• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Stage is Set....or is it?

red stone

Smash Ace
oh also, i only see 3 sizes and 3 backgrounds. really, i hope it's way more than that. i'm just being critical because i know that none of us want a half-*$$ed map maker that's fun for like an hour and then gone. we seriously want something for years and years.

one other thing to note is that the thing is placed on a grid so you get get funky with the configurations.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
leveleditor is briljant
sharing those leven with your friend is also awesome
and you give them to nintendo and if its good they wil send it to every smasher in the world
ZOMG

best update ever imo

@red stonde
3 sizes isnt bad, cause every smash level is that way
they could have done more with background tho

Fawriel

Smash Master
It might just be that I'll never have to touch another game again.
After all, the Jazz Jackrabbit 2 community is still alive... thanks to its amazing level editor.
This isn't quite the same, unless Sakurai gives you the option of creating actual Single Player campaigns... but if that happened.... my god, I would... die.

Now for something serious!
I don't feel like reading the whole thread, so excuse me if it has already been brought up, but:

This will enable tournaments to have their own official levels tweaked as perfectly as possible for the purpose of fairness.

Also, it could be possible to create a counterpick stage for every single character in the game...

Squee!

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
wow soo cool i just came back from god {and he said on Feb 10 08 everyone is going to die 10 minutes after playing the game because their all gonna fly to japan to congratulate Sakurai even though he has a high enabled security so that no one come within 10 feet of him[not rly little ones]they will be vaporized and Halo 3 lies on the ground stabbed in the balls by brawl and everyone tries and give Sakurai a hug so the world ends}well any way i came back because i died after seeing the update

I HAVE THE ULTIMATE STAGE !
Imagine a square stage. With a floor, a ceiling, and walls on the side. No way to die. That would be awesome.
Oh wait wait, I have more ! Spikes on all walls !! Awesome x2 ! It would look like this :

That looks great ! I'll call it "Bouncing ball stage".
I'm sure Nintendo will choose it for the "stage of a day". Everyday.
Don't bother searching for a tournament worthy stage now.
this pwns

red stone

Smash Ace
leveleditor is briljant
sharing those leven with your friend is also awesome
and you give them to nintendo and if its good they wil send it to every smasher in the world
ZOMG

best update ever imo

@red stonde
3 sizes isnt bad, cause every smash level is that way
they could have done more with background tho

there's something off about your sig.......probably because zelda looks nothing like that!

Talendime

Smash Ace
Man.. this game just keeps getting better and better. Now, it's like we don't even have to worry about our own personal stage ideas getting in- it's certain.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Man I been wanting a level editor ever since the first smash bros and its finally here :D Pretty pawnsome ay?

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
*changes pants*

Wow, I didn't actually think they would add this but this is far and away THE best update so far.

If you can choose hazards to put in I definitely want to make a small stage. With walls, and a ceiling, and a floor. And 5 Ultimate Chimeras. I'll call it the chimeras den.

Then my focus will shift to massive stages.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
there's something off about your sig.......probably because zelda looks nothing like that!
wel if you see the whole picture then you see she is naked
so if she doesnt realy look like zelda i dont realy care :p

and that spike level owns indeed

I

i8waffles612

I officially LOVE Sakurai now. rofl.

But seriously this update is amazing!!!!! Brawl is gonna have it all! I seriously think this game will be game of the year, and its coming out early in next year. lol

Revven

FrankerZ
Full of epic win. That is higher than epic win people.

I'm going to create the most ridiculous stages EVER. Also...

STAMINA-1 STOCK-NO ITEMS-BOXED STAGE (created by me) :p lulz.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Anyone else who noticed Dedede jumping in the first picture, much like Kirby's jump, is a winner.

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
God, I can't properly express how much I'm loving all the customizing options they're throwing in. (I think it would go something like: asfdfgghghklmdksdkjndcljljkklb!!!) And the online features!

This update rocks so hard. So many possibilities~! Of course, there will be some limitations, but... as Sakurai himself said, we'll be able to play this game forever. Seriously, this game wins all, period.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
I know I'm going to create an old school Donkey Kong stage with those ladders and such. Hopefully, I can make me some rolling barrels.

Ryu Phoenix

Smash Rookie
I hate to be the one who overlooks all the cool facts, but check out the music choices.

It says "MOTHER". Not Mother 3. Just Mother. And... Snowman. Could it be Mole Mania?

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
This is too good of an update. I cant wait to make my own stages.
And i wonder how these will fit into the tourney scene.

Top Bottom