the same forums, which fits with the "rumor" from our own most credible leaker, NyaseNya, whose claims have been steadily coming true ever since she told us about Sonic three days in advance. Seems a little too strong of a case to simply dismiss if you ask me - this isn't some random unknown popping up out of nowhere and posting his dream roster while claiming its the real final roster.

Zevox

Machete

Smash Ace
Sakurai can't dissappoint so many fans... only 35 characters... Mewtwo, Krystal and Ridley out...

I seriously hope this is false. ****ing prophets...

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
Machete said:
Sakurai can't dissappoint so many fans... only 35 characters... Mewtwo, Krystal and Ridley out...
That would actually ruin 50% of the game to me.:urg:

Top Bottom