• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Stage is Set....or is it?

Mike87

Smash Ace
This update kicks ***.

Nintendo needs to get on the ball with some HDD support. Smash videos and stages on top of Wii Ware? I'll not be buying a bunch of SD cards.
I think thats comming eventually.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
I have a good idea for a stage.
You could make a stage to show off wario's mad skillz on his hog.

with ramps and everything, or maybe we can have sonic and Captain falcon race to the finish?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Hmm... what about this for a weird stage? A roof full of spikes or any other damaging surface far enough up to jump and not touch it... and on the ground they'd have breakable surfaces that respawn after a while. So, basically, you could combo your foe off the ceiling, break the floor, and send them flying... or dropping.

Shadow_Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Stage Builder

Simply awsome, as if this game wasn't cool enough already.

There are so many posabilities now. A stage to show off a specific characters skills or a stage that did not make the cut.
This is the edit screen:

Compared to the real thing:

The musical possabilities and structural posabilties are endless.
My stage would be nothing but traps.

Tomek

Smash Rookie
Stickers

It would be cool if you could use those stickers you can collect and stick em on your own map like little big planet:)

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Also, apparently, you'll be able to edit other people's stages... for example, if the stage has music that you don't have yet, wouldn't you NOT be able to play it, or some other bizarre thing?

Or, either, only that stage will play that song.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'm so pumped about this. Think of all the things Sakurai HASN'T revealed yet. We are in for one heck of a wild ride!!!!

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Here's a thought... along with the "Create an Event Match" idea that was posted earlier... what about possible create your own SSE/Target test stages as well?

Smash Ace
totally.
also, Kudos to Mic for the great topic names.

this game will truly be immortal.
Halo might not outdo it this time around...
=2007=

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I can't believe my eyes. Sakurai has given us all the power to create our own unique types of stages?! This is simply astounding! I'm going to tinker with this game so much!!

Hmmmm....I can only wonder if tourneys will allow you to use customized stages. *ponders*

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I can't believe my eyes. Sakurai has given us all the power to create our own unique types of stages?! This is simply astounding! I'm going to tinker with this game so much!!

Hmmmm....I can only wonder if tourneys will allow you to use customized stages. *ponders*
nope...I have a very strong feeling thats it going too be banned like no tommorw XDD

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
Some objects i noticed:
When you chose the background in the begining you can choose between 3 Creation Sets:
Sky, Ruins and Technic.

Each set has his own Structures (like the barrrier, which seens only for the Technic Set) and there own style of floors. The Spikes are not on the picture because you can scroll down the list on the right side.

But the list on the right side has 3 Layers! Look at the Design under the "[z] All" Button. There are more Elements for the Stage Builder.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Still got 4 months of updates. God knows what else he's hiding.

Games aren't allowed to be this good.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
nope...I have a very strong feeling thats it going too be banned like no tommorw XDD
Hopefully you're wrong about this because the only tourney worthy stages that I see as of right now are Battlefield, Yoshi's Stage, Shadow Moses Island, Isle Defino, Smashville, The Fire Emblem Stage, that TP stage (can't think of the name right now), and Pokemon Stadium.

Then again, the really good stages have yet to become confirmed, like Final Destination.

And I already know what soundtrack I'm going to use for my very first customized stage. If it's on the game, I'm going to use the Metal Battle Theme.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Hopefully you're wrong about this because the only tourney worthy stages that I see as of right now are Battlefield, Yoshi's Stage, Shadow Moses Island, Isle Defino, Smashville, The Fire Emblem Stage, that TP stage (can't think of the name right now), and Pokemon Stadium.

Then again, the really good stages have yet to become confirmed, like Final Destination.

And I already know what soundtrack I'm going to use for my very first customized stage. If it's on the game, I'm going to use the Metal Battle Theme.
Bridge of Eldin is the stage u forgot (^^)v...but also... if it was made by the ppl who do tournaments is fine then...but playing on a EDIT stage that someone made and yur fighting them, while they know where everything is and u dont...just sees...well u kno (^^)v

Njs523

Smash Cadet
i hope you can use your own pictures for the backrounds that would make this the ultimate game
If there were a way to get data like that onto the wii, I'd be more focused on wanting to put my own music onto the levels. Plus, I think people would abuse the pic feature and post gross pictures and stuff... (goatse eww)

Jason777123

Smash Cadet
MY DREAM CAME TRUE! I was thinking of a ssb game with lots of characters and you can create a level and stuff and of COURSE for like the 10th time Sakurai read my mind!

Oh and when he mentioned music thats collectable i was thinking of create a stage!
Also i think the wii is alot more powerfull than nintendo said

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
My 1st stage:

Name: Mini Destination

Comment: Fight to Survie!

Music: Menu 1

Stage description: Just a small block in the center that's it.

This stage is made to be abused! *evil laugh*

krammit

Smash Cadet
Think of the possibilities...

Imagine this if you can. A website dedicated to custom stages where people can share, browse, and rate them. (Assuming you can get the stages off your sd card which I don;t see why it wouldn't..) I can't even fathom how awesome that would be.

lucario_user

Smash Ace
lol. i say we make stages named after ourselves and submit them. then, if they win, we add a point to a thread here.Ex. you got the stage "Lucario_user". i then add a point. we make a contest of it.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Bridge of Eldin is the stage u forgot (^^)v...but also... if it was made by the ppl who do tournaments is fine then...but playing on a EDIT stage that someone made and yur fighting them, while they know where everything is and u dont...just sees...well u kno (^^)v
Gotcha! That makes perfect sense bro. Thanks. <_>

XDead Sexy

Smash Apprentice
This is an amazing update im so pumped for this besides the fact that we'll probably see a few good stages so theres only one tiny platform and you spawn and fall of or a big platform of spikes to spawn into or many genetalia shaped stages or boobs of some kind either way this is going to be awesome and ill play this game forever.

Top Bottom