• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
theres a "gc" above the article on ness. So mabye it was an article about melee from a long time ago. After all no one would really remember it so they could pass it off as new. But i personally think its an old article.
No, it's from the Famitus booklet on Brawl

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
And Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, Rayzuaza, and Arceus are the strongest stat-wise (tied). However, Mewtwo can learn the most attacks out of all of them. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Groudon, Kyrogue, and maybe a few more legendary Pokémon are tied for second strongest.
Arceus outstats them all...

he has base 120 in everything whereas the others average considerably lower in base stats.

Hmmm, looks like Ness might really be deconfirmed then, along with NyaseNya, ChaosZero, and ShadowXOR (I trusted him). Ness is the true "prophet" slayer.
And where the heck is it confirmed that background appearances equal reconfirmation for pc?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Arceus outstats them all...

he has base 120 in everything whereas the others average considerably lower in base stats.
That's only by 40 points total
http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/stat/all.shtml
Mewtwo still has better SP Att., Lugia has better SP Def., Deoxys has better speed, etc.

And where the heck is it confirmed that background appearances equal reconfirmation for pc?
Reconfirmation? I thought this deconfirmed him...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That's only by 40 points total
http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/stat/all.shtml
Mewtwo still has better SP Att., Lugia has better SP Def., Deoxys has better speed, etc.
Yeah, but his overal stats are far better, other species outdo him in a specific category but he's the best all-around.

Reconfirmation? I thought this deconfirmed him...
Typo, sorry.

I meant, "And where the heck is it confirmed that background appearances equal deconfirmation for pc?"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Famitsu confirmed that Mario's Final Smash came from Mario RPG (As Ultra Flame or something in the game)

Mario RPG content in Brawl = ...

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Wait, Mario's FS stemming from Geno's outing in a Nintendo game is suggestive of Geno's appearance as a PC?

ಠ_ಠ

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I'm proud to say that I predicted an Animal Crosser before the stage, based on the sheer popularity of Wild World.
Good prediction. I have a similar prediction of which I'm fairly proud; back in about 2002ish I decided that Pit, Wario, Olimar, an AC character, and a Custom Robo character (my familiarity with the last two franchises is less than impressive) would all appear in the next Smash game. Granted, I see the first four as fairly no-brainers, but Tom Nook and Ray 01 FTW!

The point is, you don't seem to realize exactly how different.

Any two spears are quite similar, any two axes are less so but still.

Swords... some swords are similar but you end up with the degree of similarity between a whip and a quarter-staff in practical terms with swords, they're just WAY too dissimilar on average.

No reason to limit character selection based on adherence to such a wide category.
I agree that swords are very diverse weapons, but their use in console games do not always reflect that. Also, since Smash is not a weapon's based series, its goal is not to equally represent all facets of any particular weapon, and while a japanese katana and a scottish claymore are completely different weapons, they are also argueably on opposite ends of a spectrum.
I don't think anyone would argue with a katana or scimitar using character, I also don't think those are what most people on either side of the 'sword-user debates' are thinking of.
I guess my take on it is when you have a guy who can generate fire from his hands and a creampuff whose primary weapon is his mouth, no matter how differently a character uses his/her sword, he/she is always going to bring less to the table in terms of variety. That's not a dig against sword users and whether or not there should be more/less of them, that's just pragmatism.
Also, not to be nitpicky, but whip and quarterstaff is a bit of an exageration (unless you're reffering to Ivy's sword from SC), because even the most diverse of blades have similarities, wherease a whip and a quarterstaff may be two of the least similar weapons I can think of, except maybe the mace and poison. :p

Regarding this 48-character article, what's the source, again? Where did we get the translation? I certainly like the sound of that number, but how reliable is it? Also, does that include Sheik, Zamus, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard? Soooo many questions.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I concurr, why else would they a screen shot from a game that hasn't been seen in a magazine for years.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Hey ChronoBound:You said in your Wolf analysis than he was very close to the first place in a japanese poll.Do you still have the source?
Thanks.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Nya is wrong! Ness appears as a background character in Onett.

Its at brawl central.
Honestly, I'll be shocked if this turns out to be true. Onett was a playable stage at Whobby both last weekend and this weekend - if Ness were a background character there, I expect he'd have been seen by now, and we wouldn't be learning about this through some random Japanese magazine article.

Zevox

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'll be shocked if this turns out to be true. Onett was a playable stage at Whobby both last weekend and this weekend - if Ness were a background character there, I expect he'd have been seen by now, and we wouldn't be learning about this through some random Japanese magazine article.

Zevox
They edited the Ness article thing. If you also go to Brawl Central, you`ll see a surprise about Marth & Roy.

Zevox

Smash Lord
They edited the Ness article thing. If you also go to Brawl Central, you`ll see a surprise about Marth & Roy.
Yes, I've seen it. An article talking about their Melee appearance which everyone is assuming means they're out, partially due to poor translation initially. I'm not worried - if they were really printing articles about cut characters, we'd be hearing about Pichu, Doc, etc too, and I've seen multiple translators giving different versions of the articles, some of which make it sound like they're hinting that they're in, not out.

Anyway, sounds like a real leak was just posted then immediately deleted by mods over at Neogaf, and it gels with what Nya was saying. 35 characters, 41 stages. I'm beggining to suspect the roster Chrono put together by fusing her leak with ChaosZero's and ShadowXOR's might very well be our real, final roster. Slightly disappointing (in my case, mostly that Mega Man didn't make it and Wolf was added over Krystal), but then again the hype for Brawl was so high we could hardly help but have some expectations be too great I suppose.

Zevox

626key

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or is the biggest leak we've had was having krysal's voice actor confermed in brawl?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No way they will be cutting Marth. The Marth/Roy moveset was arguably the most popular moveset in Melee, also it would be a blunder to cut Marth now especially with FEDS coming up.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Apparently that leak I mentioned from NeoGaf wasn't entirely erased - the one who posted it is being permitted to continue posting, hes just being very closely watched and thus is giving only Serebii-esque statements, deconfirming things without saying why they're wrong. He says what I mentioned here, and just chats from there.

So yeah, I'm really starting to believe we have our final roster - the one Chrono cobbled together a week or so ago from Nya, ChaosZero, and ShadowXOR. The Dojo plus Captain Falcon, Luigi, Ganondorf, Game & Watch, Jigglypuff, Marth, Ness, Falco, Toon Link, Lucario, Wolf, and R.O.B.

Zevox

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't think Marth will be cut. He has too much going for him, popularity, moveset, first lord in FE. Roy and Ness on the other hand don't have a good chance, they might be in, but it's a long shot.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
ChronoBound;3757865 Looks like 35 characters is indeed our roster number....[/QUOTE said:
how do we know that 35 is the roster number?

i thought that the 35 was just bunched together from what NyaseNya said

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
how do we know that 35 is the roster number?

i thought that the 35 was just bunched together from what NyaseNya said
Exactly, and NyaseNya has yet to be proven false. Much of what he/she said as a mattrer of fact come true.

Here is the roster if NyaseNya, ChaosZero, Serebii, and ShadowXOR are to believed:

1. Mario
2. Luigi (nobody mentioned him, but I doubt he would be cut)
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
21. Jigglypuff (implied by Serebii)
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Pit
28. Ice Climbers
29. Mr. Game & Watch
30. R.O.B.
31. Wario
32. Pikmin & Olimar
33. Captain Falcon
34. Snake
35. Sonic

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
True, but since Ness could be desconfirmed according to the articles, NyaseNya could be a fake as well. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
True, since Ness could be desconfirmed according to the articles, NyaseNya could be a fake as well. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out.
BrawlCentral messed up badly with their translation. All that Ness piece said that Ness was in the previous two Smash games, and that Mr. Saturn is returning as an item.

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
Exactly, and NyaseNya has yet to be proven false. Much of what he/she said as a mattrer of fact come true.

Here is the roster if NyaseNya, ChaosZero, Serebii, and ShadowXOR are to believed:

1. Mario
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
19. Wolf
20. Pikachu
21. Pokemon Trainer
22. Jigglypuff (implied by Serebii)
23. Lucario
24. Ike
25. Marth
26. Lucas
27. Ness
28. Wario
29. Pikmin & Olimar
30. Captain Falcon
31. Pit
32. Ice Climbers
33. Mr. Game & Watch
34. Snake
35. Sonic

this roster looks very believable to me, all the characters i would have wanted are in.

but 35 just sounds so small...

D

Deleted member

I spoke with my source today and after they jacked me around for a while they said I can't ask anymore questions but Ness is definitely in with a "different" move set from Lucas. They wouldn't clarify if it was MUCH different or just slightly different.

If Ness is not in I will be pretty mad at them but they seem 100% confident.

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
I spoke with my source today and after they jacked me around for a while they said I can't ask anymore questions but Ness is definitely in with a "different" move set from Lucas. They wouldn't clarify if it was MUCH different or just slightly different.

If Ness is not in I will be pretty mad at them but they seem 100% confident.

my source says your source is wrong

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
Ive been told that ness will appear as a, and i quote

"sort of costume change"

for lucas,

im guessing at most this will be black hair with ness colouring

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
What else have your sources said?
pretty much nothing we dont already know now

he told me of sheik being in brawl and the movesets being the same and the she shares a final smash with zelda

luigi is definately in

so is gannondorf, his moveset is slightly different and they are thinking about making his final smash ganon, similar to giga bowser transformation

and cpt. falcon is in with basically the same moveset as melee

and thats it but i dont really believe him cos he wont supply me with screenshots or anything of the like

he sounds believeable though

D

Deleted member

Ive been told that ness will appear as a, and i quote

"sort of costume change"

for lucas,

im guessing at most this will be black hair with ness colouring
I thought that made sense too but they insist this is not the case.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sorry, but I believe ShadowXOR over Super-dude. Much of what Super-dude can be construed as logical predictions (Captain Falcon, Sheik, Luigi, and Ganondorf returning).

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
Sorry, but I believe ShadowXOR over Super-dude. Much of what Super-dude can be construed as logical predictions (Captain Falcon, Sheik, Luigi, and Ganondorf returning).
dont worry, i believe him more than my source aswell, i agree with what you said that they are pretty much saying "the super scope will return"

Boofer

Smash Ace

1. Mario
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
19. Wolf
20. Pikachu
21. Pokemon Trainer
22. Jigglypuff (implied by Serebii)
23. Lucario
24. Ike
25. Marth
26. Lucas
27. Ness
28. Wario
29. Pikmin & Olimar
30. Captain Falcon
31. Pit
32. Ice Climbers
33. Mr. Game & Watch
34. Snake
35. Sonic
What about R.O.B. that ShadowXOR mentioned before?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What about R.O.B. that ShadowXOR mentioned before?
I fixed it. Apparently, I numbered wrong. I am personally hoping that if this roster is right, Sakurai added some more characters as a result of the delay. NyaseNya mentioned 35 characters in mid-November. Two months is more than enough time to add more characters, especially clones.

Top Bottom