• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Stage is Set....or is it?

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm putting my money on the last 3rd party character being master chief since SSBB has everything else that halo3 had, plus more.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
If anyone is seriously thinking that Sakurai is trying to imitate Halo 3.

I would like to say that both custom stages and replay have been around way longer than Halo 3

Knifey McStab

Smash Cadet
does brawl have everything yet? if not, someone please mention something so the team can get to work on it. in relation to other games, brawl definitely has all the cool main features

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Fantastic update. I don't think there's anything that can stop me from playing this game now.

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
If anyone is seriously thinking that Sakurai is trying to imitate Halo 3.

I would like to say that both custom stages and replay have been around way longer than Halo 3
Also, it takes awhile to make a game, these things where planned for Brawl before the features were announced for Halo 3, to the public.

It's not like competing Game Developers go around telling the other's all thier plans for thier games.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
THATS NOT THE ONLY UPDATE
REMEMBER BACK DURING THE SNAPSHOTS UPDATE
THAT PAGE HAS BEEN UPDATED

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various07.html

as you can see the pink button is now visable and its also submit
so we can send are pictures to nintendo and the funniest or coolest will maybe be posted on the site

DOUBLE UPDATE
I just mentioned it. lol.

Thanks, though. Can't wat to try this out!

And, yes, Halo shall meet it's maker...

ꓰspeon

Sun Pokemon
I really wonder what stages will a tourney make to recreate "fair stages". Imagine, just for a second, the johns that could come out from playing in a stage made not from Nintendo, but from the tournament organizer. It will just cause johns^2. Oh well let's just trust in the intelligence of smashers.

Anyway one of (if not THE) BEST UPDATE EVERRRRR!!!!!1111ELEVEN!!!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
And this, my friends, is why Sakurai had to push the date back....

To put more epic-win-kick-*** features in and fine tune them.

Anyways, this should be cool. I like how in games you can make your own stages nut alot of them (Tony Hawk) always seemed to be lacking. Hopefully, Brawl can make a REALLY good stage creator system.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Looks like Nintendo are going to need the new IBM Blade Center. x 999999 to keep the NWFC running for this.

Oh yeah, the snapshot thing has been updated. Looks like Nintendo choose a level and picture of the day. Nice.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
And this, my friends, is why Sakurai had to push the date back....

To put more epic-win-kick-*** features in and fine tune them.

Anyways, this should be cool. I like how in games you can make your own stages nut alot of them (Tony Hawk) always seemed to be lacking. Hopefully, Brawl can make a REALLY good stage creator system.
I bet that the team looked at the space they still had left in a Wii CD.... and smiled.

This is the sort of updates you get when your team had already eroded the control stick of gamecube controlers before they even knew you.

overthere

Smash Cadet
I knew it! I knew it! This is better than a drawable PictoChat stage.

Now.. what sorts of updates is Sakurai going to blow our minds with next?

"Warning! Challenger Approaching: Shigeru Miyamoto!"

After an update like this, heck, you really never know.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Wow this rules.

I can't wait to make a classic DK Stage and Hyrule Temple. I wonder if they will have character logos that you can put on your stage, like Triforce or Pokéballs maybe even DK crates that could roll when pushed.

If it's anything like the Skate Park Editor on Tony Hawk or the Gummy Ship Editor on Kingdom Hearts, I'll be there for a while trying to get it just right.

I really think this is one of the reasons the game was pushed back. This feature needed more time to prepare. They probably have to set up the service on the Nintendo servers. I just hope we get more features like this.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Wow this rules.

I can't wait to make a classic DK Stage and Hyrule Temple. I wonder if they will have character logos that you can put on your stage, like Triforce or Pokéballs maybe even DK crates that could roll when pushed.

If it's anything like the Skate Park Editor on Tony Hawk or the Gummy Ship Editor on Kingdom Hearts, I'll be there for a while trying to get it just right.

I really think this is one of the reasons the game was pushed back. This feature needed more time to prepare. They probably have to set up the service on the Nintendo servers. I just hope we get more features like this.
about the symbols..I think its just going to be the smash icon

DragoonFenix15

Smash Apprentice
Fantastic! I'll definitely be making tunnel stages, a Final Destination clone with spikes on the edges so it's like Pong, and a clone of Hyrule Temple 64.

What also has me excited? Bramble music from DKC confirmed! Snowman music from Mother confirmed! (And no, that's not Mole Mania, to the person who asked. Snowman is a recurring track from Mother 1 and 2, and there's also an arrangement of it on almost every soundtrack they put out. I seriously have like 6 or so unique versions of it, and now Brawl adds another one :p)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I HAVE THE ULTIMATE STAGE !
Imagine a square stage. With a floor, a ceiling, and walls on the side. No way to die. That would be awesome.
Oh wait wait, I have more ! Spikes on all walls !! Awesome x2 ! It would look like this :

That looks great ! I'll call it "Bouncing ball stage".
I'm sure Nintendo will choose it for the "stage of a day". Everyday.
Don't bother searching for a tournament worthy stage now.
Where there's smoke, there's fire. In this case, where there's spikes, there's disaster.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Pwnage.
this is such awesome news. Brawl is going to be so freaking awesome you guys I just can't contain my self. I'm going to explode.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
Fantastic! I'll definitely be making tunnel stages, a Final Destination clone with spikes on the edges so it's like Pong, and a clone of Hyrule Temple 64.

What also has me excited? Bramble music from DKC confirmed! Snowman music from Mother confirmed! (And no, that's not Mole Mania, to the person who asked. Snowman is a recurring track from Mother 1 and 2, and there's also an arrangement of it on almost every soundtrack they put out. I seriously have like 6 or so unique versions of it, and now Brawl adds another one :p)
thats a great idea, hyrule 64 was my favorite level
hopefully this will be the best week ever

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I didn't see this coming. I was never for the 'make your own stage' idea, but now I'm psyched for it. I just hope there will be different stage themes that represent different franchises. Some pipes from Super Mario World that act as they did in the first smash would be epic.

Also, it would be sweet if they let us use the different stage parts from confirmed stages, and even past stages. And what about water? Will we be able to put water on stages? Throw in the ability to add your own pictures and the possibilities become OVER 9000!!!

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
I think I'd make a tropical island.
Not for smashing, but for relaxing.

Like level 0 in Toe Jam & earl.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i love this update. i've been raised on Stage Editors, starting with Warcraft II. i'm going to have lots of fun with this feature, and i know when my stage is picked by Nintendo and sent to everyone, i'm coming straight here and start bragging about how mine was picked over everyone else's.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo needs to get on the ball with some HDD support. Smash videos and stages on top of Wii Ware? I'll not be buying a bunch of SD cards.

Really excited about the stage editor, tho. I hope they have skins based on the different franchises. I want to build a good Metroid stage.

Top Bottom